Roe v Wade has been overturned

44,137 Views | 585 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by PackFansXL
Steve Videtich
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I figured we were on the same page. Ha
packgrad
I just want to go on record that I totally believe that a 10 year old was raped, impregnated, and was 3 days beyond the time she could legally get an abortion in Ohio. I am outraged.

How long did democrats have to prepare for this ruling? This is standard bull**** propaganda.
caryking
Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

The word "nuance" really bothers me…

BTW, the Supreme Court ruled that the repeal on "stay in Mexico" Trump policy can be reversed by Biden. Now, I disagree on the policy decision, by Biden; however, it's the absolute correct decision, by the Supreme Court!
Meh, i guess with fresh eyes, i could have used "context". IE, it is not extreme to say "lack of abortion access will result in more unwanted babies hitting "the system", of which a likely outcome is some of those will fall victim to crime, drugs and sex trafficking", because we know the system today generates that

It would be (IMO) extreme to make this the #1 issue out of this decision. Or to use it as the entire talking point for why not to stop abortions.

**To PG's original question though -- I 100% think there are plenty of people going overboard with worse-case scenarios that will occur from this decision. Might some of those things occur in some scenarios...yes, but you'd think from reading some articles and comments, childbirth deaths are going to revert to 1890 numbers because of this.
I just "starred" your post as I think you laid out a reasonable thought. Also, the "nuance" does bother me. Civ uses it frequently. That word is overused when debating, in my opinion. Nothing against you personally…

BTW, we do have a political philosophy that will start to mitigate the system, you appear to be referring to…
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
TheStorm
I just have a semi-related question... why is it when I see recent photographs of the protestors in these neighborhoods of the Supreme Court Justices, that 9 out of 10 (or closely thereabout that ratio) are wearing some type of mask to obscure their identity?

If anybody has any insight that they can share on that, I would be greatly appreciative...

Also, somewhat confused by the photo I saw last week from a protest that showed the rainbow striped flag with a black antifa logo printed in the middle of it... what's the connection there?

Thanks.
PackFansXL
https://www.nationalreview.com/2022/07/elizabeth-warrens-war-on-pregnancy-resource-centers/

Quote:

Abortion supporters often claim that they're "pro-choice," not "pro-abortion," a claim that regularly collides with their actual policies. When government policy is bent relentlessly to favor abortion, supporting a woman's "right to choose" abortion isn't distinct in any meaningful way from supporting abortion itself.

But abortion supporters reveal how shallow their "pro-choice" ideology is when they oppose helping pregnant mothers make, or even learn about, any choice other than abortion. The most recent example is on display in Congress, where four Democrats are targeting pregnancy resource centers, purporting to "prohibit disinformation in the advertising of abortion services."

Warren also signed on to a letter in which members of Congress tried to pressure Google into suppressing search results for such centers which was followed by a similar letter from the office of New York attorney general Letitia James.

Nationally, pregnancy resource centers outnumber abortion facilities three to one, and in some states by as many as eleven to one. Knowing that many women choose abortion because they feel that they have no other option, the pro-life movement has placed tremendous resources into these centers, which exist to offer alternatives to abortion, usually at no cost. That help takes many forms: pregnancy tests and ultrasounds, other prenatal care, pregnancy counseling, assistance considering adoption and navigating the adoption process, and financial or material support for women in need.

It's easy to see why abortion supporters and especially those who profit from the provision of abortion would want to undermine those who offer women choices other than abortion. Research suggests that the model works. One 2021 study found that pregnant women who visit a pregnancy resource center are about 20 percent less likely to choose abortion than pregnant women who don't visit one.
caryking
TheStorm said:

I just have a semi-related question... why is it when I see recent photographs of the protestors in these neighborhoods of the Supreme Court Justices, that 9 out of 10 (or closely thereabout that ratio) are wearing some type of mask to obscure their identity?

If anybody has any insight that they can share on that, I would be greatly appreciative...

Also, somewhat confused by the photo I saw last week from a protest that showed the rainbow striped flag with a black antifa logo printed in the middle of it... what's the connection there?

Thanks.
Storm, if you can answer that question, then you can probably understand why they are there, in the first place…. None of it makes sense to me.

