Super Regional NC State @ Georgia 6/10 gamer 3l UPDATED 7pm espn

127,900 Views | 1606 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by JCooke93
wilmwolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CLTWolf said:

StateFan2001 said:

How is that our best defensive lineup. Luke has never played OF and Chase is an OF. I would say Luke snd Heavner are a draw at 2B or maybe Luke is a bit better (more range and better arm).
The little brother that has never played OF (that you know of) is better than big brother out there. Way better.

Anyone who has watched Chase run and doesn't understand why Luke is a better option isn't worth talking to. It's not our most ideal defensive lineup, but that's goes out the window when a guy breaks his leg.

ETA- I'm not trying to be down on Chase, he's done a lot for us, but he's not an ideal left fielder.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
The Gatekeeper.
Homer Dumbarse.
StateFan2001
lol yeah you know better.
Bismarck
Let me preface this by saying I think we win tomorrow.

IF we don''t win, let's please don't turn it into an Avent bashing session. This year, as he has done more often than not, Avent has us in the postseason. Win or lose tomorrow, we'll finish in the top 15 nationally.

Not to say I always agree with every decision, but the man knows baseball and is a great coach.

metcalfmafia
I wasn't sitting here watching today thinking "man I wish Chase Nixon was in."
SexualChocolate
Play the lineup that got us here. We have a tremendous amount of arms and I think it's better than what GA can put forth. We were real aggressive at the plate in Game 1 and we tried to carry it over to Game 2 but we should have been more patient. I just hope we have hot bats and with our pitching, we win.
boguesound
Good grief. When are we playing tomorrow?
Glasswolf
boguesound said:

Good grief. When are we playing tomorrow?
Either noon or 7 PM. Depends on the results of some more games today.
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

Borowolf10
People forget Chase Nixon was critical in the Burns Wake Forest game. He makes the opposing pitcher work.
DanielWilsonIPS
My two cents: there's a part of me that thinks Chase Nixon and Matt Heavner should be interchangeable on L/R matchup. But there's also the "if it ain't broke..." mindset where it seems this lineup has been more or less consistently efficient.
Daniel Wilson
Staff Writer, IPS
Producer, Learfield
NCBWA Member
matracey
It's always the guy not playing that's the savior of the season lol

MJ Morris then LJ Thomas and now Chase Nixon
Alex Gee
Staff
Heavner makes a ton of winning type plays. He's been really good up the middle and has pretty good bat control that can create issues for other teams. Luke makes plays in LF that Chase just can't, and I really like Chase a lot.

It's gotta be Sosa in there at DH and that's coming from a guy who has post history questioning that change. He can win you games with a single swing. Can't just look at stats from a 30,000 foot view with these guys. Sosa has been a difference maker recently regardless of what his season stats show. Almost impossible to rebound statistically from an 0-37 stretch.
Alex Gee
Staff
Man, it feels gross having Chase lumped with those guys haha.
matracey
Alex Gee said:

Man, it feels gross having Chase lumped with those guys haha.

Haha I know right? He's definitely better than those guys relative to their sport and position but at the same time he's not changing the outcome of this game single-handedly
FlockaWolf
Who will UGA start?
Alex Gee
Staff
7p. ESPN. Lets ride.
Alex Gee
Staff
FlockaWolf said:

Who will UGA start?

Zach Harris most likely.
CLTWolf
Alex Gee said:

FlockaWolf said:

Who will UGA start?

Zach Harris most likely.
I assumed it would be the cheater guy. He's started the 2nd most games on that squad this year.

Alex Gee
Staff
CLTWolf said:

Alex Gee said:

FlockaWolf said:

Who will UGA start?

Zach Harris most likely.
I assumed it would be the cheater guy. He's started the 2nd most games on that squad this year.

Just going off recent trends it looks like he's transitioned to a bullpen role.
CackalackRunner
Alex Gee said:

CLTWolf said:

Alex Gee said:

FlockaWolf said:

Who will UGA start?

Zach Harris most likely.

Did any official ever catch him cheating or do we just have the videos of him cheating?

Of all possibilities I expect the umpires & NCAA to take the easiest path of least resistance and cheating or not that dude will get to pitch tomorrow with no issues.
Alex Gee
Staff
No, I don't think so. I do think the numbers surrounding that appearance are pretty damning.
CLTWolf
Alex Gee said:

CLTWolf said:

Alex Gee said:

FlockaWolf said:

Who will UGA start?

