Wolfpack Baseball - 2020 (1-0,0-0)

123,157 Views | 667 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by JCooke93
wilmwolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Right. Tatum was marginally better at the plate, although McArthur actually had a higher on base percentage. There's nothing quantifiable that you can look at on the stat sheet and say that one should definitely play over the other. As you say, on paper, Brown actually had better numbers than both offensively. I think if we had more left handed bats at other positions, Brown likely would've played more. As it stands, I was fine platooning them based on matchups and whomever was playing well. You need guys that can pinch hit situationally as well. There's a role there for everyone. If Tatum can have better plate discipline, it's his job to lose. Stop trying to hit the ball out of the park and start putting it in play and he can be the player we think he can be.
gopack1979
Not going to look it up but Tatum's OBP had to be much higher his freshman year than last year. Seemed like the kid always walked. Maybe just maybe these kids get better and learn from last year(sophomore slump). Having a bunch of talented guys is a good problem to have.

Real key will be the two old hats in the bullpen though. If we get Klyman and Feeny to pitch like they're capable of the rest will fall in place. Our best teams have been killer in the back end of the pen.
JCooke93
gopack1979 said:

Not going to look it up but Tatum's OBP had to be much higher his freshman year than last year. Seemed like the kid always walked. Maybe just maybe these kids get better and learn from last year(sophomore slump). Having a bunch of talented guys is a good problem to have.

Real key will be the two old hats in the bullpen though. If we get Klyman and Feeny to pitch like they're capable of the rest will fall in place. Our best teams have been killer in the back end of the pen.
And L.bender also in the backend of the Bullpen
cwolf
Is Hunter Christopher still on the roster after redshirting last year?
JCooke93
cwolf said:

Is Hunter Christopher still on the roster after redshirting last year?
nope he is going to Pitt Community College
JCooke93
My Very Early Updated Projection Midweek Starting Rotation
C.Cotter35
A.Tillery47
L.Whitaker16
C.Villaman
M.Willadsen
A.Pace
T.Cao
Cj.Neese.Jr
Struttingwolf96
So is CJ Neese gonna be starting of as a Pitcher instead of a Positional player?
Glasswolf
Struttingwolf96 said:

So is CJ Neese gonna be starting of as a Pitcher instead of a Positional player?
Way too early..Let fall ball start and see where things land...
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

Glasswolf
I had lunch with Avent a few weeks ago. He has an idea for about 60% of the starting infield and he has a rotation for pitching that isn't even close except for Reid Johnson

braz213
Glasswolf said:

I had lunch with Avent a few weeks ago. He has an idea for about 60% of the starting infield and he has a rotation for pitching that isn't even close except for Reid Johnson

Dang. Thanks Glass.
CLTWolf
Glasswolf said:

So they want Reid in the weekend rotation now? Because the last two years he has started out in the bullpen in long relief.
JCooke93
Glasswolf said:

JCooke93
Glasswolf said:

so no D.harrison10 or N.swiney46 in the Starting Rotation ?
3rdGenPacker
I think Neese will be a pitcher in the beginning. If that doesn't work out, he might get moved to IF.
JCooke93
3rdGenPacker said:

I think Neese will be a pitcher in the beginning. If that doesn't work out, he might get moved to IF.
he is going to be a two way player
Glasswolf
JCooke93 said:

Glasswolf said:

He mentioned them as leaders but Reid is the only lock from day one

Wolfer79
JCooke93
Glasswolf said:

JCooke93 said:

Glasswolf said:

He mentioned them as leaders but Reid is the only lock from day one
Got it
JCooke93
J.Torres And D.Giles are putting in work at the Doak Tonight
JCooke93
And Cj.neese.jr is going to be a two way player as of right now
JCooke93
I Have A Feeling That S.Highfill Could Get The Starting Job At 3B
Ripper
JCooke93 said:

What are you basing your feeling on? Inside info? A hunch? Seen him play recently and he looks great?
PackFansXL
Ripper said:

JCooke93 said:

What are you basing your feeling on? Inside info? A hunch? Seen him play recently and he looks great?
Crystal ball?
JCooke93
Ripper said:

JCooke93 said:

A Hunch
JCooke93
Got Some Breaking News M.Gauther will not be back with the Pack 9 in 2020 He Has Transferred To West Texas A&M University
JCooke93
And H.christopher23 is going to Pitt Community College
wilmwolf
Interesting. I had high hopes for him, but I don't remember him appearing at all last year.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
CLTWolf
wilmwolf80 said:

Interesting. I had high hopes for him, but I don't remember him appearing at all last year.

I think he got very little burn at the beginning of the year. He was a decent midweek guy. This is a good move for him, where he can actually play.
Struttingwolf96
Thanks JCooke93, so have you heard anything else regarding David Vazquez & If he is staying at State still?
JCooke93
Struttingwolf96 said:

Thanks JCooke93, so have you heard anything else regarding David Vazquez & If he is staying at State still?
I have not heard anything on him yet
JCooke93
I am really excited to see this FR Class
JCooke93
L.mcarther11 will be back this fall
JCooke93
1 more Month till the fall season starts
JCooke93
According to Kendall Rogers we have 3 players in the Transfer Portal the only 2 I know of is H.christopher23 and M.gauthier30 don't know who the 3 player is
Struttingwolf96
Vazquez?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.