Super Regional NC State @ Georgia 6/10 gamer 3l UPDATED 7pm espn

127,894 Views | 1606 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by JCooke93
packsenior03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Realsouthwolf said:

ClePack said:

Did they ever announce an MVP for the athens super regional?
Condon
Seriously? He disappeared for most of the series.

I'd rank it Serrano, A-Mak, Cozart, Phelps (ugh)
pack2010
Realsouthwolf said:

ClePack said:

Condon

link? there's no way a kid who went like 2-11 and lost got the MVP. unless my sarcasm meter is off
Realsouthwolf
pack2010 said:

Realsouthwolf said:

ClePack said:

Condon

link? there's no way a kid who went like 2-11 and lost got the MVP. unless my sarcasm meter is off
Yeah, check your meter.
DanielWilsonIPS
No vote for it
Daniel Wilson
Staff Writer, IPS
Producer, Learfield
NCBWA Member
Stormin Norman
Time for another new shirt.

I have a whole new wardrobe this year…
The North Carolina State University
Oldsouljer
Nairo said:

Us fans pay good money to say dumb **** on this site.

Alex Gee said:

StateFan2001 said:

Alex Gee said:

Bench Heavner. For the love of god

Come on Alex. Classic stuff from this site. Nobody was saying to bench Heavner. I know for me I was saying there could be an option to platoon Heavner and Chase. Heavner answered the bell again last night.
Heavner has answered the bell in most every game he's played in a myriad of ways.

ETA: I believe I remember the phrase "blatantly stupid coaching decision" to play Heavner over Nixon.

Damn straight!
StateFan2001
Alex Gee said:

StateFan2001 said:

Alex Gee said:

Bench Heavner. For the love of god

Come on Alex. Classic stuff from this site. Nobody was saying to bench Heavner. I know for me I was saying there could be an option to platoon Heavner and Chase. Heavner answered the bell again last night.
Heavner has answered the bell in most every game he's played in a myriad of ways.

ETA: I believe I remember the phrase "blatantly stupid coaching decision" to play Heavner over Nixon.

Not from me you didn't see that. I didn't see it at all.
wilmwolf
"Feels like more of a made up issue to defend a blatantly stupid coaching decision."

https://insidepacksports.com/forums/3/topics/34048/replies/1114745
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
The Gatekeeper.
Homer Dumbarse.
Travlnwolf
In the immortal words of Rodney King, "I just want to say, you know, can we all get along? Can we get along?"

People pretty much know who is reliable and who is not.

NC State is playing in the freakin CWS, and they have a good chance to win it all!
Glasswolf
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

Glasswolf

Glasswolf

StateFan2001
Masterful job by Avent managing the arms the other night. Made the move at the perfect time in each case. Was not easy to squeeze 27 outs last night. I know he wanted 5 full from Whit and 2 from Dudan but situations called for making the moves when he did. Well done!
Werewolf
StateFan2001 said:

Masterful job by Avent managing the arms the other night. Made the move at the perfect time in each case. Was not easy to squeeze 27 outs last night. I know he wanted 5 full from Whit and 2 from Dudan but situations called for making the moves when he did. Well done!
Since I hadn't watched any Pack baseball this year, to understand, we went to our closer in the 8th and the guy in the pen warming up was our last short relief guy but not our closer who is Johnson?
StateFan2001
Werewolf said:

StateFan2001 said:

Since I hadn't watched any Pack baseball this year, to understand, we went to our closer in the 8th and the guy in the pen warming up was our last short relief guy but not our closer who is Johnson?
We have 2 primary bullpen arms in Smith and Dudan. We went to them in crucial spots in the 5th and 7th. Consiglio was warming in the 9th as Smith's pitch count got up. Consiglio has been a starter and bullpen guy throughout the year.
DrummerboyWolf
Werewolf said:

StateFan2001 said:

Went to the closer in the 7th with nobody out. He is Derrick Smith Consiglio was warming up and he is more of a long relief. Had we gone extra innings he would have been the guy. Shauffner was also available and probably could have given us an inning or two. He pitched very well on Saturday and only threw 20 pitches. Then if it got past those two, then who knows? Fortunately we did not have to find out.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
Glasswolf
Werewolf said:

StateFan2001 said:

The way most thought it would go is Whitaker for 4-5 innings then Consiglio for a few, then Dudan to set up Smith. Smith ideally wouldn't have come in before the 8th inning but he relieved Dudan in the 7th. We did not pitch Consiglio who can go long relief (4 innings +)

Werewolf
Thanks fellas. I loved Smith's demeanor on the mound.....one cool cucumber. Nothing up, everything down.

Dudan, well he's a Freshman. Great stuff, a talented arm.
M_A
Dudan will likely be a starter next year, I think Avent's plan was to have him get through the 7th but after the first two guys got on it was "Oh *****" button time and went straight to DSmith. Smith is a more traditional closer who got pretty gassed in the 9th but with the lead we had he did what he needed to
Werewolf
A huge game for a Freshman to be thrust into, to start with, and then add the pressure of relief work on top of that.
pack2010
M_A said:

Dudan will likely be a starter next year, I think Avent's plan was to have him get through the 7th but after the first two guys got on it was "Oh *****" button time and went straight to DSmith. Smith is a more traditional closer who got pretty gassed in the 9th but with the lead we had he did what he needed to

Smith coming back from the 3-0 count after the Condon HR and a guy on first after a walk...... massive. huge balls there. he walks that guy, crowd gets in it, tying run at the plate in a kid who has hit the ball hard allll weekend. loved it
wilmwolf
We used our best guys to get the outs we needed at that moment and didn't save them for outs we might need later (which is how I think pitching should work in the post season). It wasn't an ideal situation, you'd prefer to bring Dudan in on a clean inning and not stretch Smith so much, but the guys stepped up. If they had tied it up, we still would've been in a pretty good position with the guys we had available. Judging by who UGA had used to that point, they must not have had anyone else they trusted.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
The Gatekeeper.
Homer Dumbarse.
Werewolf
wilmwolf said:

We used our best guys to get the outs we needed at that moment and didn't save them for outs we might need later (which is how I think pitching should work in the post season). It wasn't an ideal situation, you'd prefer to bring Dudan in on a clean inning and not stretch Smith so much, but the guys stepped up. If they had tied it up, we still would've been in a pretty good position with the guys we had available. Judging by who UGA had used to that point, they must not have had anyone else they trusted.
This! Way too much overthinking sometimes
BigLefty24
wilmwolf said:

Yep, this time of the year, you use your best arms in the most difficult spots. The worst thing you can do is lost Co trip of a game in the middle part if the game while your best arm is sitting in the pen. Hell, it's not unusual this time of the year to see teams start games with their closers on the mound.
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*
*Please respect my decision*
*Recruitment still open 110%*

Wolfer79
NC State's Super Regional game 3 win over Georgia attracted 1.2 million viewers, per @ESPNPR.

Alongside Florida and Clemson's game 2, those were the "Two most-watched pre-MCWS college baseball games on record."

The Wolfpack moved on to Omaha with an impressive audience.

DrummerboyWolf
Never mind. Brain cramp on my part!
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
JCooke93
Got it on
JCooke93
1 more out Come on Pack9
JCooke93
We are going to omaha

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.