Super Regional NC State @ Georgia 6/10 gamer 3l UPDATED 7pm espn

127,909 Views | 1606 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by JCooke93
ChemE94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Fubo tv has a streaming package with a free 7 day trial that has espnu. You just have to remember to cancel before you get charged the first monthly fee...
113Chamberlain
Sorry if its already been beaten to death, but to add another option for people needing one(especially if they still have cable)

I got the HULU+ Live option. Pay $80 a month, but it includes live TV, ESPN+ and Disney+.

Sure I can go on the ESPN app and access all of the games anywhere, but the neat thing is, Hulu shows the ESPN+ games as an option just likes its a channel in my regular line up. So I was able to switch between the State, UNC, ECU/Wake, UGA or whoever just like changing the channel.

I'm sure Fubo or Youtubetv or whatever may have a similar option. But I wanted ESPN+ and Disney+ anyways so it seemed like the best option for me. Plus nothing like watching India Pro League Cricket at 3 am to help me go back to sleep...
wilmwolf
Have the same service for the same reason. I agree with folks that it sucks to need a separate subscription last weekend to watch, but everyone at least had the option of watching, some just chose not to.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
The Gatekeeper.
Homer Dumbarse.
DrummerboyWolf
wilmwolf said:

Have the same service for the same reason. I agree with folks that it sucks to need a separate subscription last weekend to watch, but everyone at least had the option of watching, some just chose not to.
But it's like the NCAA women's and men's basketball tournaments. About the same number of teams and all of those games were free to watch and not pay for view. This is just a money grab by Disney.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
Tootie4Pack
DrummerboyWolf said:

wilmwolf said:

But it's like the NCAA women's and men's basketball tournaments. About the same number of teams and all of those games were free to watch and not pay for view. This is just a money grab by Disney.
It may be a money grab, but some of it is related to advertisers and ratings for these games.

March Madness is it's own hype machine. That does not exist for early round baseball tournament games. The CWS is another thing in regards to viewers and interest and ratings.

But this is the same network where this past weekend I was checking out the channels and I saw the National Pillow Fighting Championships on one of the ESPN channels, believe the former ESPN News channel.
The National Pillow Fighting Championship....On TV.... I'm sure that is a ratings bonanza.
DrummerboyWolf
Tootie4Pack said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

wilmwolf said:

It may be a money grab, but some of it is related to advertisers and ratings for these games.

March Madness is it's own hype machine. That does not exist for early round baseball tournament games. The CWS is another thing in regards to viewers and interest and ratings.

But this is the same network where this past weekend I was checking out the channels and I saw the National Pillow Fighting Championships on one of the ESPN channels, believe the former ESPN News channel.
The National Pillow Fighting Championship....On TV.... I'm sure that is a ratings bonanza.
It appears you answered your own question there Tootie!
wilmwolf
DrummerboyWolf said:

wilmwolf said:

Well, televised sports in general is just a money grab. The way I see it is that not too many years ago, many of these games weren't televised at all. So if the choice is to not have them televised, or to pay to watch on ESPN+, I choose the later. For the regional round, I just don't think it would be possible to have every game on one of the regular TV channels, there are just too many games and too many that overlap. You have, what, ~200 games in the opening round? That's three times the total number of games for the basketball tournament in just one weekend. Again, it sucks they can't figure out a way to televise those without people paying extra, but at least they are available if you're willing to spend ten bucks.
The Gatekeeper.
Homer Dumbarse.
Wolfer79
Tom Hart
Ben McDonald

Glasswolf
Wolfer79 said:

Tom Hart
Ben McDonald

That will still be a SEC love fest. I will be listening to Andrew Sanders or Tony Haynes on the Varsity network.
MoCoWolf
DrummerboyWolf said:

wilmwolf said:

All of business is a money grab, hate to break it to you.
DrummerboyWolf
wilmwolf said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

wilmwolf said:

Well, televised sports in general is just a money grab. The way I see it is that not too many years ago, many of these games weren't televised at all. So if the choice is to not have them televised, or to pay to watch on ESPN+, I choose the later. For the regional round, I just don't think it would be possible to have every game on one of the regular TV channels, there are just too many games and too many that overlap. You have, what, ~200 games in the opening round? That's three times the total number of games for the basketball tournament in just one weekend. Again, it sucks they can't figure out a way to televise those without people paying extra, but at least they are available if you're willing to spend ten bucks.
Fair point. They could have had at least 6 networks going if they included the SEC and ACC Networks but it would be a lot of games but not 200. 16 regionals with 6 or 7 games, so about half that many. With 6 networks you could have gotten most of those in.

Yes you are right that not too long ago none of the games were on. I can remember when the only MLB games you got was every Saturday for The Game of The Week and one on Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day.

