Pack 9 Recruiting and Portal News

235,522 Views | 1273 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by StateFan2001
Pbacker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Tweet has been deleted. Was this a commitment?
CLTWolf
Pbacker said:

Wasn't deleted for me? I just looked at it again.

Says "Next Chapter" and then he tagged the NC State baseball tweeters account. I assume so.

JCooke93
The guys are very happy about it on Instagram
JCooke93
Things are getting very interesting that's for sure
JCooke93
And he just followed coach Robinson
metcalfmafia
pack2010 said:

gabeezzell04 said:

nice get. him and hogue in the corner OF will be very nice (he played LF at campbell, but that is what i am basing it on). good speed (20 sb) and power (.554 slugging) numbers
Yeah wonder if he is a Serrano replacement. Still holding out hope Serrano gives us one more year in CF, but he was trending up there at the end.
78wilsonpack
CLTWolf said:

Pbacker said:

Wasn't deleted for me? I just looked at it again.

Says "Next Chapter" and then he tagged the NC State baseball tweeters account. I assume so.

If you google his name an article from ON3 pops up and it has him as committing to us
pack2010
metcalfmafia said:

pack2010 said:

gabeezzell04 said:

nice get. him and hogue in the corner OF will be very nice (he played LF at campbell, but that is what i am basing it on). good speed (20 sb) and power (.554 slugging) numbers
Yeah wonder if he is a Serrano replacement. Still holding out hope Serrano gives us one more year in CF, but he was trending up there at the end.

him and fritton are 2 guys i would love to get back, and i think they could both improve their stocks. i dont expect it, but you never know.

butterworth is also a fringe guy (IMO), but with no leverage after this year, i would expect him to leave if he is drafted.
pack2010
side note- but does anyone else think the baseball portal is the most exciting? with SO many good players, from all levels, and basically no intel on them, these seemingly random players pop up all the time. fun to try to follow compared to football and bball where its mostly about $$
JCooke93
So Gupton is back in the portal and no
JCooke93
I love it
SportManagementEngineer
CLTWolf said:

gabeezzell04 said:

Nice. he can play and he's fast too.

20 stolen bases this season. Did we have anyone close to that? Love adding that to the lineup.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
pack2010
SportManagementEngineer said:

CLTWolf said:

gabeezzell04 said:

Nice. he can play and he's fast too.

20 stolen bases this season. Did we have anyone close to that? Love adding that to the lineup.

nope. luke nixon and butterworth had 13 a piece. we only had 43 as a team
JCooke93
New Portal Target OF/Infielder Charles Davalan from FGU
WolfCamel
pack2010 said:

gabeezzell04 said:

Good get for us. I know his family well and coached him for football in high school. He's a tremendous athlete that found his power this season. Comes from a great family. Hopefully he continues to improve and should be a starter in the outfield.
kbdavis33
Sounds like to me that we might be a very intriguing location for a lot of solid portal prospects.

Love that
JCooke93
pack2010
should there be an offseason/portal thread separate from this? or just keep it all in here
wilmwolf
pack2010 said:

side note- but does anyone else think the baseball portal is the most exciting? with SO many good players, from all levels, and basically no intel on them, these seemingly random players pop up all the time. fun to try to follow compared to football and bball where its mostly about $$

It's certainly the most volatile portal. I don't know how the coaches keep it all straight and continue to coach in the post season.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
The Gatekeeper.
JCooke93
Good question
Glasswolf
pack2010 said:

should there be an offseason/portal thread separate from this? or just keep it all in here
Just keep it here. I'll change the title of the thread.
JCooke93
Go Pack9
Coach15
Dalen Thompson is a big get. He's a player and a great young man.
JCooke93
I am keeping a eye on Corey Costello from ECU
EliteFlamer
would love a "most wanted" list of who jcooke93 wants the most lol, i cant keep up and surely don't know who is good and who isn't lol
JCooke93
It's a very long list
JCooke93
And G.Payne11 is now in the portal
JCooke93
Chrysler just followed Ryan DeSanto a transfer from SJU
SportManagementEngineer
JCooke93 said:

Wow. Had completely forgotten about him. What's the story with him being phased out?
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
rwwalsh

JCooke93 said:

Wow. Had completely forgotten about him. What's the story with him being phased out?
Just hasn't looked the same post injury. Hoping he can put it all together again at his next stop.
pack2010
ECU freshman OF Bristol Carter in the portal. A .346 hitter this year with a lowww K rate. I'd take that. Big time recruit last year that lived up to expectations
WolfQuacker

Seriously, seems ECU is losing a lot of talent. I'm sure we'll have a few more whenever the season ends, but damn... they are getting restless in Greenville.
JCooke93
Glasswolf
rwwalsh said:

JCooke93 said:

Just hasn't looked the same post injury. Hoping he can put it all together again at his next stop.
Slobbering_Wolf
A lot of ecu folks think Bristol Carter could come to the Pack, any news to this or just them knowing we took AMak? I'd take this Carter kid in a heartbeat
Don't give up, don't ever give up-Jimmy V
Twitter: @jrouse84

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.