Systemic, institutionalized, and codified racism and discrimination

53,095 Views | 355 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Civilized
Bas2020
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Funny thing to me about all this after talking to a black friend of mine is how much racial discrimination there goes on in the black community between light and dark skin african americans. Darker skinned blacks are looked down upon by other blacks. Blacks look down on mexicans generally. There is often racism between what essentially is the same minority group. Everybody is a freaking hypocrite. This "utopia" where no black man is gonna be judged walking down the street at 3am or a muslim at an airport, or an angry white teenager on a high school campus..... they are all stereotypes.. that largely exist for a reason. Every human feels these emotions. You think Nancy Pelosi grasps her purse extra tight at midnight if she is on a dark street in New York? Everybody can convince themselves that they are somehow immune to all this but your not. White women judge other white women based on clothes, hair etc. I could go on and on ....
packgrad
At least the brown people here know they have Karen here to protect them.
Civilized
cowboypack02 said:

I'm not responsible for this. There is an old saying about being responsible for yourself. If everyone was responsible for themselves then it would solve 99% of the problem.

That's the problem with your approach. We're all responsible for this. It's called a community. You don't live in a castle that you built with materials that you made with a moat around it that you stay in every day of your life. We're all interconnected and we rely on others.

Do you help raise your neighbor's kids? Check on the sweet older lady two doors down? Pick up your daughter's buddy that fell off her bike and brush her off and tell her she'll be OK? You do it because that's your little community. But we're interconnected in a bigger community and society too. Black American's problems aren't just problems for Black America. They're problems for all of us.

"Oh, that's they're problem" is so myopic. "Their" problems negatively impact them and the rest of us too. Conversely, a rising tide lifts all ships.

None of us do anything without so much help and support along the way. Whites, blacks, Natives, Hispanics, Asians. Self-made men. Drug addicts. CEO's. Real estate developers. Teachers. Police. Nurses. Homeless people. 4.0 students. Engineers. Dropouts.

You can't do **** in this life by yourself, without support and tools at your disposal. You've received support and had tools along the way that helped enable your success, whether you acknowledge it or not. Your access to support and tools in this country - or sometimes more critically, your ability to avoid bad outcomes - depends significantly on your race. To be successful you also have to do your part individually. But nobody does it alone, without help.

Privilege isn't a magician in a white robe and pointy hat waving his magic wand over white people.

We as white people and especially white men have got to stop being so proud that we refuse to admit that we have advantages that other minorities don't have. That doesn't make us spoiled or bad. It does mean it's our job to help put more tools in the toolboxes of Americans that don't look like us. They need to be building a house with the same tools we are; otherwise you're starting to run a race with a huge head start and yelling back over your shoulder that they other runners can catch up if they just try harder.

They need to try hard, but the head start was a big factor in white poeple being ahead.

hereforguerrilla
packgrad said:

At least the brown people here know they have Karen here to protect them.
Your wife is here?
GuerrillaPack
hereforguerrilla said:

GuerrillaPack said:

hereforguerrilla said:

Dear black people on this forum. I'm sorry. I'm sorry you have to hear this BS over and over again. Coming from the same people that say the N word like it's nothing, will hire white people before you in a second, will lose their sh*t if your black son dates their daughter. But they don't see the racism. Of course they don't. You deal with racism and fear for your kids and this pansy is upset about Leftists, "cancel culture," the scary government trying to control him by making him wear a mask. Don't worry Guerrilla, I'll respond to your manifesto on how whites sleep better at night. For all of those on here staying quiet, uncomfortable with this conversation, but claiming to not be racist and "have black friends"--feel free to step in and help while I tackle this piece by piece over the course of the day. And you can even use facts, not spew BS stated like its fact like our poor, oppressed friend here.
Wow, nice first post Mr. Politically Correct user. Welcome to the forum. How brave of you to toe the Establishment line to come here and fight those "ebil Raysists" who dare to oppose the Leftist Establishment agenda. It's not like we ever hear these Leftist, pro-Establishment arguments -- as we are literally bombarded with them 50 times per day via the propaganda in the Leftist "news" media, Hollywood, commercials on television, etc. We needed you here to champion the Establishment Leftist cause.
Dang Guerrilla, are your feathers always so easily ruffled? That must be so oppressive being "literally bombarded" with so much propaganda. I could be bombarded "literally" by Right Wing Anti-Establishment (oh you're right, so much scarier when you initial caps...) propaganda if I turned on Fox News, Drudge, Rush...but I don't. So why don't you just...here's an idea...NOT watch/follow the scary oppressive Leftist media? Oh wait, you kind of like it though don't you? Feeling oppressed when you are so far from it. You do you man.
I'm not ruffled. I'm very calm. You don't see me lashing out at other posters on this forum like a raving lunatic, like many do at me. Have you seen how many other posters seem to lose their minds after reading my posts? So it seems like your comment is some sort of projection of what the typical Leftist snowflake does when they see/hear right-wing viewpoints.

