Joe Biden

84,247 Views | 771 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BBW12OG
Bas2020
How long do you want to ignore this user?
packgrad said:

Bas2020 said:

packgrad said:

That's a VERY sketchy phone call.

Very sketchy. 100% an issue of consequence yet it is glossed over by the left and the media. There are articles all the time about how the transfer of power will be if Trump loses, yet crickets about this.

Has Biden been asked if that is him on the phone call?

This should be ONE of the top 3 biggest stories of this election cycle.
cowboypack02
Civilized said:

cowboypack02 said:

Pacfanweb said:

Civilized said:

If the MSM portrays our next pub president as negatively as they do Trump, IPS pubs can lambast me for being wrong. I'll eat a heaping pile of crow. He gets covered differently because he is different.
They did the same thing to W.

Only difference is, W didn't fight back like Trumps does, so it didn't get as petty and excessive as they are with Trump, but they covered W the same as they do Trump.

About the only difference is 9/11. They had to back off because W's handling of that was pretty awesome and he was very popular at that time and they knew the country didn't want to hear/see them bashing him....but as soon as enough time went by they went right back at him.
Did the same thing to McCain and Ronmey as well when they were running for President.

Trump gives it right back to them. Does it get into a nasty tit for tat that we could all do without...yes...but the media doesn't have any integrity in the whole matter. The fact of the matter is that if the media treated Trump like they treated Obama we would have to hear Trump talk about how they are all best friends.

Even when the Obama administration did things like spy on a reporter (James Rosen) no one in the media cared because of the letter behind the name.

I think that's a false equivalency between negative reporting about Bush vs. Trump. Was the press critical with Bush, McCain, etc.? Yes, but not nearly to the same degree. You can't just say they did "it" with Bush, McCain, Romney, et. al. too. If "it" is critical reporting there is a massive range of frequencies and intensities of "it".

The frequency and intensity of negative MSM reporting is not in the same ballpark with past pub presidents and candidates as it is with Trump.

You guys are couching this as simply anti-pub sentiment in the MSM when really it's anti-pub sentiment amplified significantly by the particulars of Trump's impulsivity and personality.

The problem with your assumption here is that the media has been very upfront about their feelings for Trump since the day he became president....its revisionist history to go back now and say that trump has caused all of the issues between him and the media.

Civilized
cowboypack02 said:

The problem with your assumption here is that the media has been very upfront about their feelings for Trump since the day he became president....its revisionist history to go back now and say that trump has caused all of the issues between him and the media.

They were immediately negative after his election.

Their negativity has gotten even worse, to some arguable degree, because he's so caustic and adversarial.

Both those things can be true.
packgrad
Why has Biden never been taken to task on his tall tales? Can you imagine if Trump lies about going into conflict to pin an award on a soldier?Jesus, the man is certifiable.

SupplyChainPack
packgrad said:

WOW. Had not seen that before.

That is really, really bad.

Along with everything else, Biden is corrupt as the day is long.

It's hard to understand why he would be under consideration for a slot on a HOA board, so much less so the Presidency of the United States.
IseWolf22
cowboypack02 said:

Pacfanweb said:

Civilized said:

If the MSM portrays our next pub president as negatively as they do Trump, IPS pubs can lambast me for being wrong. I'll eat a heaping pile of crow. He gets covered differently because he is different.

Only difference is, W didn't fight back like Trumps does, so it didn't get as petty and excessive as they are with Trump, but they covered W the same as they do Trump.

About the only difference is 9/11. They had to back off because W's handling of that was pretty awesome and he was very popular at that time and they knew the country didn't want to hear/see them bashing him....but as soon as enough time went by they went right back at him.
Did the same thing to McCain and Ronmey as well when they were running for President.

Trump gives it right back to them. Does it get into a nasty tit for tat that we could all do without...yes...but the media doesn't have any integrity in the whole matter. The fact of the matter is that if the media treated Trump like they treated Obama we would have to hear Trump talk about how they are all best friends.

