Wolfpack Baseball - 2020 (1-0,0-0)

123,175 Views | 667 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by JCooke93
ShaggyWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
JCooke93 said:

pack2010 said:

JCooke93 said:

All I can say about the Opening Weekend Starting Rotation is That it's Probably Going To Be
Fri Jr
Sat FR
Sun Jr
Im guessing

Reid
Villaman
Swinney

I think Swinney has the most high end stuff for Friday night, but Reid will eat more innings and keep the bullpen a little more fresh, especially for opening weekend.
I am not going to say but that's not going to be the Starting rotation on Opening weekend
Harrison?
JCooke93
ShaggyWolf said:

JCooke93 said:

pack2010 said:

JCooke93 said:

All I can say about the Opening Weekend Starting Rotation is That it's Probably Going To Be
Fri Jr
Sat FR
Sun Jr
Im guessing

Reid
Villaman
Swinney

I think Swinney has the most high end stuff for Friday night, but Reid will eat more innings and keep the bullpen a little more fresh, especially for opening weekend.
I am not going to say but that's not going to be the Starting rotation on Opening weekend
Harrison?
I can neither confirm or deny
JCooke93
We will be fine either way just relax and stay calm it's a 56 game season so just remember that
JCooke93
4 Days
JCooke93
3 Days
mikemattocks
I am so ready for Friday to get here and get baseball season under way. Real excited to see what this year's team can do. From what I can tell and have read, we have plenty of speed on the team. Not sure what our power numbers are going to look like though. Hopefully Chris Villaman makes the starting rotation and Noah Soles cracks the starting lineup. GO PACK!!!
JCooke93
mikemattocks said:

I am so ready for Friday to get here and get baseball season under way. Real excited to see what this year's team can do. From what I can tell and have read, we have plenty of speed on the team. Not sure what our power numbers are going to look like though. Hopefully Chris Villaman makes the starting rotation and Noah Soles cracks the starting lineup. GO PACK!!!
Noah will probably crack the Starting lineup soon and Chris will probably be in the Starting rotation either Tennessee Tech Series or Big10 vs ACC Challenge Baseball Tournament
pack2010
Pretty decent pitching piece out to start the year
pack2010
I guess it's kind of public knowledge but Cam Cotter is out until mid April, hopefully. Back surgery.
EthanBarry
Staff
pack2010 said:

I guess it's kind of public knowledge but Cam Cotter is out until mid April, hopefully. Back surgery.

Not good at all. Silver lining is it's not an arm injury
pack2010
EthanBarry said:

pack2010 said:

Not good at all. Silver lining is it's not an arm injury

Agreed. Probably a top 5-6 arm on our staff. Definitely a big loss, hopefully he recovers nicely and we have him fresh for the meat of the schedule
metcalfmafia
Wolfer79
JCooke93
2 more Days
pack2010
JCooke93
pack2010 said:

I am very surprised about this but I like it
pack2010

Tough start to the season injury wise
ShaggyWolf
pack2010 said:

No Reid, interesting.
metcalfmafia
Man I'm pumped. Love baseball season.
pack2010
ShaggyWolf said:

pack2010 said:

No Reid, interesting.
He's been sick and missed about a week of practice. Easing him back into it it sounded like
JCooke93
pack2010 said:

ShaggyWolf said:

pack2010 said:

No Reid, interesting.
He's been sick and missed about a week of practice. Easing him back into it it sounded like
yup same with Chris Villaman
ShaggyWolf
pack2010 said:

ShaggyWolf said:

pack2010 said:

No Reid, interesting.
Ah. Thanks for the info.
JCooke93
pack2010 said:

ShaggyWolf said:

pack2010 said:

No Reid, interesting.
reid And chirs Pitch a 1/inning Simulator game yesterday
pack2010
Didn't realize Tyler McDonough was a draft eligible sophomore. Not ideal!
JCooke93
pack2010 said:

wait what
pack2010
JCooke93 said:

pack2010 said:

wait what

Aaron Fitt of D1 baseball did a Q&A on reddit and said he could be a top 10 round pick this year. FYI the question was about NCSU prospects not named Patrick Bailey