I wouldn't dare claim to be oppressed. We all know that Leftist snowflakes have cornered the market on oppression. Only they can claim to be "oppressed". That's a central tennet of Marxism -- to claim that you are oppressed and that this requires an overthrow/revolution against the status quo.

I don't watch any Leftist "news" media. But even watching reality TV shows, you are bombarded with the Leftist agenda even in all of the commercials. And now we all have to listen to our company presidents and even college coaches all lecture us on how we must adhere to the Leftist agenda (eg, on this George Floyd situation). It's ubiquitous.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
hereforguerrilla
GuerrillaPack said:

hereforguerrilla said:

GuerrillaPack said:

hereforguerrilla said:

Dear black people on this forum. I'm sorry. I'm sorry you have to hear this BS over and over again. Coming from the same people that say the N word like it's nothing, will hire white people before you in a second, will lose their sh*t if your black son dates their daughter. But they don't see the racism. Of course they don't. You deal with racism and fear for your kids and this pansy is upset about Leftists, "cancel culture," the scary government trying to control him by making him wear a mask. Don't worry Guerrilla, I'll respond to your manifesto on how whites sleep better at night. For all of those on here staying quiet, uncomfortable with this conversation, but claiming to not be racist and "have black friends"--feel free to step in and help while I tackle this piece by piece over the course of the day. And you can even use facts, not spew BS stated like its fact like our poor, oppressed friend here.
Wow, nice first post Mr. Politically Correct user. Welcome to the forum. How brave of you to toe the Establishment line to come here and fight those "ebil Raysists" who dare to oppose the Leftist Establishment agenda. It's not like we ever hear these Leftist, pro-Establishment arguments -- as we are literally bombarded with them 50 times per day via the propaganda in the Leftist "news" media, Hollywood, commercials on television, etc. We needed you here to champion the Establishment Leftist cause.
Dang Guerrilla, are your feathers always so easily ruffled? That must be so oppressive being "literally bombarded" with so much propaganda. I could be bombarded "literally" by Right Wing Anti-Establishment (oh you're right, so much scarier when you initial caps...) propaganda if I turned on Fox News, Drudge, Rush...but I don't. So why don't you just...here's an idea...NOT watch/follow the scary oppressive Leftist media? Oh wait, you kind of like it though don't you? Feeling oppressed when you are so far from it. You do you man.
I'm not ruffled. I'm very calm. You don't see me lashing out at other posters on this forum like a raving lunatic, like many do at me. Have you seen how many other posters seem to lose their minds after reading my posts? So it seems like your comment is some sort of projection of what the typical Leftist snowflake does when they see/hear right-wing viewpoints.

I wouldn't dare claim to be oppressed. We all know that Leftist snowflakes have cornered the market on oppression. Only they can claim to be "oppressed". That's a central tennet of Marxism -- to claim that you are oppressed and that this requires an overthrow/revolution against the status quo.

