Super Regional NC State @ Georgia 6/10 gamer 3l UPDATED 7pm espn

127,906 Views | 1606 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by JCooke93
Glasswolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PB13 said:

This may be controversial, but I think being the visitor helps us tomorrow. Having already batted in the inning let's Avent know how to use his arms.

I think so also. Gives us a chance to strike 1st and set the tone.
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

Pack31
Glasswolf said:

Borowolf10 said:

I want three innings each from Dudan and Smith. Those are your two best guys and they are 100% fresh. Use them.
Smit has never thrown more than 40 pitches. You may get 2 innings from him.

Yep, I feel good going Whitaker 3 or 4, Dudan 2-3, Consiglio 1 or in a special situation, then Smith 2. If we have to go outside those 4, then we are likely in trouble anyway.
metcalfmafia
Come on Packā€¦
DrummerboyWolf
Ok it looks like we are the only game in town tonight. A win tonight splits the CWS with 4 ACC and 4 SEC teams left. 3 and 1 on either side. If Georgia wins tonight then that will give the SEC 5 including 4 in one bracket, which would guarantee an SEC team in the Finals.

Hopefully we can spoil the SEC party on that side of the bracket and make it to Omaha.

We have to be smart, patient, and aggressive at the right times. A fine line between all three, but we must make their guys throw and get into the bullpen.

I imagine Logan will start, but you must have either Consiglio or Dudan up and ready to go at any sign of trouble. Georgia has got guys who can hit and the ball flies out of the park. We have pretty much kept Condon in check and must continue to do so.

GO PACK!!
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
DrummerboyWolf
Pack31 said:

Glasswolf said:

Borowolf10 said:

I want three innings each from Dudan and Smith. Those are your two best guys and they are 100% fresh. Use them.

Yep, I feel good going Whitaker 3 or 4, Dudan 2-3, Consiglio 1 or in a special situation, then Smith 2. If we have to go outside those 4, then we are likely in trouble anyway.
Shaffner only threw 20 pitches on Saturday, so he should be good for an inning or so if we need him. He was very effective. I know Georgia sat down a few of their starters after we had the big lead, but Andrew looked really good.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
Wolfer79
College Baseball
NCAA Division I Baseball Tournament
Super Regionals Best of Three Series
Athens Super Regional
Game 3, Foley Field, University of Georgia, Athens, GA
Announcers: Tom Hart/Ben McDonald
North Carolina State vs. Georgia ESPN, 7 p.m. (series tied 1-1)
Jtilley
Pack31 said:

Glasswolf said:

Borowolf10 said:

Unless he is just absolutely dealing, I don't want to see Whitaker going through their lineup more than twice.

All hands on deck with Whitaker, Cooper, Dudan, Marohn and Smith.
StateFan2001
matracey said:

It's always the guy not playing that's the savior of the season lol

MJ Morris then LJ Thomas and now Chase Nixon

By the way nobody is saying Chase is a savior. In fact nobody is saying we need a savior. The discussion is really whether Chase should play or Heavner play against RHPs and that is a reasonable debate.
Wolfer79
StateFan2001 said:

matracey said:

By the way nobody is saying Chase is a savior. In fact nobody is saying we need a savior. The discussion is really whether Chase should play or Heavner play against RHPs and that is a reasonable debate.

From Doak Field
NC State trailing going to bottom of 9th

pantherpack
Our pitching sets up nicely today. You have 4 guys can can eat up 9 innings one way or the other. I'm more concerned with who GA rolls out there tomorrow on the mound and how we attack them. Our bats have to help the pitchers out today. We need our Big 3 to come through for us and lead us to Omaha.
metcalfmafia
pantherpack said:

Our pitching sets up nicely today. You have 4 guys can can eat up 9 innings one way or the other. I'm more concerned with who GA rolls out there tomorrow on the mound and how we attack them. Our bats have to help the pitchers out today. We need our Big 3 to come through for us and lead us to Omaha.
I personally don't care who UGA rolls out there tomorrow as long as we win tonight
castlewood107
Whit --> Dudan --> Consiglio (if needed) --> D Smith...........I want all RHP against this UGA lineup based on last 2 days of what we saw.

I like our chances tonight against what they have left on the mound. Lets do it.
kbdavis33
I like what we have left for arms. But UGA can hit.

I think this game will have to be won with the bats. If we can put up 7-8 runs I think we win the game. Avent should be asking his guys to get to that number and our bullpen can hold them off.
Glasswolf

matracey
StateFan2001 said:

matracey said:

Chase hasn't played at all in Regionals or Super Regionals and yesterday was the first game we lost in either of them. If it's just a discussion and not about winning/losing why wasn't there a discussion yesterday about playing Chase after we won 18-2? Sosa and Heavner were 2/11 combined
pblanks
Pitching can be near perfect, but if you don't score it's tough to win.
Borowolf10
matracey said:

StateFan2001 said:

matracey said:

Chase hasn't played at all in Regionals or Super Regionals and yesterday was the first game we lost in either of them. If it's just a discussion and not about winning/losing why wasn't there a discussion yesterday about playing Chase after we won 18-2? Sosa and Heavner were 2/11 combined

I've been asking the entire time why is Chase not in against righties. Nobody asked this Saturday because most of the lineup was mashing regardless. You or I could have been in for Heavner and we still would have scored 10+.

