Minnesota Officer Who Shot Daunte Wright Meant to Fire Taser

61,665 Views | 659 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by hokiewolf
packgrad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
pineknollshoresking said:

Civilized said:

James Henderson said:

TheStorm said:

hokiewolf said:

James Henderson said:

I need to be President because here is what I'd do.

Within precincts have white and black cops split into divisions. When a 911/disturbance call comes in, first question is what race are you? If it's a white person on the phone, send a white cop. If it's a black person, send a black cop. As a native American I don't know what they'd do if one of us calls, but no one seems to really care about non-white/non-black people now anyways so I guess just send whoever.

But if you handle it this way when a cop shoots someone, race won't be the issue. Then it's just about the cop making the right or wrong decision (which is is what I tend to think it is 9 times out of 10 now anyways, but this will clean it all up).

See, make me President!
damn, James wanders into The Water Cooler and brings fire
Nope. James just doesn't look at things from a "political" angle... he tends to focus more on "common sense" with issues like this and of course he's nailed it again...
You'd think everyone would look at things from a common sense standpoint. It's so easy.

Does Chauvin need to be punished? You're damn right. Do I think he did what he did because George Floyd was black? No. I think he's a cop who doesn't properly know how to do his job, at least in that instance, and for that, he should be punished for it.

I think some people need to see a cop wearing a Klan hoodie while killing a black guy for them to think race played a part.

People that feel that way think that unconscious bias is a made-up thing.

Unconscious bias permeates a lot of what we do and how we interact with the world every day but I get that some people think of it as all or nothing.

For them it's binary, either the cop is an avowed racist and killed a suspect because he consciously hates blacks, or else we must conclude that race played no part at all. There's no room for a more nuanced view.

Relatedly, a lot of these issues boil down to two camps but it's not Democrats and Republicans, it's people that are much more comfortable with black and white labels, and people that view life as full of nuance.

Good cop/bad cop
Law-abiding citizen/criminal
Racist/not racist
Responsible/irresponsible

Life is full of shades of gray and unfortunately isn't always that simple.
Good lord, Civ!

The **** got thick on that one.
Packchem91
James Henderson said:

hokiewolf said:

James Henderson said:

Within precincts have white and black cops split into divisions. When a 911/disturbance call comes in, first question is what race are you? If it's a white person on the phone, send a white cop. If it's a black person, send a black cop. As a native American I don't know what they'd do if one of us calls, but no one seems to really care about non-white/non-black people now anyways so I guess just send whoever.

But if you handle it this way when a cop shoots someone, race won't be the issue. Then it's just about the cop making the right or wrong decision (which is is what I tend to think it is 9 times out of 10 now anyways, but this will clean it all up).

See, make me President!
I think it's actually a damn good idea.

I don't know who I'd get sent out as an Indian if I had to call 911, but who gives a ***** Right?
So...the continued dumbing down of America? Hmmm, lets color by numbers, and make sure that only black cops serve black people and visa versa.

I can envision the 911 call.....I'm sorry ma'am, I understand you are being chased by a man with a gun, but I need to ask, what color are you? You're black? OK, what about guy chasing you? He's white....oh lord, I dont know who to send out now......

Given this logic, why do we have Wes as our basketball coach then (we know some male coaches have been improper with women players under them, after all)?

James Henderson
Staff
Packchem91 said:

James Henderson said:

hokiewolf said:

James Henderson said:

See, make me President!

I don't know who I'd get sent out as an Indian if I had to call 911, but who gives a ***** Right?
So...the continued dumbing down of America? Hmmm, lets color by numbers, and make sure that only black cops serve black people and visa versa.

I can envision the 911 call.....I'm sorry ma'am, I understand you are being chased by a man with a gun, but I need to ask, what color are you? You're black? OK, what about guy chasing you? He's white....oh lord, I dont know who to send out now......

Given this logic, why do we have Wes as our basketball coach then (we know some male coaches have been improper with women players under them, after all)?

How is it dumbing down America? I view it as eliminating police brutality due to racism. Isn't that what everyone wants?

