Super Regional NC State @ Georgia 6/10 gamer 3l UPDATED 7pm espn

132,861 Views | 1606 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by JCooke93
metcalfmafia
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No one looks comfortable. This pitcher isn't that good we just don't have it today.
Alex Gee
Staff
Carter Trice
BigLefty24
metcalfmafia said:

No one looks comfortable. This pitcher isn't that good we just don't have it today.

some absolutely terrible plate approaches today. Goal from pitch one should have been to be patient and make this dude pile up pitches. We've bailed him out all day by swinging at balls out of the zone early in the counts.
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*
*Please respect my decision*
*Recruitment still open 110%*

ChemE94
Lots of big swings today - just need to start putting the barrel on the ball and make contact off this guy. UGA has shown they will make errors.
Borowolf10
PossumJenkins said:

Alex Gee said:

Borowolf10 said:

Alex Gee said:

Borowolf10 said:

Slobbering_Wolf said:

ClePack said:

SniderFC said:

So at what point do you save arms for tomorrow?
2 innings ago. Let Marohn go 80 pitches. Save everyone for tomorrow. Start Dudan (maybe?) An early lead is VITAL tomorrow.

Whitaker will start but the way UGA hits, his fastball heavy stuff worries me

If we were smart it would be Dudan, Consiglio, Smith tomorrow.

Doing something we've literally never done instead of starting a Friday night ACC guy who has lead state to a 7-1 record when he's started games is the smart thing to do?

Yes Whittaker pitches to contact. That's not what you want in this park against this lineup. You want to strike out batters.

Good thing Whitaker has the highest Ks per 9 of our starters and I believe 3rd highest on the team only behind Smith and a touch behind Dudan.

Alex always with those pesky facts

Did you miss the part where I said it should be a bullpen day, with Dudan and Smith? Have you seen Whit against these types of lineups in these types of games in his career?

PossumJenkins
Got em right where we want em
Werewolf
Their pitcher looks good, he's had us off balance with the CU the entire game. We've chased a lot of bad pitches.
wolfman18
That bunt attempt lol
ClePack
BigLefty24 said:

metcalfmafia said:

some absolutely terrible plate approaches today. Goal from pitch one should have been to be patient and make this dude pile up pitches. We've bailed him out all day by swinging at balls out of the zone early in the counts.
Yes. Exactly. We get so anxious when behind.
Werewolf
95 in the eyes, gotta say no to those.
matracey
Borowolf10 said:

Glasswolf said:

Alex Gee said:

Borowolf10 said:

Alex Gee said:

Borowolf10 said:

Slobbering_Wolf said:

ClePack said:

SniderFC said:

2 innings ago. Let Marohn go 80 pitches. Save everyone for tomorrow. Start Dudan (maybe?) An early lead is VITAL tomorrow.

Doing something we've literally never done instead of starting a Friday night ACC guy who has lead state to a 7-1 record when he's started games is the smart thing to do?

Yes Whittaker pitches to contact. That's not what you want in this park against this lineup. You want to strike out batters.

Good thing Whitaker has the highest Ks per 9 of our starters and I believe 3rd highest on the team only behind Smith and a touch behind Dudan.
He keeps trying to find something Alex lol.

Why are you two talking about options for tomorrow? I thought we were winning today or did you not actually believe that?

Talking about tomorrow when it's 8-0 in the 5th is a lot different than 2-0 in the 1st. And you know that. You enjoy when State loses because you get to post your snarky comments when we lose. Every message board has those guys and you play that role here. Some people also believe in their team no matter what. It's all good.
flylike44
So likely two lopsided snoozers. Tomorrow will be a low scoring nail biter. Pack wins in extra innings. Calling my shot.
ChemE94
flylike44 said:

So likely two lopsided snoozers. Tomorrow will be a low scoring nail biter. Pack wins in extra innings. Calling my shot.

I say we get hot our next at bats and scratch out the dub today
wirewolf
For the life of me why aren't we making this guy throw strikes? The breaking ball hasn't been a strike all day. Not bunting with Sosa early, base running errors, Fritton just pounding the zone with strikes against a team that just drops bombs. Horrible game plan pitching and offensively
Werewolf
I like the way our pitcher is working this inning. Only beef is he was up 1-2 on that line drive out and threw back to back fastballs in the dirt. Gotta miss up or away, not many swings and misses on FB's in the dirt.
flylike44
ChemE94 said:

flylike44 said:

I say we get hot our next at bats and scratch out the dub today
I'm also down for that.
metcalfmafia
Let them get all this out of their system.
Werewolf
up and out over the plates, not advised.
ChemE94
Alright boys - time to get a few
griff17matt
metcalfmafia said:

Worked on us yesterday
metcalfmafia
griff17matt said:

metcalfmafia said:

Worked on us yesterday

Yep!
M_A
Would be nice to chase this guy and at least make em burn another pitcher or two
Borowolf10
matracey said:

Borowolf10 said:

Glasswolf said:

Alex Gee said:

Borowolf10 said:

Alex Gee said:

Borowolf10 said:

Slobbering_Wolf said:

ClePack said:

SniderFC said:

He keeps trying to find something Alex lol.

Why are you two talking about options for tomorrow? I thought we were winning today or did you not actually believe that?

Talking about tomorrow when it's 8-0 in the 5th is a lot different than 2-0 in the 1st. And you know that. You enjoy when State loses because you get to post your snarky comments when we lose. Every message board has those guys and you play that role here. Some people also believe in their team no matter what. It's all good.

I'm positive when things are good, negative when things are bad. Being positive no matter what is childish and naive. Go back and look at my posts. I have no problem thinking we will win down 2-0. Being down 5-0 while making all the mistakes that UGA made yesterday is not a situation where you pretend like everything is great.

If you think I enjoy when we play poorly then you're outside you're simple mind.
Werewolf
gotta be overturned.

helluva play by their SS.
Nairo
Who is the Bo calling our game?
metcalfmafia
For ****s sake make the pitcher work.
BigLefty24
welp..guess I'll use the rest of my Sunday to buff/wax the boat.

The dreaded let down performance after a big win yesterday was the biggest fear, and it's played out exactly that way.
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*

I40Wolf
BigLefty24 said:

welp..guess I'll use the rest of my Sunday to buff/wax the boat.

The dreaded let down performance after a big win yesterday was the biggest fear, and it's played out exactly that way.

Two anomalous games in a row.
BigLefty24
metcalfmafia said:

For ****s sake make the pitcher work.

we've allowed them to go into a do or die game three tomorrow with a full stable of arms, a day after giving up 18 runs. Hell, their starter from yesterday will be available tomorrow. I do not understand the game plan.
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*

kbdavis33
Georgia was motivated.

Come out hot tmrw. Whitaker time to shine.
Slobbering_Wolf
We saw this happen after the VT game in the ACC championship, yesterday was fun but the whole time, I knew this was coming for today.....hoping to win tomorrow
Don't give up, don't ever give up-Jimmy V
Twitter: @jrouse84
Werewolf
We chased a lot of pitches out the zone and he was throwing the off-speed stuff for a strike when he needed to. Mixed it up with the fastball up and down & in. We blew our one inning to put some pressure on him and get our heads in the game. Move on to Game 3.
Slobbering_Wolf
Geez how many balls have we popped up today? Seems like 80% of the contact is just pop ups
pblanks
For all you experts, betting is legal in NC now.

This team has been resilient as hell all year. They deserve our support. It's a series after all.

The real question is what pitching does UGA have left to throw at us? We have 4 really, really good options tomorrow. I like our chances.
Slobbering_Wolf
A run!!!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.