The Regular Mass Shootings Thread - Non School/Public Place/Work Place Addition

39,120 Views | 504 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Werewolf
caryking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jkpackfan said:

statefan91 said:

Hell yes he should, shouldn't even be debatable.
I still have mixed feelings about this…. When it's all said and done, the boy did the killings! The father made horrible decisions, no doubt. Is he an accessory to murder? Is there a date when he is no longer the accessory? Like 2 years after the help with acquiring the guns? Or, two months? Or, ten years?

I don't know about this one. I can truly see both sides of the argument. Now, if the father was there helping, but didn't pull a trigger, then, yes…. Accessory to murder.

This one needs a good debate, I believe…
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
BBW12OG
caryking said:

jkpackfan said:

statefan91 said:

I still have mixed feelings about this…. When it's all said and done, the boy did the killings! The father made horrible decisions, no doubt. Is he an accessory to murder? Is there a date when he is no longer the accessory? Like 2 years after the help with acquiring the guns? Or, two months? Or, ten years?

I don't know about this one. I can truly see both sides of the argument. Now, if the father was there helping, but didn't pull a trigger, then, yes…. Accessory to murder.

If there were laws against this already then yes. This is a "slippery slope."

We know how the left spins things and goes to extremes on their ideological vendettas. If they can charge the father where would it end?

If a parent purchases a car for a kid, he goes out driving like a madman and kills someone or people are the parents also responsible for their deaths because they bought the car?

You have to protect yourself at all times against the totalitarian left. They have told us what their end game is and by chipping away at rights over the last 20 years or so they see their goal is achievable.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
Steve Videtich
caryking said:

jkpackfan said:

statefan91 said:

My thought is, yes I understand the lemur of time issue. But, if people are held accountable for bad decisions, you would eventually start to change the events. If the father had to think twice about sponsoring the kid, would he have been able to get the gun?
PackFansXL
Steve Videtich said:

caryking said:

jkpackfan said:

statefan91 said:

My thought is, yes I understand the lemur of time issue. But, if people are held accountable for bad decisions, you would eventually start to change the events. If the father had to think twice about sponsoring the kid, would he have been able to get the gun?
This is similar to the straw purchaser laws already on the books. An associate, usually a girlfriend or parent of someone who has been prohibited from gun ownership due to a history of violations, makes the purchase for the eventual gun owner. These laws are routinely ignored by DAs and police because they don't want to arrest a girlfriend or grandmother of a "bad guy". In this case, the father actually came clean and sponsored the boy.

One could surely question the father's judgment. If a judge forced the father to sit for an interview and explain his reasons for sponsoring his son, then the press would shame him for his actions or allow him to offer an emotional mea culpa while begging others to learn from his mistake. Perhaps that is the method that would be a better deterrent. The sponsor would have to deal with the social implications of his actions rather than spend time behind bars.
wolf howl
The sponsor should be held liable. Similar to if you have a co-signer on a loan, don't make the payments and they're coming for you both so you only co-sign if you feel really good about the other party's ability to repay. No different here just on a much more serious manner so why should someone that enabled killing be let off the hook?

I do think there's a time component to consider here as well, it's not forever, just like a loan isn't forever.
PackFansXL

What do you think of this political ad?
caryking
cowboypack02 said:

hokiewolf said:

Maybe Wolfer can aggregate this too in his free time:

Over Memorial Day Weekend:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/memorial-day-weekend-marked-dozen-mass-shootings-us-rcna31179

This doesn't include the shooting in Henderson where thankfully no one was seriously hurt.

https://www.wral.com/henderson-gas-station-shootout-caught-on-camera/20307167/

As well as Durham, where there was not much happening. However, this article from April outlines the troubles in Durham.

https://www.wral.com/durham-chief-addresses-recent-shootings-durham-is-not-immune-to-this-continued-trend/20233620/

The crime increases in Durham and Henderson here locally continue to trend out of the areas where there is a regular instance and into areas where shootings aren't a regular instance. Similar to what was seen in Charleston and Chattanooga this weekend.