Joe Biden
Civilized
PackFansXL said:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2022/07/elizabeth-warrens-war-on-pregnancy-resource-centers/

Quote:

Abortion supporters often claim that they're "pro-choice," not "pro-abortion," a claim that regularly collides with their actual policies. When government policy is bent relentlessly to favor abortion, supporting a woman's "right to choose" abortion isn't distinct in any meaningful way from supporting abortion itself.

But abortion supporters reveal how shallow their "pro-choice" ideology is when they oppose helping pregnant mothers make, or even learn about, any choice other than abortion. The most recent example is on display in Congress, where four Democrats are targeting pregnancy resource centers, purporting to "prohibit disinformation in the advertising of abortion services."

Warren also signed on to a letter in which members of Congress tried to pressure Google into suppressing search results for such centers which was followed by a similar letter from the office of New York attorney general Letitia James.

Nationally, pregnancy resource centers outnumber abortion facilities three to one, and in some states by as many as eleven to one. Knowing that many women choose abortion because they feel that they have no other option, the pro-life movement has placed tremendous resources into these centers, which exist to offer alternatives to abortion, usually at no cost. That help takes many forms: pregnancy tests and ultrasounds, other prenatal care, pregnancy counseling, assistance considering adoption and navigating the adoption process, and financial or material support for women in need.

It's easy to see why abortion supporters and especially those who profit from the provision of abortion would want to undermine those who offer women choices other than abortion. Research suggests that the model works. One 2021 study found that pregnant women who visit a pregnancy resource center are about 20 percent less likely to choose abortion than pregnant women who don't visit one.

Yeah, so that article you quoted conveniently left out some pertinent details on CPC's.

Didn't see any mention in your article about pregnancy centers deceptively marketing themselves to women (often under some level of emotional stress) as clinical health care resources, when they are not.

Article is from 2018 so these concerns about CPC's has predated the recent overturning of Roe:

Quote:

AMA Journal of Ethics: Why Crisis Pregnancy Centers are Legal but Unethical

Crisis pregnancy centers are organizations that seek to intercept women with unintended pregnancies who might be considering abortion. Their mission is to prevent abortions by persuading women that adoption or parenting is a better option. They strive to give the impression that they are clinical centers, offering legitimate medical services and advice, yet they are exempt from regulatory, licensure, and credentialing oversight that apply to health care facilities.

Because the religious ideology of these centers' owners and employees takes priority over the health and well-being of the women seeking care at these centers, women do not receive comprehensive, accurate, evidence-based clinical information about all available options. Although crisis pregnancy centers enjoy First Amendment rights protections, their propagation of misinformation should be regarded as an ethical violation that undermines women's health.

Hundreds of these centers together form an industry that seeks to be perceived as providing health care while simultaneously seeking to elude the need to be held to evidence-based standards of caring for women with unexpected pregnancies.

Women who visit CPCs typically do not realize that they are not in an abortion clinic and are surprised to find that abortion is not considered an option at these centers.

CPCs have received criticism from lawmakers, physicians, scholars, and reproductive rights organizations for many of their practices. They strive to appear as sites offering clinical services and unbiased advice. Lay volunteers who are not licensed clinicians at CPCs often wear white coats and see women in exam rooms. They also purport to provide medical advice on a variety of issues, including sexually transmitted infections, early pregnancy, and abortion. Because centers are sometimes located close to abortion clinics and have names and logos similar to nearby abortion clinics, women could mistakenly seek care there rather than at the intended clinic. They also seek to target women who are most likely to seek abortion, particularly low-income women and women of color. These strategic practices appear designed to mislead abortion clinic clients.

Despite looking like legitimate clinics, most CPCs are not licensed, and their staff are not licensed medical professionals.

Construing objections to CPC's as "[opposing] helping pregnant mothers make, or even learn about, any choice other than abortion" is obviously incomplete at best and completely disingenuous at worst.

Pro-lifers may consider this some kind of fighting fire with fire.

But coercing desperate or emotionally vulnerable women into going into a center that they believe to be a medical facility, continuing the charade while in the facility, not providing true health care services, not being regulated like a health care facility, not having to abide by HIPAA, not providing patient-centric care, and on and on presents its own set of very real medical ethics issues.
PackFansXL
Given the dishonest track record of proponents of the abortion business, one has to wonder about the picture painted in the article you posted. The abortion business is worth a great deal of money to Planned Parenthood and other clinics. They have an obviou$ interest in misrepresenting everything done at CPCs.

The mission of CPCs is to save lives. They perform their services under great pressure from the pro-abortion crowd and often under threat of personal harm. I don't believe they receive any federal funds and rely on donations to operate.

