ENCstyleBBQWolf's Cookin' Thread....

34,454 Views | 557 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by ncsupack1
Civilized
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ncsupack1 said:

Alright folks, any ideas for tomorrow's nights game? Any tailgating menus anyone wants to share? I think we are going easy and doing the BO.

Thursday nights are tough for cooking out there.

We're picking up too! Thinking Shake Shack burgers right now.

With some hoppy beverages and brown water, obv.
ncsupack1
Civilized said:

ncsupack1 said:

Alright folks, any ideas for tomorrow's nights game? Any tailgating menus anyone wants to share? I think we are going easy and doing the BO.

Don't laugh at me here, but tell me more about Shake Shack? Agree, about cooking out there on Thursdays.
Civilized
ncsupack1 said:

Civilized said:

ncsupack1 said:

Don't laugh at me here, but tell me more about Shake Shack? Agree, about cooking out there on Thursdays.

Oh man, it's so good!

Fast casual burgers with great fries and shakes, real simple stuff but so tasty.

They do diner style burgers on a flat top that are both so juicy and have a little char on the edges at the same time that are really fantastic. They also have a house mayonnaise base special sauce that is well done.

Normally I try not to crush fries unless they are unusually good and theirs are. Really crispy, crinkle cut, with a tangy salty spice that similar to Bojangles, but with a different enough flavor that it's notable.

All in all, when we're in the mood to grab a quick burger, it's definitely one of our families favorites. Highly recommend if you haven't tried it.
ncsupack1
Civilized said:

ncsupack1 said:

Civilized said:

ncsupack1 said:

Oh man, it's so good!

Fast casual burgers with great fries and shakes, real simple stuff but so tasty.

They do diner style burgers on a flat top that are both so juicy and have a little char on the edges at the same time that are really fantastic. They also have a house mayonnaise base special sauce that is well done.

Normally I try not to crush fries unless they are unusually good and theirs are. Really crispy, crinkle cut, with a tangy salty spice that similar to Bojangles, but with a different enough flavor that it's notable.

All in all, when we're in the mood to grab a quick burger, it's definitely one of our families favorites. Highly recommend if you haven't tried it.

Thank you, and will definitely try.
BBW12OG
The pig is starting to sizzle......... whole hog......

FH style......

If you know... you know....

Nap around 8 a.m. Loud and proud about 4 p.m.

"Born in the back woods raised by a bear...."

FH
TheStorm
Grilling chicken kabobs at the tailgate,
FlossyDFlynt
Think our group is doing Publix Chicken Tenders and Sandwiches for the game. Thursday makes it a bit more difficult to do a full spread

I took today off from work so I am doing some Mexican chicken thighs on the grill for lunch.
caryking
Not for the game tonight; however, Dallas Chicken and Biscuits, in Apex is closing, for good this weekend. A legendary place for good food. Get over there and try out their breakfast biscuits before they close for good…

I'm going this morning!!
ncsupack1
TheStorm said:

Love kabobs but I'm too lazy to make myself.
ncsupack1
FlossyDFlynt said:

Think our group is doing Publix Chicken Tenders and Sandwiches for the game. Thursday makes it a bit more difficult to do a full spread

I took today off from work so I am doing some Mexican chicken thighs on the grill for lunch.

Second on the Thursday big meal prep.
TheStorm
ncsupack1 said:

TheStorm said:

Doing the prep work this morning at the coast. Probably ready to eat this afternoon in Stadium East at 4:00 PM.

Looking forward to tailgating again with the masses at Carter-Finley... not looking forward to the heat though.
Civilized
TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

TheStorm said:

Doing the prep work this morning at the coast. Probably ready to eat this afternoon in Stadium East at 4:00 PM.

Looking forward to tailgating again with the masses at Carter-Finley... not looking forward to the heat though.

Same to all.

Come August we're all ready to get back out there and get after it!
Wufpack17
Cheese Steaks on the black stone. Grabbed some shaved ribeye
ncsupack1
Wufpack17 said:

Where did you get the ribeye? Been wanting to do some cheese steaks but was looking at the frozen packs of meat.
caryking
You all enjoy the game! I'll be relaxing, at the house, on the big screen. I haven't been to a game in close to 10 years… FB or BB!
ncsupack1
caryking said:

You all enjoy the game! I'll be relaxing, at the house, on the big screen. I haven't been to a game in close to 10 years… FB or BB!
Oh wow, don't live around the area anymore or just don't care about going?
GetOffMyLawnPack
ncsupack1 said:

Wufpack17 said:

Where did you get the ribeye? Been wanting to do some cheese steaks but was looking at the frozen packs of meat.
Check out Butcher's Market for the good shaved ribeye.
ncsupack1
GetOffMyLawnPack said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufpack17 said:

Check out Butcher's Market for the good shaved ribeye.
Thanks
ncsupack1
Had Cook Out for lunch, it was okay.
caryking
ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

I live about 10 minutes from the stadium. I've just lost interest in going to games. I watch them all from my house. I just enjoy that better…
ncsupack1
caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

I live about 10 minutes from the stadium. I've just lost interest in going to games. I watch them all from my house. I just enjoy that better…

Nothing wrong with that.
GetOffMyLawnPack
ncsupack1 said:

I believe they have reduced the quality of beef they use. In the beginning, the patties were larger and tasted better. FWIW, cookout was started by a couple of ex-Wendy's guys. That's a primary reason they have chick nuggets.
ncsupack1
GetOffMyLawnPack said:

ncsupack1 said:

I believe they have reduced the quality of beef they use. In the beginning, the patties were larger and tasted better. FWIW, cookout was started by a couple of ex-Wendy's guys. That's a primary reason they have chick nuggets.

Okay, I thought the patties were kinda small then I remembered.
ncsupack1
Having some Stephenson's tonight. IMO, the best eastern BBQ around, they also do some great bbq chicken.
Civilized
ncsupack1 said:

Having some Stephenson's tonight. IMO, the best eastern BBQ around, they also do some great bbq chicken.

Nice!! You pick it up fresh or have that in the freezer for a night when you didn't want to cook?
ncsupack1
Civilized said:

ncsupack1 said:

Nice!! You pick it up fresh or have that in the freezer for a night when you didn't want to cook?

Ha, both Fresh and frozen.
Civilized
ncsupack1 said:

Civilized said:

ncsupack1 said:

Yeah I hear you. 'Cue freezes so well. I try to keep some in our freezer at all times.

I throw hushpuppies in the freezer if they don't get eaten on night one too. Pop those puppies in the air fryer the next night, or several months later, and they're still great!
ncsupack1
Civilized said:

ncsupack1 said:

Civilized said:

ncsupack1 said:

Yeah I hear you. 'Cue freezes so well. I try to keep some in our freezer at all times.

I throw hushpuppies in the freezer if they don't get eaten on night one too. Pop those puppies in the air fryer the next night, or several months later, and they're still great!

I hadn't thought about freezing the puppies. Thanks
Civilized
ncsupack1 said:

Civilized said:

ncsupack1 said:

Civilized said:

ncsupack1 said:

I hadn't thought about freezing the puppies. Thanks

Yeah my uncle showed me that a couple of years ago. Works great!
ncsupack1
Found some nice New York strips for tonight. Will throw those on the grill just a little before kick off. Anyone else doing anything special for the game?
FlossyDFlynt
Buffalo Chicken Pizza for the game
Civilized
FlossyDFlynt said:

Ha!

Pizzas and Buffalo wings, separately, for us
ncsupack1
Civilized said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

Ha!

Pizzas and Buffalo wings, separately, for us

Do your own wings?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.