#Pack9 (22-15, 12-9) @ East Carolina 4/23 (6-10 loss)

6,207 Views | 108 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by Wolfer79
Slobbering_Wolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think he should be out, no way we get this call though
Don't give up, don't ever give up-Jimmy V
Twitter: @jrouse84
Borowolf10
Who is this local drunk they have doing color commentary?
JacksonWilliford
Out all the way
Why not us?

Follow me on twitter: @fj_williford
wilmwolf
We're questioning whether he had possession of the baseball? He had the ball for ten seconds.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
Alex Gee
Staff
3b umpire has made two awful calls today and been adamant that he's right. One on us, one on them
Borowolf10
Apparently if you lay on the fielder's glove and the ball pops out then that's not good enough? Lol
Alex Gee
Staff
That is an atrocious call. You have to teach runners to knock balls out of gloves now. Horrible
wilmwolf
Another call bought by six thousand drunks.
Slobbering_Wolf
Unfortunately I knew that was coming
PossumJenkins
These umps are wanting to make it outta here alive surrounded by these idiots
Borowolf10
We aren't going to get any calls because the umps are scared some illiterate goon is going to run onto the field and attack them.
wilmwolf
Just let the runner barrel into the base like Pete Rose every time, ok.
Alex Gee
Staff
I legitimately believe we've seen a 4 run swing by the umpires. Serrano's strike three took 2 off the board and that BS at 3rd let them get 2.
wilmwolf
Alex Gee said:

I legitimately believe we've seen a 4 run swing by the umpires. Serrano's strike three took 2 off the board and that BS at 3rd let them get 2.

I'm still more pissed about that call than I should be on a Tuesday night.
Slobbering_Wolf
I don't get bringing in Garrett Payne in this spot
wilmwolf
Color commentator is a goober of the highest order.
Alex Gee
Staff
Slobbering_Wolf said:

I don't get bringing in Garrett Payne in this spot

Trying to steal outs instead of destroy arms. Rather it there than in a high leverage/game winning type spot.
metcalfmafia
Is there a way to look up the amount of bunts that have been successful this year?
Alex Gee
Staff
metcalfmafia said:

Is there a way to look up the amount of bunts that have been successful this year?

Lol it might be 0
Slobbering_Wolf
What an absolute poop show of two at bats there by Pennington and Hogue
ClePack
Slobbering_Wolf said:

What an absolute poop show of two at bats there by Pennington and Hogue

I believe that ecu pitcher threw the same pitch 4 times. Last pitch of Pennington at bat and all 3 pitches to hogue.

Our squad gets so tense with RISP
Alex Gee
Staff
0-7 tonight with RISP. The back to back to back was sweet but we gotta cash in more often in those spots
wilmwolf
They're taking laps in the outfield celebrating a win on a Tuesday? Ok
Alex Gee
Staff
Oh well. Didn't play poorly, didn't play our best. Some stuff you can't control that was really, really frustrating.

I don't want to play in a Greenville regional for multiple reasons… but we'd win that thing.
CoachCase
Alex Gee said:

Oh well. Didn't play poorly, didn't play our best. Some stuff you can't control that was really, really frustrating.

I don't want to play in a Greenville regional for multiple reasons… but we'd win that thing.

Agree, we could win it but knowing NCAA that is where we will be. Hopefully team will be healthy and be ready to do some damage!
Alex Gee
Staff
CoachCase said:

Alex Gee said:

Agree, we could win it but knowing NCAA that is where we will be. Hopefully team will be healthy and be ready to do some damage!

We are going to host one. I really believe that
WolfQuacker
Alex Gee said:

CoachCase said:

Alex Gee said:

We are going to host one. I really believe that
I hope so. If we are in Greenville we'll have the masses cheering against us every game. I've always thought it was BS to put a team in with a host "rival". Too easy to avoid that.
WolfQuacker
wilmwolf said:

They're taking laps in the outfield celebrating a win on a Tuesday? Ok
They said it was an attendance record. But it's not their superbowl.

I wonder how many times they've set a record when we play in Greenville across all sports.
wilmwolf
Alex Gee said:

0-7 tonight with RISP. The back to back to back was sweet but we gotta cash in more often in those spots

I don't know the answer, especially with Soles still out, but I feel like we need to tweak the lineup a little bit more. We're putting a lot of pressure on Pennington and A Mak to drive in runs, and that's fine because they are the two best at it, but we need someone else. Especially against left handed pitching. I was glad to see Heavner finally get a chance. He's no slugger, but watching the same guys go 0-fer at the DH spot isn't getting it done. Lots of things trending good right now, just need to get guys home at a more reasonable clip.
FLWolf
pitching depth is an issue - we better win game one of a regional
Alex Gee
Staff
FLWolf said:

1 injured starter away from having plenty of depth IMO. We are 4-6 innings short of a weekend right now. In a regional setting, that is actually less of an issue because everyone is going to be dealing with depth issues, but winning game 1 is critical. Always is.

Problem is that missing Whit spills over to Sundays & Tuesdays. Our first 5 arms are as good as anybody we play. Problem is that without Whitaker we lack length and end up throwing our 8/9 guys against other teams' 4's & 5's. That works in my brain at least, might not read very well lol.
PossumJenkins
Alex Gee said:

FLWolf said:

1 injured starter away from having plenty of depth IMO. We are 4-6 innings short of a weekend right now. In a regional setting, that is actually less of an issue because everyone is going to be dealing with depth issues, but winning game 1 is critical. Always is.

Problem is that missing Whit spills over to Sundays & Tuesdays. Our first 5 arms are as good as anybody we play. Problem is that without Whitaker we lack length and end up throwing our 8/9 guys against other teams' 4's & 5's. That works in my brain at least, might not read very well lol.

Agreed. Add Whit's 5-6 innings per series in there and your there. Not to mention…although we obviously haven't nor will we have him…heading into the season add Willadsen in there. But it's still doable. I feel like we went to Omaha with less actually.
matracey
Alex Gee said:

FLWolf said:

Can you imagine a healthy rotation? Weekends I would think would be Highfill/Willadsen/Fritton which would free up Whitaker/Marohn/Consiglio for long relief on the weekends and then whoever you don't use is your midweek starter. Sheesh.

Now like you said everybody gets bumped up two spots and we're in a position where we're starting Lucas for one inning and then going to Miralia in the 2nd inning vs ECU
wilmwolf
PossumJenkins said:

Alex Gee said:

FLWolf said:

Agreed. Add Whit's 5-6 innings per series in there and your there. Not to mention…although we obviously haven't nor will we have him…heading into the season add Willadsen in there. But it's still doable. I feel like we went to Omaha with less actually.
We pretty much pitched 5 guys all the way to Omaha that year. From an arm management standpoint, that was one of the most perfectly executed runs ever.
sharpman1017
Just a heads up, somebody is screenshotting this forum and sending it to an ecu fan. I've seen 2-3 tweets from an ecu account tweeting out screenshots from this board

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.