Climate Change

11,414 Views | 209 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Werewolf
BBW12OG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
More hypocrisy from the MARXIST PARTY...

Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
Daviewolf83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I thought this was funny:

PackFansXL
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://rogerpielkejr.substack.com/p/what-the-media-wont-tell-you-about

This is an interesting article from a veteran hurricane weather analyst. His conclusion is there is no consensus on whether human causes can be attributed to hurricane activity. It is a field ripe with speculation based on cherry picking datasets to feed one's narrative preferences.
High Travoltage
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BBW12OG said:

More hypocrisy from the MARXIST PARTY...


Came here to post this myself. Perfection.
hokiewolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Interesting article on Babcock Ranch near Ft Meyers. Survived the Hurricane very well. Went private development is out front in change, and the federal government doesn't interfere and pick winners and losers, new ideas can thrive.

https://amp-cnn-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/10/02/us/solar-babcock-ranch-florida-hurricane-ian-climate/index.html
Originator of the Tony Adams Scale
PackFansXL
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"storms are getting bigger and bigger, and it's no surprise, because the warnings have all been there," Grande said. "I think Babcock Ranch's future has gotten even brighter."

This quote is inaccurate.
hokiewolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PackFansXL said:

"storms are getting bigger and bigger, and it's no surprise, because the warnings have all been there," Grande said. "I think Babcock Ranch's future has gotten even brighter."

This quote is inaccurate.
I agree with that. My point being that if you want to love the eco lifestyle, there are free market options. The govt shouldn't be mandating those options.
Originator of the Tony Adams Scale
PackFansXL
How long do you want to ignore this user?
hokiewolf said:

PackFansXL said:

"storms are getting bigger and bigger, and it's no surprise, because the warnings have all been there," Grande said. "I think Babcock Ranch's future has gotten even brighter."

This quote is inaccurate.
I agree with that. My point being that if you want to love the eco lifestyle, there are free market options. The govt shouldn't be mandating those options.
Agreed.
Packchem91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
hokiewolf said:

PackFansXL said:

"storms are getting bigger and bigger, and it's no surprise, because the warnings have all been there," Grande said. "I think Babcock Ranch's future has gotten even brighter."

This quote is inaccurate.
I agree with that. My point being that if you want to love the eco lifestyle, there are free market options. The govt shouldn't be mandating those options.
I think this makes sense regarding options versus mandates. It it is interesting how well this area fared thru the storm though, probably speaks more to planned development as opposed to what has already happened during the rapid growth of cities in FL (above ground vs below ground utilities, stormwater prevention, etc).
dogplasma
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PackFansXL said:

https://rogerpielkejr.substack.com/p/what-the-media-wont-tell-you-about

This is an interesting article from a veteran hurricane weather analyst. His conclusion is there is no consensus on whether human causes can be attributed to hurricane activity. It is a field ripe with speculation based on cherry picking datasets to feed one's narrative preferences.
That's a very good article. Not all major weather events are themselves evidence for climate change, and if you choose to build or live at the coast, then you understand what the consequences may be.

Also from the article (generally relevant to thread):

"This [data on landfall events] is a good example that illustrates why trying to see climate changes with your own eyes is never a good substitute for data and applied climatology."

"Human-caused climate change is of course real and requires vigorous implementation of adaptation and mitigation policies."
Werewolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Packchem91 said:

hokiewolf said:

PackFansXL said:

"storms are getting bigger and bigger, and it's no surprise, because the warnings have all been there," Grande said. "I think Babcock Ranch's future has gotten even brighter."

This quote is inaccurate.
I agree with that. My point being that if you want to love the eco lifestyle, there are free market options. The govt shouldn't be mandating those options.
I think this makes sense regarding options versus mandates. It it is interesting how well this area fared thru the storm though, probably speaks more to planned development as opposed to what has already happened during the rapid growth of cities in FL (above ground vs below ground utilities, stormwater prevention, etc).
I live on the Gulf Coast; I can see the water from my living room. What we often see on the news are the very worst of a hurricane and most often its a very narrow strip of damage right within a block or so of the immediate coast. Hurricane damage is often inflated with the narrative being the damage is much more extensive. A couple hundred million dollars of damage doesn't go very far..
Packchem91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Werewolf said:

Packchem91 said:

hokiewolf said:

PackFansXL said:

"storms are getting bigger and bigger, and it's no surprise, because the warnings have all been there," Grande said. "I think Babcock Ranch's future has gotten even brighter."

