The Regular Mass Shootings Thread - Non School/Public Place/Work Place Addition

38,606 Views | 504 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Werewolf
hokiewolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Maybe Wolfer can aggregate this too in his free time:

Over Memorial Day Weekend:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/memorial-day-weekend-marked-dozen-mass-shootings-us-rcna31179

This doesn't include the shooting in Henderson where thankfully no one was seriously hurt.

https://www.wral.com/henderson-gas-station-shootout-caught-on-camera/20307167/

As well as Durham, where there was not much happening. However, this article from April outlines the troubles in Durham.

https://www.wral.com/durham-chief-addresses-recent-shootings-durham-is-not-immune-to-this-continued-trend/20233620/

The crime increases in Durham and Henderson here locally continue to trend out of the areas where there is a regular instance and into areas where shootings aren't a regular instance. Similar to what was seen in Charleston and Chattanooga this weekend.
GuerrillaPack
wE mUsT bAn GuNs!!

A 9mm blows your lung right out of the body!!!

AR-15s are used in less than 1% of all gun homicides!!! SO THEY MUST BE BANNED!!!

30,000 killed in auto accidents per year. We must not ban cars! No car control needed!!

100,000 drug overdoses per year. We must not even talk about that!!!
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
BBW12OG
GuerrillaPack said:

wE mUsT bAn GuNs!!

A 9mm blows your lung right out of the body!!!

AR-15s are used in less than 1% of all gun homicides!!! SO THEY MUST BE BANNED!!!

30,000 killed in auto accidents per year. We must not ban cars! No car control needed!!

100,000 drug overdoses per year. We must not even talk about that!!!
Troll thread and nothing more.....
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
Wolfer79
this count?

Videos show a shootout involving multiple gunmen at a gas station in Henderson over the weekend.

Videos taken Saturday at 4:20 p.m. at the business on W. Andrews Avenue shows a man with a long gun in his pants getting out of a white sedan parked at a pump.
Cars can be seen stopping on W. Andrews Avenue and turning around as shots ring out.

Bystanders can also be seen running for cover.

https://www.cbs17.com/news/video-shows-broad-daylight-shootout-at-henderson-gas-station/?ipid=promo-link-block1

Bell Tower Grey
For clarification, how is the term "mass shooting" described and applied for this thread?
Thanks.
hokiewolf
Bell Tower Grey said:

For clarification, how is the term "mass shooting" described and applied for this thread?
Thanks.
A shooting of more than 4 people that occurs due to ongoing crime/gang activity in NC and large metropolitan US Cities.
wolf howl
Are we leaving out Chicago, Baltimore and Philly? There was 51 shot in just Chicago alone over the Memorial Day weekend.
hokiewolf
wolf howl said:

Are we leaving out Chicago, Baltimore and Philly? There was 51 shot in just Chicago alone over the Memorial Day weekend.
No, by all means, include them
GuerrillaPack
Is the commie Leftist "logic" at play here that a "mass shooting" is "more badder" than a regular shooting, and therefore an even "better" argument for destroying the 2nd Amendment?

Why do they obsess so much on "mass" shootings?
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
cowboypack02
hokiewolf said:

Maybe Wolfer can aggregate this too in his free time:

Over Memorial Day Weekend:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/memorial-day-weekend-marked-dozen-mass-shootings-us-rcna31179

This doesn't include the shooting in Henderson where thankfully no one was seriously hurt.

https://www.wral.com/henderson-gas-station-shootout-caught-on-camera/20307167/

As well as Durham, where there was not much happening. However, this article from April outlines the troubles in Durham.

https://www.wral.com/durham-chief-addresses-recent-shootings-durham-is-not-immune-to-this-continued-trend/20233620/

The crime increases in Durham and Henderson here locally continue to trend out of the areas where there is a regular instance and into areas where shootings aren't a regular instance. Similar to what was seen in Charleston and Chattanooga this weekend.

Its a helluva thing. I took my little girl for a walk in downtown Durham around the performing arts center where the fountain is.

It's was a pretty little area. It's also a shame that folks don't have any common sense
statefan91
statefan91
GuerrillaPack
Reminder....there are ~620,000 abortions in the United States every year. That's ~1,700 unborn children murdered every day.

But communist Leftist chumps don't give one rats arse about those deaths.

