ENCstyleBBQWolf's Cookin' Thread....

14,886 Views | 333 Replies | Last: 47 min ago by ncsupack1
BBW12OG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It's time to bring this thing full circle!!!

In honor of the 2024 "Cardiac Pack".....

I have just put a 5 lb. pork loin on the smoker at a cool 180 degrees after brining it in a beer/vinegar concoction.

Gonna slow roast this thing and sip on some morning beers!

Enjoy guys!!!!
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
GetOffMyLawnPack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Awesome
caryking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BBW12OG said:

It's time to bring this thing full circle!!!

In honor of the 2024 "Cardiac Pack".....

I have just put a 5 lb. pork loin on the smoker at a cool 180 degrees after brining it in a beer/vinegar concoction.

Gonna slow roast this thing and sip on some morning beers!

Enjoy guys!!!!
We need pictures!
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Burgers and dogs tonight. Tomorrow pork ribs.
BBW12OG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It's wrapped and in the cooler simmering in a tad of Woodford.

I'll try. Never been able to post pics. Let me try from my phone.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
waynecountywolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shrimp in vodka sauce and fresh Parm cheese with garlic knots
Oh friend's mom that lives down the road brought warm fresh homemade applejacks,too.
I am just here for the conspiracy theories
GetOffMyLawnPack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Lunch today at Crabcatchers in Little River, SC. They serve fresh seafood, which is unusual. I didn't capture the boat at the adjacent dock, but she said they were cleaning sea bass and grouper over there that will be on the menu tonight. She said the shrimp I was eating was in the water yesterday. Fried corn on the cob. Needs to be on your list when you visit the area. http://www.crabcatchers.com/


ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GetOffMyLawnPack said:

Lunch today at Crabcatchers in Little River, SC. They serve fresh seafood, which is unusual. I didn't capture the boat at the adjacent dock, but she said they were cleaning sea bass and grouper over there that will be on the menu tonight. She said the shrimp I was eating was in the water yesterday. Fried corn on the cob. Needs to be on your list when you visit the area. http://www.crabcatchers.com/



That looks pretty dang good. I haven't had some good seafood in a minute. Going to check out that website.
ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
About to get the smoker going for some ribs for the Bristol race later. Got the yard work done, and now about to make a good size bourbon drink. Cheers!
caryking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ncsupack1 said:

About to get the smoker going for some ribs for the Bristol race later. Got the yard work done, and now about to make a good size bourbon drink. Cheers!
I wish the race would hurry up and start…. I need a nap and I don't want to miss the beginning..
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
waynecountywolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
7 Lb butt
gonna put om smoker Monday, I do believe
I am just here for the conspiracy theories
ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

About to get the smoker going for some ribs for the Bristol race later. Got the yard work done, and now about to make a good size bourbon drink. Cheers!
I wish the race would hurry up and start…. I need a nap and I don't want to miss the beginning..


lol…I'm glad the dirt is off.
caryking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

About to get the smoker going for some ribs for the Bristol race later. Got the yard work done, and now about to make a good size bourbon drink. Cheers!
I wish the race would hurry up and start…. I need a nap and I don't want to miss the beginning..


lol…I'm glad the dirt is off.
Agree
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
hokiewolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just prepped the smoker today, going to smoke turkey breasts for Easter for all the neighbors.
Originator of the Tony Adams Scale
caryking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
hokiewolf said:

Just prepped the smoker today, going to smoke turkey breasts for Easter for all the neighbors.
I appreciate the invite…
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
waynecountywolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
National Sloppy Joe Day
I am just here for the conspiracy theories
Big Sexy Pack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
waynecountywolf said:

National Sloppy Joe Day

camping, bourbon, and sloppy joes...

hell yeah.
ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Big Sexy Pack said:

waynecountywolf said:

National Sloppy Joe Day

camping, bourbon, and sloppy joes...

hell yeah.


Sounds fun. Not sure about tonight, could just be poppers and bourbon. The wife I'm sure will have some wine.
Wuffey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Copycats. haha. I made some mashed taters with garlic and green onion to go with a couple of bacon wrapped filets last night. Cooked the steaks in a cast iron inside. Big mistake and I set off the smoke alarm. Next time it's out to the grill where I should have been last night. Steaks turned out good but the GF ended up ripping the smoke alarm off the wall to get it to stop.beeping.
ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I hate when the alarm goes off.
ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
With the rain here going to do homemade pizza. Nothing fancy. What is everyone else doing?
Packfan89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Baking some chicken in the oven. Is that exciting enough for y'all?
ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Packfan89 said:

Baking some chicken in the oven. Is that exciting enough for y'all?
For me yes...lol got any sides?
GetOffMyLawnPack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
After hearing about the Roast Grill for decades, a friend and I had lunch there today. To be honest, was not impressed. It was okay, but doubt I will go to the trouble to return. A grilled hot dog is a grilled hot dog. Slaw; meh. Chili is the major differentiator amongst hot dogs. Their chili, again, meh. Tasted like Bunker Hill canned chili to be honest. No fries and of course, no ketchup which seems to be their calling card.

I would post a pic of the hot dog, but it was. . . a hot dog.
ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GetOffMyLawnPack said:

After hearing about the Roast Grill for decades, a friend and I had lunch there today. To be honest, was not impressed. It was okay, but doubt I will go to the trouble to return. A grilled hot dog is a grilled hot dog. Slaw; meh. Chili is the major differentiator amongst hot dogs. Their chili, again, meh. Tasted like Bunker Hill canned chili to be honest. No fries and of course, no ketchup which seems to be their calling card.