The portrayal of these mothers as incapable of discerning the difference between an abortion clinic and a crisis pregnancy center is yet another example of the judgmental arrogance of elites in the Democratic party. They feign concern for their constituents and pretend to do something for them while simultaneously using them purely for political power.

IMHO, the lies misrepresentations shouted from the pro-abortion leadership are loud and endless.

Civ, this is not meant as a personal attack, well, unless you are a leader in the pro-abortion movement.
Civilized
PackFansXL said:

Given the dishonest track record of proponents of the abortion business, one has to wonder about the picture painted in the article you posted. The abortion business is worth a great deal of money to Planned Parenthood and other clinics. They have an obviou$ interest in misrepresenting everything done at CPCs.

The mission of CPCs is to save lives. They perform their services under great pressure from the pro-abortion crowd and often under threat of personal harm. I don't believe they receive any federal funds and rely on donations to operate.

The portrayal of these mothers as incapable of discerning the difference between an abortion clinic and a crisis pregnancy center is yet another example of the judgmental arrogance of elites in the Democratic party. They feign concern for their constituents and pretend to do something for them while simultaneously using them purely for political power.

IMHO, the lies misrepresentations shouted from the pro-abortion leadership are loud and endless.

Civ, this is not meant as a personal attack, well, unless you are a leader in the pro-abortion movement.

CPC's relying on donations to operate is strategic, not simply benevolent. It allows them to not be bound by health care industry oversight and regulations since they are providing pro bono services in many cases.

You say "[PP and other clinics] have an obviou$ interest in misrepresenting everything done at CPCs."

But the article wasn't written or published by PP or abortion clinics. It was published by the AMA Journal of Ethics. 75% of OB clinics in the US do not perform abortions and OB's make more money delivering babies than by performing abortions anyway so OB's (and by extension their medical association) are not financially incentivized to perform abortions in lieu of delivering future babies.

And nothing about this conversation has felt like a personal attack XL, but I do appreciate you clarifying.
PackFansXL
Quote:

Because the religious ideology of these centers' owners and employees takes priority over the health and well-being of the women seeking care at these centers, women do not receive comprehensive, accurate, evidence-based clinical information about all available options.
The authors of that report revealed their bias in the sentence quoted above. The religious ideology of these centers' owners and employees places equal priority on the health and well-being of both the baby and the mother. That is their mission statement. It comes from a loving, purpose driven life. They can't function in any other capacity and be true to themselves.

I would be astonished if the typical CPC owner or employee didn't want the best for both the mother and the baby. That's not to say that there are no bad apples hidden somewhere in the barrel though.

I suppose if one holds the view that unborn babies have no value until they are chosen to live by their mothers, then one might perceive that women are being misled and altruism doesn't exist at CPCs. Perspective is a funny thing.
caryking
Civilized said:

PackFansXL said:

CPC's relying on donations to operate is strategic, not simply benevolent. It allows them to not be bound by health care industry oversight and regulations since they are providing pro bono services in many cases.

You say "[PP and other clinics] have an obviou$ interest in misrepresenting everything done at CPCs."

But the article wasn't written or published by PP or abortion clinics. It was published by the AMA Journal of Ethics. 75% of OB clinics in the US do not perform abortions and OB's make more money delivering babies than by performing abortions anyway so OB's (and by extension their medical association) are not financially incentivized to perform abortions in lieu of delivering future babies.

And nothing about this conversation has felt like a personal attack XL, but I do appreciate you clarifying.
Civ, go work in a CPC for one week. My wife has! Actually, she did for multiple years. It was on Hillsborough St. in Raleigh. I will say that organization was very, very good. I went to a number of functions with them. I can't speak to all facilities; however, that one (dang, the name is escaping me) cared about the girls, whether they chose life or not. Once a girl comes in, the facility would help, in any way they can, with the girls.

Good people were there while my wife worked…

Joe Biden
Civilized
caryking said:

Civilized said:

Civ, go work in a CPC for one week. My wife has! Actually, she did for multiple years. It was on Hillsborough St. in Raleigh. I will say that organization was very, very good. I went to a number of functions with them. I can't speak to all facilities; however, that one (dang, the name is escaping me) cared about the girls, whether they chose life or not. Once a girl comes in, the facility would help, in any way they can, with the girls.

