2022 ACC Baseball Tournament 5/29 vs unc-ch noon espn2

60,729 Views | 741 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Wolfer79
SeaWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If my calculations are correct, the Pack will be in a pod with Louisville and Wake Forest. Please correct me if I got this wrong.
CLTWolf
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
SeaWolf
Looks like I forgot the division winners are seeded 1&2 no matter their winning percentage.
metcalfmafia
Lets win a couple and ruin someone's regional.
Bigwuf
Yikes - terrible draw for us!
Wolfer79
No. 3 Miami (39-16, 20-10) is joined in Pool C by No. 6 Wake Forest (39-16-1, 15-14-1) and No. 10 NC State (33-20, 14-15)

Game times Tuesday through Friday are set for 11 a.m., 3 p.m. and 7 p.m. Saturday's semifinals are scheduled for 1 p.m. and 5 p.m., while Sunday's championship will begin at noon.

The complete schedule for the 2022 ACC Baseball Championship will be released late Sunday morning (May 22).
wilmwolf
I don't mind the draw. We've seen the very best of Wake already, and the team should be very motivated. To advance you're gonna have to beat a good team, may as well be Miami, we owe them some get back from several years back in the tourney. If our starters give us what they did this past weekend, and we hit anywhere near what we are capable of, we can advance.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
Wolfer79

2022 ACC BASEBALL CHAMPIONSHIP SCHEDULE
May 24-29 at Truist Field, Charlotte, N.C.
POOL A #1 Virginia Tech, #8 North Carolina, #12 Clemson
POOL B #2 Louisville, #7 Georgia Tech, #11 Pitt
POOL C #3 Miami, #6 Wake Forest, #10 NC State
POOL D #4 Notre Dame, #5 Virginia, #9 Florida State

Tuesday, May 24
No. 11 Pitt vs. No. 7 Georgia Tech, 11 a.m. (RSN/ACCN Extra)
No. 10 NC State No. 6 Wake Forest, 3 p.m. (RSN/ACCN Extra)
No. 12 Clemson vs. No. 8 North Carolina, 7 p.m. (RSN/ACCN Extra)

Wednesday, May 25
No. 2 Louisville vs. No. 11 Pitt, 11 a.m. (RSN/ACCN Extra)
No. 9 Florida State vs. No. 5 Virginia, 3 p.m. (RSN/ACCN Extra)
No. 3 Miami vs. No. 10 NC State, 7 p.m. (RSN/ACCN Extra)

Thursday, May 26
No. 7 Georgia Tech vs. No. 2 Louisville, 11 a.m. (RSN/ACCN Extra)
No. 4 Notre Dame vs. No. 9 Florida State, 3 p.m. (RSN/ACCN Extra)
No. 1 Virginia Tech vs. No. 12 Clemson, 7 p.m. (RSN/ACCN Extra)

Friday, May 27
No. 5 Virginia vs. No. 4 Notre Dame, 11 a.m. (RSN/ACCN Extra)
No. 6 Wake Forest vs. No. 3 Miami, 3 p.m. (RSN/ACCN Extra)
No. 8 North Carolina vs. No. 1 Virginia Tech, 7 p.m. (RSN/ACCN Extra)
PossumJenkins
Am i missing something? I just see 11am and 7pm session tickets on sale?

https://www.ticketreturn.com/TRMobile/#/tickets/team?SponsorID=15594
Ellesdad
I like the draw. We should be motivated to play Wake. Then we get to play the next day with two days off after (assuming we win and don't get sent home).
EthanBarry
Staff
PossumJenkins said:

Am i missing something? I just see 11am and 7pm session tickets on sale?

https://www.ticketreturn.com/TRMobile/#/tickets/team?SponsorID=15594
In years past the 11 AM session included the 3 pm, two sessions for the day
PossumJenkins
Copy, You're right. Once you click all the way through it says 11:00am and 3:00pm on the 11:00am session
Wolfer79
because I was curious

Pool A
Virginia Tech 2-1 vs unc-ch, did not play (DNP) Clemson
unc-ch 1-2 vs Virginia Tech, DNP Clemson
Clemson DNP Virginia Tech or unc-ch

Pool B
Louisville DNP Georgia Tech, 1-2 vs Pittsburgh
Georgia Tech DNP Louisville, 3-0 vs Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh 2-1 vs Louisville, 0-3 vs Georgia Tech

Pool C
Miami DNP Wake Forest or NC State
Wake Forest DNP Miami, 3-0 vs NC State
NC State DNP Miami, 0-3 vs Wake Forest

Pool D
Notre Dame DNP Virginia, 3-0 vs Florida State
Virginia DNP Notre Dame or Florida State
Florida State 0-3 vs Notre Dame, DNP Virginia
Wolfer79
Wake Forest will start Seth Keener in its ACC tournament opener tomorrow against N.C. State.

Starting newly minted ACC pitcher of the year Rhett Lowder was an option on short rest, but Deacons aren't taking that risk.

Keener pitched Saturday vs NC State
2.0 innings pitched
7 batters faced
33 pitches
no hits
no runs
1 hit batter
no walks
3 (edit) strike outs

Wolfer79
NC State baseball (33-20, 14-15 ACC) begins postseason play Tuesday afternoon at the 2022 Atlantic Coast Conference Baseball Championship, held at Truist Field, home of the Chicago White Sox AAA affiliate, Charlotte Knights, in Charlotte, N.C.

The Wolfpack, who is the No. 10 seed, will face third-seeded Miami (39-16, 20-10 ACC) and sixth-seeded Wake Forest (39-16-1, 15-14-1 ACC) in 'Pool C' for the pool-play portion of the championship.