Even when the Obama administration did things like spy on a reporter (James Rosen) no one in the media cared because of the letter behind the name.
Did mainstream media (minus Fox), treat Bush and Romney unfairly? Yes.
Did they treat Obama with kid gloves? Yes
(Again, minus Fox and conservative media that did attack him regularly on everything)

Is the coverage of Trump more of the same? I'd say no. There is still the baseline left leaning bias in coverage. There is also admittedly, TDS among liberal journalists. But Trump also gives them so much meat to run with. Other recent presidents have misspoke and lied. None have lied to nearly the extent of Trump. His rally speeches are just him ad-libbing with no concern that what he's saying is backed up by reality. Then we have his tumultuous cabinet and staff turnover, and finally the non stop Twitter.

The big difference between Trump and Bush/Romney, is how many conservative politicians and media personalities have turned against him. The Bulwark or Lincoln Project never sprung up to fight against Bush's re-election.
SupplyChainPack
Civilized said:

cowboypack02 said:

They were immediately negative after his election.

Their negativity has gotten even worse, to some arguable degree, because he's so caustic and adversarial.

Both those things can be true.

No , as soon as he got the nomination. They were a little nicer during the pub primary because they assumed Trump would be an easy out for Hillary to destroy during her pre-election coronation tour .

Woops!
bigeric
My overriding concern is, and was in 2016, SCOTUS appointments.
All else pales in significance for me. While the seats held by Ginsburg and Breyer are immediate, Thomas and Alito are 72 and 70, respectively.

In the next four years, replacing Ginsburg and Breyer and one of Thomas/Alito will hopefully set our Nation back on the course the Founding Fathers intended.
Like I said, if you cant get hyped for the Carolina game, why are you here?
-Earl Wolff-
packgrad
Does Biden think Trump is making the vaccine, not scientists? Loco.

Civilized
packgrad said:

This isn't even partisan.

He's 100%, unequivocally correct and nitpicking his words here is ridiculous.

Do you trust what Trump says about vaccines?

If so, what has he done to earn your trust in his knowledge in vaccines, his lack of ulterior motives, and his ability to communicate about them clearly and effectively?

Who should we listen to for guidance on vaccines, Trump or scientists (Fauci or some other expert of your choosing)?
packgrad
Civilized said:

packgrad said:

This isn't even partisan.

He's 100%, unequivocally correct and nitpicking his words here is ridiculous.

Do you trust what Trump says about vaccines?

If so, what has he done to earn your trust in his knowledge in vaccines, his lack of ulterior motives, and his ability to communicate about them clearly and effectively?

Who should we listen to for guidance on vaccines, Trump or scientists (Fauci or some other expert of your choosing)?

The president determines which vaccines are safe? I don't think so. Another lie from Joe.
Civilized
packgrad said:

The president determines which vaccines are safe? I don't think so. Another lie from Joe.

It's not just which vaccines are safe.

Who trusts the President's guidance at this point about anything relating to vaccines, or Coronavirus?

When he says we'll have a safe and fully tested vaccine by November, do you believe him?

Or do you believe the scientists that say a safe vaccine will take longer than that to get to market?

The point more broadly is that the sitting President has completely lost the American public's trust about the most important public health and economic issue our country has faced in decades.

Would you expect his political rival to not bring up that fact? Voter trust is a huge issue in every campaign.
82TxPackFan
cowboypack02 said:

Civilized said:

cowboypack02 said:

Pacfanweb said:

Civilized said:

I think that's a false equivalency between negative reporting about Bush vs. Trump. Was the press critical with Bush, McCain, etc.? Yes, but not nearly to the same degree. You can't just say they did "it" with Bush, McCain, Romney, et. al. too. If "it" is critical reporting there is a massive range of frequencies and intensities of "it".

The frequency and intensity of negative MSM reporting is not in the same ballpark with past pub presidents and candidates as it is with Trump.

You guys are couching this as simply anti-pub sentiment in the MSM when really it's anti-pub sentiment amplified significantly by the particulars of Trump's impulsivity and personality.

The problem with your assumption here is that the media has been very upfront about their feelings for Trump since the day he became president. won the election...its revisionist history to go back now and say that trump has caused all of the issues between him and the media.

Fixed that for you.
packgrad
Civilized said:

packgrad said:

It's not just which vaccines are safe.

