The Regular Mass Shootings Thread - Non School/Public Place/Work Place Addition

50,512 Views | 527 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by GuerrillaPack
Wufpack17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Packchem91 said:

jkpackfan said:

Packchem91 said:

hokiewolf said:

Here's what I'll say about this BBW. I agree with you here. There has been a weird response in the media where the narrative of these stories is almost that this shooting was justified for political reasons. It is an incredibly wrong argument excusing acts of violence on children.

Other than some wacko far left group, who is excusing this?
I frankly don't care if the shooter is a far right nut or a far left nut. In both cases, they are getting guns that everyone says they shouldn't have had
But who is making changes to ensure they don't?

Dude you'll never stop anyone from getting a gun. There's no law you could pass that would keep idiots hell bent on this kind of carnage from getting one.

I'm all for having thorough background checks on every gun purchased but it'll never stop these idiots.

So we look our kids in the eye and say "too bad, it's just a consequence of being an American"?
Is that where we are?

And when it doesn't stop happening, what's the next step?

The most obvious things that can be done TODAY is improving security at schools. But the left has no interest in that because "turning schools into prisons!!!!11!1!1!1!".

A real solution is met with vitriol. Something that is practical in implementing is seen as no go zone. Why?
Wufpack17
Glasswolf said:

https://www.wral.com/state-senate-votes-to-override-gun-bill-veto-sends-to-house/20785205/

How can this be good? Someone explain this to me please.

Because the stores where you buy the pistol runs the exact same background check, which has become more robust. Further, backlogs were becoming so lengthy some people were not receiving a permit for several months. A permit is STILL required to conceal carry.

But again, the overwhelming majority of gun crimes are committed by people who can't legally possess a gun.
Packchem91
Wufpack17 said:

Packchem91 said:

jkpackfan said:

Packchem91 said:

hokiewolf said:

Here's what I'll say about this BBW. I agree with you here. There has been a weird response in the media where the narrative of these stories is almost that this shooting was justified for political reasons. It is an incredibly wrong argument excusing acts of violence on children.

I frankly don't care if the shooter is a far right nut or a far left nut. In both cases, they are getting guns that everyone says they shouldn't have had

Dude you'll never stop anyone from getting a gun. There's no law you could pass that would keep idiots hell bent on this kind of carnage from getting one.

I'm all for having thorough background checks on every gun purchased but it'll never stop these idiots.

So we look our kids in the eye and say "too bad, it's just a consequence of being an American"?
Is that where we are?

The most obvious things that can be done TODAY is improving security at schools. But the left has no interest in that because "turning schools into prisons!!!!11!1!1!1!".

A real solution is met with vitriol. Something that is practical in implementing is seen as no go zone. Why?

The Nashville shooter shot thru a window. How were metal detectors and barred doors going to stop that?
Where is all this money going to come from to pay for all the infra and resource required?
Packchem91
Wufpack17 said:

Packchem91 said:

jkpackfan said:

Packchem91 said:

hokiewolf said:

Is that where we are?

Why doesn't this happen in the UK? Or France? Japan? China? India? Canada? Germany? Saudi Arabia? Anywhere else?
Werewolf
Packchem91 said:

Wufpack17 said:

Packchem91 said:

jkpackfan said:

Packchem91 said:

hokiewolf said:

Is that where we are?

Why doesn't this happen in the UK? Or France? Japan? China? India? Canada? Germany? Saudi Arabia? Anywhere else?
You should move to China to provide a more protective environment for yourself.

See my post re Mexico.....but of course the very dangerous single shot 22 rifle is allowed.
Wufpack17
Packchem91 said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

If some of these maniac mentally challenged people want to hurt somebody, they do not need a gun. Look at the idiot in Wisconsin who ran his car through a Christmas parade or Timothy McVeigh in Oklahoma City. If you are denied getting firearms, there are numerous ways to hurt people. Just the other day in Vancouver, BC a guy was stabbed to death at a Starbucks and everybody stood by and watched it happen.

It's not the guns, it's the people.

Yet the stats 100% disagree with you. America has by far the most guns and by far the most kids killed by them.

