Roe v Wade has been overturned

44,131 Views | 585 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by PackFansXL
GuerrillaPack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Civilized said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Civilized said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

PackFansXL said:

Glasswolf said:

So since we changed a 50 year old ruling it should be ok to make changes to a 200+ year old document right?
There is a standard process to make changes. What the Court did 49 years ago was ignore our processes and create a law where none existed. That was wrong and has finally been corrected.
This is correct. It was a wrong ruling in 1973. It was not in the Constitution and should have been sent back to the States then.

I wonder if same sex marriage will get a redo also. Same thing. It should be left to the States.

Should women's right to vote be a state issue?
Analogy fail. That's completely different. There is an Amendment to the U.S. Constitution addressing women getting to vote.

There is no Amendment to the Constitution giving Sodomites the "right" to have their fake "marriages".

Why is women's right to vote a federal issue? Why not leave it to the states?
What's the point of you trying to change the subject? Is it because there is much more support for women getting to vote, that you think that should cause us to "by extension" agree with you that women should also have the right to murder their unborn children?

If women's voting was not a Federal issue (with an Amendment), then yes, the states would be involved. But that's not the case. We do have an Amendment, so the argument is moot.

But that's not the case with abortion. There is no federal law or Constitutional Amendment on abortion, so the states should be making the decision.

I guess you want some "evil right wingers" here to say that women's voting rights should be up for debate again, and then you can swoop in with the "moral high ground" and say "I knew you right-wingers hate women!"
Civilized
Cornpack said:

Civilized said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Civilized said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

PackFansXL said:

Glasswolf said:

So since we changed a 50 year old ruling it should be ok to make changes to a 200+ year old document right?
There is a standard process to make changes. What the Court did 49 years ago was ignore our processes and create a law where none existed. That was wrong and has finally been corrected.
This is correct. It was a wrong ruling in 1973. It was not in the Constitution and should have been sent back to the States then.

I wonder if same sex marriage will get a redo also. Same thing. It should be left to the States.

Analogy fail. That's completely different. There is an Amendment to the U.S. Constitution addressing women getting to vote.

There is no Amendment to the Constitution giving Sodomites the "right" to have their fake "marriages".

Because it is an enumerated right codified by the 19th amendment. Further, I'd actually push back on the sentiment above regarding gay marriage. The Dobbs decision goes to great lengths to differentiate abortion from the unenumerated rights which are protected under the 14th amendment's liberty interest (things like gay marriage, interracial marriage, and contraception).

I'm taking about going back to debating this before there was an amendment.

Put yourself in the shoes of an American public debating whether women should be able to vote.

Was an amendment the appropriate way to handle the issue at that time?

If so, why?
caryking
Civilized said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

PackFansXL said:

Glasswolf said:

Civ, I love you, man!! You are great at dropping a **** on the table and then leave!
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
caryking
Civilized said:

Cornpack said:

Civilized said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Civilized said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

PackFansXL said:

Glasswolf said:

Because it is an enumerated right codified by the 19th amendment. Further, I'd actually push back on the sentiment above regarding gay marriage. The Dobbs decision goes to great lengths to differentiate abortion from the unenumerated rights which are protected under the 14th amendment's liberty interest (things like gay marriage, interracial marriage, and contraception).

Put yourself in the shoes of an American public debating whether women should be able to vote.

If so, why?
They could have passed a law! In fact, don't think the congress want try and pass a law making abortion legal…

Joe Biden
packofwolves
bigeric said:

A question.
Pelosi and Biden have stated today they want to codify a national abortion right through Congress in response to SCOTUS holding it is a states right issue.
Would not that be an exercise in futility?

Dems will push for up until birth and Pubs will push the opposite extreme, resulting in nothing passing. Sadly, I don't think either side will negotiate to something sensible.
Cornpack
Civilized said:

Cornpack said:

Civilized said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Civilized said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

PackFansXL said:

Glasswolf said:

If so, why?

At that time, yes. Article 1 Section 4 of the US Constitution:
"The Times, Places and Manner of holding Elections for Senators and Representatives, shall be prescribed in each State by the Legislature thereof; but the Congress may at any time by Law make or alter such Regulations, except as to the Places of chusing Senators."