They only feign concern for human life to advance their agenda of confiscating your guns, and destroying the Second Amendment.
BBW12OG
GuerrillaPack said:

Reminder....there are ~620,000 abortions in the United States every year. That's ~1,700 unborn children murdered every day.

But communist Leftist chumps don't give one rats arse about those deaths.

They only feign concern for human life to advance their agenda of confiscating your guns, and destroying the Second Amendment.
I agree with most of what you have said. Not everything......

They want to rewrite the Constitution. They have already said as much.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
GuerrillaPack
Bill Cooper predicted what is happening now back in 1991, in his book "Behold A Pale Horse" :

For background, Rolling Stone had a very interesting article on this man a few years ago...a rare instance of the Establishment press letting a little bit of important information "slip" out:

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/william-cooper-conspiracy-theory-711469/

Quote:

The Granddaddy of American Conspiracy Theorists

Decades before QAnon, false flags, "crisis actors" and Alex Jones, there was Milton William Cooper. An exclusive excerpt from 'Pale Horse Rider' by Mark Jacobson

By Mark Jacobsen

[,,,]

Some of Cooper's bestknown predictions appear in Behold a Pale Horse, which runs a densely typed 500 pages. Eight years before the Trench Coat Mafia murders at Columbine High School, Cooper wrote: "The sharp increase of prescriptions of psychoactive drugs like Prozac and Ritalin to younger and younger children will inevitably lead to a rash of horrific school shootings." These incidents, he said, "will be used by elements of the federal government as an excuse to infringe upon the citizenry's Second Amendment rights."

GuerrillaPack
GuerrillaPack said:

Bill Cooper predicted what is happening now back in 1991, in his book "Behold A Pale Horse" :

In green above, "the shooters were all all ex-mental patients or were current mental patients who were ALL ON THE DRUG PROZAC!".

It is a fact that prozac and other "anti-depressant' drugs are psychotropic, mind-altering drugs, that actually INCREASE suicidal thoughts, and cause the person to have hallucinations and extremely violent behavior.

The real cause of the increase in "mass shootings" is the mass drugging of MILLIONS in our population with these mind-altering, dangerous drugs....as well as having a depraved culture that worships death and devalues human life (eg, abortion).

Also, ~98% of "mass shootings" occur in "gun free zones". Because a coward criminal knows he can get away with it there. They don't attempt this at a bank or a courthouse where there are armed security guards, or at a police station.

The same principle applies in the Democrat-run cities with extreme gun control. The cities with the most gun control (disarming the good people) have the highest crime rates.

Moral of the story...criminals attack in locations where they know that good people are disarmed, and they will face no resistance.

https://www.psychreg.org/antidepressants-ssri-mass-shootings/

Quote:

An Uncomfortable Truth: A Look at the Corresponding Rise of Antidepressants, SSRIs, and Mass Shootings

[...]

Seemingly every time a mass shooting occurs, whether it's at a synagogue in Pittsburgh or a nightclub in Orlando, the anti-gun media and politicians have a knee-jerk response they blame the tragedy solely on the tool used, namely firearms, and focus all of their proposed 'solutions' on more laws, ignoring that the murderer already broke numerous laws when they committed their atrocity.

Facts matter when addressing such an emotionally charged topic, and more gun control legislation has shown that law-abiding Americans who own guns are not the problem. Consider the following: The more gun control laws that are passed, the more mass murders have occurred.

Whether or not this is correlation or causation is debatable. What is not debatable is that this sick phenomenon of mass murderers targeting 'gun-free zones,' where they know civilian carry isn't available to law-abiding Americans, is happening. According to the Crime Prevention Research Center, 97.8% of public shootings occur in 'gun-free zones' and 'gun-free zones' are the epitome of the core philosophical tenet of gun control, that laws are all the defense one needs against violence.

Therefore, when the media and politicians focus their ire on guns, specifically what types of guns are used, such as AR-styles, carbines, semi-automatics, and 'high capacity' handguns, in the wake of such tragedies the American public are being intentionally drawn into an emotionally charged debate about legal gun ownership (irrespective of whether the murderer's gun was legally or illegally obtained). This debate leads them away from the elephant in the room and one of the real issues behind mass shootings mental health and prescription drugs.

