Super Regional NC State @ Georgia 6/10 gamer 3l UPDATED 7pm espn

127,886 Views | 1606 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by JCooke93
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No. 10 national seed NC State will advance to a Super Regional matchup at seventh-seeded Georgia (42-15). Schedule details for the Wolfpack's trip to Foley Field in Athens, Georgia, will be provided when they become available.
Wolfer79
https://georgiadogs.com/news/2024/6/2/baseball-bulldogs-advance-to-super-regionals-with-8-6-extra-inning-victory-over-georgia-tech

Up Next
Georgia will host NC State in the NCAA Super Regionals next weekend at Foley Field. The two teams will play a best-of-three series from Friday-Sunday, June 7-9, or Saturday-Monday, June 8-10. Game schedules for Super Regionals will be announced on Tuesday at 10 a.m.
StateFan2001
Should be a good one.
Really solid performance by the pitching staff this weekend.
This weekend seemed to clear up how the staff views our starters.
1. Fritton
2. Whitaker
3. Highfill

It will be interesting to see if they change up to the rotation to fit that. In other words, do we see Whitaker on shorter rest Saturday and Fritton on shorter rest Friday?
WilsonWolf
StateFan2001 said:

Should be a good one.
1. Fritton
2. Whitaker
3. Highfill

It will be interesting to see if they change up to the rotation to fit that. In other words, do we see Whitaker on shorter rest Saturday and Fritton on shorter rest Friday?
I highly doubt they change anything. Highfill, Fritton, Whitaker
wilmwolf
WilsonWolf said:

StateFan2001 said:

Should be a good one.
1. Fritton
2. Whitaker
3. Highfill

I highly doubt they change anything. Highfill, Fritton, Whitaker
I agree. They said specifically this weekend that they didn't want to change the rotation from the regular season. With Highfill, Fritton, and Whitaker starting, Consiglio and Marohn in long relief, and Dudan and Smith closing, that seems like a perfect setup.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
The Gatekeeper.
Homer Dumbarse.
shogun
Smith is on fire. Really like how this pitching rotation has worked out.
ClePack
Just don't pitch to condon unnecessarily and we got a shot here
Wolfpack91
Very winnable, IMO.

One good thing about playing UGA is games will very likely be on an actual ESPN channel and not just ESPN+.
metcalfmafia
Gonna be a big time atmosphere down there.
DecaturWolf
ALL ACC guys on ACCN picked us to win. Better pitching, bullpen, hitting, and Avent.
ChemE94
Put this on the game thread yesterday but just scanning regional box scores, looks like all 3 of uga's starting pitchers this weekend were righties, as is their ace closer? Other than we should not let condon beat us, does anyone know anything about how we match up with uga?
SportManagementEngineer
Its a really good match-up for us as their pitching staff is mostly right handed (and nothing real special).

They're going to score more than anyone we've seen recently but they'll give them up, too.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
kbdavis33
SportManagementEngineer said:

Its a really good match-up for us as their pitching staff is mostly right handed (and nothing real special).

They're going to score more than anyone we've seen recently but they'll give them up, too.
So as long as we don't load the bases 4 times and bat 0-9 LOL
Packfanme1
Definitely have to get hits with men on base! We left so many on this weekend! Go Pack!
Jesus, Family, Wolfpack!
Wolfer79
Email on tickets

The Pack9 has advanced to the Athens Super Regional and will face Georgia beginning on Friday (6/7) or Saturday (6/8).

A limited number of all-session books are available to REQUEST for the Super Regional in Athens, GA. The deadline to request is Tuesday, June 4 at 12:00 PM.

Please note the following prior to making your request:

Requests will be fulfilled based on Wolfpack Club Priority Rank followed by order date for non-Wolfpack Club members. Each account may request up to four (4) all-session books. You will be notified whether or not your request is able to be fulfilled by Tuesday, June 4 at 5:00 PM. If your request is fulfilled, you will be charged $60.00 per all-session book if your request is fulfilled in infield reserved seating or $45.00 per all-session book if your request is fulfilled in the general admission left field bleachers (plus $10.00 order charge). If your request is fulfilled, your tickets will be digitally delivered following payment prior to the events.
Wlfpackamk
kbdavis33 said:

SportManagementEngineer said:

So as long as we don't load the bases 4 times and bat 0-9 LOL
Hey at least we loaded the bases 4 times. But point taken.
Wlfpackamk
2 noon games on ESPNU. At least I get the watch it.

CHeats get prime time games on ESPN.
DrummerboyWolf
I just looked at the NCAA web site. 4 games scheduled on Friday. None involve N. C. State.

