Super Regional NC State @ Georgia 6/10 gamer 3l UPDATED 7pm espn

127,890 Views | 1606 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by JCooke93
M_A
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Not sure why Chase Nixon's ability to play LF is relevant to a discussion about him replacing a DH
matracey
M_A said:

Not sure why Chase Nixon's ability to play LF is relevant to a discussion about him replacing a DH

Because he's not replacing Sosa. Too much potential power from Sosa.

So the only reasonable argument is for him to replace Heavner, move Luke back to 2nd and put Chase in left field.
Glasswolf
matracey said:

M_A said:

Because he's not replacing Sosa. Too much potential power from Sosa.

So the only reasonable argument is for him to replace Heavner, move Luke back to 2nd and put Chase in left field.
We need some power at DH. Chase has 0 HR's this year. Avent stuck with Sosa through his illness same as he did Whitaker. He's playing the best cards he thinks he has.
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

StateFan2001
CLTWolf said:

Borowolf10 said:

CLTWolf said:

StateFan2001 said:

Glasswolf said:

Borowolf10 said:

matracey said:

StateFan2001 said:

matracey said:

It's always the guy not playing that's the savior of the season lol

MJ Morris then LJ Thomas and now Chase Nixon

By the way nobody is saying Chase is a savior. In fact nobody is saying we need a savior. The discussion is really whether Chase should play or Heavner play against RHPs and that is a reasonable debate.

Chase hasn't played at all in Regionals or Super Regionals and yesterday was the first game we lost in either of them. If it's just a discussion and not about winning/losing why wasn't there a discussion yesterday about playing Chase after we won 18-2? Sosa and Heavner were 2/11 combined

I've been asking the entire time why is Chase not in against righties. Nobody asked this Saturday because most of the lineup was mashing regardless. You or I could have been in for Heavner and we still would have scored 10+.

Chase is a perfectly capable left fielder defensively too. Don't know that whole line of thinking is about.

No he's not

Yes Chase is fine. Played LF his whole life. He is adequate out there.
lol. B/c "adequate" is good enough. Just b/c he played LF his whole life doesn't mean he's just not good enough. But you know that.

Tyler McDonough never played CF and ended up being one of the best ever here.
Vance Honeycutt played MIF until he got to unc....best OFer they've ever had and will be a first round draft pick. Only played out there for 3 years now and he's more than "adequate".

But sure, let's be happy with adequate b/c it fits some ignorant and wrong narrative.

Some people are only happy when they're mad.

Tell me about a time Chase was a liability in the field.
Gimme some time and i'll find you some film.

I can also find plays that his lil brother made that he'd never be able to make b/c he's so slow.

Keep being wrong though, just gives everyone more data about how little you know about baseball.

Here's the most important stat...we're 6-2 since 5/17 which is the last time Chase got more than 2 ABs in a game. We're winning.

All good tho, slick.

You come off very condescending brother. Back it down a little bit. Trust me there are people on here who know more about baseball and certainly the subject at hand than you do.
CLTWolf
StateFan2001 said:

CLTWolf said:

Borowolf10 said:

CLTWolf said:

StateFan2001 said:

Glasswolf said:

Borowolf10 said:

matracey said:

StateFan2001 said:

matracey said:

By the way nobody is saying Chase is a savior. In fact nobody is saying we need a savior. The discussion is really whether Chase should play or Heavner play against RHPs and that is a reasonable debate.

Chase hasn't played at all in Regionals or Super Regionals and yesterday was the first game we lost in either of them. If it's just a discussion and not about winning/losing why wasn't there a discussion yesterday about playing Chase after we won 18-2? Sosa and Heavner were 2/11 combined

I've been asking the entire time why is Chase not in against righties. Nobody asked this Saturday because most of the lineup was mashing regardless. You or I could have been in for Heavner and we still would have scored 10+.

Chase is a perfectly capable left fielder defensively too. Don't know that whole line of thinking is about.

No he's not

lol. B/c "adequate" is good enough. Just b/c he played LF his whole life doesn't mean he's just not good enough. But you know that.

Vance Honeycutt played MIF until he got to unc....best OFer they've ever had and will be a first round draft pick. Only played out there for 3 years now and he's more than "adequate".

But sure, let's be happy with adequate b/c it fits some ignorant and wrong narrative.

I can also find plays that his lil brother made that he'd never be able to make b/c he's so slow.

Keep being wrong though, just gives everyone more data about how little you know about baseball.