NC State will matchup with the Demon Deacons Tuesday, May 24 at 3 p.m. and is slated to face the Hurricanes Wednesday, May 25 at 7 p.m. in 'Pool C'. Wake Forest and Miami will square off Friday, May 27 at 3 p.m., and the team with the best record will advance to the weekend.

HOW TO FOLLOW ALONG
Regional Sports Networks from across the conference footprint and across the nation will carry all 12 games on Tuesday through Friday. Saturday's semifinals will be carried live on ACC Network, while Sunday's noon championship game will be nationally televised by ESPN2. All games will also be available via ACC Network Extra.

Live stats will be available on StatBroadcast.com and there will be a radio broadcast on WKNC 88.1 and the Varsity Network App, with Andrew Sanders on the call all week long.

STARTING PITCHERS
Tuesday TBA (NCSU) vs. TBA (WF)
Wednesday TBA (NCSU) vs. TBA (UM)

SERIES HISTORY VS. WAKE FOREST
Tuesday will be the fourth consecutive game that the Wolfpack will face the Demon Deacons, as the teams met just last week on May 19-21 in Raleigh for a three-game series to close out the regular season. The Demon Deacons earned 8-2, 6-2 and 5-0 wins to sweep the Wolfpack.

Additionally, it will be the 193rd meeting between the programs as the Pack leads the all-time series, 125-66-1.

The last time the teams met in the ACC Championship was on May 23, 2019, at the Durham Bulls Athletic Park in Durham, N.C., and the Pack earned a 6-5 comeback thriller to advance to the semifinals of the tournament.

In the ACC Championship NC State and Wake Forest have met 13 times, and it has been a tightly contested matchup as the Pack leads, 7-6.

SERIES HISTORY VS. MIAMI
Wednesday will be the 58th meeting between NC State and Miami as the Hurricanes lead the all-time series, 37-20. Additionally, it will be the seventh time the teams have faced each other in the ACC Championship as the Pack owns a 5-1 mark in postseason matchup history.

The last time the teams met was on March 5-7, 2021, in Raleigh at Doak Field at Dail Park, and despite NC State opening the series with an 11-5 win the Hurricanes managed to pick up a pair of 6-4 wins in the final two games to take the series.

The last time they met in the ACC Championship was on May 26, 2016, at the DBAP in Durham, and Miami made a late three-run surge in the final inning to come away with an 8-7 win.

https://gopack.com/news/2022/5/23/baseball-pack9-opens-acc-championship-play-tuesday.aspx
Whitetailpack
Lets go on a run Pack!
jaxpack
How long until the ACC can quit the RSN crap?
FlockaWolf
Who we thinking starts?
Wolfer79
jaxpack said:

How long until the ACC can quit the RSN crap?

probably when current contract with espn expires in 2035
Swofford took care of his kid
Wolfer79
SportManagementEngineer
Would be cool if we could watch the games here in Florida, but like every event on RSN, no dice.

Marlins are playing the Rays this week so naturally they have pregame stuff on both RSN channels all afternoon.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
CLTWolf
SportManagementEngineer said:

Would be cool if we could watch the games here in Florida, but like every event on RSN, no dice.

Marlins are playing the Rays this week so naturally they have pregame stuff on both RSN channels all afternoon.
Get you a VPN and you should be able to watch it on ESPNwhatever it's called as the app will think you live in "insert non-blackout location here". I usually go with Seattle b/c why not.
SportManagementEngineer
CLTWolf said:

Get you a VPN and you should be able to watch it on ESPNwhatever it's called as the app will think you live in "insert non-blackout location here". I usually go with Seattle b/c why not.
Sure its doable but it's dumb as hell that the league has its own network and we're dealing with this crap. I feel for Miami fans, because they don't even get to see their own team down here because the Heat/Magic and Rays/Marlins broadcasts block them out constantly.
CLTWolf

CLTWolf said:

Sure its doable but it's dumb as hell that the league has its own network and we're dealing with this crap. I feel for Miami fans, because they don't even get to see their own team down here because the Heat/Magic and Rays/Marlins broadcasts block them out constantly.
Oh, sorry. I thought you were looking for a way to watch the game.

My bad.
SportManagementEngineer
CLTWolf said:

CLTWolf said:

My bad.
Haha I think the work-around has been beaten to death on this website over the years. Its more the annoyance of the Raycom/ACC deal
wilmwolf
You should be able to watch the games on the Bally app without a VPN.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
castlewood107
GT and Pitt are both starting their arms from last Thursday night. Assume we do the same with Whitaker, what with season on the line and he threw well vs. WFU.

Wake has already announced it will be a bullpen day for them.

We need to win this one. No excuses.
CLTWolf

CLTWolf said:

CLTWolf said:

My bad.
Haha I think the work-around has been beaten to death on this website over the years. Its more the annoyance of the Raycom/ACC deal
I misunderstood your desire to complain. I do that sht to my wife all the time. She just wants to complain, not problem solve. haha
SportManagementEngineer
CLTWolf said:

CLTWolf said:

CLTWolf said:

My bad.
I misunderstood your desire to complain. I do that sht to my wife all the time. She just wants to complain, not problem solve. haha
Ha. Same.
metcalfmafia
I'm stuck on vacation with crappy weather and even crappier internet. Guess I won't be able to watch the game.
Wolfpacklife
Hoping we set things straight in game one. Get some momentum!
843wolfpacker
Wolfer79
game 1
final
Pittsburgh 12
Georgia Tech 6
Wolfer79
UPDATE: The Georgia Tech/Pitt game ran a little late, so our game will start at 3:15 PM.

SportManagementEngineer
Wolfer79 said:

UPDATE: The Georgia Tech/Pitt game ran a little late, so our game will start at 3:15 PM.

Only 15 minutes delayed is about as good as you get in this tournament.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.