2022 ACC Baseball Tournament 5/29 vs unc-ch noon espn2

62,235 Views | 741 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Wolfer79
Wolfpacklife
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Proud of our team. Disappointed we couldn't get the championship but they can still make noise in the ncaas!
Mountainman97
Easy money.
Wolfpack8602
Take away the 2nd inning and it's a totally different game. Hopefully next year we get an ACC title in one of the three.
pack2010
tough day. whitaker looks worn down the last few starts, which makes sense since it's his 1st full season in a few years.

this team can still make some noise in a regional due to its hitting, but we are giving up way too many free bases recently. that 2nd inning started with their 7-8-9 guys up. a ROUTINE ground ball to green and a hit guy 2 batters later and its bases loaded no outs. field a ground ball, throw some strikes, and it's a different ball game.
Bagman
Wolfpacklife said:

Bagman said:

How can you still have a job when you're 0-8 in championship games? Bulk of those losses are to your rival. Avent is synonymous with loser.

Not really. 900 plus wins at State begs to differ

Again, a golden retriever could win a conf champ at state in 30 years
FlockaWolf
Guaranteed we play Wake in the title game next year
PKAwolfpacker
I think the tourney championship losses point to one problem/solution.

We never seem to have enough quality pitching depth. State under Avent seems to always have good bats but just enough arms to get by and not enough to finish the deal (last year being the possible exception).

We just need to bring in more arms IMO.
PossumJenkins
Bagman said:

Wolfpacklife said:

Bagman said:

How can you still have a job when you're 0-8 in championship games? Bulk of those losses are to your rival. Avent is synonymous with loser.

Not really. 900 plus wins at State begs to differ

Again, a golden retriever could win a conf champ at state in 30 years

There's something synonymous with loser in this post but it ain't Avent. I would however love to know where to get one of these magical golden retrievers
PaperWolf
Not actually game related, but just more acc bias towards unc...took time before 9th inning to recognize the cheaters wlax championship but couldn't be bothered to shout out our Women's Doubles Natty in Tennis YESTERDAY. As if anyone in NC gives two ****s about lacrosse regardless of gender.
"There are 106 miles to Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses...Hit it!"
PossumJenkins
PKAwolfpacker said:

We never seem to have enough quality pitching depth. State under Avent seems to always have good bats but just enough arms to get by and not enough to finish the deal (last year being the possible exception).

How different would this year look with Highfill not being out for the year? Silver becomes your long relief guy rather than having to take the ball on Sundays. Hasn't helped that Nelson, Payne and Adam's have all showed promise at times but lately have all three gotten roughed up pretty good in each of their last few outings.
metcalfmafia
Turns out losing your Ace hurts when you need all the pitchers you can get.
CLTWolf
PKAwolfpacker said:

Easier said than done. Every team in college has this issue for the most part. The elite arms get drafted/sign out of HS. Now, with MLB teams trending older in the draft this might change.

The 2013 team was deeeeep but that's because we hit on a couple JUCO arms that Holliday brought in and had some good upperclassmen as well.
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
Wolfer79
PaperWolf said:

Not actually game related, but just more acc bias towards unc...took time before 9th inning to recognize the cheaters wlax championship but couldn't be bothered to shout out our Women's Doubles Natty in Tennis YESTERDAY. As if anyone in NC gives two ****s about lacrosse regardless of gender.

I saw Daniel/Miller recognized on postgame show Saturday night on ACC Network for women's tennis doubles championship
Jwmann85
Huge difference. Probably the biggest difference in the tourney and regular season. Healthy Highfill and you can piggyback Silver and Villy today

I'm 100% an Avent backer and will be til he's gone, but can't help but wonder why Whitaker today. Payne has had an up and down year, but you trusted him in Omaha. Whit got roughed up on Wednesday, I wouldn't have bet the house on him today.

Oh well, go do damage in the regional
PaperWolf
I'm talking in stadium, mid game.

Wolfer79 said:

PaperWolf said:

I saw Daniel/Miller recognized on postgame show Saturday night on ACC Network for women's tennis doubles championship
"There are 106 miles to Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses...Hit it!"
FlockaWolf
Also Avent had the comment about Whitaker being too excited on Wednesday so he's somehow gonna be calm for a title game against your rival?
CLTWolf
Jwmann85 said:

Huge difference. Probably the biggest difference in the tourney and regular season. Healthy Highfill and you can piggyback Silver and Villy today

I'm 100% an Avent backer and will be til he's gone, but can't help but wonder why Whitaker today. Payne has had an up and down year, but you trusted him in Omaha. Whit got roughed up on Wednesday, I wouldn't have bet the house on him today.