Here's the most important stat...we're 6-2 since 5/17 which is the last time Chase got more than 2 ABs in a game. We're winning.

All good tho, slick.

You come off very condescending brother. Back it down a little bit. Trust me there are people on here who know more about baseball and certainly the subject at hand than you do.
Yeah, that's on purpose. I'm glad you caught my tone as intended.

There probably are people that know more, actually, I can guarantee you there are, but you and borowolf most certainly aren't two of them.

Wlfpk81
the recipe to beat georgia was perfectly laid out in game 1... use the small ball to open up the offense and once georgia is out of sync, its opens up the long ball. timely pitching helps of course but the key on offense has already been proven.
Glasswolf
StateFan2001 said:

CLTWolf said:

Borowolf10 said:

CLTWolf said:

StateFan2001 said:

Glasswolf said:

Borowolf10 said:

matracey said:

StateFan2001 said:

matracey said:

No he's not

All good tho, slick.

And some of us that played BB at State agree with him sometimes. I can pretty much tell you what Sam Esposito would do as well as Ray Tanner.

Alex Gee
Staff
Since Heavner entered the starting lineup he's hitting .280 with a .392 OBP and only struck out 9 times. He's also one of the best middle infielders left playing. And that's against FSU, Norfolk State (throw it out and still really good), UVA, WFU, VT, Duke, and the teams from the postseason.

For reference, JT Jarrett was a .251/.258 hitter in 2021/2022 getting on base at a .340/.360 clip. You need those guys in your lineup.
CLTWolf
Alex Gee said:

Since Heavner entered the starting lineup he's hitting .280 with a .392 OBP and only struck out 9 times. He's also one of the best middle infielders left playing. And that's against FSU, Norfolk State (throw it out and still really good), UVA, WFU, VT, Duke, and the teams from the postseason.

For reference, JT Jarrett was a .251/.258 hitter in 2021/2022 getting on base at a .340/.360 clip. You need those guys in your lineup.
I'm having a hard time figuring out if that's "adequate".
MoCoWolf
StateFan2001 said:

CLTWolf said:

Borowolf10 said:

CLTWolf said:

StateFan2001 said:

Glasswolf said:

Borowolf10 said:

matracey said:

StateFan2001 said:

matracey said:

No he's not

All good tho, slick.

That may be true, but I know one person it aint.
Borowolf10
M_A said:

Once again, you can't replace Sosa. He's a legitimate home run threat. The optimal lineup against this UGA pitching staff is Luke at Second, Chase in Left, Heavner off the bench. People are gonna do these mental gymnastics and act like Chase has one leg or something but that's nonsense.
BigLefty24
whew.
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*
*Please respect my decision*
*Recruitment still open 110%*

Glasswolf

JCooke93
Go Pack9
Glasswolf
Looking like the camouflage uniforms tonight

Glasswolf
Zach Harris gets the start for UGA

metcalfmafia
Glasswolf said:

Ugh (just win baby)
MoCoWolf
Glasswolf said:

Love it!
Englishwolf44
Duplicate info
ChemE94
Glasswolf said:

Great, on national tv, and nobody will see us…
Alex Gee
Staff
Their pitchers do a nice job of holding the ball and using the pitch clock. Noticed that all weekend
ChemE94
Barrels. Just need to put it in play and these guys will choke
SportManagementEngineer
Need a big two out hit here
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
SexualChocolate
We need to be more patient at the plate in the early innings.
ClePack
Eli could have made it to third on that. And we don't cash in. Damn
Alex Gee
Staff
SexualChocolate said:

This is a myth, IMO, and not something State does. Attack fastballs and put balls in play.
metcalfmafia
Please be more patient. Did this guy throw more than three strikes that half?
Packamylase
Yep. Def could have made it to 3rd. Also, RISP has to be better to win this game.
Glasswolf
Alex Gee said:

SexualChocolate said:

This is a myth, IMO, and not something State does. Attack fastballs and put balls in play.
First 2 pitches are normally the best pitch you see during an at bat.

wirewolf
Alex Gee said:

SexualChocolate said:

Dude was rattled after nearly giving up the homer. Came out swinging at bull**** the rest of the inning.
WilmingtonPackman777
Let's go Pack
WilmingtonPackman777
Nice start Whitaker
Tom OBriens Smile
What was Collins complaining about on that 2nd strike lol

Great start, Whit
ChemE94
That catch hurt
Alex Gee
Staff
Told y'all, man. Whitaker is gonna kill these dudes with his changeup.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.