Who trusts the President's guidance at this point about anything relating to vaccines, or Coronavirus?

When he says we'll have a safe and fully tested vaccine by November, do you believe him?

Or do you believe the scientists that say a safe vaccine will take longer than that to get to market?

The point more broadly is that the sitting President has completely lost the American public's trust about the most important public health and economic issue our country has faced in decades.

Would you expect his political rival to not bring up that fact? Voter trust is a huge issue in every campaign.

If you want to argue about what Joe lied about we can. Seems you're willing to just sweep his lies under the rug. We have 24/7 news cycles that keep track of every single mistruth/ exaggeration Trump says to use it as an excuse for him not being trustworthy. Biden clearly is a compulsive liar, but somehow he's trustworthy because he's not orange man?

What has Biden done to earn your trust in regards to coronavirus at this point? Certainly nothing strategic. He's been on the wrong side of decisions or basically says he'd do the same things that have been done.

I think the president hopes a vaccine will be out by November. I think if you take it as anything other than that, it's just your search for outrage. I don't think he's lost the American Public's trust any more so than his political rivals or the media that try to mischaracterize everything he says/does.

Ripper
In 47 years in DC, Biden has never done anything that would consider him a trustworthy individual. He's a political grifter. I'd trust Trump over a grifter with Dementia any day of the week.
caryking
ciscopack said:

caryking said:

ciscopack said:

Bill tried to ban assault rifles but there were too many holes in the 95-4 voted bill to get human killing weapons off the shelves (they are human killing weapons...not for rabbits or squirrel or dear or bear). Now far left, far right and middle of the roaders own them.....not me, yet.
I'm not sure I follow what you are saying. Of the 8 or so guns you own, which one is "Not" human killing?
They are made to hunt with but like many things, they would kill humans. Assault rifles are made to kill humans!

Really? Go look at most common ammo... they were all developed with military in mind. Ultimately, they became good for hunting. Again, tell me which (I'll be more specific) pistol, rifle, shotgun, knife, car, dump truck, baseball bat, is not human killing?

And with your logic: do pencils misspell words?
bigeric
"... If the President had done his job, all the people would be alive.
ALL THE PEOPLE WOULD BE ALIVE ..."
-Earl Wolff-
Civilized
packgrad said:

If you want to argue about what Joe lied about we can. Seems you're willing to just sweep his lies under the rug. We have 24/7 news cycles that keep track of every single mistruth/ exaggeration Trump says to use it as an excuse for him not being trustworthy. Biden clearly is a compulsive liar, but somehow he's trustworthy because he's not orange man?

What has Biden done to earn your trust in regards to coronavirus at this point? Certainly nothing strategic. He's been on the wrong side of decisions or basically says he'd do the same things that have been done.

I think the president hopes a vaccine will be out by November. I think if you take it as anything other than that, it's just your search for outrage. I don't think he's lost the American Public's trust any more so than his political rivals or the media that try to mischaracterize everything he says/does.

On a 10-scale, rate how much/how badly Trump, Obama, Bush, and Clinton lied and hyperbolized.

Just completely subjectively, I'm not asking for data. Just how you feel about it.
cowboypack02
Civilized said:

packgrad said:

On a 10-scale, rate how much/how badly Trump, Obama, Bush, and Clinton lied and hyperbolized.

Just completely subjectively, I'm not asking for data. Just how you feel about it.

You want to treat politicians like some holier that thou group of people who aren't supposed to lie to you. I expect them to lie....every single one of them. That's why I look at the actions that they take as opposed to what comes out of their mouth. If you get your feathers all riled up because a politician lies to you I dunno what to tell you man.

Only one of these people was disbarred for lying under oath....and it wasn't Trump
Civilized
cowboypack02 said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

You want to treat politicians like some holier that thou group of people who aren't supposed to lie to you. I expect them to lie....every single one of them. That's why I look at the actions that they take as opposed to what comes out of their mouth. If you get your feathers all riled up because a politician lies to you I dunno what to tell you man.

Only one of these people was disbarred for lying under oath....and it wasn't Trump

A petty thief and a murderer are both criminals but there's a clear difference in severity of their crimes.

