NASCAR 2024

22,461 Views | 660 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by ncsupack1
GetOffMyLawnPack
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Paige takes Dad's flag from yesterday to school.

ncsupack1
^ that's pretty cool.
ncsupack1
Silly season and the rumors are crazy, between SHR selling out, Track house and Kaulig merging. Crazy, I'm watching the Front Row and RFK moves.
ncsupack1
Fingers crossed that they can get the All Star race in. Also, RIP to Eddie Gossage, saw that he passed away at the age of 65. Much too young, he retired a couple of years ago I believe. One heck of a promoter. TMS is never going to be the same.
Wolfer79
NASCAR
NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series
Wright Brand 250, North Wilkesboro Speedway, North Wilkesboro, NC
Practice FS1, 3 p.m.

NASCAR Cup Series
All-Star Race, North Wilkesboro Speedway, North Wilkesboro, NC
Practice FS1, 4 p.m.
Qualifying and Pit Crew Challenge FS1, 5:30 p.m.
Wolfer79
Friday, May 17
3 p.m., NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series: Practice at North Wilkesboro Speedway, FS1
4 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: All-Star Race Practice at North Wilkesboro Speedway, FS1
5:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: All-Star Open Qualifying and All-Star Race Pit Crew Challenge at North Wilkesboro Speedway, FS1
ncsupack1
Got most of the show in. Hopefully they get some luck today/ night.
Wolfer79
NASCAR
NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series
Wright Brand 250, North Wilkesboro Speedway, North Wilkesboro, NC
Qualifying FS1, 10:30 a.m.
Race FS1, 1:30 p.m.

NASCAR RaceDay: NCTS Setup FS, 1 p.m.

NASCAR Cup Series
Heat Races FS2, 5 p.m.
Wolfer79
Saturday, May 18

6 a.m., NASCAR Cup Series: All-Star Race Practice at North Wilkesboro Speedway (re-air), FS1
7:30 a.m., NASCAR Cup Series: All-Star Open Qualifying and All-Star Race Pit Crew Challenge at North Wilkesboro Speedway (re-air), FS1
9:30 a.m., NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series: Practice at North Wilkesboro Speedway (re-air), FS1
10:30 a.m., NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series: Qualifying at North Wilkesboro Speedway, FS1
11:30 a.m., NASCAR Cup Series: All-Star Open Qualifying and All-Star Race Pit Crew Challenge at North Wilkesboro Speedway (re-air), FS1
1 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay: NCTS North Wilkesboro, FS1
1:30 p.m., NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series: Wright Brand 250 at North Wilkesboro Speedway, FS1
4 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Berlin Raceway, FloRacing
5 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: All-Star Heat Races at North Wilkesboro Speedway, FS2
7 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Langley Speedway, FloRacing
7:20 p.m., ARCA Menards Series East at Flat Rock Speedway, FloRacing
7:45 p.m., NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour at Riverhead Raceway, FloRacing
7:45 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Bowman Gray Stadium, FloRacing
TBA, NASCAR Weekly Racing at Jennerstown Speedway, FloRacing
ncsupack1
As a Harvick fan, it was odd seeing him in a Hendrick car.
caryking
Did North Wilkesboro get paved, since last year?
ncsupack1
caryking said:

Sure did.
caryking
ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

Sure did.
I just flipped on the truck race, in time for the rain delay. How are the cars/trucks running? Last year, it didn't end up being a good race, other than the nostalgia of place.
ncsupack1
Goodyear has brought two types of tires for the weekend. A hard ( normal ) and a soft tire. So far the drivers have liked what they have seen. From what I saw in practice yesterday I have some high hopes. The only thing is that, one, all teams must start with the normal tire, and two, no mix and matching.
caryking
ncsupack1 said:

Goodyear has brought two types of tires for the weekend. A hard ( normal ) and a soft tire. So far the drivers have liked what they have seen. From what I saw in practice yesterday I have some high hopes. The only thing is that, one, all teams must start with the normal tire, and two, no mix and matching.
They should let them run either tire. Actually, like in F1, you have to run 2 of the 3 tire choices, in a race. I think that would add some intrigue in NASCAR.
ncsupack1
caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

They should let them run either tire. Actually, like in F1, you have to run 2 of the 3 tire choices, in a race. I think that would add some intrigue in NASCAR.
I probably missed typed. They can run any tire after the race starts. My guess here is that NASCAR and Goodyear, are looking at data, this is more of a test. If this works, I could see this continuing on tracks like Richmond, Martinsville, and maybe Bristol. The Richmond race was pretty good with the wet weather tire. Which is a softer tire.
ncsupack1
Time for some drinks. Rain is killing the day.
TheStorm
So did I miss the actual race or not?
ncsupack1
TheStorm said:

