2022 ACC Baseball Tournament 5/29 vs unc-ch noon espn2

62,251 Views | 741 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Wolfer79
Pack31
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Lol. You just have to laugh. Pathetic.
M_A
Well thats it

Pitching and defense aint there. Understandable after losing most of the team last season.
"It's ACC Championship or bust, quite honestly"
WarrenPeace
Who didn't see this coming? Man. It's hard being a state fan.
Pack31
I say we save our arms for the regional. Too late?
Wolfpack
Two walks for Osuna after being 0-2 both times I think
hokiewolf
For whatever reason, State comes out extremely tight in these championship games. It's unreal
metcalfmafia
I mean that was just a nasty home run. Good fastball diving at the hands and he cranked it. What can you do?
MAWolfpack
wilmwolf80 said:

MAWolfpack said:

So how many championship games have we lost in a row since 1992? Anyone got the total number? How about by year and opponent?

Man, get the **** out of here with that.

You 100% took this the wrong way. I was not being negative…simply was asking because I felt good about today. Guess I worded it poorly and I thought someone would quickly have the number vs searching around for the info. Tough crowd….
Bagman
0-8 in championship games. That's unique.
Wolfpack8602
Was this the best available pitcher we had to start the championship game? Not knocking the kid but they have their ace on the mound. Just doesn't make sense.
MAWolfpack
Pack00 said:

Since 1992.....State has been the runner-up in the ACC Baseball Tournament seven times:

Thank you.
Andrew4343
Mid 80s and trying to nibble on corners doesn't work in big games unless your Greg Maddox.
Bell Tower Grey
Welp. Time to switch over to the Indy 500 and start getting the grill ready for later today before the 600 comes on.

Maybe we make a decent showing in the tournament.
hokiewolf
James Henderson: "It's Time"

Avent: "Hold my beer"
livewolf
Holes have #35 warming up. Long game folks, just need to remove our heads from our asses.
Andrew4343
Just gotta find a way to hold them here, then have villaman go for 40-50 pitches and battle.
PossumJenkins
Love the folks who haven't shown up on a thread all year til the champ game. You guys are clowns. We are throwing the best arms we have on short rest. If Avent threw the other guys, you'd wonder why he didn't throw our best guys on short days? The Holes are also basically the hottest team in the country right now. No one is out there trying to lose.
metcalfmafia
It's over. Finally over.
BigLefty24
Damn, folks jumping off the ship in the second inning.
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*
*Please respect my decision*
*Recruitment still open 110%*

MovingPacker
I guess good vibes talk is over.
Deej
I just don't understand the Whitaker start. I was saying that before the first pitch. Makes no sense, and led to the **** show we are seeing now. Bad coaching decision imo.
Andrew4343
Big DP. Hit the ball now!
Wolfpack8602
PossumJenkins said:

Love the folks who haven't shown up on a thread all year til the champ game. You guys are clowns. We are throwing the best arms we have on short rest. If Avent threw the other guys, you'd wonder why he didn't throw our best guys on short days? The Holes are also basically the hottest team in the country right now. No one is out there trying to lose.

Blow it out your ass. We are all fans here just because we don't live our lives on these message boards doesn't mean *****
M_A
We just dont have the arms and the guys in the field dont do them any favors

The best move Avent couldve made mightve been to hold off Villaman yesterday and start him today but then we might not even be playing today
"It's ACC Championship or bust, quite honestly"
Andrew4343
Some ship jumping but most known it's a long game.
That was a really really rough start with some questionable decision making. Obviously Avent knows the status of arms more then we do.
Let's just put up 5-6 runs here and figure out the rest
Pack31
PossumJenkins said:

I love Avent, but we DIDNT thrown our best arm 1st. If you're gonna throw Walledson, then start him. We've dug a significant hole here. Need to get some runners on here and put some pressure on them
WarrenPeace
hokiewolf said:

James Henderson: "It's Time"

Avent: "Hold my beer"

Haha
PossumJenkins
Wolfpack8602 said:

PossumJenkins said:

Blow it out your ass. We are all fans here just because we don't live our lives on these message boards doesn't mean *****

Hahahahaha…long way from living on a message board…but hope that made you feel better
TraCha4
Wow…. Just got home from church and turned the game on. What the hell?

PossumJenkins
Pack31 said:

PossumJenkins said:

I love Avent, but we DIDNT thrown our best arm 1st. If you're gonna throw Walledson, then start him. We've dug a significant hole here. Need to get some runners on here and put some pressure on them

Didn't Honeycutt just hit a 3 run bomb off Willadsen's first pitch?
metcalfmafia
They're the hottest team in baseball. They're gonna mash whoever we put out there. We gotta start mashing back.
Andrew4343
Not swinging at ball 4 would help. Get runners on base, hit bombs
Mahaya
Team is too young with too little pitching
Andrew4343
11 pitch at bat before Tommy is a really really good at bat.
Wolfpacklife
Mahaya said:

Team is too young with too little pitching

Yeah this was my worry all year. Really good players and I feel good about how they will continue to grow. But all year our pitching has been up and down

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.