Lying politicians can be evaluated similarly. It's not binary. It's not whether they lie, or not. It's how often, and how badly.
Pacfanweb
Civilized said:

cowboypack02 said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

A petty thief and a murderer are both criminals but there's a clear difference in severity of their crimes.

Lying politicians can be evaluated similarly. It's not binary. It's not whether they lie, or not. It's how often, and how badly.
Trump's been in DC for 4 years. Will be there a max of 4 more years. Biden has been lying to the public for 50 years. He has a much longer track record. He's been there long enough, with relatively little to show for it.

Imagine if the press had him under a microscope for even half that time, reporting on every gaffe and misspeak he committed.
cowboypack02
Pacfanweb said:

Civilized said:

cowboypack02 said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Trump's been in DC for 4 years. Will be there a max of 4 more years. Biden has been lying to the public for 50 years. He has a much longer track record. He's been there long enough, with relatively little to show for it.

Imagine if the press had him under a microscope for even half that time, reporting on every gaffe and misspeak he committed.

That hits perfectly on my other thought. The media is suppose to be the unbiased 5th estate to keep politicians honest but they are not anything close to that anymore. Maybe if we have some unbias journalist then we might get a bit more honestly out of politicians
packgrad
Correct. If Trump said Biden/Hillary/Obama decided which vaccines are safe, and not the scientists, fact checkers, media, and leftists would all cry foul and put in in their collection of supposed lies and mistruths. If Biden does it, it's just politicians being politicians. Quite the incredible double standard.
cowboypack02
Civilized said:

cowboypack02 said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

A lie is a lie...just because you agree or disagree with who is lying to you doesn't change the fact that your being lied to
packgrad
I tend to think Biden saying if the president had done his job, ALL of the people would be alive is about as bad a lie as you can say.
Pacfanweb
cowboypack02 said:

Civilized said:

cowboypack02 said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

A lie is a lie...just because you agree or disagree with who is lying to you doesn't change the fact that your being lied to
Yep, and honestly....most of Trump's "lies" are pure hyperbole. Greatly exaggerating. Not outright untruths, like Biden, although Trump does that, too. But most things he gets bashed about in the media are usually more hyperbole than anything else, but it's passed off as "lying" by the Democratic media. Which is, 99.9% of the media, so might as well say "All the media".
bigeric
packgrad said:

I tend to think Biden saying if the president had done his job, ALL of the people would be alive is about as bad a lie as you can say.
Aw, come on, guy.
-Earl Wolff-
cowboypack02
bigeric said:

packgrad said:

Aw, come on, guy.

Directly blaming the president of the US for 180k deaths is a hell of a lie
bigeric
cowboypack02 said:

bigeric said:

packgrad said:

Aw, come on, guy.

Maybe I should have posted:

"Aw, come on, guy."
- Joe Biden -
-Earl Wolff-
cowboypack02
bigeric said:

cowboypack02 said:

bigeric said:

packgrad said:

Aw, come on, guy.

Maybe I should have posted:

"Aw, come on, guy."
- Joe Biden -

LOL!
Cthepack
cowboypack02 said:

Civilized said:

cowboypack02 said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

I disagree. Telling a lie under oath is much much worse than your basic lie that all politicians tell.
Civilized
Cthepack said:

cowboypack02 said:

I disagree. Telling a lie under oath is much much worse than your basic lie that all politicians tell.

I once heard someone describe it as politicians falling within a standard deviation of honesty. Politicians use hyperbole and misspeak some, and occasionally blatantly lie. That's common.

Most politicians fall within some standard deviation from the norm.
caryking
Civilized said:

Cthepack said:

cowboypack02 said:

I once heard someone describe it as politicians falling within a standard deviation of honesty. Politicians use hyperbole and misspeak some, and occasionally blatantly lie. That's common.

Most politicians fall within some standard deviation from the norm.

What difference does it make? HRC
packgrad
200 million people will die by the time I finish this talk...

Locopop.

DrummerboyWolf
packgrad said:

200 million people will die by the time I finish this talk...

Locopop.

He only missed it by 3 zeros. What's the big deal?
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.