2022 ACC Baseball Tournament 5/29 vs unc-ch noon espn2

62,252 Views | 741 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Wolfer79
cmball3
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm excited to take my 2.5 year old to his first baseball game and first Pack game in general Saturday. Let's go boys!

ETA: anyone know how early we can arrive for the 5pm ticket?
CLTWolf
cmball3 said:

I'm excited to take my 2.5 year old to his first baseball game and first Pack game in general Saturday. Let's go boys!

ETA: anyone know how early we can arrive for the 5pm ticket?
I'm taking the whole fam out there so wish me luck. Hopefully your 2.5 yr old has a blast.

I'd guess the earliest is right after the first game ends and they clear the stadium.
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
cmball3
Good luck with that. I'm guessing that nachos or pretzels plus dipping dots will get him through and at least one beer for me. Makes sense, I don't want to get there too early but there is always something that will stall arrival to our seats.

*Just looked at the physical ticket and it says gates open at 4pm...looking at things is difficult i guess.
metcalfmafia
I know we're gonna be short on arms. Any idea on Pitt for those who watched their games?
Bigwuf
I retract my post - turns out it was not a bad draw at all!
PossumJenkins
Having gone to a good number of these games...I would highly doubt they actually get the gates open at 4...just for those with kids trying to manage as best as possible.
Packsd14me
cmball3 said:

Good luck with that. I'm guessing that nachos or pretzels plus dipping dots will get him through and at least one beer for me. Makes sense, I don't want to get there too early but there is always something that will stall arrival to our seats.

*Just looked at the physical ticket and it says gates open at 4pm...looking at things is difficult i guess.
There will be a 1 pm game prior to ours. So that 4 pm gate time is tentative.
cmball3
Seems like 4:45 will be my sweet spot. Thanks everyone for the info.
PackCPA
78wilsonpack said:

So, I'm out of the country. Pls a little help. What's the first game of the weekend and second and potential s? Like I'm 6 hours ahead of u and would like to follow along as the best I could.
Semifinal - Pool A (VT or UNC-CH) v. Pool D (ND or FSU) - Saturday at 1p ET

Semifinal - State v. Pitt - Saturday at 5p ET

Final - Semifinal winners - Sunday at 12p ET

Final will be on ESPN2. Semifinals are on ACC/ACCN Extra. Best bet would be ESPN+ if you have it. Even if you do have it, it may not work unless you have a VPN. From your time difference, I assume you're in Europe and streaming US programs isn't as straightforward as it is here. If you really wanted to watch, I would recommend ExpressVPN -- just do the free trial and cancel after the weekend. Was the only way I was able to stream US sports while living in Germany.
Packsd14me
Anybody know the plans if it rains? Do they cancel the games that don't matter? Will things back up a day?

Friday doesn't look good.
78wilsonpack
PackCPA said:

78wilsonpack said:

So, I'm out of the country. Pls a little help. What's the first game of the weekend and second and potential s? Like I'm 6 hours ahead of u and would like to follow along as the best I could.
Semifinal - Pool A (VT or UNC-CH) v. Pool D (ND or FSU) - Saturday at 1p ET

Semifinal - State v. Pitt - Saturday at 5p ET

Final - Semifinal winners - Sunday at 12p ET

Final will be on ESPN2. Semifinals are on RSN/ACCN Extra. Best bet would be ESPN+ if you have it. Even if you do have it, it may not work unless you have a VPN. From your time difference, I assume you're in Europe and streaming US programs isn't as straightforward as it is here. If you really wanted to watch, I would recommend ExpressVPN -- just do the free trial and cancel after the weekend. Was the only way I was able to stream US sports while living in Germany.

Thanks and yes, I'm in Germany until June 10.
Thanks for the help and I maybe asking for score updates thru the weekend.
So Saturday will b 11pm for me
Nate97
PackCPA said:

Final will be on ESPN2. Semifinals are on RSN/ACCN Extra.

Thankfully, the above is incorrect for Saturday.

