Joe Biden

84,237 Views | 771 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BBW12OG
ncsualum05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
packgrad said:

200 million people will die by the time I finish this talk...

Locopop.

Golly and that's in addition to the 150 million who died in gun violence over the last 12 years. Is there anyone left!
Steve Williams
Staff
Not sure why but numbers really seem to get Biden in trouble a lot.
caryking
IseWolf22 said:

cowboypack02 said:

Pacfanweb said:

Civilized said:

If the MSM portrays our next pub president as negatively as they do Trump, IPS pubs can lambast me for being wrong. I'll eat a heaping pile of crow. He gets covered differently because he is different.
They did the same thing to W.

Only difference is, W didn't fight back like Trumps does, so it didn't get as petty and excessive as they are with Trump, but they covered W the same as they do Trump.

About the only difference is 9/11. They had to back off because W's handling of that was pretty awesome and he was very popular at that time and they knew the country didn't want to hear/see them bashing him....but as soon as enough time went by they went right back at him.
Did the same thing to McCain and Ronmey as well when they were running for President.

Trump gives it right back to them. Does it get into a nasty tit for tat that we could all do without...yes...but the media doesn't have any integrity in the whole matter. The fact of the matter is that if the media treated Trump like they treated Obama we would have to hear Trump talk about how they are all best friends.

Even when the Obama administration did things like spy on a reporter (James Rosen) no one in the media cared because of the letter behind the name.
The big difference between Trump and Bush/Romney, is how many conservative politicians and media personalities have turned against him. The Bulwark or Lincoln Project never sprung up to fight against Bush's re-election.
I agree. Why are so many republican pundits/ex-politicians against Trump? One one say that they don't care for his rhetoric and it might be true. I contend that they don't like his tearing up the republican orthodoxy that's perpetuating or perpetuated what true conservatitism is about.

Now, I'm not saying Trump is a true conservative by any means; however, I support the breaking down of the Republican Party as we have known it for years.
ncsualum05
caryking said:

IseWolf22 said:

cowboypack02 said:

Pacfanweb said:

Civilized said:

If the MSM portrays our next pub president as negatively as they do Trump, IPS pubs can lambast me for being wrong. I'll eat a heaping pile of crow. He gets covered differently because he is different.

Only difference is, W didn't fight back like Trumps does, so it didn't get as petty and excessive as they are with Trump, but they covered W the same as they do Trump.

About the only difference is 9/11. They had to back off because W's handling of that was pretty awesome and he was very popular at that time and they knew the country didn't want to hear/see them bashing him....but as soon as enough time went by they went right back at him.
Did the same thing to McCain and Ronmey as well when they were running for President.

Trump gives it right back to them. Does it get into a nasty tit for tat that we could all do without...yes...but the media doesn't have any integrity in the whole matter. The fact of the matter is that if the media treated Trump like they treated Obama we would have to hear Trump talk about how they are all best friends.

Even when the Obama administration did things like spy on a reporter (James Rosen) no one in the media cared because of the letter behind the name.
The big difference between Trump and Bush/Romney, is how many conservative politicians and media personalities have turned against him. The Bulwark or Lincoln Project never sprung up to fight against Bush's re-election.
I agree. Why are so many republican pundits/ex-politicians against Trump? One one say that they don't care for his rhetoric and it might be true. I contend that they don't like his tearing up the republican orthodoxy that's perpetuating or perpetuated what true conservatitism is about.

Now, I'm not saying Trump is a true conservative by any means; however, I support the breaking down of the Republican Party as we have known it for years.
Because a lot of these people aren't true conservatives anyway. They were making money off of being "conservative leaders" and spouting principles that they knew would never be put into practice in government. They were also part of the establishment elite. The type of "intellectual conservatism" they believed in was more to enrich themselves. Republican party was weak and helpless and even assisted the left with more power. Trump took some conservative principles and combined it with populism and broke the GOP and reshaped it. In doing so he pissed off a lot of the country club elites, the "old guard" if you will. So of course they are going to come out against him. The fact they are promoting the left now should tell you where their principles really lie. They do it under the guise of "Trump's dangerous to democracy". Please.
Pacfanweb
There is nothing conservative about the Republican party. There might be some conservatives in it, but they aren't much of a factor.

Our government has been drifting left for decades. When Dems are in charge, it speeds up, when Pubs are in charge is slows down, but it's always steadily to the left.

Used to be it would go back and forth depending on who was in charge, but now the only difference is if we're sprinting to the left like under Obama, or just jogging like under Bush or Trump.
WPNfamily
Steve Williams said:

Because he is a walking vegetable.
Pacfanweb
Steve Williams said:

I get no pleasure out of these videos of him fumbling and looking inept. Dude should be enjoying what time he has left with his family, not mucking around in politics and looking like a fool.