I don't watch any Leftist "news" media. But even watching reality TV shows, you are bombarded with the Leftist agenda even in all of the commercials. And now we all have to listen to our company presidents and even college coaches all lecture us on how we must adhere to the Leftist agenda (eg, on this George Floyd situation). It's ubiquitous.
But you are bombarded 50 times a day with Leftist propaganda--oh now it is just in the commercials of the entertainment you choose to consume. I'm curious, out of those 50 DAILY examples, I'd love to hear just a few examples of Leftist agenda commercials. Bonus points if you can weave in any more of that scary Marxist stuff.
GuerrillaPack
hereforguerrilla said:

But you are bombarded 50 times a day with Leftist propaganda--oh now it is just in the commercials of the entertainment you choose to consume. I'm curious, out of those 50 DAILY examples, I'd love to hear just a few examples of Leftist agenda commercials. Bonus points if you can weave in any more of that scary Marxist stuff.
Well, as one example...while I'm watching "The First 48" on A&E channel, you have the A&E network now airing a special commercial that is a response to the whole George Floyd situation -- lecturing the audience on how they support the Leftist cause on this and are donating money to the NAACP yada yada.

That's just one example. There are many other networks and businesses airing these sorts of propaganda commercials on television, lecturing the audience on how they should support the Leftist cause and "urging a conversation on race", blah blah blah. Don't tell me you haven't seen them.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
statefan91
metcalfmafia said:

But if those things are not currently happening with the GI bill, then can't you say that we've eliminated that issue?

If we can't nail down a current/active policy that is racist, then how can we stop institutional racism that we are told exists?
If they're eliminated now, it doesn't undo the generational impact of not having it for those veterans when they came back and the successive generations that were dependent upon them.

As I said, if my grandfather had not had the GI bill, he would not have gone to college. In that case, he likely would have worked in some form of manufacturing job that would have paid decent wages but not enough to buy the house that he did in the part of town where he did. Then my mom wouldn't have gone to the good HS she did, and better teachers, and be set on the path toward college for herself.

It's clear that these benefits were denied to a majority of the african-american veterans. That means a thousands of families that were not given the same advantages as white veterans. That means thousands of children of veterans that didn't have the benefit of their fathers or mothers earning higher wages or having no debt from college.

If you don't believe the actions of your parents and grandparents have an impact on the lives you live, I don't know where to go from there?
Pacfanweb
hereforguerrilla said:

This isn't rocket science. There aren't riots due to black on black crime because it is considered crime, it will be treated as such by our criminal justice system. Just like white on white crime or any other type of crime. It will be investigated and in most cases someone will go to jail. People are rioting because there is a lack of actual justice in our justice system for cases of police brutality. It really isn't that complicated.
So why aren't whites rioting when police treat one of them poorly? It happens just as often, if not MORE often.

There's the same "lack of justice" in all those instances as there is in some of the ones involving black people.

packgrad
hereforguerrilla said:

I am canceling CPI bc the CEO made clearly racist comments. I canceled Mosquito Joe's for comments that were offensive to me. That's my prerogative. I'm not going to knowingly give my money to companies where the leadership voices opinions that are racist.

Are these the "racist comments" from CPI you are referring to?

"Please spend your time in a more productive way," Gill responded in an email, via Chloe Leshner of WCNC. "A better use of time, would be to focus on the black on black crime and senseless killing of our young men by other young men.""
hereforguerrilla
GuerrillaPack said:

hereforguerrilla said:

Well, as one example...while I'm watching "The First 48" on A&E channel, you have the A&E network now airing a special commercial that is a response to the whole George Floyd situation -- lecturing the audience on how they support the Leftist cause on this and are donating money to the NAACP yada yada.

That's just one example. There are many other networks and businesses airing these sorts of propaganda commercials on television, lecturing the audience on how they should support the Leftist cause and "urging a conversation on race", blah blah blah. Don't tell me you haven't seen them.
The A&E statement saying they stand against racism and for equality? And to support organizations that help ensure positive change. Ah yes, what crazy propaganda. Do you not stand against racism and for equality? Do you not want to ensure a justice system that holds itself to the same standard it is tasked with holding us to? No, propaganda is fear-mongering nonsense like "cancel culture is killing our actual culture" and "they're trying to take our guns" and "the coronavirus is a hoax to control us."
Pacfanweb
Civilized said:

cowboypack02 said:

I'm not responsible for this. There is an old saying about being responsible for yourself. If everyone was responsible for themselves then it would solve 99% of the problem.

We as white people and especially white men have got to stop being so proud that we refuse to admit that we have advantages that other minorities don't have. That doesn't make us spoiled or bad. It does mean it's our job to help put more tools in the toolboxes of Americans that don't look like us. They need to be building a house with the same tools we are; otherwise you're starting to run a race with a huge head start and yelling back over your shoulder that they other runners can catch up if they just try harder.