In my opinion, every Regional Championship should have been able to view, but that did not happen. The ten bucks was not the issue for me, it goes deeper than that. But it's in the past now.
DrummerboyWolf
MoCoWolf said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

wilmwolf said:

All of business is a money grab, hate to break it to you.
Really??? I never knew that.

When a business(ESPN owned by Disney) keeps over extending themselves with payouts then wants to get bailed out, I do have a problem with that. To each his/her own.
Wolfer79
M_A
Go check out the front page of ESPN right now and tell me we shouldnt be worried about some umping decisions this weekend
Mormad
BigLefty24 said:

Quietstorm said:

Wolfpack91 said:

wilmwolf said:

So we're on ESPNU, which should lessen the complaints from those that don't have ESPN+.
Folks will find something else to complain about. But the lack of a real ESPN telecast last week was a legitimate complaint.

It was absolutely a legitimate complaint. A lot of games were on ESPN regular channels and all our games were on ESPN plus. I ended up getting the Disney bundle package so I could watch our baseball games.

ESPN is getting carriage fees for ESPN, ESPN News, ESPN U, ESPN 2, SEC Network (who had 13 teams playing) and the ACC Network (who had 8 teams playing). ACC and SEC had 10 of the 16 national seeds, and 21 of the 64 total teams selected. 6+ channels to televise ACC and SEC NCAA baseball tournament championship games.

And I was relegated to following every NC State game in an IPS message board.

You fkkin right it's a legitimate complaint.

I swear you're my favorite poster
BigLefty24
appreciate the compliment bud!
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*
*Please respect my decision*
*Recruitment still open 110%*

Jfberger24
Obviously, Disney made the decision they thought was right for them. My frustration is the blurred line between ESPN3 and ESPN+. My biggest gripe is that all these regional games have been available via ESPN3 in the past where, to BigLefty's point, your carriage fees for having ESPN/ACC network have you access. This year is unique in that they went to ESPN+. I'm sure the line isn't blurry and explained somewhere well and maybe these games were always destined for ESPN+ and they were on ESPN3 to gain larger audience/following for a few years.
Travlnwolf
I'll be in Greensboro this weekend sans the Mrs. Any game watches in the area?
Wolfer79
https://georgiadogs.com/sports/2023/8/16/facility-foley-field

The current $45 million renovation of Foley Field will continue to elevate both the player and fan experience at UGA's baseball facilities. Many of the improvements to Foley Field will be made along the left field line and will include a new pitching lab and hitting tunnels, coaches' offices and other amenities. In terms of fan amenities, there will be multiple new premium spaces as well as enhanced fan experiences throughout the venue. The project is slated to be completed by the start of the 2025 season.
Wolfer79
Glasswolf
FlockaWolf
Glasswolf said:

He had 6 walks against uncw in 4 innings
BSWolf
What sections are WPC assigned tickets?
Wolfer79
Saturday June 8
No. 10 NC State (36-20) at No. 7 Georgia (42-15)
noon (ESPNU)
Wolfer79
BSWolf said:

What sections are WPC assigned tickets?

I gave seen 209 and bleachers by people who got tickets

Edit
Plus
"Through a friend who is a big Bulldog Supporter"
Glasswolf
From Wolfer79 from other topic:

Athens Super Regional
Game 1 Foley Field, University of Georgia, Athens, GA
Announcers: Tom Hart/Ben McDonald
North Carolina State vs. Georgia ESPNU, noon

Ben McDonald is a great call for a game. That said, he is still a SEC homer so I will be listening to Andrew Sanders.
ChemE94
LFG Pack!!!!!
Glasswolf
DanielWilsonIPS
Glasswolf said:

From Wolfer79 from other topic:

Athens Super Regional
Game 1 Foley Field, University of Georgia, Athens, GA
Announcers: Tom Hart/Ben McDonald
North Carolina State vs. Georgia ESPNU, noon

Ben McDonald is a great call for a game. That said, he is still a SEC homer so I will be listening to Andrew Sanders.
Between Andrew Sanders and Jeff Dantzler, both teams' fans will have great radio broadcasts this weekend.
Daniel Wilson
Staff Writer, IPS
Producer, Learfield
NCBWA Member
ClePack
Let's go boys
Nate97
Little toasty for those black jerseys. Thought I'd start the complaining.
78wilsonpack
Nate97 said:

Absolutely
Thought the same
Borowolf10
A pedestrian lineup?
Borowolf10
Nate97 said:

Yeah I don't really get this choice?
wilmwolf
Nate97 said:

I figured there would be complaints because black of one of Georgia's colors.
The Gatekeeper.
Homer Dumbarse.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.