Congress passes an amendment and then the state legislatures ratify it. So to answer your question, yes that is exactly the way it explicitly says it should be handled and it is the way it was handled in the passing of the 19th amendment to extend the right to vote to women.
Retired internet funny guy
GuerrillaPack
packofwolves said:

bigeric said:

A question.
Pelosi and Biden have stated today they want to codify a national abortion right through Congress in response to SCOTUS holding it is a states right issue.
Would not that be an exercise in futility?

Dems will push for up until birth and Pubs will push the opposite extreme, resulting in nothing passing. Sadly, I don't think either side will negotiate to something sensible.
Compromise is never the "sensible" thing. There is right and wrong, black and white.

Being "in the middle" or a moderate is not some "virtue". It's being lukewarm. It's compromising with evil, giving in a little bit to what is wrong.
Glasswolf
I'm ok with leaving the abortion issue up to the states. But this will just cause women to cross state lines or go to the back alley butchers like before.

Abortion will not stop, it will just become unsafe again.

Again, make if to where anyone that can pass the background checks and supply a stable home can adopt and outside of rape and incest you would never need abortion.

Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

Wolfpackrich1
This is so wrong. Woman will eventually determine this is and can only be their decision.
caryking
Wolfpackrich1 said:

This is so wrong. Woman will eventually determine this is and can only be their decision.
What's actually wrong with this legal opinion?

Joe Biden
griff17matt
Wolfpackrich1 said:

Could you maybe give this another go and try to use proper sentence structure?
packgrad
Wolfpackrich1 said:

It's still their decision. They can go to a state that allows it or, as glass said, go to a back alley butcher. Their body their choice.
Glasswolf
Here's a simple 2 step process to "coping" with legality of abortion. 1. If you're against abortion, don't have one. 2. Mind your own damn business. Someone else's personal medical choice doesn't impact you in any way.
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

Wolfpackrich1
Because I believe that it infringes on the right of a woman to choose.
Wolfpackrich1
I am sorry. I think it is the woman's right to choose. It is legally her decision.
DrummerboyWolf
Wolfpackrich1 said:

A woman has the right to choose to have unprotected sex or not. She also has the right to abstain.

Same for all males too.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
Wolfpackrich1
Glasswolf said:

Here's a simple 2 step process to "coping" with legality of abortion. 1. If you're against abortion, don't have one. 2. Mind your own damn business. Someone else's personal medical choice doesn't impact you in any way.

What was wrong with having it like it was the last 50 years
Wolfpackrich1
DrummerboyWolf said:

Wolfpackrich1 said:

A woman has the right to choose to have unprotected sex or not. She also has the right to abstain.

Same for all males too.

Tell that a parent of a pregnant 16 year old in a state where it is illegal to have an abortion.
caryking
Wolfpackrich1 said:

I'm not actually debating that. This legal opinion doesn't actually address your point. The opinion actually says: the US Constitution doesn't state anything about abortion, specifically; therefore, the tenth amendment kicks in.

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

That is all that was said today. Now, each State can craft the laws, the people of said State wants, and everything goes from there…

Joe Biden
Wolfpack
Wolfpackrich1 said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Wolfpackrich1 said:

Same for all males too.

Tell that a parent of a pregnant 16 year old in a state where it is illegal to have an abortion.

These guys are flip flopping between quoting bible verses (I'm not Christian, so not relevant) and making a mountain out of a mole hill related to an amendment versus a court ruling. Are they devout Christians or are they truly rigid constitutionalists? I feel like the argument turns at whatever conveniences them, but it won't make sense to you and I.

I can accept constitutionalists. I cannot accept trying to turn this country into a Christian state. But that's just me, as a first generation immigrant.
caryking
Wolfpack said:

Wolfpackrich1 said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Wolfpackrich1 said:

Same for all males too.

These guys are flip flopping between quoting bible verses (I'm not Christian, so not relevant) and making a mountain out of a mole hill related to an amendment versus a court ruling. Are they devout Christians or are they truly rigid constitutionalists? I feel like the argument turns at whatever conveniences them, but it won't make sense to you and I.