It's clear that he has no business working anywhere at this point, much less running for President.

It happens to everyone at some point. I don't think there's been anyone in the history of the Earth
that was competent enough at 78 to be just starting a job of this magnitude. If you were going to be that age
at the end of your time in the job, maybe, but not just beginning.

Civilized
Pacfanweb said:

There is nothing conservative about the Republican party. There might be some conservatives in it, but they aren't much of a factor.

Our government has been drifting left for decades. When Dems are in charge, it speeds up, when Pubs are in charge is slows down, but it's always steadily to the left.

Used to be it would go back and forth depending on who was in charge, but now the only difference is if we're sprinting to the left like under Obama, or just jogging like under Bush or Trump.

This is a good description economically.

I think the Republican party remains largely conservative on primary social issues though, principally gun control and abortion. I don't see conservative stances on those two issues changing much, if at all, over time.
IseWolf22
ncsualum05 said:

caryking said:

IseWolf22 said:

cowboypack02 said:

Pacfanweb said:

Civilized said:

Because a lot of these people aren't true conservatives anyway. They were making money off of being "conservative leaders" and spouting principles that they knew would never be put into practice in government. They were also part of the establishment elite. The type of "intellectual conservatism" they believed in was more to enrich themselves. Republican party was weak and helpless and even assisted the left with more power. Trump took some conservative principles and combined it with populism and broke the GOP and reshaped it. In doing so he pissed off a lot of the country club elites, the "old guard" if you will. So of course they are going to come out against him. The fact they are promoting the left now should tell you where their principles really lie. They do it under the guise of "Trump's dangerous to democracy". Please.
These people you're trashing have a better "conservative" record than Trump has. The GOP under Trump is arguably only conservative in relation to the Democrats. I agree he "broke" the GOP and reshaped it. But that breaking has resulted in a smaller party that has run off many in the republican tent including moderates and Libertarians. His best hope this year is that a number of those ultimately decide his brand of authoritarianism is slightly more preferable than liberals.
packgrad
bigeric
Odds are he doesn't remember what he said last week, much less 4 yrs. ago.
Like I said, if you cant get hyped for the Carolina game, why are you here?
-Earl Wolff-
caryking
IseWolf22 said:

ncsualum05 said:

caryking said:

IseWolf22 said:

cowboypack02 said:

Pacfanweb said:

Civilized said:

But that breaking has resulted in a smaller party that has run off many in the republican tent.

You may be right; however, based on the people I associate with, they would rather have Trump than a Romney type. Trump is way outside the system and the system can't handle it. For me, even though I have major issues with some of the policies (I am a libertarian or constitutionalist), his persona is exactly what the country needs. The Federal government, in my opinion, is so corrupt, that we have needed a radical change in the way it is is perceived.

Joe Biden is more of the same Federal Government!!!
IseWolf22
caryking said:

IseWolf22 said:

ncsualum05 said:

caryking said:

IseWolf22 said:

cowboypack02 said:

Pacfanweb said:

Civilized said:

But that breaking has resulted in a smaller party that has run off many in the republican tent.

You may be right; however, based on the people I associate with, they would rather have Trump than a Romney type. Trump is way outside the system and the system can't handle it. For me, even though I have major issues with some of the policies (I am a libertarian or constitutionalist), his persona is exactly what the country needs. The Federal government, in my opinion, is so corrupt, that we have needed a radical change in the way it is is perceived.

We all associate in bubbles. Before 2016 I would have said my social circle was extremely diverse politically. I have friends that are republicans, libertarians, democrats, independents of multiple flavors. Now that entire group of people are mostly united in hating Trump. So maybe my "diverse" group isn't as diverse as I thought, because some people obviously like him.

A couple more points:
1. I'd take Romney 1 million times before Trump or Biden and so would most of the Republicans and former republicans I know
2. Trump's person is his worst attribute and not what this country needs at all. Most of you would be mortified if your child acted anything like him
3. Trump is different Federal Government, but he's still big government. He's not popular with Libertarian media and scholars
ncsualum05
IseWolf22 said:

caryking said:

IseWolf22 said:

ncsualum05 said:

caryking said:

IseWolf22 said:

cowboypack02 said:

Pacfanweb said:

Civilized said:

We all associate in bubbles. Before 2016 I would have said my social circle was extremely diverse politically. I have friends that are republicans, libertarians, democrats, independents of multiple flavors. Now that entire group of people are mostly united in hating Trump. So maybe my "diverse" group isn't as diverse as I thought, because some people obviously like him.

