ENCstyleBBQWolf's Cookin' Thread....

7,711 Views | 203 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by ncsupack1
GetOffMyLawnPack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
waynecountywolf said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

waynecountywolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

I see Roland's has closed. Any of you folks down in Beaufort know if anything is going to take their spot? Always stopped by there when I would be there due to work. Decent place.
Redneck BBQ Lab

Wow. Thanks for sharing that.
Where was Roland's?
Beaufort, across from the Pig.
I never went there…. Just looked it up Google Maps and know exactly where it is.. I wish I had tried it out. Why did they close?

Good question? It wasn't the best but dang good.
Heck, I like Smithfield's…
Smithfields has the BEST fried chicken and chicken tenders
IIRC, on TOS, someone posted a long time ago that his wife worked on the formulation build at House Autry for the Smithfields breading for their chicken.
BBW12OG
I would copy the link but I don't want the powers that be to think this is an official advertisement...

If you are up in or near Sparta, NC you should check out the Alleghany Meat Center....

It is unbelievable good and a hell of a lot cheaper than Food Lion or Teeter. Some of the best cuts of steak I have ever had.

When we are remotely close we take a cooler and load up.

The hot sausage, bacon, steaks, pork chops are must haves. They have brisket reasonably sized and priced as well. Haven't got one of those yet but it's coming.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
ncsupack1
Clean out fridge night.
waynecountywolf
GetOffMyLawnPack said:

waynecountywolf said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

waynecountywolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

I see Roland's has closed. Any of you folks down in Beaufort know if anything is going to take their spot? Always stopped by there when I would be there due to work. Decent place.
Redneck BBQ Lab

Wow. Thanks for sharing that.
Where was Roland's?
Beaufort, across from the Pig.
I never went there…. Just looked it up Google Maps and know exactly where it is.. I wish I had tried it out. Why did they close?

Good question? It wasn't the best but dang good.
Heck, I like Smithfield's…
Smithfields has the BEST fried chicken and chicken tenders
IIRC, on TOS, someone posted a long time ago that his wife worked on the formulation build at House Autry for the Smithfields breading for their chicken.
Wife went to school with, and I used to work with many moons ago, gal that was married into the House Autry family. Thats all I Gotts!!
I am just here for the conspiracy theories
ncsupack1
Having some coffee this am. Thinking of doing some bacon this morning when the fam gets up.
hokiewolf
Putting on the glaze for the turkey breasts
Originator of the Tony Adams Scale
ncsupack1
hokiewolf said:

Looks great! I have always wanted to try turkey, just scared…lol what's the sides?
caryking
hokiewolf said:

I appreciate the invite..
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
hokiewolf
ncsupack1 said:

hokiewolf said:

Looks great! I have always wanted to try turkey, just scared…lol what's the sides?
sides? That's not my job! Turkey is easy, I use hot water in the pans under to regulate the temp and catch the glaze coming off.
hokiewolf
You're close enough, just roll your windows down and start sniffing.
caryking
hokiewolf said:

You're close enough, just roll your windows down and start sniffing.
I guess that will do..

Joe Biden
ncsupack1
hokiewolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

hokiewolf said:

sides? That's not my job! Turkey is easy, I use hot water in the pans under to regulate the temp and catch the glaze coming off.

I hear ya.
ncsupack1
Going to warm up some more of the bbq we got from a local fundraiser. Good stuff.
BBW12OG
Jambalaya with ENC pulled pork from Smithfield's....

Gonna see how it works out. Never tried this combo before but I'm off the rest of the week so if it sucks I'll try something different tomorrow!
ncsupack1
BBW12OG said:

Jambalaya with ENC pulled pork from Smithfield's....

Gonna see how it works out. Never tried this combo before but I'm off the rest of the week so if it sucks I'll try something different tomorrow!
Sounds good. Let us know how it goes.
BBW12OG
I'd rate it on a scale of 1-10 a strong 8.

It was great... I think I put too many red beans in. But as far as the flavor goes... I highly recommend it.
ncsupack1
BBW12OG said:

I'd rate it on a scale of 1-10 a strong 8.

It was great... I think I put too many red beans in. But as far as the flavor goes... I highly recommend it.

Sounds good. Thanks for sharing.
caryking
I really like Smithfield's. I had a BBQ sandwich, on the way to the beach, recently, that was the first time it didn't meet their standards.

Joe Biden
ncsupack1
caryking said:

I really like Smithfield's. I had a BBQ sandwich, on the way to the beach, recently, that was the first time it didn't meet their standards.

That sucks. For the most part they are pretty consistent.
caryking
ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

I agree…. Also, I put their red dipping sauce on my BBQ sandwich. I really like that stuff…

Joe Biden
ncsupack1
caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

I agree…. Also, I put their red dipping sauce on my BBQ sandwich. I really like that stuff…

I have never tried this…lol
BBW12OG
caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

Ugh... damn.... just damn.....

That Lexington crap is blasphemy.
ncsupack1
BBW12OG said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

I've never been a fan of Lexington style. Eastern here, Smithfield's is pretty good for what it is imo..
caryking
BBW12OG said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

If that is Lexington sauce, then give me more. That said, when we make our own Pork Butts, we always use an eastern style sauce, we buy.

I'm not a person that like to make my own sauce…

Joe Biden
ncsupack1
I buy my sauce also.
GetOffMyLawnPack
Homegating with some neighbors for the game. Roast beef sliders with pickled onions, sausage-cheese dip, wings, mac & cheese, and chips. Vodka, bourbon, with added inert ingredients to wash it down.

First time I've made pickled onions. Did the pre-fabrication last night and put in the fridge:
GetOffMyLawnPack
Homegating setup

ncsupack1
Nice setup.
caryking
GetOffMyLawnPack said:

Homegating setup

How can you beat Kings Hawaiian roles?
ncsupack1
Kings are really good. I've also started to eat the small sandwich rolls.
TheStorm
caryking said:

I really like Smithfield's. I had a BBQ sandwich, on the way to the beach, recently, that was the first time it didn't meet their historical standards.
Unfortunately, it won't be the last... last two quarts of BBQ I got there (two separate trips) were very sub-standard in quality both in how it was "pulled" and dry as ****ing hell.

Chicken pieces have started shrinking recently here in size and quality as well, just like every other drive through restaurant that still serves chicken.

I told the wife just earlier this week, that next time she stops not to worry about texting to see if I want anything...
TheStorm
ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

Yeah... No. Not recently anyway... I think they are pretty much "done" with worrying about the quality of their food anymore.
TheStorm
GetOffMyLawnPack said:

Homegating setup

What is that to the direct right of the pickle chips?
GetOffMyLawnPack
TheStorm said:

GetOffMyLawnPack said:

Homegating setup

What is that to the direct right of the pickle chips?
Duke's Mayo. Baked the top sirloin roast for 8 hours at 240F. Fork tender, so I just shredded it. Just put in covered frying pan with a little water to dilute the 2-3 skeets of Worcestershire sauce. Lawry's seasoned salt on the top.
GetOffMyLawnPack
TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

Yeah... No. Not recently anyway... I think they are pretty much "done" with worrying about the quality of their food anymore.
Yep, sad trend at restaurants. KFC buys all the broken drumsticks, and yes, I've noticed too that the chicken parts are getting smaller at the restaurants and larger flavorless pieces at the supermarkets where chicken is sold by the pound. If I'm grilling chicken at home, the ideal imo is a 2.5 to 3.5# chicken and the only place I can find those is at small family owned grocery stores like Smith's in Dortches or Moss Foods in Louisburg. Carlie C's has them sometimes if you sort through the display.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.