Wolfpack Baseball - 2020 (1-0,0-0)

123,160 Views | 667 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by JCooke93
JCooke93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
pack2010 said:

JCooke93 said:

Struttingwolf96 said:

You dont believe Murr or Brown will be in the lineup?
they will be in the Starting lineup
Who? Murr and brown? Confusing because you guessed they wouldn't be
no I was saying that was my power bats lineup
JCooke93
UNC Chapel Hill At NC State Baseball Series April 17-19 The Times Are 6:30pm on Friday And Saturday
Sunday At 1pm
pack2010
JMU released their schedule and we start the season with them at home. Hopefully we add a couple decent OOC weekends, Minnesota was supposed to be that last year but they weren't great. Typically our mid week games vs Coastal, UNCW, South Carolina (last year) are okay, but I think we need a good weekend or two series
JCooke93
pack2010 said:

JMU released their schedule and we start the season with them at home. Hopefully we add a couple decent OOC weekends, Minnesota was supposed to be that last year but they weren't great. Typically our mid week games vs Coastal, UNCW, South Carolina (last year) are okay, but I think we need a good weekend or two series
we will be fine
EthanBarry
Staff
pack2010 said:

I don't think I've ever seen such bad luck with a schedule before. They had a really good looking schedule preseason and and by the end of the year it was mediocre at best
JCooke93
EthanBarry said:

pack2010 said:

I don't think I've ever seen such bad luck with a schedule before. They had a really good looking schedule preseason and and by the end of the year it was mediocre at best
it's going to be a good Schedule
WolfpackJack69
Word on the street is we have JMU at home for week one. Tennesse Tech at home week 2 and then they go to Minnesota to play in the ACC\Big 10 Challenge (Minnesota, Purdue, Iowa). Duke and UNC will be the other ACC teams.
JCooke93
WolfpackJack69 said:

Word on the street is we have JMU at home for week one. Tennesse Tech at home week 2 and then they go to Minnesota to play in the ACC\Big 10 Challenge (Minnesota, Purdue, Iowa). Duke and UNC will be the other ACC teams.
it's true
I40Wolf
Are they playing indoors?
JCooke93
I40Wolf said:

Are they playing indoors?
yes
pack2010
That's cool and all, but Purdue and Iowa are both incredibly average programs. Not going to really help with the SOS.
metcalfmafia
When will I know where my season tickets will be located?
JCooke93
pack2010 said:

That's cool and all, but Purdue and Iowa are both incredibly average programs. Not going to really help with the SOS.
they are usually pretty good
JCooke93
#StartLeary said:

January early February
metcalfmafia
JCooke93 said:

#StartLeary said:

January early February

Thanks man!
JCooke93
#StartLeary said:

JCooke93 said:

#StartLeary said:

January early February

Thanks man!
Your Welcome
JCooke93
We are not going to be playing EZU Eastern Carolina in 2020
pack2010
So based on this fall, it seems like Bender is going to be a bullpen piece?

Assuming he's as good as advertised, him/kylman/Feeney are going to close a lot of games starting in the 6th inning.

But dang if I wasn't hoping for him to get a chance as a Sunday guy since he started last year in juco
JCooke93
pack2010 said:

So based on this fall, it seems like Bender is going to be a bullpen piece?

Assuming he's as good as advertised, him/kylman/Feeney are going to close a lot of games starting in the 6th inning.

But dang if I wasn't hoping for him to get a chance as a Sunday guy since he started last year in juco
Yup
JCooke93
My 2020 Pack 9 Depth Chart By Position Today is Going To Be The Catching Depth Chart
1P.Bailey5
2B.Debo12
3L.Tresh24
4T.Mcdonough13
pack2010
Lots of schedules being released this week, hopefully ours isn't far behind
JCooke93
My 2020 Pack 9 Depth Chart At 1B as of right now Today
1A.Murr33Jr
2W.Butcher21Fr
3S.Highfill17Fr
4B.Debo12Sr
5L.Tresh24So
6D.Brown3Jr
7D.Vasquez7Jr
JCooke93
My 2020 Pack 9 Depth Chart in CF Today As of Right Now
1J.Butler14Sr
2T.Tatum1Jr
3T.Mcdonough13So
4N.Soles2Fr
5L.McArther11Sr
6T.Thomas31Jr
Struttingwolf96
Butler is just a Jr. right?
JCooke93
Struttingwolf96 said:

Butler is just a Jr. right?
right I thought he was a Sr my bad
pack2010
JCooke93 said:

pack2010 said:

they are usually pretty good
dont get me wrong, i hope they have a great 2020 season for our sake, but Purdue had a RPI of 217 and Iowa checked in with a 106 RPI (Minnesota finished 64). Not going to move the meter in our favor unless they are really improved.

