Climate Change

40,602 Views | 469 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Werewolf
erniencsu02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ncsupack1 said:

I'll just ask the question on the climate change thread. Did the vaccine stop the spread of the virus?
as someone who gets a flu shot most years I never felt that was the purpose of the vaccine. Always thought it was to make the virus not as brutal when you do get it....which is exactly what the flu shot does. And that's all covid pretty much is. An illness much like the flu.
ncsupack1
erniencsu02 said:

ncsupack1 said:

I'll just ask the question on the climate change thread. Did the vaccine stop the spread of the virus?
as someone who gets a flu shot most years I never felt that was the purpose of the vaccine. Always thought it was to make the virus not as brutal when you do get it....which is exactly what the flu shot does. And that's all covid pretty much is. An illness much like the flu.

Understood. But the current President didn't sell the Covid vaccine that way did he? I get your point, but let's go back and look how the vaccine was sold.
SmaptyWolf
ncsupack1 said:

erniencsu02 said:

ncsupack1 said:

Understood. But the current President didn't sell the Covid vaccine that way did he? I get your point, but let's go back and look how the vaccine was sold.

It absolutely was sold that way. "Take this and you're less likely to die from Covid! Notice how all of the old people who get this shot aren't dying as much anymore? Yeah, that can be you, too!"

Maybe you should consider the sources you get your information from. Seems like you might be getting a funhouse mirror version of reality.
ncsupack1
ncsupack1
https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-business-health-government-and-politics-coronavirus-pandemic-46a270ce0f681caa7e4143e2ae9a0211

Does this count?
SmaptyWolf
ncsupack1 said:

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-business-health-government-and-politics-coronavirus-pandemic-46a270ce0f681caa7e4143e2ae9a0211

Does this count?

Right, at the time of that town hall, about 6 months after the vaccine rollout, what he said was mostly true. Did you read that fact check? Their big "gotcha" was that a relatively small number of breakthrough infections do occur, so it's not technically "complete protection". But it was close enough that the military and businesses thought the idea of mandates was appealing so that they could get back to work sooner rather than later.

It was a few months later, as the Delta variant really took hold, where it became obvious that breakthrough infections were becoming the norm and mandates were pointless. Since then all subsequent boosters have just been based on the idea of reducing illness.

It seems like you guys just fundamentally don't understand what a moving target this virus has been, in terms of how quickly it evolved, but also just how often it defied decades of understanding about how similar viruses behave.

So what are you so mad about exactly? That the best scientist on the planet couldn't predict the future with 100% precision?
ncsupack1
lol… he said it. That fact that you want argue that says more about you than the " got ya ". You are as bad as the hard line Trump people. I like the " mostly " part…nice touch.
SmaptyWolf
ncsupack1 said:

lol… he said it. That fact that you want argue that says more about you than the " got ya ". You are as bad as the hard line Trump people. I like the " mostly " part…nice touch.

Yes, he said it, because at the time it was true. 95% effective in the real world means it's fair to say that you're protected. I swear you guys are learning disabled on this concept or something.
ncsupack1
SmaptyWolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Yes, he said it, because at the time it was true. 95% effective in the real world means it's fair to say that you're protected. I swear you guys are learning disabled on this concept or something.

It wasn't true. I now know why were and others laugh at you about this. You are admitting it was a moving target but yet keep saying it was mostly true. Both can't be the same. You are worked up cause you thought I would quote some random X account.
SmaptyWolf
ncsupack1 said:

SmaptyWolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

It wasn't true. I now know why were and others laugh at you about this. You are admitting it was a moving target but yet keep saying it was mostly true. Both can't be the same. You are worked up cause you thought I would quote some random X account.
Maybe he just gave you too much credit. There has never been a vaccine in human history that was 100% effective. 95% is about as good as it gets. People consider themselves fully protected from measles, but that vaccine isn't 100% either.

So you're OUTRAGED that Biden said that a vaccine that is 95% effective is completely protecting you? And you're STILL mad about it? Lol, Jesus, there's something seriously wrong with you guys.

Anyway, I'm confident that you won't comprehend this (or won't want to), but if the vaccine had stayed 95% effective then just like measles, Covid would basically have ceased to exists outside of wack-job anti-vaxxer communities. It was worth a try.
ncsupack1
SmaptyWolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

SmaptyWolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Maybe he just gave you too much credit. There has never been a vaccine in human history that was 100% effective. 95% is about as good as it gets. People consider themselves fully protected from measles, but that vaccine isn't 100% either.

So you're OUTRAGED that Biden said that a vaccine that is 95% effective is completely protecting you? And you're STILL mad about it? Lol, Jesus, there's something seriously wrong with you guys.

Anyway, I'm confident that you won't comprehend this (or won't want to), but if the vaccine had stayed 95% effective then just like measles, Covid would basically have ceased to exists outside of wack-job anti-vaxxer communities. It was worth a try.

Biden is on record saying, "if you get the vaccine you will not get Covid". How is that not misleading? I feel bad for those who believed him. Also, no outrage here, I'm happy with my choice.
SmaptyWolf
ncsupack1 said:

SmaptyWolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

SmaptyWolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Biden is on record saying, "if you get the vaccine you will not get Covid". How is that not misleading? I feel bad for those who believed him. Also, no outrage here, I'm happy with my choice.
It was only misleading if you're a 14 year old.

You now know that the measles vaccine has never been 100% effective, either, yet they require it to go to public school. Do you feel bad for everyone who got a measles vaccine, too?
ncsupack1
SmaptyWolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

SmaptyWolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

SmaptyWolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

It was only misleading if you're a 14 year old.

You now know that the measles vaccine has never been 100% effective, either, yet they require it to go to public school. Do you feel bad for everyone who got a measles vaccine, too?

I'm going to remember all these " misleading, mostly true " quotes for another day.
Werewolf
Werewolf
predictive programming - its climate crisis and cost of OM&R. you're being manipulated......

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.