Pack 9 Recruiting

170,587 Views | 728 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by ClePack
CLTWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
JCooke (or anyone else)- Heard anything more about transfers or JUCOs for next year?

We've got 4 JUCOs committed from what I can tell, 2 pitchers, an OF from Louisburg College and another OF from Palomar College (CA).

What I know so far...

SS Josh Hood - transfer from Penn
RHP Logan Adams- JUCO (from Wilmington)
RHP Justin Lawson- JUCO (from Louisiana)
OF Trendon Craig- JUCO Louisburg College stud
OF/1B Brady Lavoie- JUCO Palomar College

Do we know of any other JUCOs or transfers to this point?
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
JCooke93
No I haven't
JCooke93
13 incoming Fr and 5 Jco transfers as of right now
TraCha4
We will be losing a lot. What's the overall analysis of talent level next year? I watch and keep up with State baseball but I admit not to the level of football or basketball. I know nothing about our recruits coming in.
CLTWolf
TraCha4 said:

We will be losing a lot. What's the overall analysis of talent level next year? I watch and keep up with State baseball but I admit not to the level of football or basketball. I know nothing about our recruits coming in.

We're most certainly gonna lose 2-3 to the draft. Khalil Watson will be a first round pick, Payton Green could get selected high but I've read a couple references to Green being a tough sign and wants to attend college. Tommy White is on just about every top 150-200 draft list. There's also been some talk of him having signability issues as well. There's some concern about what position he'll ultimately play as well that could cause him to drop. Kid can mash tho.

There's a C coming in, Jacob Cozart that's got a big reputation. His dad is the HC at High Point and his older bro plays at unc.

We've got Trot Nixon's kid coming in as well. Chase's senior year was canceled by COVID so he's doing a post grad season at Pro 5 in Holly Springs and got the offer from State.

Gonna have to hit the transfers and JUCOs hard to fill spots.
JCooke93
Just found a Pitcher named Jacob Widener on the Martinsville Mustangs Roster for this summer they have him listed as a FR
wolfpack1437
Next year will be a test of the staff's ability to basically build a roster from scratch. At least they will have a few starting pitchers to stabilize things
CLTWolf
JCooke93 said:

Just found a Pitcher named Jacob Widener on the Martinsville Mustangs Roster for this summer they have him listed as a FR

Nice. He's the 2nd player from Palomar along with the Lavoie kid.
TraCha4
Thank you for that update. Sounds like there is still work to do on building the roster.
wilmwolf
I wonder if the short draft last year will have a ripple effect of more guys choosing to come to school since there will be more experienced guys being drafted. Maybe it's the opposite. Who knows. Just seems the short draft and free year is going to continue to affect rosters for a few years.
CLTWolf
Another short draft could/should have some JUCOs looking for a home that were perhaps hoping to get drafted but weren't. It could/should free up some transfer options with the draft eligible and /or super seniors looking for a new home as well.

Hart/Avent are also pretty good at the late additions like Tyler McDonough and Devonte Brown recently. Preston Palmiero was another not too long ago.
JCooke93
Josh hood is going to be playing in Holly Springs NC till he goes up to the Cap Cod League
JCooke93
Yes sir
pack2010
we have 6 juco kids committed, per TOS. Not quite sure who the last is, but looks like we know 5 of the names. i would bet we add either another juco, or another transfer or two.

Soles, Trey Truitt, and Trendon Craig will be a very solid OF assuming everyone is on campus. Gotta assume a couple of the infield spots are Hood and Falsken with the other spots up for grab. Eisert was a big recruit and had big time numbers, hopefully he is ready to play. Popcorn ready!
CLTWolf
pack2010 said:

we have 6 juco kids committed, per TOS. Not quite sure who the last is, but looks like we know 5 of the names. i would bet we add either another juco, or another transfer or two.

Soles, Trey Truitt, and Trendon Craig will be a very solid OF assuming everyone is on campus. Gotta assume a couple of the infield spots are Hood and Falsken with the other spots up for grab. Eisert was a big recruit and had big time numbers, hopefully he is ready to play. Popcorn ready!
If you believe the ECU folks, Truitt had a bunch of big offers out of HS. I just hope that Craig makes it to campus and doesn't get drafted early. I played at Louisburg but haven't really stayed connected to the program but some ex-teammates that have tell me he's legit, like really good legit.

I assume the Lavoie kid from Palomar will play first though he played a lot of RF in JUCO.

Does JT Jarrett stick around or does he go play for his dad? If he leaves does Falsken move over to 2nd? Do we bring in a transfer/JUCO there if JT does leave?