Its a helluva thing. I took my little girl for a walk in downtown Durham around the performing arts center where the fountain is.

It's was a pretty little area. It's also a shame that folks don't have any common sense

Cowboy, she is precious!

Joe Biden
caryking
wolf howl said:

The sponsor should be held liable. Similar to if you have a co-signer on a loan, don't make the payments and they're coming for you both so you only co-sign if you feel really good about the other party's ability to repay. No different here just on a much more serious manner so why should someone that enabled killing be let off the hook?

I do think there's a time component to consider here as well, it's not forever, just like a loan isn't forever.

I really haven't been following this in the news. When did the father help the boy with buying the guns he used?

Joe Biden
PackFansXL
Sessions Calls On Prosecutors to Crack Down on Gun Crimes

Quote:

Former U.S. attorney general Jeff Sessions blasted what he called "woke crime policies," implemented by progressive prosecutors and mayors who reject serious sentences for many crimes. The surge in crime over the last two years has been a direct result of those soft-on-crime approaches, he said, and a "colossal disaster" that will likely take years to turn around.

"It's just tragic. To throw away 40 years of improved law enforcement and reduced crime is a stunning error," Sessions said. "The police departments warned the cities what would happen. But they were so obsessed with their version of how to fight crime that they didn't listen."

During his tenure as attorney general, Sessions ordered federal prosecutors to prioritize gun crime, putting a particular emphasis on illegal-possession cases. That often included transferring local gun cases to federal court, where punishment is typically more severe: Criminals convicted in federal court of possessing a gun while committing a crime face a minimum five-year sentence, which goes up if the gun is brandished or fired. Those sentences, and other tough-on-crime measures implemented in the 1980s and '90s, have been credited with putting an end to the crime surge seen during the 1960s and '70s.

"Homicides dropped by half in America," said Sessions, who served as U.S. attorney for the Southern District of Alabama from 1981 to 1993.

"If a gang member sees his buddy get caught with a gun and goes for five years without parole, unlike the state system in many cases, that gets their attention. Why? Well, he carried a gun. If you don't carry a gun, they won't take you to federal court, and you won't get a serious sentence, likely. So, it reduces the number of guns on the street," he said, adding that gun prosecutions need to be swift, and punishment needs to be certain. "One of the things that I'm confident is true and has been proven true, that swiftness and certainty of punishment is a better deterrent than inconsistencies, long delays, and soft sentences."

He also said it's a "big mistake" for law-enforcement officers and prosecutors to look at cracking down on gun crimes through a racial lens. Critics of Sessions's methods have complained that racial minorities are disproportionately charged and prosecuted for gun crimes. But Sessions said ignoring those crimes, or limiting policing in minority communities is "racially insensitive."

"Every community is entitled to be safe, and the good people in every community want the criminals locked up, whatever race. But in recent years, that insight was lost," he said. "When I was U.S. attorney in Mobile, Alabama, I met with local African-American leaders, and they wanted more police, not less."
jkpackfan
I'm sorry but anyone with half a brain would never sign off on their child getting a gun with all of those warning signs, if he's that dumb he deserves some kind of charges, what they are I don't know. Yeah it's a slippery slope but in this case he could've prevented loss of life.
Packchem91
jkpackfan said:

I'm sorry but anyone with half a brain would never sign off on their child getting a gun with all of those warning signs, if he's that dumb he deserves some kind of charges, what they are I don't know. Yeah it's a slippery slope but in this case he could've prevented loss of life.
I think there are many parents, friends, people with ability to know better....that WANT to think Junior is doing better. There is still such a stigma with mental health (well, he'll never get a good job if they find out he was in an institution). So they will look at any positive sign as an all-encompassing one.
Or....think if they just give Junior a hand....he'll see the light.