" Yeah! Nick Swiney is another one of my favorite sleepers -- he had the best stuff on the staff last year, and that crazy strikeout rate (95 K in 56 IP) reflects it. Lefty who sits 90-94, and the changeup and breaking ball will both flash plus. I expect him to be the Friday guy this year and have a huge season; it's just a matter of throwing enough strikes, but I was so encouraged by the way he came on down the stretch last year. I also like Tyler McDonough, a draft-eligible sophomore, maybe a top-10-rounds guy. Compact frame with bat speed, switch-hitter, baseball rat, athletic enough to play second base (where he still needs some polishing) or center field. Very good player."
TraCha4
injuries!!!! Pretty much been the theme for our major sports this year.
JCooke93
pack2010 said:

JCooke93 said:

pack2010 said:

wait what

Aaron Fitt of D1 baseball did a Q&A on reddit and said he could be a top 10 round pick this year. FYI the question was about NCSU prospects not named Patrick Bailey

" Yeah! Nick Swiney is another one of my favorite sleepers -- he had the best stuff on the staff last year, and that crazy strikeout rate (95 K in 56 IP) reflects it. Lefty who sits 90-94, and the changeup and breaking ball will both flash plus. I expect him to be the Friday guy this year and have a huge season; it's just a matter of throwing enough strikes, but I was so encouraged by the way he came on down the stretch last year. I also like Tyler McDonough, a draft-eligible sophomore, maybe a top-10-rounds guy. Compact frame with bat speed, switch-hitter, baseball rat, athletic enough to play second base (where he still needs some polishing) or center field. Very good player."
noooo in my sad voice
tau06
JCooke, any type of breakdown or scouting report for what we can expect out of he two freshmen pitchers getting the nod this weekend?? Where do they sit fastball wise and what are their off speed offerings etc. just don't know a ton about them and too cheap for a BA subscription haha.
JCooke93
tau06 said:

JCooke, any type of breakdown or scouting report for what we can expect out of he two freshmen pitchers getting the nod this weekend?? Where do they sit fastball wise and what are their off speed offerings etc. just don't know a ton about them and too cheap for a BA subscription haha.
Villaman Strike out 5 Gamecocks in 2innings during the fall game but he is not 100% healthy
JCooke93
tau06 said:

and and Willadsen has Pitch the last 3 Spring Friday's vs Swiney46
JCooke93
And both fr can hit the Baseball too
tau06
JCooke93 said:

tau06 said:

Villaman Strike out 5 Gamecocks in 2innings during the fall game but he is not 100% healthy

I assume it's not anything that will get worse if we are trotting him out this weekend then?
pack2010
tau06 said:

JCooke93 said:

tau06 said:

I assume it's not anything that will get worse if we are trotting him out this weekend then?
Pretty sure he's been sick, so nothing to really worry about. Just might be on a strict pitch count, like most pitchers, in case his arm isn't full strength.

But Villaman is a lefty that sits 89-92 with a high spin rate and advanced stuff for his age. Should be throwing a little harder sooner rather than later. Very highly recruited so it was a slight surprise he didn't get drafted high and ended up at ncsu. Big upside

Willadsen is a lanky righty who blew up on the mound his senior year of HS. Don't know too much about his stuff besides he sits around 90 with good secondary pitches, but he had a 0.35 ERA in 11 appearance (60 innings) and stuck out 102 hitters and walked 11. Players hit .099 against him. I read he had 3 no hitters his senior year. Most people think he could be in the low-mid 90s velocity wise when he fills out but he's really blown up the last 1-2 years.
Pack31
Good stuff! Thx

Sux we've had all this warm weather and Friday/Saturday will be cold again. Oh well, they're kids right?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.