So many questions.

wolfpack1437
^^I'm not sold on the fact that many guys from this year's team (who haven't been playing) are shoo-ins for starting spots. Lots of guys given chances when the team was struggling and none could help. I think if EA thought they could have, they would have been playing more during that stretch.
I have absolutely no inside info but it wouldn't surprise me if we see a guy or 2 that you mentioned transfer out. The roster spots will be a wide open competition and there is definitely no guarantee the staff feels like anyone is good enough not to recruit over
CLTWolf
wolfpack1437 said:

^^I'm not sold on the fact that many guys from this year's team (who haven't been playing) are shoo-ins for starting spots. Lots of guys given chances when the team was struggling and none could help. I think if EA thought they could have, they would have been playing more during that stretch.
I have absolutely no inside info but it wouldn't surprise me if we see a guy or 2 that you mentioned transfer out. The roster spots will be a wide open competition and there is definitely no guarantee the staff feels like anyone is good enough not to recruit over
Who are you talking about specifically?

Soles, Falsken or Eisert? Those were the only kids currently on the roster (eligible) anyone has listed (at least me or 2010). Falsken and Eisert are true FR. Noah Soles looked damn good as a true FR last year and unfortunately, he's playing behind some studs in the OF.

I don't think anyone has said anything about "shoo-ins" to start, maybe I'm missing a post or two. I think we're all just throwing around names at this point.

pack2010
wolfpack1437 said:

oh i can't argue that, but lets just be real offensively- the only "spots" up for grabs this year were MAYBE Soles in the outfield and Tyler Mc to 2nd or maybe Brown to 3rd sitting either Jarrett for Mensik.

Tresh, Murr, Torres, Butler, Tyler Mc, D Brown were all 100% locks every day. Tatum wasn't losing his spot and the offense was never really an issue so it was going to be tough to get them to change the lineup. Pitching wise, agreed.

Anyone know what happened with some of the arms? Sipple has a couple nice outings and doesn't throw again. Cooper King the same. Logan Bender throws 1 inning all year (granted he has struggled, but he still has great stuff). Garrett Payne has some swing and miss stuff but didn't throw until late in the year. Miriala throws late in the year only. Were those guys hurt? A couple of those guys might be decent
wolfpack1437
I wasn't responding to your post. It was 2010's. I would prefer not to name names. Not trying to start rumors. I never said he said shoo-in, just noting that the guys on this year's roster certainly aren't
wolfpack1437
pack2010 said:

wolfpack1437 said:

oh i can't argue that, but lets just be real offensively- the only "spots" up for grabs this year were MAYBE Soles in the outfield and Tyler Mc to 2nd or maybe Brown to 3rd sitting either Jarrett for Mensik.

Tresh, Murr, Torres, Butler, Tyler Mc, D Brown were all 100% locks every day. Tatum wasn't losing his spot and the offense was never really an issue so it was going to be tough to get them to change the lineup. Pitching wise, agreed.

Anyone know what happened with some of the arms? Sipple has a couple nice outings and doesn't throw again. Cooper King the same. Logan Bender throws 1 inning all year (granted he has struggled, but he still has great stuff). Garrett Payne has some swing and miss stuff but didn't throw until late in the year. Miriala throws late in the year only. Were those guys hurt? A couple of those guys might be decent
I wonder about the pitching as well. Not sure if all those dudes were hurt or not. Got to think if they weren't we would have at least given them a few shots considering our lack of depth
CLTWolf
wolfpack1437 said:

I wasn't responding to your post. It was 2010's. I would prefer not to name names. Not trying to start rumors. I never said he said shoo-in, just noting that the guys on this year's roster certainly aren't
I know exactly who you were responding to. 2010 and I used the same names so I just find it interesting that you won't say who you're talking about. You aren't going to hurt anyone's feelings by saying you don't think someone may not start next year. Pretty sure we're all just speculating here.

Interesting take, for sure.
JCooke93
Have a very good fr class as well if they get in campus
pack2010
CLTWolf said:

wolfpack1437 said:

I know exactly who you were responding to. 2010 and I used the same names so I just find it interesting that you won't say who you're talking about. You aren't going to hurt anyone's feelings by saying you don't think someone may not start next year. Pretty sure we're all just speculating here.

Interesting take, for sure.

Agreed. Have to assume the staff likes falsken a decent amount because they gave him a start at SS and rested Torres. Previously they have moved Mensik to SS, brown to 3rd and inserted a DH or Soles in RF. Either way, eisert was our highest rated commit for 2020 with great measurables. Of course I don't think any of those guys are locks, or close to it, but if they stick around they'll have a good shot to play high level baseball here due to the openings.

