Wolfpack Baseball - 2020 (1-0,0-0)

123,159 Views | 667 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by JCooke93
JCooke93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
1 more Day
SniderFC
I think Torres can be the next great SS to come out of State. Kid oozes potential.
metcalfmafia
SniderFC said:

I think Torres can be the next great SS to come out of State. Kid oozes potential.
Yep. Excited to see him play.
JCooke93
SniderFC said:

he can be
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
The Friday starter for @NCStateBaseball is lefty Nick Swiney, who had a team-high 95 strikeouts last season, while on Saturday and Sunday, a pair of freshmen in righty Matt Willadsen and lefty Chris Villaman will take the bump.
https://t.co/mnZLpKZRx0
Wolfer79
tau06
pack2010 said:

tau06 said:

JCooke93 said:

tau06 said:

JCooke, any type of breakdown or scouting report for what we can expect out of he two freshmen pitchers getting the nod this weekend?? Where do they sit fastball wise and what are their off speed offerings etc. just don't know a ton about them and too cheap for a BA subscription haha.
Villaman Strike out 5 Gamecocks in 2innings during the fall game but he is not 100% healthy

I assume it's not anything that will get worse if we are trotting him out this weekend then?
Pretty sure he's been sick, so nothing to really worry about. Just might be on a strict pitch count, like most pitchers, in case his arm isn't full strength.

But Villaman is a lefty that sits 89-92 with a high spin rate and advanced stuff for his age. Should be throwing a little harder sooner rather than later. Very highly recruited so it was a slight surprise he didn't get drafted high and ended up at ncsu. Big upside

Willadsen is a lanky righty who blew up on the mound his senior year of HS. Don't know too much about his stuff besides he sits around 90 with good secondary pitches, but he had a 0.35 ERA in 11 appearance (60 innings) and stuck out 102 hitters and walked 11. Players hit .099 against him. I read he had 3 no hitters his senior year. Most people think he could be in the low-mid 90s velocity wise when he fills out but he's really blown up the last 1-2 years.

Good info, thanks Pack2010!
CLTWolf
tau06 said:

pack2010 said:

tau06 said:

JCooke93 said:

tau06 said:

JCooke, any type of breakdown or scouting report for what we can expect out of he two freshmen pitchers getting the nod this weekend?? Where do they sit fastball wise and what are their off speed offerings etc. just don't know a ton about them and too cheap for a BA subscription haha.
Villaman Strike out 5 Gamecocks in 2innings during the fall game but he is not 100% healthy

I assume it's not anything that will get worse if we are trotting him out this weekend then?
Pretty sure he's been sick, so nothing to really worry about. Just might be on a strict pitch count, like most pitchers, in case his arm isn't full strength.

But Villaman is a lefty that sits 89-92 with a high spin rate and advanced stuff for his age. Should be throwing a little harder sooner rather than later. Very highly recruited so it was a slight surprise he didn't get drafted high and ended up at ncsu. Big upside

Willadsen is a lanky righty who blew up on the mound his senior year of HS. Don't know too much about his stuff besides he sits around 90 with good secondary pitches, but he had a 0.35 ERA in 11 appearance (60 innings) and stuck out 102 hitters and walked 11. Players hit .099 against him. I read he had 3 no hitters his senior year. Most people think he could be in the low-mid 90s velocity wise when he fills out but he's really blown up the last 1-2 years.

Good info, thanks Pack2010!
Willadsen was a beast all through HS though as stated by pack10, he was nearly unhittable his SR year at Holly Springs. He's definitely one I'm really excited about seeing out there on the bump.

We just have so many arms this year, hopefully we can leverage that into staying fresh well into the season.
JCooke93
Les then 24 hours
metcalfmafia
Finally got my season ticket cards!
JCooke93
16 hours but who is counting Lol
Ripper
JCooke93 said:

16 hours but who is counting Lol
You don't seem too excited for the upcoming season.
metcalfmafia
GAMEEEEE DAYYYYYYY
mikemattocks
It's game day folks!!! Go Pack!!!
gopack1979
See you guys at 3. I'll be hanging in the pen.
JCooke93
I will be there
pack2010
It's finally here. Really excited to see some of the newcomers this weekend. Go Pack!
Gost8
I'm having trouble with my espn app , does anyone have a score update ?
CLTWolf
Gost8 said:

I'm having trouble with my espn app , does anyone have a score update ?

2-0 us. Jonny Butler hits a 2 run ding dong.
westerj12
2-0 State. Top 4. Swiney has 7 Ks through 3 innings
Colonel Armstrong
Nice to start of the year with a win
wilmwolf
Swiney was dealing. Great outing from him. Bats were quiet, but their starter was pitching pretty well also.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
Ripper
Darn. Had to miss today. Nice to start with a W.
Pack31
wilmwolf80 said:

Swiney was dealing. Great outing from him. Bats were quiet, but their starter was pitching pretty well also.

Saw elsewhere that their pitcher was all conference last year. Hes supposedly pretty good. Bats will wake up. Swiney looked great!
Wolfer79
UP NEXT
Saturday, Feb. 15 James Madison 2 PM
metcalfmafia
I hope what we saw yesterday is the newly developed Devonte Brown. That dude had some smack behind his swing.
Pack31
metcalfmafia said:

I hope what we saw yesterday is the newly developed Devonte Brown. That dude had some smack behind his swing.

Right. Looked very confident. If he comes close to Wilson's production, it will help Bailey out alot.
mikemattocks
Great win by the Pack yesterday! Swiney was throwing straight gas. Devonte Brown looked good yesterday hitting some frozen ropes. Bats were quiet for the most part but they will come around. When you have good pitching like we had yesterday you will always be in the ball game. Who will get the start on the mound today for The Pack?
pack2010
mikemattocks said:

Great win by the Pack yesterday! Swiney was throwing straight gas. Devonte Brown looked good yesterday hitting some frozen ropes. Bats were quiet for the most part but they will come around. When you have good pitching like we had yesterday you will always be in the ball game. Who will get the start on the mound today for The Pack?

Freshman Matt Willadsen gets the ball today
kmb717
Can we start threads dedicated to each series to break things up a bit?
Wolfer79
kmb717 said:

Can we start threads dedicated to each series to break things up a bit?

Yes
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.