Regional Sports Networks from across the conference footprint and across the nation will carry all 12 games on Tuesday through Friday. Saturday's semifinals will be carried live on ACC Network, while Sunday's noon championship game will be nationally televised by ESPN2. All games will also be available via ACC Network Extra.

https://theacc.com/news/2022/5/22/schedule-set-for-2022-acc-baseball-championship.aspx

ShaggyWolf
Where is the best site to buy tickets? I went through milb last night but it looks like those are not available for Saturday night game.
PossumJenkins
https://www.milb.com/charlotte-knights/events/accchampionship
PackCPA
Nate97 said:

PackCPA said:

Final will be on ESPN2. Semifinals are on RSN/ACCN Extra.

Thankfully, the above is incorrect for Saturday.

Regional Sports Networks from across the conference footprint and across the nation will carry all 12 games on Tuesday through Friday. Saturday's semifinals will be carried live on ACC Network, while Sunday's noon championship game will be nationally televised by ESPN2. All games will also be available via ACC Network Extra.

https://theacc.com/news/2022/5/22/schedule-set-for-2022-acc-baseball-championship.aspx

Ah **** - you're right. I was looking at the 'Friday, May 27' line above on the schedule. Good call.
Wolfer79
Packsd14me said:

Anybody know the plans if it rains? Do they cancel the games that don't matter? Will things back up a day?

since NCAAT hosts sites announced Sunday night and field announced noon Monday, finals will be Sunday, if at all

since winner of Friday 7pm Virginia Tech vs unc-ch game advanced to semifinals and other Friday games do not matter, I could see 1st 2 Friday games cancelled to get Virginia Tech vs unc-ch game in

I could also see Virginia Tech vs unc-ch starting Friday at 11pm
Packsd14me
Wolfer79 said:

Packsd14me said:

since NCAAT hosts sites announced Sunday night and field announced noon Monday, finals will be Sunday, if at all

since winner of Friday 7pm Virginia Tech vs unc-ch game advanced to semifinals and other Friday games do not matter, I could see 1st 2 Friday games cancelled to get Virginia Tech vs unc-ch game in

I could also see Virginia Tech vs unc-ch starting Friday at 11pm
That's what I thought...But if UNC/Va Tech has to play Saturday morning, could there be 3 games Saturday? Our game start around 7:00? Would they use Monday to finish since both teams in the finals would likely be in the field anyway?

Just wondering? Delaying any would help not only our pitching but Pitt's too.
wilmwolf
In the past they have shuffled games around and played four games in a day. I seem to remember that they won't push it out past Monday overall though, but I may be wrong. While a delay would help us in the short term, the longer it goes on the more it would hurt us in a regional.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
Kgar2121
We were there last night. It was my daughter's 17th birthday and she has become a HUGE Wolfpack Baseball fan, so off we went! Got to see her fav player and grab an autograph, Tommy with the triple-dingers, photos with Greg Olsen (who was also at the game), and a Wolfpack "W"... I got a big hug and a "best birthday ever!" from her last night! Weather was great, and made for a FANTASTIC night! They're heading back on Saturday! GO PACK!!

*** if you don't spend much time in Charlotte, and don't know, Graham St. Pub & Patio is directly across the street from the stadium, but if you have anyone under 21 in your group, you will be asked to leave. We didn't, and we were, but Mellow Mushroom was close and was delicious! Of course, if you're ALL over the age, it looked like a great place to pregame
Wolfer79
Notre Dame beats Florida State and advances to semifinal #1 vs winner of Friday's Virginia Tech vs unc-ch game
Whitetailpack
Kgar2121 said:

We were there last night. It was my daughter's 17th birthday and she has become a HUGE Wolfpack Baseball fan, so off we went! Got to see her fav player and grab an autograph, Tommy with the triple-dingers, photos with Greg Olsen (who was also at the game), and a Wolfpack "W"... I got a big hug and a "best birthday ever!" from her last night! Weather was great, and made for a FANTASTIC night! They're heading back on Saturday! GO PACK!!