As you're fond of telling me Cary, that's a very emotional response.

No matter how well-intentioned CPC's may be, presenting themselves as clinical medical facilities but skirting all the associated oversight and regulations of actual medical facilities is a problem.

CPC's at heart are unregulated and unlicensed faith-based pro-life counseling centers. At a minimum they should be staffed by actual clinicians or counselors and be regulated and licensed just like normal mental health or medical practitioners.
packgrad
Daviewolf83 said:

statefan91 said:

Davie - since you've been in the data, do you know if the abortions after the 10th week have any data behind it on viability of the baby or potential for mortality of the mother? Feels like that's relevant as well as to if those abortions that are further along may be due to significant health concerns or issues.
As far as viability is concerned and I mentioned this in a previous post you may have missed, the current medical view is at 22 weeks, plus or minus a couple of weeks. This is how I settled on my opinion that abortion up to 15-20 weeks is an acceptable proposal (NC is currently at 20 weeks).

As to mortality of mothers, are you asking about mortality of mothers who are having an abortion? If so, I saw one set of data that said there are less than 5 deaths per year of a person who undergoes an abortion. There was no specific timing provided as to the timing of the abortion in relationship to the term of the pregnancy. I want to investigate this data more fully, so I would caution assuming this to be accurate data.

When I was looking for some statistics, I also found a handy chart that shows the current abortion laws by state.

Several states don't even require a licensed physician to perform an abortion and we're concerned about CPC's skirting medical oversight? Lol. The hypocrisy is endless.

Planned Parenthood is at heart an abortion center.

Pro choice is at heart pro abortion.
caryking
Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

As you're fond of telling me Cary, that's a very emotional response.

No matter how well-intentioned CPC's may be, presenting themselves as clinical medical facilities but skirting all the associated oversight and regulations of actual medical facilities is a problem.

CPC's at heart are unregulated and unlicensed faith-based pro-life counseling centers. At a minimum they should be staffed by actual clinicians or counselors and be regulated and licensed just like normal mental health or medical practitioners.
Civ, good point! That was emotional.

The Center my wife worked in only did services that were controlled by licensed physicians. Everything else was about loving a person through a difficult decision. As far as staffing them with clinicians and counselors; well, the ones servicing medical equipment are properly licensed. The counselors are licensed by God! Loving a person is one of the greatest counsels a person can give. Some of these girls have never been loved.

I'm sorry, I just disagree with the idea that my wife needed to be licensed by any authority, other than God. Her life experiences were good enough!

By the way, all services and support were Free! A person walks into these facilities. They do have a choice to stay or leave.

Civ, someday, I would love to sit down and give you some real cases of what my wife experienced in the facility she worked in. Some of the engagements would blow your mind; however, not for these people.

Joe Biden
Civilized
packgrad said:

Several states don't even require a licensed physician to perform an abortion and we're concerned about CPC's skirting medical oversight? Lol. The hypocrisy is endless.

Licensed nurses/midwives, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants that perform abortions are all medical professionals that are educated, trained, and regulated with significant oversight.

There are zero states that allow abortions to be provided by practitioners that are not educated, trained, and regulated.

Who educates, trains, regulates, and oversees the counseling and prenatal care offered by CPC's?
packgrad
Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Licensed nurses/midwives, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants that perform abortions are all medical professionals that are educated, trained, and regulated with significant oversight.

Godalmighty. You don't even have to be a doctor to perform an abortion for lefties, but REGULATE advice given from non profits opposed to abortion. Endless hypocrisy. Utter nonsense.
caryking
Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Who educates, trains, regulates, and oversees the counseling and prenatal care offered by CPC's?
God

Joe Biden
BBW12OG
Can't believe the post.... Wow... Just Wow...

Imagine going to an LPN for a major surgery... Or anyone not a LICENSED MD.

Any of you willing to put your closest family member(s) in that situation other than killing a baby?

I'll hang up and listen.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
Civilized
BBW12OG said:

Any of you willing to put your closest family member(s) in that situation other than killing a baby?

I'll hang up and listen.

You are aware you don't have to be a licensed MD to deliver a baby right?
BBW12OG
Civilized said:

BBW12OG said:

I'll hang up and listen.

You are aware you don't have to be a licensed MD to deliver a baby right?
Yes...

Do you have to be to kill one?

You, as always, failed to answer my question. Would you put the life of a loved one in the hands of someone that isn't an MD?

