Pack 9 Recruiting and Portal News

235,499 Views | 1273 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by StateFan2001
JCooke93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Go Pack9
JCooke93
JD Smith GT pitcher who is in the portal just followed Chrysler
JCooke93
And Robinson
JCooke93
Luke Carrell from Oklahoma just followed Chrysler and Robinson
Jtilley
pack2010 said:

KDHpack said:

Played baseball and like to think I know a little…why is Dudan not automatically penciled in as a starter next year?. Myron and Consiglio as well? Smith I can kind of see but we should have a filthy starting rotation next year. Is it because they are mostly fastball/slider? Need a 3rd pitch. All these kids were starters coming up.

not trying to be rude, who is Myron? is that a ryan + marohn combo?

as for dudan, i would love to see him in the starting rotation, personally. he probably needs to work on a 3rd pitch, but his arm talent is there for sure. would love to see smith get a shot too, but it is a good problem to have.

also, guys like Mako, wimbish, lucas, becthel and heath andrews have big off seasons ahead if they stick around. they have all flashed whether it's in the season (lucas), as a prospect (mako), or in the fall like wimbish, bechtel and andrews (according to d1 baseball). do any of those guys turn into contributors? they all have + stuff potentially
If Dudan can learn to throw a changeup he can make a lot of money.

You saw it some last night but guys are starting to sit fastball on him and lay off the slider. I know he throws hard but I would be interested in seeing his spin rates because his fastball gets hit. Maybe it is flat, I don't know but you can't rely on just throwing a slider unless it is short burst.
Kmcpack
He throws way more fastballs to lefty's. add a change up and he would be as deadly to lefty's as righty's.
tau06
wilmwolf said:

Could also have Willadsen possibly since his surgery occurred before the season, depending on how his recovery goes. Since we lost SVD so late, I don't expect he'll be back next season, but he'll be an important piece going forward I would think.
I don't know what SVD prognosis is but our family friend didn't have a full tear and was able to use the new
brace" technique that they have developed and that the Braves are doing on Strider. Time missed on that is about 8 months I believe. I'm certainly not counting on it but there is at least a small chance that you could see SVD back. Very low chance though and completely depends on what procedure he had done.
FourOaksWolf
65Pack said:

We need starting pitchers bad… we haven't had a lock down #1 in a long time. We need. 1,2 and a 3 for next year.

Our pitchers are doing something right.
CALS Alumni
WolfQuacker
FourOaksWolf said:

65Pack said:

We need starting pitchers bad… we haven't had a lock down #1 in a long time. We need. 1,2 and a 3 for next year.

Exactly. You see where Yesavage and Burns are playing this weekend? I don't hate the idea of a true ace or two, but with guys like Highfill, Whit, and Fritton and a better pen - I'll take my chances. Some teams come to rely on an Ace too much IMO. Look at how we did vandy and arkansas a few years ago.
Glasswolf
WolfQuacker said:

FourOaksWolf said:

65Pack said:

Exactly. You see where Yesavage and Burns are playing this weekend? I don't hate the idea of a true ace or two, but with guys like Highfill, Whit, and Fritton and a better pen - I'll take my chances. Some teams come to rely on an Ace too much IMO. Look at how we did vandy and arkansas a few years ago.
Give the old guy some slack. He had to find something to complain about since we advanced to the CWS. Just postpones him *****ing about Avent for a few days
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

pack2010
we had a player on campus yesterday for a visit, dont know who it is, but avent said it in an interview.

really sucks going to omaha b/c we are missing out on important recruiting time!!!!
78wilsonpack
pack2010 said:

we had a player on campus yesterday for a visit, dont know who it is, but avent said it in an interview.

really sucks going to omaha b/c we are missing out on important recruiting time!!!!
HUH?

I believe that the CWS is quite a recruiting tool. Be patient. It will get done; I feel confident.
flylike44
pack2010 said:

Kirby Smart helped with visits at UGa while their coach I believe hadn't even made it to Athens yet. I'm sure we have some sort of plan. Stately Ladies maybe?
pack2010
78wilsonpack said:

pack2010 said:

HUH?

I believe that the CWS is quite a recruiting tool. Be patient. It will get done; I feel confident.

my bad, it was sarcasm. i was hoping the "!!!" would give that away
JCooke93
New Pack9 portal target Clemson Pitcher Billy Barlow
JCooke93
New Portal Target Logan Hughes Outfielder from stetson
pack2010
JCooke93 said:

Chrysler just followed Wofford Pitcher Zac Cowan

Cowan commits to LSU
JCooke93
Unfortunately so and so did a other Wofford SP ugh
tau06
Probably not great decisions by those guys if they want a ton of innings and work. Hope they got plenty of $$
JCooke93
New Portal Target AJ Camp from WF
CLTWolf
tau06 said:

Probably not great decisions by those guys if they want a ton of innings and work. Hope they got plenty of $$
I don't understand this comment?

7 of the top 13 arms for LSU this year came from the portal (5) or JUCO (2).

Cowan will get tons of innings if healthy.

JCooke93
Payton Allen two way from Kansas portal target
DrummerboyWolf
LSU just got a catcher for Indiana State. The money is flowing.

https://sports.yahoo.com/lsu-baseball-adds-big-time-110044486.html
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
DrummerboyWolf
I will put this here and not start a new thread. Apparently former LSU coach Paul Mainieri is going to be the head coach at South Carolina.

https://sports.yahoo.com/lsu-jay-johnson-gives-paul-175030774.html
pack2010
From a south carolina site regarding Bristol Carter. No mention of the Pack

- ECU centerfielder Bristol Carter is one we've mentioned as a possibility, and he still is a possibility. Based on conversations with a source at ECU, Carter would have committed if Lee was the head coach. While the door isn't closed on the Gamecocks, there are others still in the mix. Oklahoma is one to keep an eye on, but Texas A&M, UNC and Tennessee are all in there, too. He's also going to go up to the Cape to play soon.
JCooke93
Grayson Godbee Juco SS/3B is a new portal target
JCooke93
And the Wofford Ace they got today too
DrummerboyWolf
JCooke93 said:

And the Wofford Ace they got today too
Yes I saw that.
CLTWolf
JCooke93 said:

Grayson Godbee Juco SS/3B is a new portal target
Same Junior College as SS Luke Orfi and 1B Barrett Eldridge, both of which Coach BoRob has "reached" out to as well.

Eldridge is a first team JUCO D1 All American this year.

Godbee has a pretty wild story after having suffered a brain injury in HS.

Georgia Highlands had a squad this year.
JCooke93
They have been following luke for the longest
braz213
Curious how he suffered a brain injury in hs.
CLTWolf
braz213 said:

Curious how he suffered a brain injury in hs.
some type of "bike" accident. I assume motorcycle.
CLTWolf
BoRob started following Paxton Kling from LSU.

Kid was ranked in the top 20 in the PG rankings out of HS but hasn't quite lived up to those lofty rankings. Big time athlete, fast. Not sure he would be a take, IMO. Big name from a big program though.
JCooke93
New target lsu transfer Outfielder Paxton Kling
pack2010
Chance Mako enters the portal

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.