For reference- JMU had a 163 RPI and Tenn Tech finished with a RPI of 237 last year. So 8 of our OOC games so far are against teams who finished last year with a RPI of >100. We will really need a couple series vs good teams, no doubt about it. Our RPI/SOS is a main reason why we didnt host last year (but yes, we dropped some games late we should have won too).
EthanBarry
Staff
Hopefully there's a marquee series on top of these games, if that happens it's probably decent. If this is the marquee series then I agree, not a good sign.

It's hard to complain about the Tenn Tech matchup. They were a game away from Omaha in 2018. So was Minnesota.

The not playing ECU thing is infuriating. If you replace two games against Towson and George Mason with a home and away against ECU, you're probably hosting with a split
JCooke93
EthanBarry said:

Hopefully there's a marquee series on top of these games, if that happens it's probably decent. If this is the marquee series then I agree, not a good sign.

It's hard to complain about the Tenn Tech matchup. They were a game away from Omaha in 2018. So was Minnesota.

The not playing ECU thing is infuriating. If you replace two games against Towson and George Mason with a home and away against ECU, you're probably hosting with a split
we are not going to be playing GMU Towson And ECU in 2020
JCooke93
My 2020 Pack 9 Depth Chart at 2B As of Today
1T.Mcdonough13So
2JT.JARRETT15Jr
3D.Vasquez7Jr
4D.Giles20Fr
5D.Brown3Jr
JCooke93
My 2020 Pack 9 3B Depth Chart at of Right Now
1V.Mensik6So
2M.Willadsen23Fr
3CJ.NEESE.JR36FR
4D.Giles20Fr
5D.Vasquez7Jr
6D.Brown3Jr
JCooke93
My 2020 Pack 9 SS Depth Chart as of right now
1J.Torres8Fr
2V.Mensik6So
3D.Vasquez7Jr
4D.Brown3Jr
5M.M.Willadsen23Fr
6Cj.Neese.Jr36Fr
pack2010
How much PT do we think some of these freshmen are actually going to get as 2 way players? Seems like Avent doesn't use them much, and I'm not entirely sure why. I know most of the freshmen 2 way guys are primarily backups in the field, but who will get ABs as well as pitch? IIRC Reid Johnston came in as a very established prep hitter but hasn't had an AB. Will Villaman/Willadsen/Highfill actually play a few games in the field/DH? On the flip side, will Neese get some time on the mound? He was up to 94 a few times, gotta think we will give him a look.

I think the last guy I remember was when he gave Kinneman a few innings on the mound and that was a disaster. But BK wasn't known for being a good HS pitcher (like we have now) so I am not sure the reasoning behind it. Also remember Rodon getting a few ABs, but lets be real- he was a special case and needed to be protected.
JCooke93
pack2010 said:

How much PT do we think some of these freshmen are actually going to get as 2 way players? Seems like Avent doesn't use them much, and I'm not entirely sure why. I know most of the freshmen 2 way guys are primarily backups in the field, but who will get ABs as well as pitch? IIRC Reid Johnston came in as a very established prep hitter but hasn't had an AB. Will Villaman/Willadsen/Highfill actually play a few games in the field/DH? On the flip side, will Neese get some time on the mound? He was up to 94 a few times, gotta think we will give him a look.

I think the last guy I remember was when he gave Kinneman a few innings on the mound and that was a disaster. But BK wasn't known for being a good HS pitcher (like we have now) so I am not sure the reasoning behind it. Also remember Rodon getting a few ABs, but lets be real- he was a special case and needed to be protected.
I think that they all will
EthanBarry
Staff
pack2010 said:

It's rare but becoming more common. You have top of the draft talents like Brendan McKay and Hunter Greene but seems like some teams will use a positional player as their closer. JC Flowers at FSU did it and then was drafted as a pitcher. I think Miami had a guy do it too. Evan Mendoza was a pitcher his freshman year and then moved to third. Maybe one guy can do it but I'd be surprised if it's a big thing.
pack2010
EthanBarry said:

pack2010 said:

It's rare but becoming more common. You have top of the draft talents like Brendan McKay and Hunter Greene but seems like some teams will use a positional player as their closer. JC Flowers at FSU did it and then was drafted as a pitcher. I think Miami had a guy do it too. Evan Mendoza was a pitcher his freshman year and then moved to third. Maybe one guy can do it but I'd be surprised if it's a big thing.

Oh I agree 100%, but I just hope that Avent gives it's a shot. Villaman had eye popping hitting numbers. Neese can throw mid 90s. Pretty sure willadsen was recruited as primarily an IF before his senior year pitching dominance. Seems like we have a couple guys that can contribute multiple ways because it's doable

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.