I would post a pic of the hot dog, but it was. . . a hot dog.

Wow, never have heard of this place. If you don't mind, location? If not I understand.
GetOffMyLawnPack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ncsupack1 said:

GetOffMyLawnPack said:

After hearing about the Roast Grill for decades, a friend and I had lunch there today. To be honest, was not impressed. It was okay, but doubt I will go to the trouble to return. A grilled hot dog is a grilled hot dog. Slaw; meh. Chili is the major differentiator amongst hot dogs. Their chili, again, meh. Tasted like Bunker Hill canned chili to be honest. No fries and of course, no ketchup which seems to be their calling card.

I would post a pic of the hot dog, but it was. . . a hot dog.

Wow, never have heard of this place. If you don't mind, location? If not I understand.
https://www.facebook.com/TheRoastGrillHotWeiners/






ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GetOffMyLawnPack said:

ncsupack1 said:

GetOffMyLawnPack said:

After hearing about the Roast Grill for decades, a friend and I had lunch there today. To be honest, was not impressed. It was okay, but doubt I will go to the trouble to return. A grilled hot dog is a grilled hot dog. Slaw; meh. Chili is the major differentiator amongst hot dogs. Their chili, again, meh. Tasted like Bunker Hill canned chili to be honest. No fries and of course, no ketchup which seems to be their calling card.

I would post a pic of the hot dog, but it was. . . a hot dog.

Wow, never have heard of this place. If you don't mind, location? If not I understand.
https://www.facebook.com/TheRoastGrillHotWeiners/







Thanks.
Packfan89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
LOL. A can of black beans and instant mashed potatoes.
ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Packfan89 said:

LOL. A can of black beans and instant mashed potatoes.
Nothing wrong with that. We go easy a lot of times. Going to pick up 4 pounds of BBQ this afternoon from a local group that sells by the pound.
caryking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I haven't been to the roast grill in years. I always remember then having an outstanding hot dog. That said, here is the way I make a hot dog, at home;

Standard buns from anywhere
Sabrett hot dogs
Pattersons chili
Mustard and Ketchup

I use an iron pan with a little butter spray, cook the hot dogs till they are almost black, heat the pattersons chili and add honey, to taste. Once hot dogs are cooked, place a streak of mustard and ketchup, in the bun, put the hot dog in on top of the condiments, then add the chili!!!

That's a great Hot Dog!!!
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
GetOffMyLawnPack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
caryking said:

I haven't been to the roast grill in years. I always remember then having an outstanding hot dog. That said, here is the way I make a hot dog, at home;

Standard buns from anywhere
Sabrett hot dogs
Pattersons chili
Mustard and Ketchup

I use an iron pan with a little butter spray, cook the hot dogs till they are almost black, heat the pattersons chili and add honey, to taste. Once hot dogs are cooked, place a streak of mustard and ketchup, in the bun, put the hot dog in on top of the condiments, then add the chili!!!

That's a great Hot Dog!!!
Imo, there isn't a better store-bought hot dog / hamburger chili than Patterson's. BUT, the best store bought is only as good as the worst homemade. But Patterson's will do in a pinch.

I just brown a pound of hamburger with salt and pepper. Drain much of the grease, add ketchup, garlic powder, chili powder, onion powder, a skeet of Texas Pete, a little brown sugar and about 3/4 cup water. Let it simmer down. Then I often add either a little instant mashed potato powder (Idahoan buttery my fav) or corn starch as a viscosity index improver so the chili isn't so watery. The instant taters give the chili a background rich tint to the flavor. Corn starch continues to thicken the longer the batch is heated. I'll post ENCBBQstyleWolf's chili recipe below. It takes about an hour to make, but is pretty good.
GetOffMyLawnPack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ENCBBQuestyleWolf's (God rest his soul) chili recipe:

1 lb. ground chuck
3 sweet onions, diced
4 Tabsp yellow mustard
3 teasp brown sugar
2 teasp apple cider vinegar
2 teasp chili powder
1 Tabsp bacon grease
1 cup hunts ketchup
salt to taste

Break chuck in large pan, add hot water until thick on medium heat. Stir until smooth then add remaining ingredients. Turn heat to low / simmer and cook for hour to hour and half, stirring occasionally. Thin, when necessary, with beer ( I use PBR for this chili only).

Store in airtight container. Don't know how it freezes because it doesn't last that long around here.


ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GetOffMyLawnPack said:

ENCBBQuestyleWolf's (God rest his soul) chili recipe:

1 lb. ground chuck
3 sweet onions, diced
4 Tabsp yellow mustard
3 teasp brown sugar
2 teasp apple cider vinegar
2 teasp chili powder
1 Tabsp bacon grease
1 cup hunts ketchup
salt to taste

Break chuck in large pan, add hot water until thick on medium heat. Stir until smooth then add remaining ingredients. Turn heat to low / simmer and cook for hour to hour and half, stirring occasionally. Thin, when necessary, with beer ( I use PBR for this chili only).

Store in airtight container. Don't know how it freezes because it doesn't last that long around here.





Thanks for sharing
XxNCSUxX
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ah yes. The much respected legacy of ENCBBQ.

He was the "best" of us.

Sigh
ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Poppers on the Weber later today. Nothing fancy here.
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.