So it's your perspective that social media, tv violence, urban crowding, poverty, etc only influence Americans?
Other nations which have far less death by guns just handle all those things better!

The majority of homicides in the US with regards to children is not done with guns. It's done with physical assault and blunt objects. Let's create a background check requirement to purchase hammers, bats, rolling pins, etc…
Wufpack17
Packchem91 said:

Wufpack17 said:

Packchem91 said:

jkpackfan said:

Packchem91 said:

hokiewolf said:

Is that where we are?

They just get run over with cars and beheaded in the streets…
Werewolf
Packchem's solution is always more govt.
Wufpack17
Glasswolf said:

packgrad said:

Quite frankly, your hyperbole is part of the problem. It's not easier to get a gun than it is to get treatment for anxiety, depression, etc. Maybe your family has a harder time with the treatment prescribed but treatment is readily available, arguably over available if you look at numbers of people on anxiety medicine.
I can go buy a guy tomorrow. Pay for it, go through the background check and within 3-5 days I'm good. In 2018 my wife waited 18 days to get the OK to get treatment for depression. 18 days. You know what got her treatment? She told the doctors she wanted to hurt herself or others. Bam! Treatment approved. And that with BCBS of NC

That sounds like a problem with your insurance. I can literally schedule and appt tomorrow to see a therapist. Also, respectfully, these things aren't related.

I have 2 guns. They've never been anywhere other than my home and a shooting range. That can be said for 99.9% of gun owners. I'm honestly not concerned about legal gun owners, those folks aren't interested in killing folks. But as I said earlier, people on meds for depression who have suicidal or violent thoughts, shouldn't be allowed to own a gun
packgrad
Wufpack17 said:

Glasswolf said:

packgrad said:

Quite frankly, your hyperbole is part of the problem. It's not easier to get a gun than it is to get treatment for anxiety, depression, etc. Maybe your family has a harder time with the treatment prescribed but treatment is readily available, arguably over available if you look at numbers of people on anxiety medicine.
I can go buy a guy tomorrow. Pay for it, go through the background check and within 3-5 days I'm good. In 2018 my wife waited 18 days to get the OK to get treatment for depression. 18 days. You know what got her treatment? She told the doctors she wanted to hurt herself or others. Bam! Treatment approved. And that with BCBS of NC

That sounds like a problem with your insurance. I can literally schedule and appt tomorrow to see a therapist. Also, respectfully, these things aren't related.

I have 2 guns. They've never been anywhere other than my home and a shooting range. That can be said for 99.9% of gun owners. I'm honestly not concerned about legal gun owners, those folks aren't interested in killing folks. But as I said earlier, people on meds for depression who have suicidal or violent thoughts, shouldn't be allowed to own a gun

Which would eliminate all transgender gun owners.
Packchem91
Wufpack17 said:

Packchem91 said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

If some of these maniac mentally challenged people want to hurt somebody, they do not need a gun. Look at the idiot in Wisconsin who ran his car through a Christmas parade or Timothy McVeigh in Oklahoma City. If you are denied getting firearms, there are numerous ways to hurt people. Just the other day in Vancouver, BC a guy was stabbed to death at a Starbucks and everybody stood by and watched it happen.

Yet the stats 100% disagree with you. America has by far the most guns and by far the most kids killed by them.

So it's your perspective that social media, tv violence, urban crowding, poverty, etc only influence Americans?
Other nations which have far less death by guns just handle all those things better!

The majority of homicides in the US with regards to children is not done with guns. It's done with physical assault and blunt objects. Let's create a background check requirement to purchase hammers, bats, rolling pins, etc…

Got it. So like BBW, GP and We're, you just make any crap up assuming no one will care.
I even gave you (twice) the stats.

Here it is for a 3rd time.
https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/nejmc2201761

I'm not the smartest guy in the room, so you'll have to translate the graph from the NEJM to show me where your majority of blunt objects killings comes from? I don't even see it on the list

What's more amazing is that some other "fair and balanced" poster liked your response, lol
Wufpack17
Werewolf said:

I don't think he has a common sense approach to this. It's ban guns or nothing at all, and let's be honest, guns aren't going anywhere. Hell, we have one of the most dangerous borders to our south, a country dominated by cartels who would LOVE nothing more than to feed illegal guns into the US (they are already doing so).