Oh well, go do damage in the regional

We had no choice but to trust him in Omaha. Haha (still too soon)

Whitaker had been our best pitcher this season. Willadsen had been turning it on as well but both Payne and Adams (Nelson as well) have struggled. You give the ball to your Friday night every time, IMO.

I'm guessing Baker hit the same wall Logan W was hitting coming back from legit injuries.

Another poster mentioned trying (apologies for forgetting who) to get another year for Canaan Silver. Really hope we try. He's been so damn good this season. Turned me into a big fan of his.
Pakbackr
A year later, I'm still more disappointed in the 2021 loss to Duke! Im still numb from that one, so this doesn't hurt at all.
FlockaWolf
I agree. One of the best offensive teams in the nation shutout by Duke in the title game
CLTWolf
FlockaWolf said:

I agree. One of the best offensive teams in the nation shutout by Duke in the title game

Va Tech just got shut out by unc 10-0 and the Hokies were the #2 team in the country and one of the best offensive teams in the nation. It's baseball. Sht happens.
FlockaWolf
Sht happens in all aspects of life. Doesn't make it any easier to swallow the reality.

Would be nice for sht to just happen for us in one of these title games.
toddl
Staff
Would people be less angry if we had failed to make it to the championship game?
CLTWolf
FlockaWolf said:

Sht happens in all aspects of life. Doesn't make it any easier to swallow the reality.

Would be nice for sht to just happen for us in one of these title games.

Sure doesn't and sure would.

BigLefty24
toddl said:

Would people be less angry if we had failed to make it to the championship game?

State returned, what, two starters, and lost their best pitcher for the year early on.. In the toughest league in the nation (11 of the 12 ACC tournament teams were ranked inside the top 34 nationally in RPI) Avent somehow manages to get a team that had been scuffling for 2+ weeks into the ACC Championship game, and we got dumbasses talking about golden retrievers winning ACC tourneys.

A yearly tradition unlike any other.
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*
*Please respect my decision*
*Recruitment still open 110%*

kmb717
BigLefty24 said:

toddl said:

State returned, what, two starters, and lost their best pitcher for the year early on.. In the toughest league in the nation (11 of the 12 ACC tournament teams were ranked inside the top 34 nationally in RPI) Avent somehow manages to get a team that had been scuffling for 2+ weeks into the ACC Championship game, and we got dumbasses talking about golden retrievers winning ACC tourneys.

Saw people on Twitter saying Avent has accomplished nothing in 20 years. Where do these clowns come from?
BigLefty24
kmb717 said:

BigLefty24 said:

toddl said:

Saw people on Twitter saying Avent has accomplished nothing in 20 years. Where do these clowns come from?

@BigLefty24

*100% committed*
*Please respect my decision*
*Recruitment still open 110%*

CLTWolf
BigLefty24 said:

toddl said:

Preach it.

Another year, another amazing job by pitching coach Clint Chrysler.
Chris Hart is continuing to recruit at an extremely high level.
New hire Bo Robinson going to pay dividends with our hitters as well.

Wolfpacklife
I finally realized not long ago that some people just like to complain and be miserable. They will throw all logic and facts to the wind.

Has to be a sad dang way of living
ChemE94
If this was a reloading year, can't wait to see what we do next year!
Ellesdad
Super proud of EA and this team.

After all we lost from last year, I never imagined we'd be in a position to almost win an ACC title.
matracey
Wolfpacklife said:

I finally realized not long ago that some people just like to complain and be miserable. They will throw all logic and facts to the wind.

Has to be a sad dang way of living

Same. It's also been proven positive thinking leads to positive outcomes. I also realized it's the easy way out of being a fan. Because then if you're wrong that means the team you're rooting for is winning and you're happy and if you're right you can say "Look I was right! I called it we suck!"
metcalfmafia
Ellesdad said:

Super proud of EA and this team.

After all we lost from last year, I never imagined we'd be in a position to almost win an ACC title.

This year has been one of EAs best coaching jobs in retrospect. So much left to play for too.
ChemE94
metcalfmafia
ChemE94 said:

It was definitely a reloading year.
sf59
<copy> we will get them next year <paste>

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.