1. Eliminate racism between cops
2. Eliminate civilians being shot by cops

How are those two outcomes bad?

In your scenario, you send out an African American cop.
Packchem91
James Henderson said:

Packchem91 said:

James Henderson said:

hokiewolf said:

James Henderson said:

See, make me President!

How is it dumbing down America? I view it as eliminating police brutality due to racism. Isn't that what everyone wants?

LOL, its funny taht in this same thread, we are advocating for "personal accountability" (and that clearly some people can't do that). But then saying, lets forget personal accountability, lets just segregate everyone because we just have to accept some people will always be racist.

Again, are people against cops shooting criminals who threaten them, or are they against cops who shoot/murder people who are unarmed?

BTW, do you also only allow black prosecutors, black judges and black juries to try black accused? Because we should also be able to see....there is race (and economic) inequality there as well.
James Henderson
Staff
Packchem91 said:

James Henderson said:

Packchem91 said:

James Henderson said:

hokiewolf said:

James Henderson said:

See, make me President!

LOL, its funny taht in this same thread, we are advocating for "personal accountability" (and that clearly some people can't do that). But then saying, lets forget personal accountability, lets just segregate everyone because we just have to accept some people will always be racist.

Again, are people against cops shooting criminals who threaten them, or are they against cops who shoot/murder people who are unarmed?

BTW, do you also only allow black prosecutors, black judges and black juries to try black accused? Because we should also be able to see....there is race (and economic) inequality there as well.
I'm not accepting anyone is racist. IMO, in most cases I don't believe racism is the actual problem, but for those who believe it is, I think my setup can greatly reduce/eliminate that.

You want it both way it seems. You want to keep putting cops of various races in these situations where you can randomly decide if their actions are based on race or not.

Did you watch my video above on Tony Timpa, a white man? I think all the cops who sat on his back for 15?minutes were white. Were they racist or just **** cops who need to be punished?
Packchem91
James Henderson said:

Packchem91 said:

James Henderson said:

Packchem91 said:

James Henderson said:

hokiewolf said:

James Henderson said:

See, make me President!

I'm not accepting anyone is racist. IMO, in most cases I don't believe racism is the actual problem, but for those who believe it is, I think my setup can greatly reduce/eliminate that.

You want it both way it seems. You want to keep putting cops of various races in these situations where you can randomly decide if their actions are based on race or not.

Did you watch my video above on Tony Timpa, a white man? I think all the cops who sat on his back for 15?minutes were white. Were they racist or just **** cops who need to be punished?
So again, do you only allow black prosecutors? Do you only allow black juries?
Maybe...we also hold our leaders accountable for spreading fear. Already the vultures are out on the newest shooting -- of a 16 yo girl in Columbus OH.
Lebron tweets a picture of the cop with a "you're next" tag (which he/his team then deleted)
Psaki has already referenced it talking about systemic racism.
Lets forget the fact that the girl has a knife in her hand attackign another person.

So we have the office of POTUS jumping in and clearly prejudicing the situation before all the facts could possibly be known, and one of the most influential (maybe THE most to the black community) men in the world stirring the pot. Maybe...And I'm just spit-balling here, but that kind of sensationalizing of the news contributes to some of the problem? Immediately, instead of having to unwind the case, we instead have to take sides as to good/bad?
Packchem91
^BTW, so in the Columbus case, using James' solution...a white cop drives up on the situation...and stops, backs away, and waits for a black cop to show up? And if someone gets killed by the suspect, well, thats just the risk we take to avoid having Lebron and Biden call us racist?
Glasswolf
I really don't think race played a part in George Floyds killing. I think it was a bad cop on a power trip. Once Floyd was cuffed and on his face he could have placed his knee 18" to the right in the middle of his back. George Floyd would have lived another day and Chauvin would be free today.

And yes I have family that are cops. Both have said what Chauvin did was out of line
James Henderson
Staff
Packchem91 said:

^BTW, so in the Columbus case, using James' solution...a white cop drives up on the situation...and stops, backs away, and waits for a black cop to show up? And if someone gets killed by the suspect, well, thats just the risk we take to avoid having Lebron and Biden call us racist?

