ENCstyleBBQWolf's Cookin' Thread....

35,429 Views | 563 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Civilized
ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Civilized said:

ncsupack1 said:

Baked chicken with rice and steamed vegetables.

Nice! An old standby for all of us I'm sure.

Here's the underrated but $64k question:

Sticky rice? Jasmine rice? Basmati? Or god forbid, brown rice?

My Mom used to do brown rice as a kid to try and be healthier when everyone was making the whole wheat/whole grain push but I'd be lying if I didn't say I could do with never having brown rice again. That stalky, flavorless mush is bird food. I'm not telling Mama that though.

Enjoy!!
Oh lord, I don't know? White rice in a pot...lol
Civilized
ncsupack1 said:

Civilized said:

ncsupack1 said:

My Mom used to do brown rice as a kid to try and be healthier when everyone was making the whole wheat/whole grain push but I'd be lying if I didn't say I could do with never having brown rice again. That stalky, flavorless mush is bird food. I'm not telling Mama that though.

Enjoy!!

Ha! Sounds perfect!

Don't know if y'all like Indian or not but we did Tikka Masala with Palak Paneer, Basmati rice, and garlic naan tonight.

Got super lazy and did the Trader Joe's prepared meal but it was perfect for a quick weeknight meal.
ncsupack1
Civilized said:

ncsupack1 said:

Civilized said:

ncsupack1 said:

Enjoy!!

Ha! Sounds perfect!

Don't know if y'all like Indian or not but we did Tikka Masala with Palak Paneer, Basmati rice, and garlic naan tonight.

Got super lazy and did the Trader Joe's prepared meal but it was perfect for a quick weeknight meal.
Might have to give it a try, just how spicey is it? As always, thanks for the suggestions.
Civilized
ncsupack1 said:

Civilized said:

ncsupack1 said:

Civilized said:

ncsupack1 said:

Enjoy!!

Ha! Sounds perfect!

Might have to give it a try, just how spicey is it? As always, thanks for the suggestions.

Palak paneer is a 5 on a 10 scale. Tikka masala is a 3. I like spice and the Palak is about perfect for this dish without being distracting. The masala could use a little more kick but that's easy enough with a little cayenne or serrano added in.

Patak's and Maya Kaimal also make really good tikka masala simmer sauces they sell in jars that are sold at commodity grocery stores around here. If we're only feeling nominally lazy we like doctoring those as a base for a more homemade version of tikka masala curry sauce (without going fully homemade) and really letting the chicken simmer for awhile.

Quite good, especially on a cooler rainy day like today!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.