A couple more points:
1. I'd take Romney 1 million times before Trump or Biden and so would most of the Republicans and former republicans I know
2. Trump's person is his worst attribute and not what this country needs at all. Most of you would be mortified if your child acted anything like him
3. Trump is different Federal Government, but he's still big government. He's not popular with Libertarian media and scholars
The tent for the new Republican party under Trump is getting bigger I'd argue. Some of that is because the left is becoming so extreme that it's pushing people towards Trump for nothing more than basic desire to save the country and keep it as it is. Most don't want to see political violence used as a motivator to get things you want done but that is where the left is. To your points...

1. Most republicans would not take Romney. If that were true he would've won in 2012. He had a chance... blew it, and the country decided to overwhelming re elect a very unpopular Obama. That was a low point in Obama's popularity around that time.

2. You're not wrong. But the entire media and all the politicians have been acting like petulant children for years, Trump is just more brazen and doesn't speak like the rest of them. I find him refreshing most of the time. But definitely find him cringeworthy on twitter. When he holds official speaking events, conferences, or rallies I think he does every well.

3. I'm not sure about that. He hasn't pushed to get spending under control which is disappointing. But congress has to be on board with that and that will never happen. Good luck ever being able to "cut" anything in DC... regardless of party. What he's focused on instead is increasing revenue by holding other countries accountable for monies they owe as well as re working trade deals which was long overdue. I wish we could have more libertarian style government but how do you get there?

Important question... how do you get libertarian platform to win on a national scale? How do you get the old style Republican like Romney to win on a national scale? You can't.
caryking
ncsualum05 said:

IseWolf22 said:

caryking said:

IseWolf22 said:

ncsualum05 said:

caryking said:

IseWolf22 said:

cowboypack02 said:

Pacfanweb said:

Civilized said:

A couple more points:
The tent for the new Republican party under Trump is getting bigger I'd argue. Some of that is because the left is becoming so extreme that it's pushing people towards Trump for nothing more than basic desire to save the country and keep it as it is. Most don't want to see political violence used as a motivator to get things you want done but that is where the left is. To your points...

1. Most republicans would not take Romney. If that were true he would've won in 2012. He had a chance... blew it, and the country decided to overwhelming re elect a very unpopular Obama. That was a low point in Obama's popularity around that time.

2. You're not wrong. But the entire media and all the politicians have been acting like petulant children for years, Trump is just more brazen and doesn't speak like the rest of them. I find him refreshing most of the time. But definitely find him cringeworthy on twitter. When he holds official speaking events, conferences, or rallies I think he does every well.

3. I'm not sure about that. He hasn't pushed to get spending under control which is disappointing. But congress has to be on board with that and that will never happen. Good luck ever being able to "cut" anything in DC... regardless of party. What he's focused on instead is increasing revenue by holding other countries accountable for monies they owe as well as re working trade deals which was long overdue. I wish we could have more libertarian style government but how do you get there?

Important question... how do you get libertarian platform to win on a national scale? How do you get the old style Republican like Romney to win on a national scale? You can't.
I voted for Ted Cruz in the Republican primary. I thought Cruz provided the closet ideology to original intent as any politicians recently. That being said, I do not believe Cruz would have had as much success as Trump.

The areas that believe have been the best for trump are: tax and regulation policies; trade; federal court appointees. I also think Trump has been excellent at standing his ground with the media as they are out of control.

Cruz may have been more thoughtful to the constitution; however, based on negotiating with mad people (Pelosi and Schumer) I'm not sure he would have had any chance.

BTW, Romney is an absolute JOKE!!!! <- yes, that's my opinion
caryking
IseWolf22 said:

caryking said:

IseWolf22 said:

ncsualum05 said:

caryking said:

IseWolf22 said:

cowboypack02 said:

Pacfanweb said:

Civilized said:

A couple more points:
I don't know which scholars you are referencing; however, typically, that's not a bad thing.
ciscopack
packgrad said:

The rules were changed in 2016 and you know that! If not for a rules change, moderate Merrick Garland would be a Supreme Court judge.

Garland is considered a judicial moderate and a centrist. Judge Garland's record demonstrates that he is essentially the model, neutral judge. He is acknowledged by all to be brilliant. His opinions avoid unnecessary, sweeping pronouncements. Garland has a reputation for collegiality, and his opinions rarely draw a dissent. As of 2016, Garland had written just 15 dissents in his two decades on the court, fewer than his colleague Judge Brett Kavanaugh, who wrote some 17 dissents over one decade.