No in James scenario a white cop never shows up. A black cop does and if someone gets shot than no one thinks it's because of skin color.
James Henderson
Staff
Glasswolf said:

I really don't think race played a part in George Floyds killing. I think it was a bad cop on a power trip. Once Floyd was cuffed and on his face he could have placed his knee 18" to the right in the middle of his back. George Floyd would have lived another day and Chauvin would be free today.

And yes I have family that are cops. Both have said what Chauvin did was out of line

100 percent agree.
hokiewolf
James Henderson said:

hokiewolf said:

James Henderson said:

See, make me President!

got to have a couple of Hendersons, Bells, Lowrys and Locklears on every force! Maybe mix in an Oxendine too
James Henderson
Staff
Packchem91 said:

James Henderson said:

Packchem91 said:

James Henderson said:

Packchem91 said:

James Henderson said:

hokiewolf said:

James Henderson said:

See, make me President!

Maybe...we also hold our leaders accountable for spreading fear. Already the vultures are out on the newest shooting -- of a 16 yo girl in Columbus OH.
Lebron tweets a picture of the cop with a "you're next" tag (which he/his team then deleted)
Lets forget the fact that the girl has a knife in her hand attackign another person.

So we have the office of POTUS jumping in and clearly prejudicing the situation before all the facts could possibly be known, and one of the most influential (maybe THE most to the black community) men in the world stirring the pot. Maybe...And I'm just spit-balling here, but that kind of sensationalizing of the news contributes to some of the problem? Immediately, instead of having to unwind the case, we instead have to take sides as to good/bad?

Jurors, judges, and prosecutors can be whatever color. I don't recall seeing a Juror pull up and allegedly shoot someone because of their skin color.

But if we want to think those folks are doing their job based on hatred for another race than sure, why not?

I want to eliminate racism and the perceived thought of racism. Now I still think in my setup citizens will still get shot and police brutality will continue to exist, but I don't think we really want to change that, we seem to want to change the race part of it.
James Henderson
Staff
hokiewolf said:

James Henderson said:

hokiewolf said:

James Henderson said:

See, make me President!

got to have a couple of Hendersons, Bells, Lowrys and Locklears on every force! Maybe mix in an Oxendine too

Those fellas will come out and say, "Come on cuz!"

Packchem91
James Henderson said:

Packchem91 said:

No in James scenario a white cop never shows up. A black cop does and if someone gets shot than no one thinks it's because of skin color.
Well chalk me up as not wanting to live in your town. The day I have to be exposed to further danger because I have to wait for a white cop is sad beyond belief.

Just clean up the policing of people. Quit busting heads because you can. And for god's sake, don't endanger even more people to build in your layer of segregation

And for the record, I don't know if race played a part in the Floyd case or not. Only one person can say whether Chauvin would have treated me or you the same way he did Floyd given otherwise similar circumstances. I tend to agree it was just a powerhungry cop who acted badly. But I do believe with all my conviction, that there are tremendous examples of black people being singled out by police for no good reason....and believe that is likely much more prevalent than the other way around.
packgrad
Packchem91 said:

James Henderson said:

Packchem91 said:

James Henderson said:

Packchem91 said:

James Henderson said:

hokiewolf said:

James Henderson said:

See, make me President!

It's hard to believe anyone follows this moron. It's racist now to use people's words against them. Dumb ass.

Packchem91
packgrad said:

Packchem91 said:

James Henderson said:

Packchem91 said:

James Henderson said:

Packchem91 said:

James Henderson said:

hokiewolf said:

James Henderson said:

See, make me President!

It's hard to believe anyone follows this moron. It's racist now to use people's words against them. Dumb ass.

I have no issue with him being an advocate...you have a platform, use it to help others. But, it is ironic he'd used accountability. I guess that applies up until it affects your own financial gain from the Chinese market?

Alas....thats a different topic altogether.