Ignoring what's going on in the heads of these psychopaths not only allows mass shootings to continue, it leads to misguided gun control laws that violate the Second Amendment and negate the rights of law-abiding US citizens. As Jeff Snyder put it in The Washington Times: 'But to ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow.'

Violence, especially random violence, is a complex manifestation of various thoughts, feelings, and external factors. When a multivariate analysis of these factors is conducted, it becomes apparent that it's not just mental health issues that are leading to such an increase. There may be an underlying substance which plays a role in a high percentage of these violent acts the use of prescription antidepressants, specifically selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, or SSRIs.

At first glance, it makes sense that those involved in mass shootings may be taking antidepressants, as they're obviously suffering from some sort of mental health issue. But the issue with SSRIs runs much deeper than just a random mental health break. These drugs are a prescription for violent crimes, and that's a story the anti-gun media and politicians don't want to talk about.
BBW12OG
It can't be true...right???

Honestly.....are the lefties really trying to throw the midterms to get a further left candidate in 2024???

Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
GuerrillaPack
Very interesting thoughts here...going back to the "prediction" by Bill Cooper (and others) of the plans by the government to stage/cause these mass shootings.

Bell Tower Grey
https://www.witn.com/2022/06/05/police-2-dead-several-wounded-philadelphia-shooting/
Bell Tower Grey
https://abc7chicago.com/mass-shooting-phoenix-2022-strip-mall-in-at/11929216/
Bell Tower Grey
https://abc7chicago.com/chattanooga-tennessee-shooting-2022-mass/11929817/
WPNfamily
The lack of acknowledgement from the left about Chicago and DC Gun violence astounds me. Shouldn't but it does.
BBW12OG
WPNfamily said:

The lack of acknowledgement from the left about Chicago and DC Gun violence astounds me. Shouldn't but it does.
Wonder why that is?

I refrained from posting on here but with the number of mass shootings that occur every weekend if not nightly in left run cities and have for decades you would think the gun issue would be more of a point of interest to them than every two years and only when the assailant is a white male.

Where is the outrage about the mass shooting that occurred in Philadelphia last night? I didn't see ANY of the lefty posters even mention that one yet. Wonder why?

Here is an interesting statistic I ran across and felt the need to share it with Chem, Glass, Hokie, Plasma ( who should be banned ), Civ and the rest of the lefty brigade.

Please, explain why these cities push the United States of America from 189th to 3rd in the world for homicide rates. What possibly could they ALL have in common. I'll hang up and watch this be ignored because it doesn't fit their narratives.

Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
BBW12OG
Here we go.... Let's do a rundown of the "mass shootings" in America this weekend.

Then, let's cross reference what they ALL have in common. Then tell me we have a "gun control" issue in this country.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/05/us/chattanooga-tennessee-shooting/index.html

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/05/us/philadelphia-south-street-shooting/index.html

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/chicago-weekend-shootings-1-dead-at-least-16-hurt-in-gun-violence/2850071/

Here is a summary of some of the "mass shootings" from the weekend.

https://www.axios.com/2022/06/05/mass-shootings-weekend-killed

Go ahead... explain to me what the similarities are in EVERY SINGLE ONE of these incidents.

Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
Bell Tower Grey
Durham still going strong this weekend

https://www.cbs17.com/news/local-news/durham-county-news/3-seriously-injured-in-shooting-outside-strip-club-in-durham-county/
BBW12OG
And the more you look the more you find.... but they ALL seem to have the same common denominator.

What ever could that be?

https://www.cbs17.com/news/south/1-dead-12-injured-in-shootout-and-shooting-at-graduation-parties-in-virginia-and-texas/

A culture that sees nothing wrong with this type of behavior because they are never held accountable for it will never change.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
hokiewolf
"Please, explain why these cities push the United States of America from 189th to 3rd in the world for homicide rates. What possibly could they ALL have in common. I'll hang up and watch this be ignored because it doesn't fit their narratives."

I did, a couple of days ago. You should maybe go back and read that post.
Originator of the Tony Adams Scale
BBW12OG
hokiewolf said:

"Please, explain why these cities push the United States of America from 189th to 3rd in the world for homicide rates. What possibly could they ALL have in common. I'll hang up and watch this be ignored because it doesn't fit their narratives."

I'll break my promise of not responding to you.

You posted a somewhat reasonable reply without addressing the core issue at hand. Typical.

Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
hokiewolf
BBW12OG said:

hokiewolf said:

You posted a somewhat reasonable reply without addressing the core issue at hand. Typical.

what's the core issue for you that wasn't addressed?

I thought I addressed the following:
1. The gun laws are being ignored
2. They are being ignored because of the center left political belief (based on data) that policing gun crime is skewed toward African American males.

Those two items cause all sorts of offsets - degradation of the family unit, a generational continuance in poverty, repeat offenders, drug use, a cycle that continues and continues.

Even with your example of Gulliani in NY, yes he made NYC safer, but did it break the cycle? If the fix can be undone within 20 years then the problem wasn't addressed.

I just think the solution is more complex then what anyone is willing to give ground on politically. That goes for both the right and the left.

But you are 100% correct, it's an issue that is ignored. I don't really understand why it's ignored either policy wise. It seems the sam band aids are applied to the amputation. No one of authority wants to have an honest conversation. Because it's not because of equity, it's not about racism.

To me it's about hope, for whatever reason a lot of people who grow up in that portion of society have lost hope. And that's pretty darn frustrating
PackFansXL
Quote:

Even with your example of Gulliani in NY, yes he made NYC safer, but did it break the cycle? If the fix can be undone within 20 years then the problem wasn't addressed.

I just think the solution is more complex then what anyone is willing to give ground on politically. That goes for both the right and the left.
I disagree with your comment regarding 20 years. Look at the damage done to the reputations of the FBI, CDC, and FDA just in the past 3 to 5 years. Without continuous work for improvement, entropy replaces order.

What are the useful steps leading to real solutions?
PackFansXL
Quote:

But you are 100% correct, it's an issue that is ignored. I don't really understand why it's ignored either policy wise. It seems the same band aids are applied to the amputation. No one of authority wants to have an honest conversation. Because it's not because of equity, it's not about racism.

To me it's about hope, for whatever reason a lot of people who grow up in that portion of society have lost hope. And that's pretty darn frustrating
The most frustrating aspect of that issue is those who seek to gain political power using race, equity, and CRT principles to alienate and discourage while teaching there are no solutions tried or provided in this country. Teach kids about the successes of the American dream, the value of hard work and delayed gratification, and offer truckloads of encouragement and a tug back on their feet when they slip up. Everyone needs heroes to follow and reminders to choose right from wrong.
Packchem91
hokiewolf said:

BBW12OG said:

hokiewolf said:

2. They are being ignored because of the center left political belief (based on data) that policing gun crime is skewed toward African American males.

Those two items cause all sorts of offsets - degradation of the family unit, a generational continuance in poverty, repeat offenders, drug use, a cycle that continues and continues.

But you are 100% correct, it's an issue that is ignored. I don't really understand why it's ignored either policy wise. It seems the sam band aids are applied to the amputation. No one of authority wants to have an honest conversation. Because it's not because of equity, it's not about racism.

It is ignored because the people being killed don't matter in the political or financial world. It's poor people mostly loosely, if not directly, involved in crime or gangs.

If/when it spills over into more affluent areas - like last night in Philly - it will get more focus
hokiewolf
PackFansXL said:

Quote:

I disagree with your comment regarding 20 years. Look at the damage done to the reputations of the FBI, CDC, and FDA just in the past 3 to 5 years. Without continuous work for improvement, entropy replaces order.

What are the useful steps leading to real solutions?
I don't have a good answer for you. I've started reading Tony Mills, He's been writing some interesting stuff on the topic

https://www.aei.org/profile/tony-mills/#work
hokiewolf
Packchem91 said:

hokiewolf said:

BBW12OG said:

hokiewolf said:

It is ignored because the people being killed don't matter in the political or financial world. It's poor people mostly loosely, if not directly, involved in crime or gangs.

If/when it spills over into more affluent areas - like last night in Philly - it will get more focus
no it won't. It'll be prominent for a week at most and then it will fade to black again.
Packchem91
hokiewolf said:

Packchem91 said:

hokiewolf said:

BBW12OG said:

hokiewolf said:

no it won't. It'll be prominent for a week at most and then it will fade to black again.

Oh sure…we're at a point where all these are short term news cycle. Buffalo isn't even discussed much anymore already
But it's not a lead story for even a day of it we're in the typical poor neighborhood on philly

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.