PackChem seems to ignore the geographical problems the US has and how that contributes to our drug and gun problems. Most EU nations that he aspires to be, don't have that issue.

Also, the US DOES have a worse mental health issue than other wealthy nations. We have MORE mentally Ill people per capita and a WORSE mental health system.

https://www.commonwealthfund.org/publications/issue-briefs/2020/may/mental-health-conditions-substance-use-comparing-us-other-countries

So, yeah, I think it's perfectly okay to suggest we focus on mental health and securing our schools. Nip those in the bud TODAY.
Wufpack17
Packchem91 said:

Wufpack17 said:

Packchem91 said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Got it. So like BBW, GP and We're, you just make any crap up assuming no one will care.

I'm not the smartest guy in the room, so you'll have to translate the graph from the NEJM to show me where your majority of blunt objects killings comes from? I don't even see it on the list

What's more amazing is that some other "fair and balanced" poster liked your response, lol

Your chart doesn't account for all
Homicides. For instance, we know kids are beat to death, yet that isn't represented on the chart. Your data is weak.

For instance, child abuse and neglect is noticeably left out of your chart…

Deaths were 1840 attributed to abuse and neglect…

https://www.childwelfare.gov/pubpdfs/fatality.pdf

And as you well know, many fire arm related deaths among kids are attributed to gang violence. But ignore that fact.

Packchem91
Wufpack17 said:

Glasswolf said:

packgrad said:

So how do you police people who have those conditions? Does the ATF (or some other agency) get to access your medical files? Probably those of your family too because what if Junior is depressed but has access to your guns?

Reportedly, the Nashville PD had no clue about this person, so she wasn't on any list
Werewolf
    ALERT......... re the Nasville Christian School shooting. Different shoes, watch, belt and camou shown on body cam footage as compared with school security camera footage. Something amiss......
Wufpack17
Werewolf said:

ALERT......... re the Nasville Christian School shooting. Different shoes, watch, belt and camou shown on body cam footage as compared with school security camera footage. Something amiss......

Let's not start with the conspiracy theory non-sense
Packchem91
Wufpack17 said:

Packchem91 said:

Wufpack17 said:

Packchem91 said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Homicides. For instance, we know kids are beat to death, yet that isn't represented on the chart. Your data is weak.

This is your argument? True, it is leading causes, not "anything that has ever happened ". It ranges down to 0.3 deaths per 100k kids, amd "death by beating" didn't make it. Drownings, heart attacks, fire, respiratory issues all on there, all about 1/5, 1/10 the rate of guns.

So yeah, you 100% fabricated a statement about "majority".
Werewolf
Wufpack17
Packchem91 said:

Wufpack17 said:

Glasswolf said:

packgrad said:

So how do you police people who have those conditions? Does the ATF (or some other agency) get to access your medical files? Probably those of your family too because what if Junior is depressed but has access to your guns?

Reportedly, the Nashville PD had no clue about this person, so she wasn't on any list

See, now you don't want to get into the weeds of this. If you don't want to disclose medical information, what is the alternative?
Werewolf
Another transgender shooter.......that killed gays. News Media claimed that he was a Conservative.

Wufpack17
Packchem91 said:

Wufpack17 said:

Packchem91 said:

Wufpack17 said:

Packchem91 said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

This is your argument? True, it is leading causes, not "anything that has ever happened ". It ranges down to 0.3 deaths per 100k kids, amd "death by beating" didn't make it. Drownings, heart attacks, fire, respiratory issues all on there, all about 1/5, 1/10 the rate of guns.

I don't think you know what "majority" means. Nothings fabricated other than your misunderstanding of a commonly used word.

If you account for all homicides, more homicides are done with abuse, neglect, blunt objects.

