Pack 9 Recruiting

171,874 Views | 734 Replies | Last: 34 min ago by JCooke93
JCooke93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I could see Nixon 1B/DH
JCooke93
Also if green gets on campus 2B/SS and Hood at 3B/SS/2B
JCooke93
And if Tommy White Gets on Campus 3B/1B
JCooke93
And I could see C.Falsken30 Maybe SS or move to the OF and E.Eisert11 1B/2B/SS/3B/LF/RF
JCooke93
And if Giles comes back 1B/3B
JCooke93
Catcher J.Cozart and B.Behmer5 if he comes back
JCooke93
CF T.Truitt LF T.Craig and RF B.Lavoie
Glasswolf
CLTWolf said:

curmudgeon.zen said:

Can anyone give a rundown of which players from this year's lineup are/aren't expected back next year?? Between the extra covid eligibility and the draft rules, I'm not entirely sure what to expect.
Expected to be gone from the starting lineup:
Everyone but JT Jarrett. haha

You are pretty much spot on
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

89_Grad
Where did Tillery come from? After performance last night and in game 3 vs. FSU last week, wondering how he ended up on roster. Didn't notice a mention on this thread...
CLTWolf
89_Grad said:

Where did Tillery come from? After performance last night and in game 3 vs. FSU last week, wondering how he ended up on roster. Didn't notice a mention on this thread...

He's from Georgia.
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
mckbmj
Not sure why it's not letting me quote a reply, but I've seen here and TOS that we're in for a complete rebuild. Can I ask why? Draft? Transfer?
CLTWolf
mckbmj said:

Not sure why it's not letting me quote a reply, but I've seen here and TOS that we're in for a complete rebuild. Can I ask why? Draft? Transfer?

Draft mainly.

Tresh
McDonough
Torres
Butler

Those guys should be picked fairly high.

Murr and Brown will probably get picked late and Mensik could get picked as well, if not I would assume he just signs as a FA since he's considered an international player.

JT Jarrett is about the only position player that could/should return.

We do return a lot of pitching tho and hopefully get a good number of the injured back healthy. Just gotta find some guys to play in the field. Haha
pack2010
CLTWolf said:

mckbmj said:

Draft mainly.

Tresh
McDonough
Torres
Butler

Those guys should be picked fairly high.

Murr and Brown will probably get picked late and Mensik could get picked as well, if not I would assume he just signs as a FA since he's considered an international player.

JT Jarrett is about the only position player that could/should return.

We do return a lot of pitching tho and hopefully get a good number of the injured back healthy. Just gotta find some guys to play in the field. Haha

I think Brown and Murr will be drafted in the top 10-12 rounds, which is fairly high, IMO. I actually think Brown might go before Butler because of his tools. But point stands. Likely losing 8 guys from the everyday lineup. Hood and Jarrett up the middle next year but besides that, who knows.
wilmwolf
I don't think it's a given that Jarrett will be here next year. He's played four years here. He may want to move on to coaching, or maybe chooses to play his covid year for his dad. Who knows. I certainly hope he plays another year here, but at this point, I consider every position in the lineup to be a question next year. We'll have to see what guys decide and where they are drafted.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
FlockaWolf
I'd be surprised if Soles did not start next year. I was surprised he didn't get more at bats this year.
JCooke93
We Have some good Fr and Juco players coming in
Trickynic1
JC how high is our Class ranked. We've got 3 good weekend starters returning!
CLTWolf
Trickynic1 said:

JC how high is our Class ranked. We've got 3 good weekend starters returning!
Perfect Game has the 2021 class ranked 19th nationally. There are 7 ACC teams ranked in the top 19 but those will adjust as kids drafted sign and not end up in those classes.
JCooke93
7 Fr Pitcher's
Ripper
BTT

Anyone have the latest updated info on our recruits for next year?
JCooke93
Yes
pack2010
couple updates i've seen from our kids not currently in omaha in summer leagues.

Josh Hood is hitting .293 in 11 games, 41 ABs. 4 HRs, 2 doubles and a triple. In the CPL. Likely starting SS next year

Jaco Widener is pitching in the CPL and has thrown 13.2 innings 19 Ks, 12 walks, 11 hits, 3.85 ERA. Definite strike out stuff here, seemingly needs to harness it some.

Chase Nixon is hitting .310 in 10 games, 29 ABs. Only 1 extra base hit, a double, but also only 4 Ks so making contact. In the CPL.