In this case....again, i get him wanting to advocate for avoiding shootings. But his first post was most certainly about the one cop. It was used to stir hate because that was the very intention of the tweet.
packgrad

pack95
Packchem91 said:

James Henderson said:

Packchem91 said:

Well chalk me up as not wanting to live in your town. The day I have to be exposed to further danger because I have to wait for a white cop is sad beyond belief.

Just clean up the policing of people. Quit busting heads because you can. And for god's sake, don't endanger even more people to build in your layer of segregation

And for the record, I don't know if race played a part in the Floyd case or not. Only one person can say whether Chauvin would have treated me or you the same way he did Floyd given otherwise similar circumstances. I tend to agree it was just a powerhungry cop who acted badly. But I do believe with all my conviction, that there are tremendous examples of black people being singled out by police for no good reason....and believe that is likely much more prevalent than the other way around.

Ditto on not wanting to live in James' town. That may be the most asinine scenario I have ever heard. I'm in danger, but don't send a cop of another color.
pack95
Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Packchem91 said:

James Henderson said:

Packchem91 said:

James Henderson said:

Packchem91 said:

James Henderson said:

hokiewolf said:

James Henderson said:

See, make me President!

I have no issue with him being an advocate...you have a platform, use it to help others. But, it is ironic he'd used accountability. I guess that applies up until it affects your own financial gain from the Chinese market?

Alas....thats a different topic altogether.

In this case....again, i get him wanting to advocate for avoiding shootings. But his first post was most certainly about the one cop. It was used to stir hate because that was the very intention of the tweet.

In my job, we Pareto issues to figure out what to go after first to get the biggest bang for the buck. With black on black killings being 10 gazillion times more than cops killing blacks, why isn't he asking for work to fix those issues?
James Henderson
Staff
pack95 said:

Packchem91 said:

James Henderson said:

Packchem91 said:

Ditto on not wanting to live in James' town. That may be the most asinine scenario I have ever heard. I'm in danger, but don't send a cop of another color.
Brother, my scenario is trying to protect you from racist cops.

Hire more cops, make them readily available. Try to figure out what to do with non-white/black citizens. This is IMO the easiest way to eliminate racism that's supposed to lead to police brutality.
pack95
James Henderson said:

pack95 said:

Packchem91 said:

James Henderson said:

Packchem91 said:

Hire more cops, make them readily available. Try to figure out what to do with non-white/black citizens. This is IMO the easiest way to eliminate racism that's supposed to lead to police brutality.

So, how many black cops are you going to have to employ in Chicago and Detroit to make this happen? How you going to pay for it?
pack95
James Henderson said:

pack95 said:

Packchem91 said:

James Henderson said:

Packchem91 said:

And racism is not the problem! Send a black cop to my defense any time; I welcome it.
wolfman18
Democrats that see issues: " funding, funding, funding"

Police issues: "defund"

Huh?
Civilized
wolfman18 said:

Democrats that see issues: " funding, funding, funding"

Police issues: "defund"

Huh?

Democrats like to tax and spend.

Pubs like to 'not tax' and still spend.

Neither is exactly awesome.

"Defund the police" doesn't have political support from either party.
hokiewolf
Actually, Republicans these days like to spend and not tax. Weird right?
Originator of the Tony Adams Scale
TheStorm
Packchem91 said:

I'm starting to wonder if / when it will finally sink in... James really sucked you in deep this time.

Just imagine the BLM outrage if the suspect had been trying to stab a white woman instead and was shot by the white cop... or, even better yet - what do you think the radical narrative would have been if in the real scenario the white cop(s) just all stood by (and were videoed) and let the other young woman get stabbed to death? You think it would have been any different? I don't. The message remains that cops are racist.

It's about wanting to be able to blame (insert color here if necessary) police for one's own lack of "personal accountability"...
packgrad
The tragic irony of the race baiting fraud Lebron's tweet is that a 13 year old black girl was stabbed to death yesterday. That doesn't outrage him at all. Only in that situation when a white police officer shoots a black girl that is in the process of trying to murder another black girl is he outraged. Just like the majority of today's "civil rights" activists, black lives ONLY matter when a white person is involved.