They need to try hard, but the head start was a big factor in white poeple being ahead.

So let's say the evil white people just up and say "Okay, we have some privilege that nobody can actually point a finger to a specific instance of, but let's just say we agree it exists"

What then? Do white people not accept job offers and suggest they hire a person of color?

Should white kids demand that teachers give kids of color the same grades?

Should whites make sure that their waiters serves tables with people of color first?

What the hell do you want people to do?

I'll tell you what pisses white people off about all this: The overwhelming majority of us do not care what race someone is. We treat everyone the same...."do unto others" and whatnot. We don't consciously or unconsciously practice racism.

Yet EVERYONE gets labeled as such. Just like blacks complain about all of them being looked at differently because such a high percentage of them are involved in criminal activity.
There's no difference.

So what are any of us supposed to do?

All I know to do is to keep on living my life the way I've always done it. Teach my kids to be even better. If each generation does that, it will slowly improve, but there's no way at all to just wave a proverbial magic wand (a.k.a., legislation) that will make any sort of major change instantly.

Does that mean we shouldn't try? No, but any real change will come from the heart and that takes time.

Oh, and you mentioned that "yes, blacks do need to try hard"....yeah, they DO. So when does that part start? They are the ones that can make the most difference in their own outcomes. As I've said and will continue to say, "Education is the key". When they start taking that seriously, the rest of their problems will start to decline, but until they do, there's only so much that is going to change because they will never be on an even footing with whites until they are just as educated.
hereforguerrilla
packgrad said:

hereforguerrilla said:

I am canceling CPI bc the CEO made clearly racist comments. I canceled Mosquito Joe's for comments that were offensive to me. That's my prerogative. I'm not going to knowingly give my money to companies where the leadership voices opinions that are racist.

"Please spend your time in a more productive way," Gill responded in an email, via Chloe Leshner of WCNC. "A better use of time, would be to focus on the black on black crime and senseless killing of our young men by other young men.""
Yes. Because minimizing the issue of police brutality by saying "but black on black crime" is stupid and racist. It's every racists favorite deflection and it is racist bc you seem to be suggesting black people deserve this bc black people also kill black people.
cowboypack02
Civilized said:

cowboypack02 said:

That's the problem with your approach. We're all responsible for this. It's called a community. You don't live in a castle that you built with materials that you made with a moat around it that you stay in every day of your life. We're all interconnected and we rely on others.

Do you help raise your neighbor's kids? Check on the sweet older lady two doors down? Pick up your daughter's buddy that fell off her bike and brush her off and tell her she'll be OK? You do it because that's your little community. But we're interconnected in a bigger community and society too. Black American's problems aren't just problems for Black America. They're problems for all of us.

"Oh, that's they're problem" is so myopic. "Their" problems negatively impact them and the rest of us too. Conversely, a rising tide lifts all ships.

None of us do anything without so much help and support along the way. Whites, blacks, Natives, Hispanics, Asians. Self-made men. Drug addicts. CEO's. Real estate developers. Teachers. Police. Nurses. Homeless people. 4.0 students. Engineers. Dropouts.

You can't do **** in this life by yourself, without support and tools at your disposal. You've received support and had tools along the way that helped enable your success, whether you acknowledge it or not. Your access to support and tools in this country - or sometimes more critically, your ability to avoid bad outcomes - depends significantly on your race. To be successful you also have to do your part individually. But nobody does it alone, without help.

Privilege isn't a magician in a white robe and pointy hat waving his magic wand over white people.

Let me see if i can get this straight.....If there are problems in the black community and i don't help fix them that its somehow my fault?

So I need to fix the 73% of black kids that come from single parent households.....I need to make sure that the 31% of black kids stay in school who would otherwise drop out.....i need to follow a subsection of society around and make sure that they don't commit 52% of the murders in this country because they can't do it themselves?

You know who could fix that....the black community. Those fathers of the 73% could take responsibility as say...i'm going to support my child and make sure that they stay on the right path. The mother and father of that child can say....i'm going to make sure that my child graduates from high school instead of failing and never being able to have a minimum wage job.