And of course, sometimes people with these issues are much better -- as long as they are on meds. Off the meds, they do bad things. Very very sad.

And then of course there are some people who are just lousy parents. Do whatever it is to be easy on me....im too busy at work or with golf or travelling and I'll spend 2 minutes to ok this, so I don't have to spend 6 hrs trying to find out how to help you

We don't know in this case (at least not that I've heard)....but while the end results may be reasonably rare, the conditions that lead to it (and the risk of it blowing up) are not so rare.
PackFansXL
PackFansXL said:

NR did a couple of pieces on this ad. One of them stunned me because it provided a story about ugly racism in a town 8 miles from where I grew up. My family moved to union county roughly 20 years after this incident. It is a story I have never heard before. See the following excerpt.
Quote:

The ad does have a basis in history, as there were several times in the Jim Crow South when blacks took advantage of their Second Amendment rights to defend themselves from racists who wanted to hurt or kill them.

The hub of armed resistance to racism in the 20th century was Monroe, N.C. In 1946, a black World War II veteran, Bennie Montgomery, was working for a white sharecropper, W. W. Magnum. One day, Montgomery asked for his wages early, explaining that he needed to have his father's car repaired. Magnum reportedly kicked and slapped the young man; Montgomery then cut his boss's throat with a pocket knife.

KKK members in the area wanted to lynch Montgomery, but the authorities moved him to Raleigh before the Klan could catch him. There, he was found guilty of murder and executed in a gas chamber, after which authorities shipped his remains back to Monroe so his family could bury him.

Because they were unable to make a public example of Montgomery, Klansmen publicized their plan to steal his body and parade it through the streets as a warning to the city's black residents. A group of black veterans in the community devised a plan to ward off the coming racist attack.
When the KKK motorcade rolled up on the funeral home, the drivers saw a group of 40 armed black men level their rifles at them. Fortunately, they did not need to fire a shot, as the cars pulled away. The men who defended Montgomery's remains spent the night clutching their rifles. But they had successfully stood up to the Klan.

The person who catalogued this incident and many others, Robert F. Williams, was heavily involved in black armed resistance. In the 1950s, Williams joined the Monroe branch of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, later becoming its president. In his time leading the NAACP branch, he chartered a local chapter of the National Rifle Association. Today, we think of these two groups in opposition to each other, but many southern blacks such as Williams saw self-defense as a right necessary to their crusade.
I know Chem grew up very close to where this occurred as well. Chem, have your ever heard this story before?
Oldsouljer
I love the ad if only because Dems are defecating flaming blue napalm over it. But I'd never heard of the particular incident you're referring to. Interesting. I've only heard of the story of how the Lumbees ran off the Klan.
Oldsouljer
Former Japan PM assassinated with a homemade shotgun (?) I'd like more details on that. Was weapon designed easily or by someone good with their hands and knowledgeable of mechanical engineering? What was the ammunition used? Also home made? Focus of these questions is, in a society where guns are flat out banned, how easy is it to make an effective firearm at home?
Packchem91
PackFansXL said:

PackFansXL said:

NR did a couple of pieces on this ad. One of them stunned me because it provided a story about ugly racism in a town 8 miles from where I grew up. My family moved to union county roughly 20 years after this incident. It is a story I have never heard before. See the following excerpt.
Quote:

The ad does have a basis in history, as there were several times in the Jim Crow South when blacks took advantage of their Second Amendment rights to defend themselves from racists who wanted to hurt or kill them.

The hub of armed resistance to racism in the 20th century was Monroe, N.C. In 1946, a black World War II veteran, Bennie Montgomery, was working for a white sharecropper, W. W. Magnum. One day, Montgomery asked for his wages early, explaining that he needed to have his father's car repaired. Magnum reportedly kicked and slapped the young man; Montgomery then cut his boss's throat with a pocket knife.

