Roe v Wade has been overturned

43,223 Views | 585 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by PackFansXL
PackFansXL
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Supreme Court on Friday overturned Roe v. Wade

Quote:

The Supreme Court on Friday overturned Roe v. Wade, the 1973 ruling that legalized abortion, allowing a Mississippi law passed that bans abortions after 15 weeks to take effect.

The ruling in Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organization means each state will now be able to determine its own regulations on abortion, including whether and when to prohibit abortion.
caryking
PackFansXL said:

The Supreme Court on Friday overturned Roe v. Wade

Quote:

The Supreme Court on Friday overturned Roe v. Wade, the 1973 ruling that legalized abortion, allowing a Mississippi law passed that bans abortions after 15 weeks to take effect.

The ruling in Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organization means each state will now be able to determine its own regulations on abortion, including whether and when to prohibit abortion.

Regardless of your opinion on abortion, this was the proper legal decision. Now, its up to the states to determine their law on abortion.

6-3 ruling!
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
BBW12OG
Shoes and TVs will be flying off the shelves this weekend....

I guess it has been couple years since the "peaceful riots" burned down cities, cost business owners their livelihoods and I'm sure the lefty comrades on here are in need of some fresh new kicks, new flat screens and T-Mobile phones...

Good luck with your looting lefties... I'm sure you won't face any criminal charges for your "peaceful protests."
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
hokiewolf
Good, the way it should be. Now, States need to take time to get their legislation implemented. This is an issue that shouldn't be rammed through a legislative process.
Originator of the Tony Adams Scale
GuerrillaPack
It's ok commie-tards.

People will still be able to murder their babies. It will just be Democrats killing their babies in DemonRat-run states and cities.

By the way, since abortion is so great, why don't you consider giving yourself a post-birth abortion?
jkpackfan
hokiewolf said:

Good, the way it should be. Now, States need to take time to get their legislation implemented. This is an issue that shouldn't be rammed through a legislative process.
This
caryking
I think it's important to read the dissenting opinions. I will do this later today.

From a legal perspective, pushing this to that states essentially says the following: a person doesn't have an inalienable right to an abortion. So, the elective representatives, of a State, can create laws regulating abortion.

So, the Justices (6-3) concluded (I'll state this again) a person does not have an inalienable right to an abortion; therefore, the enumerated powers, on loan, from the States, doesn't give the Federal government jurisdiction over abortion.

This is the best ruling, I have seen, regarding constitutional governance in my lifetime. Finally, a ruling, utilizes the 10th amendment as its basis.

No stated power, in the constitution, giving the federal government this power; so, this becomes a statement of an inalienable rights! The Justices do not see this as such.

Joe Biden
metcalfmafia
Great news.
PackFansXL
https://www.nationalreview.com/2022/06/we-lived-to-see-it/

Quote:

We lived to see it. Many of us never thought we would. This day should be celebrated for generations to come.

The overturning of Roe v. Wade is a momentous milestone in American history. It is the largest single step forward for human rights in America in well over half a century. It is the largest stroke against the arbitrary taking of human life in America since the abolition of slavery in 1865.

True, by overruling Roe, the Supreme Court did not ban abortion; it only restored power to the elected governments to do so. State governments will have to take the next step. So will the federal government, to the extent permitted within its enumerated powers. But they have been denied that power for 49 years.
GuerrillaPack
PackFansXL said:

Quote:

So will the federal government, to the extent permitted within its enumerated powers.

Enumerated powers? I thought the gubbamint just has UNLIMITED powers to do whatever they want. Force us to take injections to have a job, force us to buy health insurance, tax anything and everything they want regardless of whether they have that power under the Constitution, whatever.

Who cares about the Constitution? That's a "living document" that can just be ignored whenever communist judges or lawmakers wish. Because that's "progressive". Old racist white men wrote the Constitution.
Werewolf
GuerrillaPack said:

Now let the "peaceful" riots begin.
GuerrillaPack
By the way, Clarence Thomas is a national treasure...

https://instagr.am/p/CfKUVD5lGZJ
Wolfpack
nm
ncsualum05
This is a big ruling and regardless of your opinion on abortion this is the way it should be. I favor states rights over federal power, even if I think a certain state has stupid laws. Also it shows the court will not let violent mobs intimidate and threaten them with a decision which honestly that was not a given.
Steve Videtich
All the people screaming in favor of vaccine mandates are now screaming "you can't tell me what I can or can't do with my body." We should listen carefully for any calls to violence in the coming days. Schumer?
ncsualum05
ncsualum05
Dems have threatened to pack the courts since the 2020 election. I suspect we see talk fire back up around that. It's dangerous and I hope they don't do it. November can't come soon enough.
Cornpack
Making my way through the opinion now. I think it's the correct result based on what the law demands but I am very much not looking forward to arguing with people who just look at the outcome and compare it to what they think the law should be.

An aside, if you actually read the law that spurned all of this I think you'll find that Mississippi's approach (15 weeks + medical emergency + severe fetal abnormality) is very reasonable. After 15 weeks is the point where in order to perform the abortion you have to use surgical instruments to crush and tear the unborn. They also have already achieved a heartbeat, all of their vital organs are present and functioning, and it has taken on human form in all regards. I don't claim to be an expert on what is the right approach. However, that law seems like a reasonable balancing of giving someone time to actually know they're pregnant and preserving a state's interest in protecting unborn life while still providing wiggle room for emergencies.
Retired internet funny guy
caryking
hokiewolf said:

Hokie, you can thank Donald J Trump for this…

Miss him yet?

Joe Biden
caryking
Cornpack said:

Making my way through the opinion now. I think it's the correct result based on what the law demands but I am very much not looking forward to arguing with people who just look at the outcome and compare it to what they think the law should be.