I can accept constitutionalists. I cannot accept trying to turn this country into a Christian state. But that's just me, as a first generation immigrant.
I'm both a Christian and rigid constitutionalist! They can both exist in a person. If you read my post, I haven't stated my opinion on abortion; rather, I have stated how this ruling is constitutional.

Joe Biden
Wolfpackrich1
What happened to all the justices saying during confirmation that they believed Roe vs Wade was established law?
PackFansXL
Wolfpackrich1 said:

What happened to all the justices saying during confirmation that they believed Roe vs Wade was established law?
DrummerboyWolf
Wolfpack said:

Wolfpackrich1 said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Wolfpackrich1 said:

Same for all males too.

Then you know nothing about how this country was formed as a Nation under God. It's in all the founding documents. All you have to do is read them.
Wolfpackrich1
I agree with what you say. They hide behind that the constitution does not mention abortion. It also does not mention high volume gun clips but does that make them illegal?
Wolfpackrich1
Separation of church and state? All men created equally but they side stepped slavery?
So how does that fit under god?
packgrad
Wolfpackrich1 said:

I agree with what you say. They hide behind that the constitution does not mention abortion. It also does not mention high volume gun clips but does that make them illegal?

Lol. High volume gun clips??? So stupid.
Wolfpackrich1
Look I think that it is a woman's right to choose. I also think that in time women will decide this matter. I am a proud member of Wolfpack nation that spans generations in my family. Many of them women who feel that they have been done wrong on this decision by the Supreme Court. I think in time they will reverse this decision.
Good night to everyone here no matter you feelings in this matter
caryking
Wolfpackrich1 said:

It was never a law! A law is something passed by congress. None of the rulings, by the Supreme Court based on a law that the US Congress passed.

Joe Biden
packgrad
I feel bad for the idiocy of women that feel wronged by not being able to possibly be able to abort a baby if they want to. So stupid.
Wolfpack
DrummerboyWolf said:

Wolfpack said:

Wolfpackrich1 said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Wolfpackrich1 said:

Same for all males too.

Then you know nothing about how this country was formed as a Nation under God. It's in all the founding documents. All you have to do is read them.

I have my God. Doesn't have to be yours. The constitution allows me to practice my religion freely. My religion doesn't include this abortion stipulation
DrummerboyWolf
Wolfpackrich1 said:

Separation of church and state? All men created equally but they side stepped slavery?
So how does that fit under god?
No, the Constitution only says that that "Congress shall make no law respecting and establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof:"

What that means is there can not be a religion sponsored and started by the government. If you want to follow any religion you can. If you don't want to follow any religion you can. The government cannot require you to follow it's or anybody else's religion.

The whole Church and State argument is BS made in the 1940's. It did not state that government offices or schools could not have the Ten Commandments and Bible verses, it just said the STATE or Government cannot have their own religion.

Find the first draft of the Declaration of Independence and you will see that Jefferson, who owned slaves, was trying to free them. They needed all 13 Colonies to stand together or they would all die. To get the southern states to comply they had to take out what Jefferson had written about slavery. Georgia and the Carolinas would not agree unless they could keep their slaves, but when they wrote the Constitution they made it so eventually they could rid themselves of slavery. It took 80 years and a Civil War, but they got it done.

There would be no United States of American had the Colonies not stood together.

It's amazing how ignorant people are of the Constitution and the founding documents. Educate yourself.
packgrad
DrummerboyWolf
Wolfpackrich1 said:

Again you don't know what you are talking about. The right to bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED. Back in the day you could own a cannon or any other weapon the government had. If you could invent something better, then you could use that. The 2nd Amendment is not for hunting, but it's to keep the people safe from a tyrannical government. Exactly what we are seeing now.

Have a good weekend and learn some history.
DrummerboyWolf
Wolfpack said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Wolfpack said:

Wolfpackrich1 said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Wolfpackrich1 said:

Same for all males too.

I have my God. Doesn't have to be yours. The constitution allows me to practice my religion freely. My religion doesn't include this abortion stipulation
Oh so your religion views killing babies as ok? Well that is your choice.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.