But, the arms are definitely interesting and I wish we knew. Some of those young guys flashed
pack2010
JCooke93 said:

Have a very good fr class as well if they get in campus

If we can somehow get Tommy white on campus, although unlikely, he probably gets a good shot at 1st. The SS from Raleigh and the C have opportunities for early PT too
CLTWolf
pack2010 said:

wolfpack1437 said:

Jarrett and Mensik were always going to play b/c of defense and their bunting ability at the bottom of the order (sounds weird out loud), IMO. Just like having Tyler in center for his defense out there. JT had 1 error all year coming into the FSU series before making his 2nd. Vojtech was damn good himself committing only 3 errors going into the Pitt series, committing one and then 2 last weekend.

As for the FR arms, I just don't know that they were ready. At least Miralia and Payne probably weren't, IMO. We did see King a good bit so I wonder if he had some arm trouble late to explain why he went ghost.

I kept thinking we'd see Ingle more as he looked pretty good as well in his limited innings.

I feel like I had heard Bender was hurt but I could be making that up. But not having Silver, Nelson or Pace definitely hurt along with losing Klyman (though he was not good when he pitched this year) and Harrison.
pack2010
Cotter was a big loss as well on the mound. In his limited innings he looks like a very solid ACC pitcher
CLTWolf
pack2010 said:

Cotter was a big loss as well on the mound. In his limited innings he looks like a very solid ACC pitcher
No doubt. He was starting to really step it up too. That one inning against Wake in the ACC tourney 2 years ago was good sht.
pack2010
CLTWolf said:

pack2010 said:

If you believe the ECU folks, Truitt had a bunch of big offers out of HS. I just hope that Craig makes it to campus and doesn't get drafted early. I played at Louisburg but haven't really stayed connected to the program but some ex-teammates that have tell me he's legit, like really good legit.

I assume the Lavoie kid from Palomar will play first though he played a lot of RF in JUCO.

Does JT Jarrett stick around or does he go play for his dad? If he leaves does Falsken move over to 2nd? Do we bring in a transfer/JUCO there if JT does leave?

So many questions.

Forgot to reply to this post. Have you seen Craigs numbers? They are nuts good. Looks like instant impact
CLTWolf
pack2010 said:

CLTWolf said:

pack2010 said:

So many questions.

Forgot to reply to this post. Have you seen Craigs numbers? They are nuts good. Looks like instant impact
STUD

Louisburg has a couple dudes this year. They have a bounce back from South Carolina, little second baseman, that is killing it (Jonah Beamon). They have a C from NJ who's numbers are as good as Craig's. His brother played at Miami for a bit.

wilmwolf
I feel like most of the time in baseball when I'm not sure about what we'll have the next year, the staff comes through. Like I thought it was going to be really hard to replace Evan Edwards at first base because we really didn't have anyone on the roster, and they bring in Murr who has been fantastic. They'll find some dudes.
pack2010
CLTWolf said:

pack2010 said:

CLTWolf said:

pack2010 said:

So many questions.

STUD

Louisburg has a couple dudes this year. They have a bounce back from South Carolina, little second baseman, that is killing it (Jonah Beamon). They have a C from NJ who's numbers are as good as Craig's. His brother played at Miami for a bit.

yeah that catcher has crazy numbers, as does that 2nd baseman. Dang, i'd take a shot on both of those dudes to go with Craig (I know it wont happen but still). Any idea where those guys are headed?
CLTWolf
pack2010 said:

CLTWolf said:

pack2010 said:

CLTWolf said:

pack2010 said:

So many questions.

STUD

yeah that catcher has crazy numbers, as does that 2nd baseman. Dang, i'd take a shot on both of those dudes to go with Craig (I know it wont happen but still). Any idea where those guys are headed?
I don't. I assume Beamon will end up somewhere but I haven't seen anything showing as to where yet.

*edited to add that I was just told that Beamon's brother is going to Liberty next year. Maybe Jonah follows him?

The catcher I think is a true FR and I don't know if he was qualified out of HS or not.
curmudgeon.zen
Can anyone give a rundown of which players from this year's lineup are/aren't expected back next year?? Between the extra covid eligibility and the draft rules, I'm not entirely sure what to expect.
Log off. Go outside.
CLTWolf
curmudgeon.zen said:

Can anyone give a rundown of which players from this year's lineup are/aren't expected back next year?? Between the extra covid eligibility and the draft rules, I'm not entirely sure what to expect.
Expected to be gone from the starting lineup:
Everyone but JT Jarrett. haha

JCooke93
I could see JT at 2B/DH if he comes back

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.