KKK members in the area wanted to lynch Montgomery, but the authorities moved him to Raleigh before the Klan could catch him. There, he was found guilty of murder and executed in a gas chamber, after which authorities shipped his remains back to Monroe so his family could bury him.

Because they were unable to make a public example of Montgomery, Klansmen publicized their plan to steal his body and parade it through the streets as a warning to the city's black residents. A group of black veterans in the community devised a plan to ward off the coming racist attack.
When the KKK motorcade rolled up on the funeral home, the drivers saw a group of 40 armed black men level their rifles at them. Fortunately, they did not need to fire a shot, as the cars pulled away. The men who defended Montgomery's remains spent the night clutching their rifles. But they had successfully stood up to the Klan.

The person who catalogued this incident and many others, Robert F. Williams, was heavily involved in black armed resistance. In the 1950s, Williams joined the Monroe branch of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, later becoming its president. In his time leading the NAACP branch, he chartered a local chapter of the National RAssociation. Today, we think of these two groups in opposition to each other, but many southern blacks such as Williams saw self-defense as a right necessary to their crusade.
I know Chem grew up very close to where this occurred as well. Chem, have your ever heard this story before?
Never heard of it....it kind of reminds me though -- when people say "if we could just go back to the good ol' days before TV ruined everything and we taught the Bible in school and xxxxxx".......it wasn't so great for everyone!

BBW12OG
It goes to show, just like in Illinois, evil has and will always find a way.

The naysayers are pushing an agenda and they aren't making any secrets about it now. The ultimate goal is what it has always been. To disarm law-abiding citizens.

Last time I checked not ONE SINGLE LAW ABIDING GUN OWNER has ever committed a mass shooting, murder, attempted murder, crimes involving firearms etc....

You know why lefties? Because criminals commit crimes. There are laws against all of the above and they continue to happen.

As far as the "homemade gun," it is 100% possible to fabricate a rudimentary one such as the one you saw used last night.

Japan's laws prohibit the ownership of handguns and rifles. They allow shotguns for hunting and skeet shooting. The process to obtain those is pretty extensive.

Like I said, evil is evil and when you have willing participants it always will be.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
Packchem91
This article reads like a national enquirer article....but jeez, you can see why the kid was screwed up. These parents were terrible.

Highland Park Fourth of July suspect grew up with boozy parents who often called 911 to home: documents | Fox News

hokiewolf
BBW12OG said:

The naysayers are pushing an agenda and they aren't making any secrets about it now. The ultimate goal is what it has always been. To disarm law-abiding citizens.

Last time I checked not ONE SINGLE LAW ABIDING GUN OWNER has ever committed a mass shooting, murder, attempted murder, crimes involving firearms etc....

You know why lefties? Because criminals commit crimes. There are laws against all of the above and they continue to happen.

As far as the "homemade gun," it is 100% possible to fabricate a rudimentary one such as the one you saw used last night.

Japan's laws prohibit the ownership of handguns and rifles. They allow shotguns for hunting and skeet shooting. The process to obtain those is pretty extensive.

Like I said, evil is evil and when you have willing participants it always will be.
just so I understand your reasoning, because the last several mass shooters (non criminal addition) had legal guns, do these guys stop being defined as law abiding as soon as they start their mass shooting?

And by no means am I trying to argue that guns should be taken away or banned. I'm just curious of your definition. I'm sure you'll come back with some sort of attack, but this is an actual genuine question
BBW12OG
hokiewolf said:

BBW12OG said:

just so I understand your reasoning, because the last several mass shooters (non criminal addition) had legal guns, do these guys stop being defined as law abiding as soon as they start their mass shooting?

And by no means am I trying to argue that guns should be taken away or banned. I'm just curious of your definition. I'm sure you'll come back with some sort of attack, but this is an actual genuine question
Yes... because shooting people is illegal.

