Pack 9 Recruiting

171,893 Views | 734 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by JCooke93
ScoobyWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ScoobyWolf
ScoobyWolf
chippertorry

#1 and #10 both of Ledford HS committed to NC State

#5 and #9 both NC State commits as well
Wolfer79

78wilsonpack
I'm guessing - and one of you that is closer to this than I am can confirm - that Villaman never steps foot on campus. I'm assuming he is a likely round one or two draft prospect.
Struttingwolf96
I saw on Twitter where FB Will Butcher signed his LOI with the Pack on Friday. Only ones left to sign are NC high school P's Villaman, Pace, & Walston, right?
CLTWolf
Struttingwolf96 said:

I saw on Twitter where FB Will Butcher signed his LOI with the Pack on Friday. Only ones left to sign are NC high school P's Villaman, Pace, & Walston, right?

Walston and Pace signed. Villaman will get drafted and sign. Don't get your hopes up with him. He's probably signed a LOI as well but it won't matter.
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
Struttingwolf96
Ok, thanks.
JCooke93
Everyone in the 2019 Class has Signed there National Letters
3rdGenPacker
I'd be surprised if Villaman ends up on campus. He's looking like a high draft pick. I've heard the Pace family is interested to see where Austin gets drafted as well. I've heard the same about the Torres kid from up north.

Neese, Highfill and Willadsen are all very good 2 way players, will be interesting to see where they end up playing.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
metcalfmafia
Wolfer79 said:

Brother to Garrett Walston, who we recruited at TE?
CLTWolf
metcalfmafia said:

Wolfer79 said:

Brother to Garrett Walston, who we recruited at TE?
Correct.
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
ScoobyWolf

ScoobyWolf

2020 recruit
EthanBarry
Staff
Blake Walston projected 34th overall in the most recent Fangraphs mock draft
southwolf
EthanBarry said:

Really hoping we can get atleast 2 of the 3 pitchers on campus between Walston, Villaman and Pace.

CLTWolf
southwolf said:

EthanBarry said:

Really hoping we can get atleast 2 of the 3 pitchers on campus between Walston, Villaman and Pace.

I wish.
Walston is supposedly going to be a tough sign but the way he keeps moving up rankings and draft boards is concerning. Hopefully he just really wants to go to college.
There's not much out there on Pace and the draft. Would love to get that tall lanky dude to Raleigh.
Villaman...man I wish. Ain't happening.
3rdGenPacker
Willadsen should end up on campus, although he'll get drafted but don't know how high. He's going to be special. Was just named Player of the Year in the SWAC for the 2nd straight year, arguably the best overall baseball conference in the state. He had several no-hitters this year. Already throws in the low 90's and has a great curve.

He may end up being the best pitcher in the class other than Walston.
southwolf
CLTWolf said:

southwolf said:

EthanBarry said:

I wish.
Walston is supposedly going to be a tough sign but the way he keeps moving up rankings and draft boards is concerning. Hopefully he just really wants to go to college.
There's not much out there on Pace and the draft. Would love to get that tall lanky dude to Raleigh.
Villaman gone no matter what? I've seen him on a lot of boards but not as much buzz as what Walston has been getting lately even though hes been consistently been ranked the top player in NC

I've seen CJ Reese on a couple big boards as well, would love to have 6'4" SS covering the middle
CLTWolf
southwolf said:

CLTWolf said:

southwolf said:

EthanBarry said:

I wish.
Villaman gone no matter what? I've seen him on a lot of boards but not as much buzz as what Walston has been getting lately even though hes been consistently been ranked the top player in NC

I've seen CJ Reese on a couple big boards as well, would love to have 6'4" SS covering the middle

Educated guess (emphasis on GUESS lol) is that Villaman will be a goner. Big ol lefties that bring gas and doesn't seem to have signability issues doesn't usually make it to college.

A contact in GSO has told me that Reese should get to campus. Never know what happens tho when that bonus gets dangled in front of you. Lol.
JCooke93
Maybe a surprise after the Draft Lol
southwolf
Tonights the night. Looks like Walston is the only recruit we'll see get drafted tonight, most likely in the 2nd rd
James Henderson
Staff
CLTWolf said:

southwolf said:

EthanBarry said:

I wish.
That kid is a game-changer.

I actually liked him a lot as a quarterback when I watched him as a junior.
CLTWolf
James Henderson said:

CLTWolf said:

southwolf said:

EthanBarry said:

I wish.

I played ball at Louisburg College with two dudes that played at New Hanover back in the day. One of them swears by this kid and says that he thinks he really wants to go to college. Would be amazing, if true.
The more I read up on Villaman now, I'm not sure he's a slam dunk early pick and sign. Seems like he's been up and down this spring. He and Walston would be a really nice start.
BigLefty24
As I mentioned in the other thread, the folks from New Hanover I talked with this past weekend at the state championship games all say that Walston is going to be a TOUGH sign for a pro team because he really wants to go to State.

Now, I love State and all, but if I'm getting top 50 draft money, all you suckers can kiss my ass. LOL
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*
*Please respect my decision*
*Recruitment still open 110%*

CLTWolf
BigLefty24 said:

As I mentioned in the other thread, the folks from New Hanover I talked with this past weekend at the state championship games all say that Walston is going to be a TOUGH sign for a pro team because he really wants to go to State.

Now, I love State and all, but if I'm getting top 50 draft money, all you suckers can kiss my ass. LOL

Yeah. If my kid is a pitcher and is looking at a 7 figure bonus...he gone.
southwolf
CLTWolf said:

James Henderson said:

CLTWolf said:

southwolf said:

EthanBarry said:

I wish.

I played ball at Louisburg College with two dudes that played at New Hanover back in the day. One of them swears by this kid and says that he thinks he really wants to go to college. Would be amazing, if true.
The more I read up on Villaman now, I'm not sure he's a slam dunk early pick and sign. Seems like he's been up and down this spring. He and Walston would be a really nice start.
Yeah BA has Villaman ranked #408 on their board, huge drop from pre-spring boards.

Fastball velocity being the biggest concern...... went from 90-93 mph down to mid 80's and some scouts even reporting low 80's
metcalfmafia
Any instant impact position players? Seems that we always have at least one freshman in the lineup.
CLTWolf
metcalfmafia said:

Any instant impact position players? Seems that we always have at least one freshman in the lineup.

I wonder if Noah Soles (OF Ledford HS) could play CF to allow Tyler McDonough to move to 2B.

Soles is a kid that could apparently get drafted late. I'm seeing him on lots of potential draft picks out of NC lists lately.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.