Wolfpack Baseball - 2020 (1-0,0-0)

123,174 Views | 667 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by JCooke93
JCooke93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
pack2010 said:

1 month out and practice should start this week (at least it does at other programs)

Lineup guess (with batting order which is TOUGH) disclaimer- tresh could be in LF, Murr at 1st, Debo DH as well

CF- Johnny Butler- lead off all last year, assuming he takes the next step
2nd- Tyler mac- can put him anywhere in the lineup, this is a tough spot but he can handle the bat. Might want to move him down some in order to have him up with guys on
C- Patrick Bailey- like him in the 3 hole to get as many ABs as possible
DH- Luca tresh- big power guy, can see him getting 15 HRs as long as he cuts down on the Ks
3rd- mensik- my guess who clicks this year. Plus athlete with good pop, he can also hit almost anywhere in the lineup
1st- Debo- if he gets back to form, this lineup is dangerous
LF- Austin Murr- might be too low as I think he can really hit and handle the bat
RF- devonte brown- another plus athlete who can hit anywhere in the order. Needs to prove he can hold onto the RF spot
SS- Jose torres- likely better than this, but just don't know enough about him yet. But him and brown at 8 and 9 put a lot of pressure on teams assuming they make consistent contact

Honestly the lineup was much harder than I thought. So many guys can hit in a lot of different spots and only 1 true power guy. But I do think we can have 5-6 guys in the 7-12 home run range. This lineup feels more athletic but it really needs to limit the Ks.

Friday- swinney
Saturday- Reid
Sunday- villaman
that's similar to mine
pack2010
JCooke93 said:

pack2010 said:

1 month out and practice should start this week (at least it does at other programs)

Lineup guess (with batting order which is TOUGH) disclaimer- tresh could be in LF, Murr at 1st, Debo DH as well

2nd- Tyler mac- can put him anywhere in the lineup, this is a tough spot but he can handle the bat. Might want to move him down some in order to have him up with guys on
DH- Luca tresh- big power guy, can see him getting 15 HRs as long as he cuts down on the Ks
3rd- mensik- my guess who clicks this year. Plus athlete with good pop, he can also hit almost anywhere in the lineup
LF- Austin Murr- might be too low as I think he can really hit and handle the bat
RF- devonte brown- another plus athlete who can hit anywhere in the order. Needs to prove he can hold onto the RF spot
SS- Jose torres- likely better than this, but just don't know enough about him yet. But him and brown at 8 and 9 put a lot of pressure on teams assuming they make consistent contact

Honestly the lineup was much harder than I thought. So many guys can hit in a lot of different spots and only 1 true power guy. But I do think we can have 5-6 guys in the 7-12 home run range. This lineup feels more athletic but it really needs to limit the Ks.

Friday- swinney
Saturday- Reid
Sunday- villaman
that's similar to mine

What's yours?
JCooke93
pack2010 said:

JCooke93 said:

pack2010 said:

Friday- swinney
Saturday- Reid
Sunday- villaman
that's similar to mine

What's yours?
I have 2
JCooke93
This is The 1 One is
Catcher P.bailey5
1B A.Murr33
2BT.Mcdonough13
SS J.Torres8
3B V.Mensik6
LFL.Tresh24
CF J.butler14
RF D.brown3
DH B.Debo12
Weekend Rotation
R.johnston29
C.Villaman16
D.harrison10
JCooke93
My 2 Starting lineup
Catcher P.bailey5
1BL.Tresh24
2BD.Giles20
3BM.Willadsen23
SSV.Mensik6
LFJ.butler14
RFT.tatum1
CFT.Mcdonough13
My 2 Weekend Rotation
N.swiney46
R.johnston29
C.Villaman16
EthanBarry
Staff
Justin you don't think Soles cracks the lineup?
JCooke93
EthanBarry said:

Justin you don't think Soles cracks the lineup?
I think that he will during the middle of the season
metcalfmafia
Projected lineup from D1 Baseball

JCooke93
It was a good scrimmage yesterday
metcalfmafia
JCooke93 said:

We rolling with McDonough and Torres in the middle? Or JT?
pack2010
JCooke93 said:

Any details to spare?
pack2010
metcalfmafia said:

JCooke93 said:

This picture makes it seem like McDonough is getting a lot of reps up the middle with Torres

JCooke93
metcalfmafia said:

JCooke93 said:

pitching was good and D.brown3 was the only one to hit a HR Yesterday
pack2010
JCooke93 said:

metcalfmafia said:

JCooke93 said:

Who pitched well? Can you name names?
JCooke93
pack2010 said:

JCooke93 said:

metcalfmafia said:

JCooke93 said:

Who pitched well? Can you name names?
Swiney46 C.cotter35 M.willadsen23 L.benter37 K.klyman44
WolfpackJack69
pack2010
With Tresh out, the lineup could go in a few different ways. Does Tatum slide into an OF spot (or whoever our best OF is?) or does JT Jarrett play 2nd and move Tyler back to the OF? Or does Murr play LF and we let someone else (Vasquez or someone else) play 1st.
JCooke93
Tatum with a Triple And a 3 Run HR Yesterday And A.tillery18 got all 6 guys out he faced
JCooke93
pack2010 said:

With Tresh out, the lineup could go in a few different ways. Does Tatum slide into an OF spot (or whoever our best OF is?) or does JT Jarrett play 2nd and move Tyler back to the OF? Or does Murr play LF and we let someone else (Vasquez or someone else) play 1st.
as of the 1 weekend Murr And Vasquez played 1B
pack2010
JCooke93 said:

Tatum with a Triple And a 3 Run HR Yesterday And A.tillery18 got all 6 guys out he faced

Ohh good tidbits here. Would really really love to have Tatum take a spot with Tresh out. Who did he hit them off?

Also, Vasquez was my guess for 1st base. He can be productive IMO
JCooke93
pack2010 said:

JCooke93 said:

Ohh good tidbits here. Would really really love to have Tatum take a spot with Tresh out. Who did he hit them off?

Pike45 and CJ.NEESE.JR36
pack2010
JCooke93 said:

pack2010 said:

JCooke93 said:

Pike45 and CJ.NEESE.JR36

Thanks for the intel. Any other standouts?
JCooke93
pack2010 said:

JCooke93 said:

pack2010 said:

JCooke93 said:

Pike45 and CJ.NEESE.JR36

Thanks for the intel. Any other standouts?
Your Welcome
Wolfer79
ShaggyWolf
Wolfer79 said:

Love all the positive press Pat has been getting. I'll be pulling for him this year, he has the chance to make a lot of money this spring.
JCooke93
16 Days
Wolfer79
JCooke93
I am really excited
TraCha4
Because you are a baseball fan and it's almost baseball season? Or, because you like the talent level and things you have seen from this team?
JCooke93
TraCha4 said:

Because you are a baseball fan and it's almost baseball season? Or, because you like the talent level and things you have seen from this team?
all of the above
pack2010
I wish nc state baseball gave more coverage overall. Looking at big time programs, they tweet out scrimmage times and stats and some even have a baseball decicated analytics Twitter. I understand keeping things close to the chest, but imo some scoop/info would keep fans more engaged
TraCha4
That works but I sure was hoping you would say it's because of the sneaky good new additions to the existing talent.

I'm excited too!
JCooke93
TraCha4 said:

That works but I sure was hoping you would say it's because of the sneaky good new additions to the existing talent.

I'm excited too!
we do have some good New players
TraCha4
Looking forward to your coverage of the pack this year.
JCooke93
It's Official Beer at the Doak in 2020

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.