Communistic dictatorship is what you seek; not democracy! We've fought over way less!
packgrad
The rules were not changed.
ciscopack
packgrad said:

why wasn't Garland voted on....10 months prior to the election? No one was voting then and millions have been cast now.

Communistic dictatorship is what you seek; not democracy! We've fought over way less!
packgrad
ciscopack said:

packgrad said:

why wasn't Garland voted on....10 months prior to the election? No one was voting then and millions have been cast now.

Lol. Grow up.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/08/history-is-on-the-side-of-republicans-filling-a-supreme-court-vacancy-in-2020/amp/?__twitter_impression=true&s=09
DrummerboyWolf
packgrad said:

Technically they were changed. In 2013 the rules were changed in the Senate by Harry Reid. It used to be that any Supreme Court or Federal judge had to get past the 60 vote total to end filibuster or debate. McConnell warned the Democrats to not do it. Of course the Dem's did not listen and now they are whining like they always do. You change the rules to fit your agenda, but when the tables get turned you don't get to change back because you don't like the rules. Dems made their beds and now they have lie in them.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
Civilized
Because the Pubs controlled the Senate, Obama was a lame duck, and there was a chance a Republican could be in the White House come the following January that could nominate a conservative judge.

No matter how much the Pubs want to disingenuously make this seem like some specific situational precedent, the broader precedent is simply that politicians do things because they can.

There was nothing compelling the Republican controlled Senate to vote on Garland in 2016, and they will absolutely move forward with their nominee this year. Because they can.
ciscopack
packgrad said:

ciscopack said:

packgrad said:

Lol. Grow up.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/08/history-is-on-the-side-of-republicans-filling-a-supreme-court-vacancy-in-2020/amp/?__twitter_impression=true&s=09
You need to grow up.

Lindsey Graham said that Republicans had changed the rules and that he'd make sure they were not changed back. That's not a quote but it means the same.

"My grandpa used to say, a man is only as good as his word" - Lindsey Graham

packgrad
82TxPackFan
IseWolf22 said:

caryking said:

IseWolf22 said:

ncsualum05 said:

caryking said:

IseWolf22 said:

cowboypack02 said:

Pacfanweb said:

Civilized said:

A couple more points:
I wouldn't vote for Romney if he was running for the dogcatcher's job!
caryking
Civilized said:

Pacfanweb said:

This is a good description economically.

I think the Republican party remains largely conservative on primary social issues though, principally gun control and abortion. I don't see conservative stances on those two issues changing much, if at all, over time.
This is what amazes me about liberals.. gun control and abortion. The conservative position is 100% constitutional!

Gun control - it's only liberals that want re-write the 2nd amendment; therefore, how can that be a social issue?

Abortion - conservatives believe its innocent killing; however, the true reason they want an overturn is because of the 10th amendment. No where in the constitution does the federal government have power to rule on the subject. It should have been given back to the states.
DrummerboyWolf
Well here is "Joe being Joe." So easy a 3rd grader could do it. WOW!

Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
Bas2020
Debate is next week ?
PackBacker07
9/29 I believe?
Y'all means ALL.
Pacfanweb
DrummerboyWolf said:

Well here is "Joe being Joe." So easy a 3rd grader could do it. WOW!

In fairness, it doesn't sound like he was reciting the Pledge, sounds like he was using part of it to make a point.

I'd bet someone lunch that's what it was.

Not big on this "out of context" crap, no matter which side is doing it.
ciscopack
ciscopack said:

packgrad said:

ciscopack said:

packgrad said:

Lol. Grow up.

You need to grow up.

Lindsey Graham said that Republicans had changed the rules and that he'd make sure they were not changed back. That's not a quote but it means the same.

"My grandpa used to say, a man is only as good as his word" - Lindsey Graham

"A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favour rather than silver and gold" - Proverbs 22:1

cowboypack02
packgrad said:

ciscopack said:

packgrad said:

Lol. Grow up.

I have the exact same article bookmarked for just this comment!

I'm gonna shorten it up so you don't have to read through it.

There have been 22 supreme court vacancies during a presidential election year. Every time that the same party has held both the house and senate the a at has been filled and everytime the two have been different parties is hasn't....been that way since 1791.

There is 230 years of history that disagree with you my friend
cowboypack02

Isn't it quite literally his job to tell us exactly where he stands on this if he is running for president?
WPNfamily
cowboypack02 said:

Isn't it quite literally his job to tell us exactly where he stands on this if he is running for president?
This looks like some kind of no budget isis video.
Bas2020
How is Biden allowed a teleprompter when asking questions from reporters ?

He's turned into a robot controlled by who knows who.

A really old robot....

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.