Not saying emergency, just on a whim.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
packgrad
Nm. Covered already.
LetEmKnowPack
*I stand corrected.

No police contacted about the 10 year old who was raped, totaly true, rape story....

GuerrillaPack
This unhinged demonic witch says that centers to help pregnant women in crisis that do not offer abortions should all be "shut down".

https://www.instagram.com/tv/Cf7qDcKPL08/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
hokiewolf
High Travoltage said:

No police contacted about the 10 year old who was raped, totaly true, rape story....

apparently this actually is a true story. And the Dr/abortion activist is being served with a HIPPA violation
cowboypack02
hokiewolf said:

High Travoltage said:

apparently this actually is a true story. And the Dr/abortion activist is being served with a HIPPA violation
Do you happen to have the link for that?
Steve Videtich
hokiewolf said:

High Travoltage said:

Actually... not entirely!

https://nypost.com/2022/07/12/activist-tale-of-a-10-year-old-rape-victims-abortion-looks-like-a-lie/

The girl may be real, but the story lacks verification. No report of rape in Ohio or Indiana, I believe. Ohio AG says that they allow for abortion in these cases, but no report of rape anywhere. Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story liberal media, Mr. Biden and everyone else that jumped all over this.
bigeric
How do you determine how long a woman/girl is pregnant?
Like I said, if you cant get hyped for the Carolina game, why are you here?
-Earl Wolff-
BBW12OG
bigeric said:

How do you determine how long a woman/girl is pregnant?

You just need to have a lefty narrative, ideology or "cause" to promote and you can have the lemmings in the MSM repeat it ad nauseum.

Then you have the blindly following sheep, like many on this board, repeat it as gospel. Facts be damned. It's all about keeping power and converting this country into the single party MARXIST state that they want.

It's easier to be given things, not working hard and not thinking for yourself than it is to actually put forth effort and work.

Many on here subscribe to that mindset. And they know who they are!!
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
bigeric
My question still stands, and unanswered.
-Earl Wolff-
statefan91
Steve Videtich said:

Actually... not entirely!

https://nypost.com/2022/07/12/activist-tale-of-a-10-year-old-rape-victims-abortion-looks-like-a-lie/

The girl may be real, but the story lacks verification. No report of rape in Ohio or Indiana, I believe. Ohio AG says that they allow for abortion in these cases, but no report of rape anywhere. Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story liberal media, Mr. Biden and everyone else that jumped all over this.

BBW12OG
bigeric said:

Here you go....

https://www.medicinenet.com/how_to_calculate_the_exact_day_you_get_pregnant/article.htm

https://assureomaha.com/is-it-possible-to-find-out-the-exact-day-you-got-pregnant/

https://americanpregnancy.org/getting-pregnant/calculating-conception/

If this story is true, and that's a BIG if, the victim could tell them when it happened and that would be most likely the only way they can determine the exact date.

Too many questions surrounding this.

Add in the blatant lies from the MARXIST PARTY'S talking heads, Sleepy Joe and the mindless sheep that follow them this story has more holes in it than Swiss Cheese.

Hope that helps.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
BBW12OG
bigeric said:

Here you go....

https://www.medicinenet.com/how_to_calculate_the_exact_day_you_get_pregnant/article.htm

https://assureomaha.com/is-it-possible-to-find-out-the-exact-day-you-got-pregnant/

https://americanpregnancy.org/getting-pregnant/calculating-conception/

If this story is true, and that's a BIG if, the 10 year old victim could tell them when it happened and that would be most likely the only way they can determine the exact date.

Too many questions surrounding this story and zero credible sources with facts have come out. One thing that is a fact is that the left and their propaganda machine blatantly lied about the 10 year old not being legally allowed to get an abortion in Ohio. That was a lie that has been repeated by Sleepy Joe and the idiots on the left. Fact.

Add in the blatant lies from the MARXIST PARTY'S talking heads, Sleepy Joe and the mindless sheep that follow them, this story has more holes in it than Swiss Cheese.

Hope that helps.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
caryking
bigeric said:

What page do I need to look for your question?

Joe Biden
statefan91
Someone's been arrested...

https://www.dispatch.com/story/news/2022/07/13/columbus-man-charged-rape-10-year-old-led-abortion-in-indiana/10046625002/
bigeric
caryking said:

bigeric said:

What page do I need to look for your question?
??
-Earl Wolff-

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.