Only 3 games listed for Saturday. No N. C. State vs Georgia anywhere to be found. Typical. Here is the schedule for Saturday.

https://www.ncaa.com/scoreboard/baseball/d1/2024/06/08/all-conf
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
Glasswolf
Alex Gee
Staff
Glasswolf
DrummerboyWolf
Ok here is the story with times.

We start Saturday at noon and then play Sunday at noon on ESPNU both days.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/baseball/article/2024-06-04/8-super-regional-hosts-and-game-times-announced-2024-ncaa-division-i-baseball
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
wilmwolf
So we're on ESPNU, which should lessen the complaints from those that don't have ESPN+.
The Gatekeeper.
Homer Dumbarse.
Tootie4Pack
wilmwolf said:

So we're on ESPNU, which should lessen the complaints from those that don't have ESPN+.

Not so fast my friend. You know somebody has got to complain about something. Some don't get ESPNU….what will they do?

12 noon baseball games in Georgia ? It's too hot to play baseball that time of day.
Glasswolf
Tootie4Pack said:

wilmwolf said:

Not so fast my friend. You know somebody has got to complain about something. Some don't get ESPNU….what will they do?

12 noon baseball games in Georgia ? It's too hot to play baseball that time of day.
It will be the announcers first when all the need to do is listen to Andrew Sanders or Tony Haynes on the Varsity Network.
wilmwolf
Tootie4Pack said:

wilmwolf said:

Or we get preempted because a women's softball game goes too long.
The Gatekeeper.
Homer Dumbarse.
El Lobo Loco
wilmwolf said:

Tootie4Pack said:

wilmwolf said:

Good news is that the WCWS is scheduled to be finished by Friday.
Wolfpack91
wilmwolf said:

Folks will find something else to complain about. But the lack of a real ESPN telecast last week was a legitimate complaint.
Quietstorm
Wolfpack91 said:

wilmwolf said:

Folks will find something else to complain about. But the lack of a real ESPN telecast last week was a legitimate complaint.

It was absolutely a legitimate complaint. A lot of games were on ESPN regular channels and all our games were on ESPN plus. I ended up getting the Disney bundle package so I could watch our baseball games.
Wolfer79
wilmwolf said:

Tootie4Pack said:

wilmwolf said:

Lead ins
Saturday
Espn
Watch
Schedule and replay
Saturday June 8
Espnu
1130am SEC Inside: Gymnastics Championship

Sunday June 9
1030am NCAA Outdoor Track & Field Championship (Women's Day 2)
Kmcpack
Wolfer79 said:

wilmwolf said:

Tootie4Pack said:

wilmwolf said:

Lead ins
Saturday
Espn
Watch
Schedule and replay
Saturday June 8
Espnu
1130am SEC Inside: Gymnastics Championship

Sunday June 9
1030am NCAA Outdoor Track & Field Championship (Women's Day 2)

Yep. Even though I know it is best for the university to be on tv the plus of streaming is you never have to worry about the start not being aired.
BUCKETTOFCOLDWATER
Tootie4Pack said:

wilmwolf said:

watch on espn+?
Wolfer79
Ticket Information
A very limited number of general admission seats for the NCAA Athens Super Regional will go on sale starting Wednesday, June 5th at 9 a.m. online at https://georgiadogs.evenue.net/list/BBS, by phone (706-542-1231 or 877-542-1231) or in person at the UGA Ticket Office located in the Butts-Mehre Heritage Hall. The general admission seats are $15. They will be $10 for college students while UGA Students get in free with their UGA ID.

https://georgiadogs.com/news/2024/6/4/baseball-georgia-n-c-state-super-regional-here-begins-saturday-at-noon
Wolfer79
Parking Information
Parking is available in the outfield commuter lot and adjacent parking decks on campus. There is no reserved parking.

https://georgiadogs.com/news/2024/6/4/baseball-georgia-n-c-state-super-regional-here-begins-saturday-at-noon
BigLefty24
Quietstorm said:

Wolfpack91 said:

wilmwolf said:

It was absolutely a legitimate complaint. A lot of games were on ESPN regular channels and all our games were on ESPN plus. I ended up getting the Disney bundle package so I could watch our baseball games.

ESPN is getting carriage fees for ESPN, ESPN News, ESPN U, ESPN 2, SEC Network (who had 13 teams playing) and the ACC Network (who had 8 teams playing). ACC and SEC had 10 of the 16 national seeds, and 21 of the 64 total teams selected. 6+ channels to televise ACC and SEC NCAA baseball tournament championship games.

And I was relegated to following every NC State game in an IPS message board.

You fkkin right it's a legitimate complaint.
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*
*Please respect my decision*
*Recruitment still open 110%*

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.