I don't see why it is a problem to require a back ground check to own a bat. We need to save lives, right?
Werewolf
Werewolf
PachKIM, you are right, its the gun's fault.

Packchem91
Wufpack17 said:

Werewolf said:

I don't think he has a common sense approach to this. It's ban guns or nothing at all, and let's be honest, guns aren't going anywhere. Hell, we have one of the most dangerous borders to our south, a country dominated by cartels who would LOVE nothing more than to feed illegal guns into the US (they are already doing so).

PackChem seems to ignore the geographical problems the US has and how that contributes to our drug and gun problems. Most EU nations that he aspires to be, don't have that issue.

Also, the US DOES have a worse mental health issue than other wealthy nations. We have MORE mentally Ill people per capita and a WORSE mental health system.

https://www.commonwealthfund.org/publications/issue-briefs/2020/may/mental-health-conditions-substance-use-comparing-us-other-countries

So, yeah, I think it's perfectly okay to suggest we focus on mental health and securing our schools. Nip those in the bud TODAY.

Lol, such stupid grandiose statements which is what happens at the national level to prevent real meaningful compromise.

Look, you find the statement where i say "ban all guns" and I'll leave the site. Taht should motivate some folks!

But, if you can't find it, you go.
That fair?

I mean - it was your declaration, not mine, so I want to see you back it up
Werewolf
PackKIm, your thoughts?
Packchem91
Wufpack17 said:

Packchem91 said:

Wufpack17 said:

Packchem91 said:

Wufpack17 said:

Packchem91 said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

I don't think you know what "majority" means. Nothings fabricated other than your misunderstanding of a commonly used word.

If you account for all homicides, more homicides are done with abuse, neglect, blunt objects.

I don't see why it is a problem to require a back ground check to own a bat. We need to save lives, right?

I think BBW had done gone and changed his screen name. Just make anything up.
So are you saying NEJM just omitted the majority of deaths to kids? Allowed guns, wrecks and suicides and congenital conditions, but left out beatings? Not just a few, but more than all those others combined?
Wufpack17
Packchem91 said:

Wufpack17 said:

Werewolf said:

Lol, such stupid grandiose statements which is what happens at the national level to prevent real meaningful compromise.

Look, you find the statement where i say "ban all guns" and I'll leave the site. Taht should motivate some folks!

That fair?

Buddy, I've watched you from afar for quite a while , you aren't interested in compromise.
Wufpack17
Packchem91 said:

Wufpack17 said:

Packchem91 said:

Wufpack17 said:

Packchem91 said:

Wufpack17 said:

Packchem91 said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

I think BBW had done gone and changed his screen name. Just make anything up.
So are you saying NEJM just omitted the majority of deaths to kids? Allowed guns, wrecks and suicides and congenital conditions, but left out beatings? Not just a few, but more than all those others combined?

I'm saying you cherry picked a chart that fits your narrative but doesn't actually refute the facts I presented you.
Werewolf
Wufpack17
I'm going to apologize to everyone. I'm only interested in honest conversation, and exchanging with PackChem clearly isn't an honest conversation because he isn't interested in that and it derailed the thread.
Packchem91
Wufpack17 said:

Packchem91 said:

Wufpack17 said:

Werewolf said:

That fair?

Buddy, I've watched you from afar for quite a while , you aren't interested in compromise.

So are you going to provide this evidence or back off your statement? I mean, if you just make this up out of thin air, what else do you make up?
Werewolf
Wufpack17 said:

Werewolf said:

pictures of Vanns on her feet and then picture of PUma on her feet.
Packchem91
Wufpack17 said:

I'm going to apologize to everyone. I'm only interested in honest conversation, and exchanging with PackChem clearly isn't an honest conversation because he isn't interested in that and it derailed the thread.

Lol, I gave you articles from the NEJM and the Times and you make wild-a untruths and ' the one not interested?
packgrad
Wufpack17 said:

Apology accepted. Put that lying clown on ignore.
Wufpack17
Werewolf said:

Wufpack17 said:

Werewolf said:

pictures of Vanns on her feet and then picture of PUma on her feet.

Don't they look similar?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.