I can't fix that....i can't....i cant force a father to stay in a home...only he can. I can't force a child to finish school...only the child can. You can't fix it either. If those people decided to take personal responsibility for their choices and decide to create a better world for themselves things would get better. You can't make that happen.

Rising tides do sink ships...but do you know what else will sink a ship...folks on that ship not doing everything they can to keep it from sinking.

You keep talking about advantages and a head start.....i'm white....where were my advantages at? How come my while privilege didn't kick in and help me out? I didn't get those. I started in the dirt just like like other folks....well...obviously not all of us had to start like that, but if more people did it may solve a few things. You keep saying that I had to have some type of advantage but you cant tell me where it is? Where is my advantage at that you keep insisting that must exist?

Black Americans aren't a bunch of children that need to be babied because of something that happened hundreds of years ago. There comes a point in time where everyone has to take responsibility for their own actions and how they are living their life. To treat them any different is quite literally the meaning of racism and i won't do that.
statefan91
Pacfanweb said:

hereforguerrilla said:

This isn't rocket science. There aren't riots due to black on black crime because it is considered crime, it will be treated as such by our criminal justice system. Just like white on white crime or any other type of crime. It will be investigated and in most cases someone will go to jail. People are rioting because there is a lack of actual justice in our justice system for cases of police brutality. It really isn't that complicated.
So why aren't whites rioting when police treat one of them poorly? It happens just as often, if not MORE often.

There's the same "lack of justice" in all those instances as there is in some of the ones involving black people.

Maybe they should be? Police brutality shouldn't be something accepted, no matter the color of your skin.
GuerrillaPack
hereforguerrilla said:

packgrad said:

hereforguerrilla said:

Yes. Because minimizing the issue of police brutality by saying "but black on black crime" is stupid and racist. It's every racists favorite deflection and it is racist bc you seem to be suggesting black people deserve this bc black people also kill black people.
This is the problem with so many on the Left. It's "Rayciss!!" this and "Raysiss!!" that. Do you even hear yourself when you're squealing these accusations? If you had a face-to-face conversation with that CEO of CPI Security, would you call him a "rayciss" to his face?

That CEO is not a bad guy. He doesn't "hate black people". He just has a different view about all this than those on the hard Left do. That's all.

Not everyone who disagrees with you is an "evil rayciss".
packgrad
hereforguerrilla said:

packgrad said:

hereforguerrilla said:

No, it's not racist. It's an opinion you disagree with, and can't emotionally handle, so you call it racist. It's remarkable how you can lecture guerilla about propaganda when you say " No, propaganda is fear-mongering nonsense like "cancel culture is killing our actual culture" and "they're trying to take our guns" and "the coronavirus is a hoax to control us." when you spew propaganda that a statement that you disagree with is racist when nothing AT ALL about the statement is racist. When you have to say "you seem to be saying" you're making it about what you think was said as opposed to what was said.
hereforguerrilla
Pacfanweb said:

hereforguerrilla said:

If videos start surfacing of police officers casually suffocating white men, women or children to death and the officers are not punished as they should be in accordance with the weight of the crime...you know, murder...then I'll be there protesting with you. Do you actually think this is happening to the white George Floyds but people just keep on strolling by instead of recording because...eh, it's a white guy?
RunsWithWolves26
Well this thread has not disappointed at all. The back and forth, finger pointing, you're terrible, no you're terrible post are very entertaining. I didn't think it could get any weirder but now we have GO going against HFGP and lord knows this threads a kir to take off. Carry on ladies and gentleman. Carry on.
cowboypack02
hereforguerrilla said:

packgrad said:

hereforguerrilla said:

In regards to not having a conversation about black on black crime, i would like throw out a few quotes that no one seems to have any issue with over the last 10 years:

Rahm Emanuel, Mayor, City of Chicago: "The issue of gun violence is not limited to Chicago It's an urban problem." The urban violence, Emanuel said, "gets put in a different value system. These are our kids, these are our children, and the worst thing for us to do in my opinion would be to say, 'Let's not discuss this.' We need to make sure that once a crime is committed, we don't allow them back on the street to become perpetrators or victims. ... A piece of this is the culture Part of this is having an honest conversation, given the lion's share of the victims and the perpetrators are young African-American men."

