Pack 9 Recruiting and Portal News

235,533 Views | 1273 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by StateFan2001
JCooke93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Chrysler just followed Wofford Pitcher Zac Cowan
JCooke93
He just followed Chrysler back
65Pack
We need starting pitchers bad… we haven't had a lock down #1 in a long time. We need. 1,2 and a 3 for next year.
pack2010
65Pack said:

We need starting pitchers bad… we haven't had a lock down #1 in a long time. We need. 1,2 and a 3 for next year.

Consiglio and marohn project very well assuming they progress.
JCooke93
Dudan
Marohn
Consiglio
Lucas
Smith
wilmwolf
Very few lock down number ones at the college level. Broadcast today said the average ERA in college is over 6.00. A really good starter gets you five innings these days. Bullpen depth is key.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
The Gatekeeper.
pack2010
JCooke93 said:

Dudan
Marohn
Consiglio
Lucas
Smith

yes we have some nice young arms.

i think we could add a weekend guy in the portal, but it's not like that is easy to do. in a world where we don't get a weekend starter in the portal, i would love a dudan, consiglio, marohn weekend. let shaffner take the dudan role now (7th/8th) and smith close. fill in the middle innings/midweek with younger guys/portal arms. that said, it is going to be up to chysler to develop these kids, no matter how talented they seem.

also, at this rate, we could see dom fritton back too
65Pack
IMHO…. Get as much help as possible in the portal because
All we have are average arms as far as starters are concerned.
wilmwolf
Could also have Willadsen possibly since his surgery occurred before the season, depending on how his recovery goes. Since we lost SVD so late, I don't expect he'll be back next season, but he'll be an important piece going forward I would think.
The Gatekeeper.
KDHpack
Played baseball and like to think I know a little…why is Dudan not automatically penciled in as a starter next year?. Myron and Consiglio as well? Smith I can kind of see but we should have a filthy starting rotation next year. Is it because they are mostly fastball/slider? Need a 3rd pitch. All these kids were starters coming up.
Glasswolf
KDHpack said:

Played baseball and like to think I know a little…why is Dudan not automatically penciled in as a starter next year?. Myron and Consiglio as well? Smith I can kind of see but we should have a filthy starting rotation next year. Is it because they are mostly fastball/slider? Need a 3rd pitch. All these kids were starters coming up.
Transfer Portal will revel a lot. Some guys aren't SP's although Dudan is capable. Long time between now and Fall Ball.
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

pack2010
KDHpack said:

not trying to be rude, who is Myron? is that a ryan + marohn combo?

as for dudan, i would love to see him in the starting rotation, personally. he probably needs to work on a 3rd pitch, but his arm talent is there for sure. would love to see smith get a shot too, but it is a good problem to have.

also, guys like Mako, wimbish, lucas, becthel and heath andrews have big off seasons ahead if they stick around. they have all flashed whether it's in the season (lucas), as a prospect (mako), or in the fall like wimbish, bechtel and andrews (according to d1 baseball). do any of those guys turn into contributors? they all have + stuff potentially
JCooke93
Indiana State Grad Transfer Outfielder Dominic Listi just followed Chrysler
JCooke93
And Miami Canes transfer Pitcher JT Caruso just followed Chrysler
JCooke93
Now just followed Robinson
newportwolf
wilmwolf said:

Could also have Willadsen possibly since his surgery occurred before the season, depending on how his recovery goes. Since we lost SVD so late, I don't expect he'll be back next season, but he'll be an important piece going forward I would think.

Willadsen's surgery did not take place until mid-March.
wilmwolf
Thanks
The Gatekeeper.
JCooke93
I agree need to add 1 or 2 more guys
JCooke93
Agree
JCooke93
Lucas Bechtel will be back
JCooke93
Not sure about Andrews Mako Wimbush
Glasswolf
JCooke93 said:

Not sure about Andrews Mako Wimbush
I really feel like Mako hangs around. Just a gut feeling.

JCooke93
I hope so
JCooke93
I almost forgot Shaffner and Willadsen hopefully
JCooke93
Coach Robinson just followed UNCW Grad Transfer Pitcher Ryan Calvert
ClePack
Thought I read on twitter, possibly by Ethan, that SVD and Willadsen were both going to the draft. Maybe I am imagining things.
pack2010
ClePack said:

Thought I read on twitter, possibly by Ethan, that SVD and Willadsen were both going to the draft. Maybe I am imagining things.

SVD isn't eligible. He is a true sophomore and isn't 21. That said, he is unlikely to pitch next year, so he could be in the '25 draft without seeing him pitch again in Raleigh
Alex Gee
Staff
Depends on the procedures they had also. We are seeing guys beat the 12-month recovery with the "new surgery"
ClePack
pack2010 said:

ClePack said:

SVD isn't eligible. He is a true sophomore and isn't 21. That said, he is unlikely to pitch next year, so he could be in the '25 draft without seeing him pitch again in Raleigh
ahh. That may be what I read
JCooke93
Yup
JCooke93
And I like us going after Portal Outfielders because you have to be ready to lose Eli Serrano C.Nixon12 and who knows about Houge rehab because you never know what will happen and need to be ready for everything
JCooke93
And Just like SS you need options because most likely Butterworth will and should get picked up by a pro team
Glasswolf
JCooke93 said:

And Just like SS you need options because most likely Butterworth will and should get picked up by a pro team

Butter is fringe draftable. Most likely last few rounds

CLTWolf
Glasswolf said:

JCooke93 said:

Butter is fringe draftable. Most likely last few rounds
and he will sign, just like Harrison last year.
JCooke93
100%

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.