Bait.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
packgrad
BBW12OG said:

hokiewolf said:

BBW12OG said:

Correct.
BBW12OG
packgrad said:

BBW12OG said:

hokiewolf said:

BBW12OG said:

Correct.
According to the law shooting people is illegal. So if you have a legally purchased firearm and use that firearm to inflict deadly force, injury, deadly injury on a person it is illegal.

Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
Oldsouljer
Packchem91 said:

This article reads like a national enquirer article....but jeez, you can see why the kid was screwed up. These parents were terrible.

Highland Park Fourth of July suspect grew up with boozy parents who often called 911 to home: documents | Fox News

Yeah, they're even worse than the usual parents who berate teachers because little Johnny couldn't possibly have done what the teacher said he did.
Packchem91
Oldsouljer said:

Packchem91 said:

Yeah, they're even worse than the usual parents who berate teachers because little Johnny couldn't possibly have done what the teacher said he did.
Yep, lots of those these days.
Steve Videtich
Packchem91 said:

Oldsouljer said:

Packchem91 said:

It's what's driving good teachers out of the business. ****ty parents!
BBW12OG
Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Oldsouljer said:

Packchem91 said:

Close friend teaches in Chatham County...... they have a very diverse county which is not the main problem. And by diversity I mean an entire town that ESL is the MAIN language..... and diversity isn't the topic.

In the area he is in lots of "Chapel Hill" zip codes 8-10 miles inside of Chatham County. The school allows "parent volunteers" to help teachers. They pretty much oversee any and all handouts, tests, questions etc.....

Several times a week the "volunteer" has questions about assignments he/she is printing. And before anyone says, "print them themselves.." not an option. All print codes are different and the curriculum is subject to parent review..... So much BS... And it happens throughout the school.

The volunteer group is a group of activist that work the schools..... NCAE pays most of their "travel costs."
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
hokiewolf
BBW12OG said:

packgrad said:

BBW12OG said:

hokiewolf said:

BBW12OG said:

Correct.
According to the law shooting people is illegal. So if you have a legally purchased firearm and use that firearm to inflict deadly force, injury, deadly injury on a person it is illegal.

that's a very interesting definition in which you're never wrong. I guess that's a way to always win an argument.
BBW12OG
hokiewolf said:

BBW12OG said:

packgrad said:

BBW12OG said:

hokiewolf said:

BBW12OG said:

Correct.

that's a very interesting definition in which you're never wrong. I guess that's a way to always win an argument.
Where was I wrong? Please.... the platform is yours.....
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
hokiewolf
I would say the definition of a legal gun owner is one who obtains a gun by legal means. So a legal gun owner can become a criminal or a mass shooter, but in reality you're talking about a very minuscule percentage wise of legal gun owners who commit a crime.

I guess my issue is that you've settled on zero as the correct number and it's never zero. 99.9% sure, I can agree with that.

You always accuse me of making dishonest arguments, saying zero legal gun owners commit crimes because even though they acquired the weapon leagally it is a dishonest argument in my opinion to say they are not legal gun owners once they commit a crime because you're positioning yourself to always be right and you close off any real discussion
BBW12OG
Prove me wrong.....
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
hokiewolf
BBW12OG said:

Prove me wrong.....
what exactly am I proving wrong? Your definition is bad.
GuerrillaPack
"No one is coming for your guns"...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/columnist/2022/07/11/jayland-walker-highland-park-uvalde-second-amendment/7809531001/?gnt-cfr=1

Quote:

Americans can't handle their guns. Time to repeal the 2nd Amendment.

In order to get rid of the Second Amendment, we'd use Article V of the Constitution.

Carli Pierson
July 11, 2022

We must repeal the Second Amendment if we want this country to ever be safe again.

Whether it's killings by police, like the 60 bullets fired into Jayland Walker, or by civilians like in Highland Park, Illinois, Uvalde, Texas, or Buffalo, New York our national record on gun violence is an international embarrassment. It can't be reformed without doing away with guns.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/09/opinions/gun-reform-second-amendment-repeal-uvalde-shooting-press/index.html

Quote:

Opinion: There's no way to fix the Second Amendment. Let's just get rid of it

by Bill Press
Updated 5:36 PM ET, Thu June 9, 2022

[...]