Zach Harris most likely.

He's not been great recently so I'm all for giving him the start. Hopefully he keeps stinking it up.
Glasswolf
CackalackRunner said:

Alex Gee said:

CLTWolf said:

Alex Gee said:

FlockaWolf said:

Who will UGA start?

Zach Harris most likely.

Did any official ever catch him cheating or do we just have the videos of him cheating?

Of all possibilities I expect the umpires & NCAA to take the easiest path of least resistance and cheating or not that dude will get to pitch tomorrow with no issues.
Not sure of the answer to your question but if he gets in he won't be doctoring the ball right from the start. He will wait. If Avent ask to have his glove check at the start they will find nothing. Best to wait several pitches or even batters. That is if he knows people are looking for something.

Alex Gee
Staff
CLTWolf said:

Alex Gee said:

CLTWolf said:

Alex Gee said:

FlockaWolf said:

Who will UGA start?

Zach Harris most likely.

He's not been great recently so I'm all for giving him the start. Hopefully he keeps stinking it up.

Agree. If we go out there and keep swinging as we have been then should have a bunch of success.

Two wildcards are Goldstein and if Smith throws/level of effectiveness
CLTWolf
Alex Gee said:

CLTWolf said:

Alex Gee said:

CLTWolf said:

Alex Gee said:

FlockaWolf said:

Who will UGA start?

Zach Harris most likely.

Agree. If we go out there and keep swinging as we have been then should have a bunch of success.

Charlie Goldstein isn't on the Supers roster so he's out, for sure.
Wolfer79
SexualChocolate
We got this. We got the hitting and pitching lined up. Avent knows what's up!
Alex Gee
Staff
CLTWolf said:

Alex Gee said:

CLTWolf said:

Alex Gee said:

CLTWolf said:

Alex Gee said:

FlockaWolf said:

Who will UGA start?

Zach Harris most likely.

Charlie Goldstein isn't on the Supers roster so he's out, for sure.

Oh I didn't know that. That's a significant piece.
WilmingtonPackman777
Ok ladies and gents, it's a one game season. What's the pitching plan?

Go with your #3 starter or throw your very best available arm first, second best arm next, third after that and try to win that way. My thought is you play your very best available dudes from pitch one, but then again, I don't know much about baseball.
tau06
Nairo said:

I'm talking about putting a .300+ junior left handed batter at DH in place of a .200 left handed freshman all else equal with speed and power.

Sosa and Chase Nixon aren't in the same ballpark power wise though. No offense to the Chase. That's obvious
pack2010
WilmingtonPackman777 said:

Go with your #3 starter or throw your very best available arm first, second best arm next, third after that and try to win that way. My thought is you play your very best available dudes from pitch one, but then again, I don't know much about baseball.

let whitaker get as many outs as he can. whether it's 9 or 19, pull him when he shows he isn't effective (short leash). If it is early in the game, go to consiglio for a couple innings. then come inning 6/7 you go dudan and smith. both can go 2 innings IMO
matracey
pack2010 said:

let whitaker get as many outs as he can. whether it's 9 or 19, pull him when he shows he isn't effective (short leash). If it is early in the game, go to consiglio for a couple innings. then come inning 6/7 you go dudan and smith. both can go 2 innings IMO

Gotta go Dudan out of the pen first even if it's the 2nd inning. Can't let the game get out of hand without him pitching. Ideally I think you get 5 or 6 out of Whit then 2 or 3 out of Dudan and then 1 or 2 out of Smith
pack2010
matracey said:

pack2010 said:

Gotta go Dudan out of the pen first even if it's the 2nd inning. Can't let the game get out of hand without him pitching. Ideally I think you get 5 or 6 out of Whit then 2 or 3 out of Dudan and then 1 or 2 out of Smith

very fair argument. if we go down a couple runs early, get dudan and hope he keeps it close. because you are right, we have to throw him when it matters.
PB13
This may be controversial, but I think being the visitor helps us tomorrow. Having already batted in the inning let's Avent know how to use his arms.

Borowolf10
I want three innings each from Dudan and Smith. Those are your two best guys and they are 100% fresh. Use them.
Glasswolf
Borowolf10 said:

I want three innings each from Dudan and Smith. Those are your two best guys and they are 100% fresh. Use them.
Smit has never thrown more than 40 pitches. You may get 2 innings from him.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.