2022 ACC Baseball Tournament 5/29 vs unc-ch noon espn2

62,203 Views | 741 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Wolfer79
ncsufan13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I was at the game tonight and it was one hell of an environment. So many State fans and a really fun game to watch! Let's go kick some tarheel ass tomorrow!
SportManagementEngineer
justinxxll said:

I was at the game tonight and it was one hell of an environment. So many State fans and a really fun game to watch! Let's go kick some tarheel ass tomorrow!
Hopefully the State fans there tonight all got tickets for tomorrow. Should be a huge crowd out there tomorrow.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
pack2010
StateFan77 said:

I imagine you will see the same plan as the Miami game. Whitaker/Willadsen

very very unlikely Willadsen is available. 89 pitches on wednesday is just too much for a kid with a bright future. whitaker threw 45, so IMO he's our starter and hope to get 3-4 out of him. then hope kelly/baker/adams/villaman can finish it.

silver, lawson and willadsen are the 3 that aren't able to go tomorrow, IMO. everyone else should be okay
PackCPA
SportManagementEngineer said:

justinxxll said:

Hopefully the State fans there tonight all got tickets for tomorrow. Should be a huge crowd out there tomorrow.

Based on the crowd tonight, I'm hoping for a HUGE State showing tomorrow.
Packamylase
pack2010 said:

StateFan77 said:

very very unlikely Willadsen is available. 89 pitches on wednesday is just too much for a kid with a bright future. whitaker threw 45, so IMO he's our starter and hope to get 3-4 out of him. then hope kelly/baker/adams/villaman can finish it.

silver, lawson and willadsen are the 3 that aren't able to go tomorrow, IMO. everyone else should be okay

How is UNC's pitching situation looking?
SniderFC
Packamylase said:

pack2010 said:

StateFan77 said:

Sounds like there going with Carlson (ace?) after that it's going to be a staff day much like State I'd expect.
DrummerboyWolf
Wasn't able to post until now. Great win by the guys, I missed the first three homers as we were out for my wife's birthday today, but saw most of the game until the hockey game started then went back and watched in the first intermission.

Great pitching today especially from Silver. Had that guy not had the 10 pitch at bat and the 37 pitches he threw he could have gone further into the game. The Josh Hood bonehead play cost him about 15 pitches. I hope Mr. Hood got a stern talking to about his screw up. Take the out!

Need the bats and I was kind of hoping to save Lawson for some work tomorrow, but that is probably out the door. I am sure Willadsen can go a couple of innings, but they might save him for the regional. I imagine Whitaker will start and then we will see where we go.

Congrats to Tommy White for setting the all time NCAA homer record for a freshman. He has had a tremendous year and it's not over!

Let's Beat the Cheats tomorrow. If it was in Durham I would go. Just too much going on to make the trip to Charlotte.

GO PACK!
pack2010
Packamylase said:

pack2010 said:

StateFan77 said:

honestly not sure. they're probably in a little bit of a better spot than us b/c they go a CG last night.

after a little research- Schaeffer and Carlson are their top 2 guys. Schaeffer went a CG last night so he's out. Carlson threw 95 pitches Tuesday so personally I wouldn't pitch him, but they might try to squeeze a little bit out of him. out of their pen Sandy and Gillian are 2 good arms and they both threw 45-50 pitches today and their closer threw 27 today.
DrummerboyWolf
pack2010 said:

StateFan77 said:

I think Willadsen can go a couple of innings tomorrow if he feels up to it. You have to remember that a lot of his pitches are change ups and off speed so it's not the normal wear and tear of throwing it up there 90+ every pitch.
BigLefty24
Willadsen is available tomorrow if Avent needs to use him. He's had three full days rest, which is just one day short of a full rest period for an MLB pitcher. A 40-60 pitch outing in relief is totally doable. Basically a typical scheduled bullpen session between starts for Willadsen tomorrow if needed.
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*
*Please respect my decision*
*Recruitment still open 110%*

Whitetailpack
In the words of James Henderson...... It's time.

It's time boys. Go win the dang thing.
FlockaWolf
Another great time at the game! The lady with the "you just got tanked" sign was also awesome.
cmast
FlockaWolf said:

Another great time at the game! The lady with the "you just got tanked" sign was also awesome.

Thats hilarious!
PoleD
Got my tickets - any tips on parking?
metcalfmafia
It's time.
packchief&teach
Lots of pay lots right around the stadium. We parked in a nice lot on 4th St./Mint across from Greens Lunch today.