Edit to add... this statistic will also go in the police reformists pocketbook of a white police on black shooting where the suspect did not have a a gun, and used to drive the narrative of "too many".
Packman1970
The athletes here at NCSU should really read these forums....
TheStorm
packgrad said:

Just like the majority of today's "civil rights" activists, black lives ONLY matter when a white person is involved.
Perfectly said. You can add a couple of regular posters to this thread to that list as well.
Civilized
Fo sho, and what I was trying to say albeit with awkward grammar. Edited mine for clarity.

Dems are what they are (taxers and spenders) but Pubs need a return to more fiscal conservatism. A party of compassionate fiscal conservatives would crush it in this country over the next 20 years as *more* liberal ideologies on topics like LGBTQ rights clearly tip towards broad mainstream acceptance. Pubs can't be George Bush's family values party from 2004 for the next generation.

There are a ton of people in this country that aren't Puritans socially but also with whom the identity politics of the left don't resonate. The right needs to stop defining themselves as anti-woke and anti-immigration and really drive home what they believe in in "pro-" whatever terms from a marketing standpoint.

They bring back women and the majority of independents if they can figure that out.
wilmwolf
I'm not opposed to famous people using their platforms for social issues, but when you are perhaps the most famous person in the world, and you have 50 million worldwide twitter followers, your content must be held to a much higher standard than everyone else. It is tragic and unfortunate that the girl died, but that that tragedy falls squarely on her shoulders for trying to kill another person. For Lebron to tweet what he did, after the video of the incident had already been released and it was clear what occurred, is extremely irresponsible and negligent, possibly criminally so. Twitter has no problem censoring or banning political actors for tweeting falsehoods and spreading misinformation, it is extremely hypocritical that they wouldn't also do the same for a celebrity. If I were that police officer, the ink would be drying on that lawsuit before the end of today. Lebron made him a target, and clearly knew that is what he was doing when he tweeted what he did.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
packgrad
The right isn't anti immigration. False narrative.
IseWolf22
Civilized said:

Gopack80 said:

Civilized said:

Gopack80 said:

When are we going to stop talking about the issues of policing and talk about the deep-rooted cultural issues that perpetuate the behavior of many of these people? Or is talk about personal accountability and responsibility still off limits?

Why wouldn't we keep talking about both of them until their status is satisfactory?

We can have concurrent conversations but there's no reason to condition one based on the status of the other.

I don't know anyone on the left talking about the latter. That discussion is completely one sided.

No it's not. That discussion just doesn't make MSM headlines. That doesn't mean it's not out there.

Decreasing gang violence, decreasing gun violence, increasing mentorship, reducing poverty, increasing educational and job opportunities all get discussed politically, in academia, and in the community.

They're definitely not the blaring MSM headlines though.
Solving crime and poverty is something that every government in the world wishes they had an answer to. There are lots of activists that work on these issues as their life's work, including in places like Chicago. Just because mainstream media ignores this type of stuff, it doesn't mean it's not also a major issue that people work to address.
IseWolf22
pineknollshoresking said:

jkpackfan said:

Lmao dude I'm about as far from being a lefty as there is. If you don't think there are bad cops out there then I don't know what to say.

The police unions make it a lot more difficult to sort out the bad ones.

I'm not arguing that cops don't put up with a bunch of **** as I'm friends with 2 and there's no way I'd want that job.
While we are attacking unions, let's get rid of them all. If they are not helping within the Police, think about what they are doing in other industries...
Public sector unions should be abolished. They extract money and policy concessions from politicians who are more beholden to the union than to constituents.

Private sector unions should be allowed due to freedom of association. But I'd support removing the regulations that entrench them. Right to work laws are good.
IseWolf22
metcalfmafia said:

Do we start a new thread about the police officer in Columbia, MO saving the girl from being stabbed?
I had no idea what you were talking about until this morning.

I think this one is pretty cut and dry. Police should be able to use deadly force to prevent deadly force. A stabbing is serious and a few seconds delay could have resulted in that person's death. I do think it's tragic a 16 year old is dead. I mourn her and for her family, while also not blaming the officer here.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.