This quote is inaccurate.
I agree with that. My point being that if you want to love the eco lifestyle, there are free market options. The govt shouldn't be mandating those options.
I think this makes sense regarding options versus mandates. It it is interesting how well this area fared thru the storm though, probably speaks more to planned development as opposed to what has already happened during the rapid growth of cities in FL (above ground vs below ground utilities, stormwater prevention, etc).
I live on the Gulf Coast; I can see the water from my living room. What we often see on the news are the very worst of a hurricane and most often its a very narrow strip of damage right within a block or so of the immediate coast. Hurricane damage is often inflated with the narrative being the damage is much more extensive. A couple hundred million dollars of damage doesn't go very far..
First, 50 people died in this storm. How do you inflate that?
Second, i get that it can be sensationalized by the media. It plays great (sad, isn't it) on TV to watch water pouring in from from the ocean into city streets/buildings, or watching some numbnut weather guy out holding onto a stop sign to gain leverage in a storm.
Third, there has also been exponential growth and development along these areas, many of which likely don't support it from a true "hurricane safe" perspective. Just since Covid, lots of folks have moved from NE cities to SE coastal areas because they can work remotely. That means a lot more property (expensive property) to be damaged.
Werewolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Packchem91 said:

Werewolf said:

Packchem91 said:

hokiewolf said:

PackFansXL said:

"storms are getting bigger and bigger, and it's no surprise, because the warnings have all been there," Grande said. "I think Babcock Ranch's future has gotten even brighter."

This quote is inaccurate.
I agree with that. My point being that if you want to love the eco lifestyle, there are free market options. The govt shouldn't be mandating those options.
I think this makes sense regarding options versus mandates. It it is interesting how well this area fared thru the storm though, probably speaks more to planned development as opposed to what has already happened during the rapid growth of cities in FL (above ground vs below ground utilities, stormwater prevention, etc).
I live on the Gulf Coast; I can see the water from my living room. What we often see on the news are the very worst of a hurricane and most often its a very narrow strip of damage right within a block or so of the immediate coast. Hurricane damage is often inflated with the narrative being the damage is much more extensive. A couple hundred million dollars of damage doesn't go very far..
First, 50 people died in this storm. How do you inflate that?
Second, i get that it can be sensationalized by the media. It plays great (sad, isn't it) on TV to watch water pouring in from from the ocean into city streets/buildings, or watching some numbnut weather guy out holding onto a stop sign to gain leverage in a storm.
Third, there has also been exponential growth and development along these areas, many of which likely don't support it from a true "hurricane safe" perspective. Just since Covid, lots of folks have moved from NE cities to SE coastal areas because they can work remotely. That means a lot more property (expensive property) to be damaged.

I'm not suggesting this storm wasn't a significant storm........it was a damn CAT 4. CAT 4 changes alot of things........so I agree. I'm talking about in GENERAL. A CAT 4 is a huge step up in damage from a CAT 3.
Werewolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Saving the planet can be strenuous

BBW12OG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We are going to experience REAL climate change this weekend.

It's supposed to rain.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
GuerrillaPack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
New Zealand to tax farmers for cow burps and farts, to "save us from the imminent cataclysm of muh climate change".

So billions of $ will be siphoned off and stolen by the government (to line the pockets of the elite), and the rest of us will pay higher food prices, making our standard of living worse.

And for what? Because all these commie Libtard idiots believe the ridiculous lies about the "North Pole ice cap totally melting and drowning us" or some other mythical "imminent cataclysm from global warming"? We all have to suffer because all these degenerates and morons believe the lies of the Satanic communist elites, and vote these communist tyrants into power in government? This is why democracy doesn't work. Because most people are gullible idiots.

"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
Werewolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BBW12OG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Here's the actual "Climate Change" thread that dawson can comment on. This is better than cluttering up the Sleepy Joe thread with nonsense about the end of days coming due to the BS of climate change.....

Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
BBW12OG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
More about the climate change hoax....

Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
dogplasma
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BBW12OG said:

More about the climate change hoax....




Look, the recession is a hoax! Go Biden!


BBW12OG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Notice all the tree hugging climate hoaxers have disappeared....

Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
GuerrillaPack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Commie libtard liars now say you cannot have pets because eating a meat-based diet contributes to muh global warming hoax.

"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
dogplasma
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Found in today's N&O. First word in title should probably say "why".