So did I miss the actual race or not?
Just the heats. The truck race continues at 11:30, the open is at 5 I believe. They had 4 inches of rain in 2 hours yesterday. I see they are bringing 80 tons of gravel in for parking.
Wolfer79
Sunday, May 19

6 a.m., NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series: Wright Brand 250 at North Wilkesboro Speedway (re-air), FS2
8 a.m., NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series: Wright Brand 250 at North Wilkesboro Speedway (re-air), FS1
9 a.m., NASCAR Youth Series at Keystone, FloRacing
10 a.m., NASCAR Cup Series: North Wilkesboro Speedway (re-air), FS1
2 p.m., NASCAR Canada Series at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park, FloRacing
5 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: All-Star Open at North Wilkesboro Speedway, FS1
7 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay: North Wilkesboro, FS1
8 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: All-Star Race at North Wilkesboro Speedway, FS1
Wolfer79
NASCAR
NASCAR Cup Series
All-Star Open FS1, 5 p.m.
Race FS1, 8 p.m.
NASCAR RaceDay: North Wilkesboro FS1, 7 p.m.
ncsupack1
That was a pretty good race.
Glasswolf
I'd love to know everyone's opinion on something. Don't get me wrong as I love that NASCAR is back at North Wilkesboro but I am a traditionalist when it comes to racing. I'd rather have the All Star race back at Charlotte. Maybe add a race for NW. I've said I wish the Clash would go back to Daytona also. I'd love for a race to come back to Rockingham although I don't see that happening.

There was just something about All Star weekend in Charlotte same as Speed Weeks in Daytona.. What's everyone's thoughts?
ncsupack1
Glasswolf said:

I'd love to know everyone's opinion on something. Don't get me wrong as I love that NASCAR is back at North Wilkesboro but I am a traditionalist when it comes to racing. I'd rather have the All Star race back at Charlotte. Maybe add a race for NW. I've said I wish the Clash would go back to Daytona also. I'd love for a race to come back to Rockingham although I don't see that happening.

There was just something about All Star weekend in Charlotte same as Speed Weeks in Daytona.. What's everyone's thoughts?
Good post. I can tell you this, NASCAR has or was in talks with the owners of the Rock. What I've heard the Clash could go to Bowmen Gray next year. ( Not a fan, I want Daytona, but fans stopped going ). Now, as a long time season ticketholder, I want the All Star race at Charlotte. I see NWS getting a Cup date in the near future, now where that date comes from, who knows. SMI does now own Dover, who also owns Nashville Superspeedway.
Glasswolf
Not NASCAR related but man Kyle Larson just put down a massive lap in the fast 12 Indy 500 qualifying.
ncsupack1
The kid is a wheel man.
Glasswolf
ncsupack1 said:

The kid is a wheel man.
Well he's put himself at worst 6th starting spot. Somewhere row 2
ncsupack1
Glasswolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

The kid is a wheel man.

Wow
Glasswolf
ncsupack1 said:

Glasswolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

The kid is a wheel man.

Wow
Now on to the Fast 6 round.
ncsupack1
Glasswolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Glasswolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

The kid is a wheel man.

Wow

It's going to be tight to make it at NWS.
Glasswolf
ncsupack1 said:

Glasswolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Glasswolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

The kid is a wheel man.

Wow

It's going to be tight to make it at NWS.
They mentioned that. They are doing last chance qualifying now which still has 42 minutes left lol
ncsupack1
8:08 is green flag. But I wouldn't be surprised if NASCAR drags out driver introductions.
caryking
Glasswolf said:

Glass, I'm with you…. That said, I'd be ok with the clash going to Rockingham. I think the locals, down there, would fill that place up!
ncsupack1
caryking said:

Glasswolf said:

Glass, I'm with you…. That said, I'd be ok with the clash going to Rockingham. I think the locals, down there, would fill that place up!

I agree crowd size. Looking like Bowman Gray is a real possibility for the Clash. NASCAR has purchased the promoting rights.
PossumJenkins
ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

Glasswolf said:

I agree crowd size. Looking like Bowman Gray is a real possibility for the Clash. NASCAR has purchased the promoting rights.

Lot to still be worked out with the city of WS…but the discussions are happening

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.