Trey Truitt is playing in the northwest league and has played in 12 games. in 46 ABs he is hitting .326 with 2 doubles and 2 triples with 4 SBs. He has a walked 12 times to 13 Ks and is sporting a .475 OBP. Also, he is listed at 6'2 215 lbs, so he should be an imposing player for us. I would bet on him starting in a corner OF spot
Deej
I thought Torres is not eligible to be drafted since he is only a freshman. Am I missing something here?
wilmwolf
He is or will be 21 by the time of the draft.

"Players at four-year colleges and universities are eligible three years after first enrolling in such an institution, or after their 21st birthdays (whichever occurs first)."
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
CLTWolf
Deej said:

I thought Torres is not eligible to be drafted since he is only a freshman. Am I missing something here?

Technically he's a draft eligible sophomore since he is or will be 21 by a certain date before the draft.

High school seniors, junior college players (first or second year), third year college players and any kid that's 21 by or on a certain date by the draft are eligible. Tyler McDonough was a draft eligible sophomore last year.
AlleyPack
Two questions:

-- Are all of our spots/scholarships for next year already filled?
-- Are there any top JUCO players who are still undecided in terms of their D1 destinations? (assuming they aren't going pro)
Is there a website that tracks such players?

I'm just wondering if this CWS appearance will give us a boost with any undecided JUCO players -- especially of the offensive variety, since we're gonna need some hitters next year.

Thanks
Deej
Thanks for clarifying fellas
sportsrevolutionboyd
pack2010 said:

couple updates i've seen from our kids not currently in omaha in summer leagues.

Josh Hood is hitting .293 in 11 games, 41 ABs. 4 HRs, 2 doubles and a triple. In the CPL. Likely starting SS next year

Jaco Widener is pitching in the CPL and has thrown 13.2 innings 19 Ks, 12 walks, 11 hits, 3.85 ERA. Definite strike out stuff here, seemingly needs to harness it some.

Chase Nixon is hitting .310 in 10 games, 29 ABs. Only 1 extra base hit, a double, but also only 4 Ks so making contact. In the CPL.

Trey Truitt is playing in the northwest league and has played in 12 games. in 46 ABs he is hitting .326 with 2 doubles and 2 triples with 4 SBs. He has a walked 12 times to 13 Ks and is sporting a .475 OBP. Also, he is listed at 6'2 215 lbs, so he should be an imposing player for us. I would bet on him starting in a corner OF spot
There was talk of Hood going to the Cape Cod league soon, but it hasn't happened yet. He has been playing well for the Salamanders.
JCooke93
It happened yesterday he was heading up to the Cap Cod
EthanBarry
Staff
https://www.mlb.com/news/draft-combine-batting-leaders-day-1

Some Tommy White numbers and video in here. He's very impressive, although as a right handed power bat as a corner infielder (probably first base only) it's a tough profile in pro ball
CLTWolf
EthanBarry said:

https://www.mlb.com/news/draft-combine-batting-leaders-day-1

Some Tommy White numbers and video in here. He's very impressive, although as a right handed power bat as a corner infielder (probably first base only) it's a tough profile in pro ball
Man I'd love to see him mashin' balls in college for 3 years. He's a top 10 round kid though and will sign, I'm sure.

pack2010
Commit Peyton Green is at #156 overall too. No idea if either end up on campus, but would be a coup.
CLTWolf
pack2010 said:

Commit Peyton Green is at #156 overall too. No idea if either end up on campus, but would be a coup.
Payton Green is a weird one. I've read a couple places that the word is he wants to attend college but money is hard to pass up when it's right there. 3 years in college would probably be best for him (and most HS kids).

pack2010
CLTWolf said:

pack2010 said:

Payton Green is a weird one. I've read a couple places that the word is he wants to attend college but money is hard to pass up when it's right there. 3 years in college would probably be best for him (and most HS kids).

knew he was good, real good, but that's top 3-5 round range. didn't realize he was THAT good. hopefully we can pull him to campus
CLTWolf
pack2010 said:

CLTWolf said:

pack2010 said:

knew he was good, real good, but that's top 3-5 round range. didn't realize he was THAT good. hopefully we can pull him to campus
I'll follow up (and I meant to post this earlier, as well) that I was listening to someone on the radio (can't remember who for the life of me, maybe Ben McDonald) saying that MLB would like to take less HS kids in the draft b/c so many are not ready for pro ball at all. They'd much rather pick them from college. In the 5 rounds last year only 47 HS kids were selected. I read something else from Baseball America that showed the trend of picking HS kids going down by a good amount. The data was from 2019 and back.

Having said all that, maybe we can get lucky and get kids like Tommy White and Payton Green in to school for 2-3 years. That would be huge if so.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.