The only effective way to deal with the Second Amendment is to repeal it and then replace it with something that makes sense in a civilized society.

I'm hardly the first person to say that the Second Amendment has been a disaster for this country. In fact, two Supreme Court justices justices appointed by Republican presidents have said as much.

"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
Bell Tower Grey
Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Oldsouljer said:

Packchem91 said:

Shtty parents and lack of support from administration is why my wife retired early from teaching.
Bell Tower Grey
Well, Siler City is special, no doubt.
GuerrillaPack
"No one is coming for your guns"...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2022/jul/11/majority-us-democrats-dont-want-biden-2024-house-january-6-capitol-attack-latest-updates

Quote:

Biden calls again for US assault rifles ban: 'We are living in a country awash in weapons of war'

July 11, 2022

Joe Biden is once again appealing to Congress to go further with gun safety legislation and ban assault weapons in the US.

In remarks at the White House moments ago he included a vivid indictment of the proliferation of military-style assault weapons among the general public in recent years and how they repeatedly feature in mass shootings.

"We are living in a country awash in weapons of war," the US president said. "Weapons that are designed to hunt are not being used [in massacres], weapons they are purchasing are designed as weapons of war, to take out an enemy. What is the rationale for these weapons outside war zones? Some people claim it's for sport or to hunt," he continued in front of an estimated audience of about 300 people on the South Lawn of the White House.

"But let's look at the facts," he said. Biden spoke of bullets fired from an assault rifle moving twice as fast as bullets fired from handguns and "maximize the damage done" to people.

"Human flesh and bone is just torn apart and as difficult as it is to say, that's why so many people and so many in this audience and I apologize for having to say it need to provide DNA samples to identify the remains of their children, think of that," he said.

[...]

"Assault weapons need to be banned," he said. "They were banned, I led the fight in 1994," he said, noting that the successful but temporary federal ban on assault rifles being on sale to the general public in the US ended in 2004.

"In that 10 years, it was long, mass shootings went down, and when the law expired in 2004 and those weapons were allowed to be sold again, mass shootings tripled, they're the facts.

"I'm determined to ban these weapons again," he said, to applause from the audience at the White House.

He said he also wanted to get high capacity magazines banned "and I'm not going to stop until we do it".

Biden noted that "guns are the number one killer of children in the United States, more than car accidents, more than cancer".

He said that in the last 20 years, "more US high school children have died from gunshots than on-duty police officers and active-duty military combined, think of that. We can't just stand by. With rights come responsibilities. Yes there is a right to bear arms but we also have a right to live freely, without fear for our lives in a grocery store, in a playground..."

They're not going to stop staging these "mass shootings" until they ram through their gun bans.

And newsflash commie libtards....the Second Amendment doesn't say that we have the right to own and carry firearms to hunt wildlife. Guess what? It says it right there explicitly in the text of the Second Amendment that the purpose of the Second Amendment and gun rights is to arm a civilian MILITIA. Guess what a "militia" is? An army.

So the explicit purpose of the Second Amendment is for citizens to be able to own military-grade weapons...or weapons of war. The entire purpose of civilians having the right to own guns is to be able to wage war.

But you commie libtards probably have never even read and understood those couple sentences of the Second Amendment. And even if you have, you sure don't believe in it. After all, it's just "some old document written by racist white men" that should just be ignored because "it's 250 years old". What communist pieces of trash like Pedo Joe says about gun rights means more to you than what the Founding Fathers believed.

"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
Steve Videtich
Bell Tower Grey said:

Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Oldsouljer said:

Packchem91 said:

Shtty parents and lack of support from administration is why my wife retired early from teaching.

My wife wants to quit every day. But, she's trying to hold on a few more years for the guaranteed retirement.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.