*** if you don't spend much time in Charlotte, and don't know, Graham St. Pub & Patio is directly across the street from the stadium, but if you have anyone under 21 in your group, you will be asked to leave. We didn't, and we were, but Mellow Mushroom was close and was delicious! Of course, if you're ALL over the age, it looked like a great place to pregame
Mellow Mushroom was our spot last year! Truist Park is a great venue!
SportManagementEngineer
Whitetailpack said:

Kgar2121 said:

Mellow Mushroom was our spot last year! Truist Park is a great venue!

Yep we're blessed with two great Triple A venues in Durham and Charlotte. They're not all that nice.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
Ellesdad
I'll be there! Very excited.
Wolfer79
Tenth-seeded NC State baseball (35-20) is set for its third-straight ACC Championship semifinal appearance Saturday night when it faces 11th-seeded Pittsburgh (29-26) at Truist Field in Charlotte, N.C.

First pitch is slated for 5 p.m., and the game will be broadcast on the ACC Network with Mike Monaco and Gaby Sanchez on the call. Additionally, there will be a radio broadcast on WKNC 88.1 and the Varsity Network App with Andrew Sanders on the call.

STARTING PITCHERS
TBA (NCSU) vs. TBA (PITT)

SERIES HISTORY
Saturday will be just the second time NC State and Pitt have faced each other in the ACC Championship, and the first time was on May 27, 2021, when the Wolfpack earned a 3-2 win to advance to the semifinals.

In the all-time series, NC State owns a 13-1 advantage and has won each of the last 13 meetings dating back to 2015.

Wolfer79
Last year's #ACC Baseball Tournament drew 59,000 and created $9.5m in economic development, with $5.4m in direct spending for #Charlotte

With a big weekend, this year's could outdo that.

https://t.co/PhoQC3XIZX

@wcnc I @KnightsBaseball
castlewood107
What do we all think on the pitching strategy?

Payne has been tattoo'ed the last few times out. The park is playing small, and Pitt has some decent bats. Their presumed starter, though, is letting dudes hit over .300 against him. We just need someone who can limit the big inning, i think.

Whitaker only threw 45 and looked good early. Maybe start him and bring in Silver in the 4/5? Or saving Silver for Sunday? Silver shut down VT in reg season, and that is our presumed final opponent.
Jwmann85
My best guess is Silver as long as he can take it on Saturday, then go to Payne, Adams, or even Harrison. Yes I know Baker Nelson is available, I just get nervous every time he comes in last half of the year. If we get to Sunday it'll be all hands on deck. I wouldn't even rule out Willadsen in a pinch. Yea he threw 80 some pitches on Wednesday, but he consistently throws 100-120 in games
SportManagementEngineer
I think we're looking at bullpen days for both Saturday and Sunday. I think State and Pitt could both start weekday guys but you're probably looking at short leashes for every guy who takes the mound.

If you're Pitt, there's no tomorrow if they lose- I don't think they're even on the bubble so if they want to extend their season, they need two more wins. I'd expect Saturday's game to take several hours.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
desiwolf
Silver/Lawson/Payne/Mirala for Saturday
Witaker/<Wiladsen?>/Villaman for Sunday
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
We'll be in Charlotte tomorrow to cheer on @NCStateBaseball!

Meet us at the corner of S. Graham St. and W Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. at 2:45pm to welcome the team to the stadium!

Right after, we'll have a pregame social at Clutch Kitchen and Pour House.

WilmingtonPackman777
UNC is smoking VT.

Things are lining up for State.
metcalfmafia
UNC vs ND

Pitt vs State

Lets do this.
Bell Tower Grey
metcalfmafia said:

UNC vs ND

Pitt vs State

Lets do this.
State playing the second game? I know it's scheduled for 5 pm.
metcalfmafia
Bell Tower Grey said:

metcalfmafia said:

UNC vs ND

Pitt vs State

Lets do this.
State playing the second game? I know it's scheduled for 5 pm.

Yep. Holes play at 1pm.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.