How we think humans triggered global warming
https://eedition.newsobserver.com/popovers/dynamic_article_popover.aspx?artguid=ecac6ba7-7293-4a91-8d26-6c526ba6c056&appcode=OBSERV&eguid=352dc84f-7fa1-4d06-b838-e2841c853637&pnum=69#
BBW12OG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GuerrillaPack said:

Commie libtard liars now say you cannot have pets because eating a meat-based diet contributes to muh global warming hoax.


God these people are insufferable. How miserable do you have to be in order to qualify to be lefty libtard? I mean seriously...

I would like the board libbies to sack up and finally answer a question.

Do you liberals wake up every damn day and try to find some new cause, situation, etc... to b i t c h, moan and complain about?

Are you that unhappy with your own lives you want to ruin it for the rest of us?

Judging from what I have seen at the protests organized by liberals you damn sure don't have anything "lovely and attractive" at home that is pleasing on the eyes!!

Please respond if you have the guts.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
Oldsouljer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yes, I own a piece of land located in Florida's interior, thought I'd own an island, everybody's dream, by now. These climate nuts lied and now I am holding a worthless lot. I'm furious, furious!, I tell you!!
GuerrillaPack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wow, I'm just utterly shocked.

The same people promoting the climate change hoax/fraud are now calling for the overthrow of capitalism, and the establishment of socialism/communism.

It's almost like the ideological Left have been Marxists all along, as we've been saying for years.

https://instagr.am/p/CkoXyaPgjXT
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
BBW12OG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GuerrillaPack said:

Wow, I'm just utterly shocked.

The same people promoting the climate change hoax/fraud are now calling for the overthrow of capitalism, and the establishment of socialism/communism.

It's almost like the ideological Left have been Marxists all along, as we've been saying for years.

https://instagr.am/p/CkoXyaPgjXT
This is what it has always been about.

MARXISM is the way of the future for the left. And I dare any of you lefties to deny that with evidence.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
BBW12OG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
Daviewolf83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We need significant investments in nuclear power generation. It is the only method of power generation that will meaningfully provide the power necessary for the world's needs. The people pushing solar/wind instead of nuclear, gas, and fossil fuels are anti-industrialists.

dogplasma
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Agreed! But I don't think it's either/or - we can have nuclear AND wind and solar. But until wind and solar are able to shoulder the load, if they ever can, nuclear is poised right now to do that if we let it.
Werewolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GuerrillaPack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So hundreds of the top poltical scum of the earth and other faux "elite" hobgoblin Satanic trash similar to George Soros have flown on their private jets (burning tens of thousands of gallons of fuel) to Egypt for another "climate conference", to lecture all of us on how we must be made poor and easier to control and transfer trillions of $ of our wealth to these elites in "carbon taxes".....errrrrr, I mean, do all that to "save the world" from the mythical imminent "cataclysm that is going to kill us all" (that will never come) from the temperature allegedly rising a few tenths of a degree.

Our commie fake president kid sniffer in chief says it's an "existential threat to the planet" guyz!!!!!

https://www.reuters.com/business/environment/cop27-biden-says-climate-crisis-is-about-human-security-economic-security-2022-11-11/

We're all gonna die soon if we don't do what these communists say!! We can trust them! If anyone cares about saving human life, it's these communist trash who want to murder millions of unborn babies every year.

You know what...since these commie elites say that human population must be reduced, then they should all volunteer and give themselves a post-birth abortion and abort all their children and do their part to "save the planet". At the very least, they should give up their private jets and stop being massive hypocrites and burning fossil fuels. But sadly no...they will continue to be hypocrites and only demand that the lowly goyim serfs abort their children, pay the carbon taxes, and be banned from using cheap fuels.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
PackFansXL
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.jamesgmartin.center/2022/11/why-the-left-relies-on-statistical-illiteracy/

I know this topic is not the same as what this article is referencing but this article mentions the general problem we have in science literature today.

Quote:

In September 2022, three researchers published the provocatively titled article, "Do Introductory Courses Disproportionately Drive Minoritized Students Out of STEM Pathways?" That article got loads of social media publicity for its conclusion that unequal withdrawal rates from STEM degree tracks are due to systemic racism.

No rigorous and fair-minded researcher with any understanding of statistics, experimental design, or the irreproducibility crisis would take this study seriously. Indeed, the fact that it passed peer review is yet more evidence that peer review now functions to credential and accelerate groupthink rather than to deter it.
Werewolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?



It fits the puzzle.
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.