Super Regional NC State @ Georgia 6/10 gamer 3l UPDATED 7pm espn

131,356 Views | 1606 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by JCooke93
ChemE94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The journey of 1000 miles begins with one step...
ClePack
pblanks said:

For all you experts, betting is legal in NC now.

This team has been resilient as hell all year. They deserve our support. It's a series after all.

The real question is what pitching does UGA have left to throw at us? We have 4 really, really good options tomorrow. I like our chances.

Their starter from game 1 will be back
kmb717
Pop up city today. Jeez.
PB13
Really can't emphasize how big of a blunder the second inning was. Had runners on first and second with no outs and their bullpen was warming. Instead that scrub goes 6.2 and saves their pen.
GeeBee
Epidemic of pop ups today. Baseball is such a game of inches.
matracey
GeeBee said:

Centimeters really
Rob McLamb
Staff
The Georgia dugout and a few fans that enjoy yelling at NC State are having a lot of fun this afternoon. Tomorrow will be interesting.
Twitter: @RobMcLamb
DanielWilsonIPS
matracey said:

GeeBee said:

Centimeters really
That's cricket.
Daniel Wilson
Staff Writer, IPS
Producer, Learfield
NCBWA Member
ChemE94
Our big 3 in Pennington, A-Mak, and Cozart need to show out big time tomorrow. Not going to win it if your stars are quiet, and as I am typing that Cozart goes yard - lol
Werewolf
GeeBee said:

When the P's off-speed stuff is working and he's throwing it for strikes it makes his fastball up faster.......can make you a gnat's ass behind. We were late getting the barrel of the bat to the ball on the high stuff which causes a lot of pop ups. I agree with Lefty we could have been more patient at the plate in the early innings......make him work some.
GeeBee
Werewolf said:

GeeBee said:

When the P's off-speed stuff is working and he's throwing it for strikes it makes his fastball up faster.......can make you a gnat's ass behind. We were late getting the barrel of the bat to the ball on the high stuff which causes a lot of pop ups. I agree with Lefty we could have been more patient at the plate in the early innings......make him work some.

Yeah. And after the base running blunder on the short fly ball and then getting caught stealing we lost the opportunity to put just a little pressure on Finley. He was just too comfortable out there but that is baseball and every day is different especially at the college level.
Tootie4Pack
In two games, the team wearing the black jerseys has won big.
rmcwpups
Nairo said:

I like Sosa as a prospect but it's been a tough year. Probably asked more of him than he /was ready for.
I don't get it. He seems to have a high strike out rate. Why not put Chase Nixon in that spot?
Nairo
Chase batted .319 from the last side last year (.316 in conference) and is collecting splinters in his ass this year

rmcwpups said:

Nairo said:

I like Sosa as a prospect but it's been a tough year. Probably asked more of him than he /was ready for.
I don't get it. He seems to have a high strike out rate. Why not put Chase Nixon in that spot?
Slobbering_Wolf
Nairo said:

Chase batted .319 from the last side last year (.316 in conference) and is collecting splinters in his ass this year

rmcwpups said:

Nairo said:

I wonder if he would hit the portal
M_A
I was also echo that I dont think Alex Sosa has looked very good in the hopes that he has a big game tomorrow
wilmwolf
Just wasn't our day. Guys never quit. All hands on deck tomorrow, go Pack!
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
The Gatekeeper.
Homer Dumbarse.
DrummerboyWolf
This game was pretty much over when Cozart got thrown out at third. Poor decision by Jacob.

Yesterday we played a very sound fundamental game. One of the best games we played all year. Today we did not play with intelligence or patience and it burned us. Leighton couldn't throw strikes consistently but we went up there hacking away when we should have been taking pitches. We swing on 2-0 counts knowing we need base runners. We were behind but we could have made them work a little more.

Hopefully they can get the mojo back tomorrow.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
Borowolf10
Nairo said:

rmcwpups said:

Nairo said:

It's Heavner that Chase needs to be in for. Move Luke back to second base. I really don't get why we have the lineup like this against a team that throws almost all righties.
wilmwolf
We've put our best defensive lineup in the field. It's really not hard to understand. Whether it's the right thing to do or not, I don't know, but it has us one game from the CWS, so I doubt it changes.
The Gatekeeper.
Homer Dumbarse.
Nairo
I'm talking about putting a .300+ junior left handed batter at DH in place of a .200 left handed freshman all else equal with speed and power.
kmb717
We're gonna get a Monday noon game aren't we?
Wolfer79
kmb717 said:

To be determined
metcalfmafia
kmb717 said:

That would be best for crowd control.
Borowolf10
Nairo said:

I'm talking about putting a .300+ junior left handed batter at DH in place of a .200 left handed freshman all else equal with speed and power.

I think with Sosa's power you have to keep him in the lineup.
matracey
Nairo said:

Chase Nixon isn't a .300+ hitter. Not sure where you're getting that from. It's not all else equal with power. They're looking for more pop in the bottom of the lineup.

Sosa has 5 home runs, slugging .381, OPS of .731
Nixon has 0 home runs, slugging .290 which is worst on the team, OPS of .693
matracey
It's funny I didn't see anyone saying we should switch up the lineup after scoring 18 runs yesterday and Heavner and Sosa were 2/11.

Switching out Chase Nixon for either of those guys isn't going to make or break our game tomorrow. It's going to be the top of the lineup if they perform or not as usual.
wilmwolf
matracey said:

Nairo said:

Chase Nixon isn't a .300+ hitter. Not sure where you're getting that from. It's not all else equal with power. They're looking for more pop in the bottom of the lineup.

Sosa has 5 home runs, slugging .381, OPS of .731
Nixon has 0 home runs, slugging .290 which is worst on the team, OPS of .693

Sosa is definitely a work in progress, but he's shown tremendous upside. I like Chase a lot, but he can't change a game with one swing. The fact that Sosa can makes teams have to approach our lineup differently and his resurgence is one of the reasons we've been playing so well. We're a day removed from scoring 18 runs, I don't think we're going to see an overhaul of the lineup.
The Gatekeeper.
Homer Dumbarse.
Wolfpack91
One game and everything on the line tomorrow & I like our chances.

'I've been known on occasion to howl at the moon.'

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Wolfpacklife
Our guys just need to play loose tomorrow. Go out and give it everything in the tank!
Pack Grad married to Pack Grad

JacksonWilliford
State gets a chance to get to Omaha tomorrow with Logan Whitaker, Cooper Consiglio, Jacob Dudan, and Derrick Smith all rested

I'd take that set up to advance every day of the week
Why not us?

Follow me on twitter: @fj_williford
StateFan2001
Borowolf10 said:

Nairo said:

rmcwpups said:

Nairo said:

It's Heavner that Chase needs to be in for. Move Luke back to second base. I really don't get why we have the lineup like this against a team that throws almost all righties.

Agree. If a RHP is on the mound Chase should be in for Heavner. If a LhP go ahead and put Heavner in for Chase.
StateFan2001
How is that our best defensive lineup. Luke has never played OF and Chase is an OF. I would say Luke snd Heavner are a draw at 2B or maybe Luke is a bit better (more range and better arm).
StateFan2001
I wouldn't take Sosa out of lineup.
CLTWolf
StateFan2001 said:

How is that our best defensive lineup. Luke has never played OF and Chase is an OF. I would say Luke snd Heavner are a draw at 2B or maybe Luke is a bit better (more range and better arm).
The little brother that has never played OF (that you know of) is better than big brother out there. Way better.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.