An aside, if you actually read the law that spurned all of this I think you'll find that Mississippi's approach (15 weeks + medical emergency + severe fetal abnormality) is very reasonable. After 15 weeks is the point where in order to perform the abortion you have to use surgical instruments to crush and tear the unborn. They also have already achieved a heartbeat, all of their vital organs are present and functioning, and it has taken on human form in all regards. I don't claim to be an expert on what is the right approach. However, that law seems like a reasonable balancing of giving someone time to actually know they're pregnant and preserving a state's interest in protecting unborn life while still providing wiggle room for emergencies.
I started reading the dissenting opinion and had a tough time, so, I quit! Very emotional arguments! My summary above is as accurate as will find.

Joe Biden
PackFansXL
https://www.nationalreview.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/Dobbs_Opinion.pdf
Glasswolf
Abortion will not stop. People will cross state lines or go back to the butchers in a back alley. Hopefully Congress will not get filled with a bunch of middle aged whites women passing laws about a man can do with their bodies. We also need to make it easier and less expensive to adopt. That's where we go next. Abolish the death penalty. A life is a life right?
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

GuerrillaPack
Glasswolf said:

Abortion will not stop. People will cross state lines or go back to the butchers in a back alley. Hopefully Congress will not get filled with a bunch of middle aged whites women passing laws about a man can do with their bodies. We also need to make it easier and less expensive to adopt. That's where we go next. Abolish the death penalty. A life is a life right?
The death penalty for certain crimes is mandated BY GOD. Do you know better than God? Murderers and rapists are wicked people who deserve to be punished by death for their crimes.

And yet communist Leftists want to go soft on murderers and rapists...BUT want to murder innocent unborn children?!!

Can't you see how ABSOLUTELY TWISTED Leftists are??

Unbelievable. It's a "scared right" to kill unborn children, but "oh no" don't kill those precious murderers and rapists with the death penalty.

Leftists are seeking to completely invert reality, and make what is evil appear "good", and what is good appear "evil".
Glasswolf
GuerrillaPack said:

Glasswolf said:

The death penalty for certain crimes is mandated BY GOD. Do you know better than God? Murderers and rapists are wicked people who deserve to be punished by death for their crimes.

And yet communist Leftists want to go soft on murderers and rapists...BUT want to murder innocent unborn children?!!

Unbelievable. It's a "scared right" to kill unborn children, but "oh no" don't kill those precious murderers and rapists with the death penalty.

Leftists are seeking to completely invert reality, and make what is evil appear "good", and what is good appear "evil".

Where has Jesus said it's ok to kill somebody

PackFansXL
Glasswolf said:

Glass, what does skin color have to do with abortion or any law regarding gender?

Why do you conflate the life carried by a woman with the life of the woman?

What crime, punishable by death, has the unborn child committed?
Glasswolf
So since we changed a 50 year old ruling it should be ok to make changes to a 200+ year old document right?

PackFansXL
Glasswolf said:

So since we changed a 50 year old ruling it should be ok to make changes to a 200+ year old document right?
There is a standard process to make changes. What the Court did 49 years ago was ignore our processes and create a law where none existed. That was wrong and has finally been corrected.
Glasswolf
PackFansXL said:

Glasswolf said:

Glass, what does skin color have to do with abortion or any law regarding gender?

I've stated many times here on this forum that I am for the right of life. I'm also pro choice! Why the **** is adopting so costly? $10-$20,000 to adopt a child from China or anywhere overseas? Banning abortion in cases of rape or incest?

Glasswolf
Like I said. Y'all only care about a child when it's in the uterus. Once it's born it loses all its rights

BBW12OG
Glasswolf said:

Like I said. Y'all only care about a child when it's in the uterus. Once it's born it loses all its rights
You showed us how much you care about children when they are out of the uterus by the crass joke you made about the kids being slaughtered in Uvalde.

But here you are, once again preaching from your soapbox and reminding us how much better you are than everyone else. Being a pompous donkey fits you well. You play that part with perfection.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
BBW12OG
Glasswolf said:

Show me in the Constitution where abortion is protected and is legal. Please, you seem to know every damn thing post it.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
GuerrillaPack
Glasswolf said:

We care enough to not corrupt the minds of young children by forcing them to be exposed to the scum of the earth, and take them to drag shows and drag queen story time. And to propagandize them to destroy their life by becoming transgender or a Sodomite.

We care enough to teach them the truth, and not the myriad of lies that is the ideology of the communist Left.

That is a TOTAL LIE to claim that we "don't care" about children after they are born.

No. It is the communist Left who hates children BOTH before and after they are born. If the Left can't murder the child before they are born, you seek to destroy their soul and spirit by corrupting them with lies and perversion -- drag queen shows, Sodomite propaganda, theory of evolution, Big Bang theory, and on and on.
BBW12OG
PackFansXL said:

Glasswolf said:

Typical of him and his ilk.... You know you have won an argument with the MARXIST PARTY when they play the race card.

Coming from someone like him you should wear that with a badge of honor. Anytime he disagrees with you you are on the right side of that argument.

There's not a lot of difference between him and the unc-cheat folks.... And that's a fact.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
PackFansXL
Glasswolf said:

On the contrary, the pregnancy centers across the nation spend the majority of their funds helping new mothers with supplies after they give birth.

We all need to work to reduce the costs of adoption and to rescind the restrictions on interracial adoptions.
GuerrillaPack
Glasswolf said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Glasswolf said:

Where has Jesus said it's ok to kill somebody
The Messiah explicitly said that he did NOT come to change ANY of the Old Testament law.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew%205%3A17-20&version=KJV

Quote:

Matthew 5:17-19

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

What does that mean?

That means that the Messiah said that the Old Testament Law is still in effect. He didn't come to change it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.