Plan to arrive early. Getting into the stadium is a sh.. show. We were in line 30 minutes before first pitch and still missed first inning. Last year on Sunday was the same and not near the crowd that will be there tomorrow. Safe travels. Go Pack!!
ZAXPACK15
So I was born in 1992, the year we last won the ACC championship in baseball, and my wife just gave birth to our first child yesterday so let's see if the family birth mojo hold true!
3rd generation CALS grad
PossumJenkins
Duke Energy Parking deck beside Renaissance was $5 wed night. Getting in the gates tmr will not be as bad. There's no game before that will require them to clear the stadium.
livewolf
We live in the south Charlotte area. I casually mentioned going to the game with my wife and two daughters (who had plans on going to the pool with their friends). Lo and behold they are in and we will be there. They have never been to a college baseball game and this will be a treat. Can't wait to get after it tomorrow with WPN!
PackCPA
ZAXPACK15 said:

So I was born in 1992, the year we last won the ACC championship in baseball, and my wife just gave birth to our first child yesterday so let's see if the family birth mojo hold true!

Congrats brother! Also a 92 kid. Let's do the damn thing. Urging all the State fans that can make to do so for those not fortunate enough to currently be living in our great state.
desiwolf
Holes could not touch Willadsen in Raleigh. Hopefully, he can go a few innings tomorrow.
Wolfer79
NC State baseball (36-20) used three home runs in the first inning to jump out to a 5-0 lead and not look back as it defeated Pittsburgh (29-27) on Saturday night in the ACC Championship semifinal at Truist Field.

With the victory, the Wolfpack will play in its second-straight title game Sunday as it will look for its first tournament crown since 1992.

In the win, Tommy White hit his 27th home run of the season to break the NCAA freshman record. It was a record that stood for 32 years, as it was last held by Georgia Southern's Todd Greene in 1990.

NC State plated five runs in the first inning, highlighted by home runs courtesy of Devonte Brown, White and Dominic Pilolli to mark the 19th time the team has hit three or more home runs in a single game.

Brown led off the inning with his 15th of the season to right center, marking the sixth time he has done so to lead off the Pack's scoring efforts. White doubled the lead with a solo shot to right center and then an RBI groundout by J.T. Jarrett with runners in scoring position made it 3-0. In the next at-bat, Pilolli hit a towering two-run homer to right field, his ninth of the year, to extend the lead to 5-0.

The Panthers got on the board in the fourth inning with a two-run single to center field by Brock Franks after a pair of walks and Wolfpack miscue loaded the bases, but the Pack responded with three runs on two hits in the bottom frame thanks to LuJames Groover III's sac fly to center field and Noah Soles' 2-RBI single to left center with the bases loaded to take an 8-2 lead.

Canaan Silver had an outstanding performance on the mound, not allowing an earned run to score in 5.2 innings while tallying seven strikeouts to secure his eighth win of the season.

Pitt's Ron Washington, Jr. rounded out the scoring for the game when belted a solo shot to left field in the seventh to cut into his team's deficit. The Panthers threatened in the ninth by drawing back-to-back walks to start the inning, but Chris Villaman came in and struck out the side to shut the door.

Brown led the team with a 3-for-5 outing and a run batted in, while Soles and Pilolli both went 2-for-4 on the night with two RBIs apiece.

NC State will meet eighth-seeded North Carolina Sunday in the ACC Championship final, with first pitch set for 12 p.m. at Truist Field. The game will be broadcast on ESPN2 and there will be a radio broadcast on WKNC 88.1 and the Varsity Network App.

https://gopack.com/news/2022/5/28/baseball-white-breaks-ncaa-freshman-home-run-record-as-pack9-defeats-pitt-in-acc-championship-semifinal.aspx
Wolfpack
Wake up, it's game day!
Wolfer79
Atlantic Coast Conference Baseball Championship
Championship, Truist Field, Charlotte, NC
North Carolina State vs. North Carolina ESPN2, noon
patsports7
Last years Sunday game against Duke was as bad as it gets entering the stadium. 30+ minutes in line. They dont have to clear the stadium to your point but for some reason it was still bad last year. There is also an entrance in center field that may not be as crowded.
MAWolfpack
So how many championship games have we lost in a row since 1992? Anyone got the total number? How about by year and opponent?
DealWolf
GO PACK!
wilmwolf
MAWolfpack said:

So how many championship games have we lost in a row since 1992? Anyone got the total number? How about by year and opponent?

Man, get the **** out of here with that.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
CLTWolf
MAWolfpack said:

Who gives a sht.
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
Wolfpacklife
The words lose/lost/losses should not be spoken about today. Who gives a crap about the past. This team is about to re-write our history today and finally get EA a championship.

Let's change the narrative and give this team all the good vibes. It's time
Glasswolf
CLTWolf said:

MAWolfpack said:

Who gives a sht.
Someone is always looking for the negative. Let's be excited for the day. You can't win it if ya ain't in it!
CLTWolf
Glasswolf said:

CLTWolf said:

MAWolfpack said:

Who gives a sht.
Someone is always looking for the negative. Let's be excited for the day. You can't win it if ya ain't in it!

1. He can google that sht himself.
2. Damn straight!
3. Go Pack!
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
Bell Tower Grey
plus, he's a hole troll from the past.
Wolfer79
MAWolfpack said:

Gopack.com has season by season stats for each sport

We wait for your research
Steve Williams
Staff
Time to go to Charlotte and beat that pansy ass.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.