ENCstyleBBQWolf's Cookin' Thread....

14,875 Views | 333 Replies | Last: 13 min ago by ncsupack1
ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

I really like Smithfield's. I had a BBQ sandwich, on the way to the beach, recently, that was the first time it didn't meet their standards.


That sucks. For the most part they are pretty consistent.
Yeah... No. Not recently anyway... I think they are pretty much "done" with worrying about the quality of their food anymore.


Wow, don't say that…lol
GetOffMyLawnPack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Smoked a 3# chicken this afternoon. Smoked at 215F for two hours, then finished on searing station. Especially the white meat was the most moist I've ever had. Kept the temp just at boiling point of water, so most was preserved. Mopped with 80% olive oil / 20% butter to give the chicken the nice brown color. Put some Dizzy Pig crossroads rub pre-treatment. Searing station heated the chicken surface so fast, it shrunk the skin. Don't think I'll do that again. Finished with some Blues Hog barbecue sauce.


ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
^ Looks dang good.
ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Picked up some chicken to throw on the grill later. Question, what is everyone's favorite BBQ sauce for chicken. Store bought, I'm too lazy to make my own.
BBW12OG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ncsupack1 said:

Picked up some chicken to throw on the grill later. Question, what is everyone's favorite BBQ sauce for chicken. Store bought, I'm too lazy to make my own.
I like Carolina Treet.....
ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BBW12OG said:

ncsupack1 said:

Picked up some chicken to throw on the grill later. Question, what is everyone's favorite BBQ sauce for chicken. Store bought, I'm too lazy to make my own.
I like Carolina Treet.....
That's one I have never heard of.
FlossyDFlynt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ncsupack1 said:

BBW12OG said:

ncsupack1 said:

Picked up some chicken to throw on the grill later. Question, what is everyone's favorite BBQ sauce for chicken. Store bought, I'm too lazy to make my own.
I like Carolina Treet.....
That's one I have never heard of.
I have to order it off Amazon, but Gates Original or Extra Hot. Only ever seen it at the Fresh Market around here and I rarely head that way
ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FlossyDFlynt said:

ncsupack1 said:

BBW12OG said:

ncsupack1 said:

Picked up some chicken to throw on the grill later. Question, what is everyone's favorite BBQ sauce for chicken. Store bought, I'm too lazy to make my own.
I like Carolina Treet.....
That's one I have never heard of.
I have to order it off Amazon, but Gates Original or Extra Hot. Only ever seen it at the Fresh Market around here and I rarely head that way
Got ya. Been around since 1952 and from Wilmington.
caryking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If you can find this one… it's dang good..

https://www.harristeeter.com/p/no-naked-meat-carolina-style-barbeque-sauce/0064996610009
FlossyDFlynt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Fajitas on the Blackstone tonight
caryking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FlossyDFlynt said:

Fajitas on the Blackstone tonight

Be there shortly…
GetOffMyLawnPack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BBW12OG said:

ncsupack1 said:

Picked up some chicken to throw on the grill later. Question, what is everyone's favorite BBQ sauce for chicken. Store bought, I'm too lazy to make my own.
I like Carolina Treet.....
Blues Hog. They have it at some Wal-Marts. The Wake Forst WM has it: https://blueshog.com/?gad_source=1
My preference is the Championship version


Big Jim's (made in of all places - Cary): https://jimsownsauce.com/products/
I like the mild.

For a grab-n-go at the grocery store on Saturday afternoon: George's (thicker version clings to meat better)
Cheap and serviceable.

John Boy & Billy sauce is cheap and will do the job in a pinch.

Bone suckin sauce is good, but very overpriced for what it is.

If all the grocery store has is the Kraft or other national brand loaded with HFCS, go to another grocery store.


ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thanks
ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FlossyDFlynt said:

Fajitas on the Blackstone tonight



Looks good
GetOffMyLawnPack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tailgating season has started at the Beefmastor Inn in wilson:

ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GetOffMyLawnPack said:

Tailgating season has started at the Beefmastor Inn in wilson:




Nice! Let us know how it went. I need to go there one day.
ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Doing a taco bar this afternoon.
Bockwinkle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just this weekend:

Chicken Pie
Sheherds Pie
Brunswick Stew
Tilapia Chowder
Butternut Squash Soup

ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bockwinkle said:

Just this weekend:

Chicken Pie
Sheherds Pie
Brunswick Stew
Tilapia Chowder
Butternut Squash Soup


Love some Brunswick Stew.
caryking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ncsupack1 said:

Bockwinkle said:

Just this weekend:

Chicken Pie
Sheherds Pie
Brunswick Stew
Tilapia Chowder
Butternut Squash Soup


Love some Brunswick Stew.
When my dad was living, I thought he made the best Brunswick Stew. Out and about, I like Smithfield's Brunswick Stew.
ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

Bockwinkle said:

Just this weekend:

Chicken Pie
Sheherds Pie
Brunswick Stew
Tilapia Chowder
Butternut Squash Soup


Love some Brunswick Stew.
When my dad was living, I thought he made the best Brunswick Stew. Out and about, I like Smithfield's Brunswick Stew.
Smithfield's does have some good Brunswick Stew. That's cool to read about your dad. I would never try to make my own.
Bockwinkle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

Bockwinkle said:

Just this weekend:

Chicken Pie
Sheherds Pie
Brunswick Stew
Tilapia Chowder
Butternut Squash Soup


Love some Brunswick Stew.
When my dad was living, I thought he made the best Brunswick Stew. Out and about, I like Smithfield's Brunswick Stew.
Smithfield's does have some good Brunswick Stew. That's cool to read about your dad. I would never try to make my own.


Its not hard. Leftover chicken and pork, veggies and tomatoes. Simmer for a while and season.
caryking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bockwinkle said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

Bockwinkle said:

Just this weekend:

Chicken Pie
Sheherds Pie
Brunswick Stew
Tilapia Chowder
Butternut Squash Soup


Love some Brunswick Stew.
When my dad was living, I thought he made the best Brunswick Stew. Out and about, I like Smithfield's Brunswick Stew.
Smithfield's does have some good Brunswick Stew. That's cool to read about your dad. I would never try to make my own.


Its not hard. Leftover chicken and pork, veggies and tomatoes. Simmer for a while and season.
That's right and my dad would only season to taste. Never had a recipe.
ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Stephensons bbq tonight…with fried chicken. Love that place.
caryking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ncsupack1 said:

Stephensons bbq tonight…with fried chicken. Love that place.
Man, I would love to join you…
ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

Stephensons bbq tonight…with fried chicken. Love that place.
Man, I would love to join you…


Go often? We love the place.
caryking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

Stephensons bbq tonight…with fried chicken. Love that place.
Man, I would love to join you…


Go often? We love the place.
Not in a long time. I like it…. I really enjoy the simple decor or it could be called, southern hospitality.
ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

Stephensons bbq tonight…with fried chicken. Love that place.
Man, I would love to join you…


Go often? We love the place.
Not in a long time. I like it…. I really enjoy the simple decor or it could be called, southern hospitality.


You need to go. Great place and great food. We try once a week if possible.
caryking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

Stephensons bbq tonight…with fried chicken. Love that place.
Man, I would love to join you…


Go often? We love the place.
Not in a long time. I like it…. I really enjoy the simple decor or it could be called, southern hospitality.


You need to go. Great place and great food. We try once a week if possible.
With my diet, I couldn't go once a week. I don't need to eat fried food that often. That said, I can only dream…. Have a nice dinner…
ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

Stephensons bbq tonight…with fried chicken. Love that place.
Man, I would love to join you…


Go often? We love the place.
Not in a long time. I like it…. I really enjoy the simple decor or it could be called, southern hospitality.


You need to go. Great place and great food. We try once a week if possible.
With my diet, I couldn't go once a week. I don't need to eat fried food that often. That said, I can only dream…. Have a nice dinner…


Thanks. BTW I shouldn't be eating it that much either.
TheStorm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

Stephensons bbq tonight…with fried chicken. Love that place.
Man, I would love to join you…


Go often? We love the place.
McGee's Crossroads?
ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

Stephensons bbq tonight…with fried chicken. Love that place.
Man, I would love to join you…


Go often? We love the place.
McGee's Crossroads?


Yup, the place is right off of highway 50.
ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thinking about grilling some chicken for sandwiches. Either that or bright leaf hotdogs with chili.
waynecountywolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GetOffMyLawnPack said:

Tailgating season has started at the Beefmastor Inn in wilson:


..with their new signs, too.
Was Chad there?
I am just here for the conspiracy theories
GetOffMyLawnPack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
waynecountywolf said:

GetOffMyLawnPack said:

Tailgating season has started at the Beefmastor Inn in wilson:


..with their new signs, too.
Was Chad there?

Yes.
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.