Chase is a perfectly capable left fielder defensively too. Don't know that whole line of thinking is about.
CLTWolf
Borowolf10 said:

matracey said:

StateFan2001 said:

matracey said:

I've been asking the entire time why is Chase not in against righties. Nobody asked this Saturday because most of the lineup was mashing regardless. You or I could have been in for Heavner and we still would have scored 10+.

Chase is a perfectly capable left fielder defensively too. Don't know that whole line of thinking is about.

LOL
Glasswolf
Borowolf10 said:

matracey said:

StateFan2001 said:

matracey said:

No he's not

StateFan2001
Glasswolf said:

Borowolf10 said:

matracey said:

StateFan2001 said:

matracey said:

No he's not

Yes Chase is fine. Played LF his whole life. He is adequate out there.
Borowolf10
StateFan2001 said:

Glasswolf said:

Borowolf10 said:

matracey said:

StateFan2001 said:

matracey said:

No he's not

Seriously, what are these guys talking about? I don't ever remember Chase struggling in the field. Feels like more of a made up issue to defend a blatantly stupid coaching decision.
Jtilley
StateFan2001 said:

Glasswolf said:

Borowolf10 said:

matracey said:

StateFan2001 said:

matracey said:

No he's not

Elliot isn't changing the lineup, he does this every year. Once he gets a lineup established he won't mess with it unless he has to.
CLTWolf
StateFan2001 said:

Glasswolf said:

Borowolf10 said:

matracey said:

StateFan2001 said:

matracey said:

No he's not

lol. B/c "adequate" is good enough. Just b/c he played LF his whole life doesn't mean he's just not good enough. But you know that.

Tyler McDonough never played CF and ended up being one of the best ever here.
Vance Honeycutt played MIF until he got to unc....best OFer they've ever had and will be a first round draft pick. Only played out there for 3 years now and he's more than "adequate".

But sure, let's be happy with adequate b/c it fits some ignorant and wrong narrative.

Some people are only happy when they're mad.
CLTWolf
Borowolf10 said:

StateFan2001 said:

Glasswolf said:

Borowolf10 said:

matracey said:

StateFan2001 said:

matracey said:

No he's not

Seriously, what are these guys talking about? I don't ever remember Chase struggling in the field. Feels like more of a made up issue to defend a blatantly stupid coaching decision.
Not sure that's what's blatantly stupid here....
Borowolf10
CLTWolf said:

StateFan2001 said:

Glasswolf said:

Borowolf10 said:

matracey said:

StateFan2001 said:

matracey said:

No he's not

lol. B/c "adequate" is good enough. Just b/c he played LF his whole life doesn't mean he's just not good enough. But you know that.

Vance Honeycutt played MIF until he got to unc....best OFer they've ever had and will be a first round draft pick. Only played out there for 3 years now and he's more than "adequate".

But sure, let's be happy with adequate b/c it fits some ignorant and wrong narrative.

Tell me about a time Chase was a liability in the field.
CLTWolf
Borowolf10 said:

CLTWolf said:

StateFan2001 said:

Glasswolf said:

Borowolf10 said:

matracey said:

StateFan2001 said:

matracey said:

No he's not

Gimme some time and i'll find you some film.

I can also find plays that his lil brother made that he'd never be able to make b/c he's so slow.

Keep being wrong though, just gives everyone more data about how little you know about baseball.

Here's the most important stat...we're 6-2 since 5/17 which is the last time Chase got more than 2 ABs in a game. We're winning.

All good tho, slick.
Glasswolf
StateFan2001 said:

Glasswolf said:

Borowolf10 said:

matracey said:

StateFan2001 said:

matracey said:

No he's not

Adequate doesn't get you to Omaha

Borowolf10
CLTWolf said:

Borowolf10 said:

CLTWolf said:

StateFan2001 said:

Glasswolf said:

Borowolf10 said:

matracey said:

StateFan2001 said:

matracey said:

No he's not

I can also find plays that his lil brother made that he'd never be able to make b/c he's so slow.

Keep being wrong though, just gives everyone more data about how little you know about baseball.

Here's the most important stat...we're 6-2 since 5/17 which is the last time Chase got more than 2 ABs in a game. We're winning.

All good tho, slick.

since you're so keen on watching film go watch our game against Chase Burns and tell me who made the difference in that game.
CLTWolf
Borowolf10 said:

CLTWolf said:

Borowolf10 said:

CLTWolf said:

StateFan2001 said:

Glasswolf said:

Borowolf10 said:

matracey said:

StateFan2001 said:

matracey said:

No he's not

All good tho, slick.

since you're so keen on watching film go watch our game against Chase Burns and tell me who made the difference in that game.

Cool, bro. I'd latch on to that one game too if I were you.

Lol
wilmwolf
Not one person even said he was a liability. He's made some great plays in the field, but those diving plays he's made, Luke makes standing up. ****, I hope Chase plays and contributes big time, but the reason the lineup is what it is is pretty clear. Nine innings from Omaha and we're calling the coach stupid over a damn adequate left fielder. Un ****ing real.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
The Gatekeeper.
Homer Dumbarse.
Wlfpk81
i just popped in to see who was starting. carry on with what ever is going on here.
Wolfer79
matracey said:

StateFan2001 said:

matracey said:

Is Chase on postseason roster?

I forget how many allowed.
packsenior03
Boy, doesn't seem like Vegas likes our chances tonight.
metcalfmafia
Seems like the money has poured in for UGA today.
matracey
packsenior03 said:

Boy, doesn't seem like Vegas likes our chances tonight.

It's been about the same odds every game. Even after the 18-2 game I think we were still about +120

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.