Michael Bloomberg, former Mayor, City of New York: "Ninety percent of all people killed in our city and 90 percent of all those who commit the murders and other violent crimes are black and Hispanic. It is shameful that so many elected officials and editorial writers have been largely silent on these facts Instead, they have argued that police stops are discriminatory because they do not reflect the city's overall census numbers. By that flawed logic, our police officers would stop women as often as men, and senior citizens as often as young people To do so would be a colossal misdirection of resources and would take the core elements of police work targeting high-crime neighborhoods and identifying suspects based on evidence out of crimefighting . The absurd result of such a strategy would be far more crimes committed against black and Latino New Yorkers. When it comes to policing, political correctness is deadly."

Ray Kelly, former Commissioner, New York Police Department: "The stark reality is that crime happens in communities of color About 70% to 75% of the people described as committing violent crimes assault, robbery, shootings, grand larceny are described as being African-American." "The percentage of people who are stopped is 53% AfricanAmerican So really, African-Americans are being under stopped in relation to the percentage of people being described as being the perpetrators of violent crime."

I've got more but figured that this would get the point across...
GuerrillaPack
And how can anyone deny that the Left/Democrats are banning guns and DO want to confiscate firearms? They have ALREADY banned whole classes of firearms (eg, handguns, semi-automatic rifles) in the cities and states where Democrats have control.

Talk about being intellectually dishonest, and not showing good faith in an argument. Or if you really believe that the Democrats are "not coming for our guns", you need to wake up and get a reality check.
hereforguerrilla
Why in the world do you keep writing "rayciss"? Are you OK?
statefan91
I feel like there are probably a lot of conversations going on about black on black crime. Hopefully a lot going on about white on white crime. Hopefully even more on crime in general.

Why does it matter to you that these specific people have decided this is a cause they want to fight for? That doesn't mean those other things aren't also important. If you feel strongly about them, I hope you find an avenue to help support those conversations!
hereforguerrilla
GuerrillaPack said:

And how can anyone deny that the Left/Democrats are banning guns and DO want to confiscate firearms? They have ALREADY banned whole classes of firearms (eg, handguns, semi-automatic rifles) in the cities and states where Democrats have control.

Talk about being intellectually dishonest, and not showing good faith in an argument. Or if you really believe that the Democrats are "not coming for our guns", you need to wake up and get a reality check.
Guerrilla, please do tell me the cities and states where handguns are banned--I guess you're suggesting every city and state where Democrats have control so I look forward to that long list. I fully support gun ownership. I just also believe in the importance of background checks when purchasing a deadly weapon.
GuerrillaPack
hereforguerrilla said:

Why in the world do you keep writing "rayciss"? Are you OK?
The fact that you would deny something SO INCREDIBLY OBVIOUS and CLEAR as the fact that the Left/Democrats are "coming for our guns"....that makes me think that maybe, just maybe you are also being intellectually dishonest or outright wrong about many other things -- including the "Covid-19" hoax.

To deny that they are coming after our guns -- demonstrates either you are a bald-faced liar, or that your judgment is extremely bad and you are incredibly blind and not capable of seeing reality.

GuerrillaPack
hereforguerrilla said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Guerrilla, please do tell me the cities and states where handguns are banned--I guess you're suggesting every city and state where Democrats have control so I look forward to that long list. I fully support gun ownership. I just also believe in the importance of background checks when purchasing a deadly weapon.
I didn't say EVERY state or city where communist DemonRats had control that they had banned handguns or semi-automatic rifles. But many of them have. Don't try to deny that too. You're digging that hole for yourself even deeper, showing yourself to be even more intellectually dishonest.
hereforguerrilla
cowboypack02 said:

hereforguerrilla said:

packgrad said:

hereforguerrilla said:

In regards to not having a conversation about black on black crime, i would like throw out a few quotes that no one seems to have any issue with over the last 10 years:

Rahm Emanuel, Mayor, City of Chicago: "The issue of gun violence is not limited to Chicago It's an urban problem." The urban violence, Emanuel said, "gets put in a different value system. These are our kids, these are our children, and the worst thing for us to do in my opinion would be to say, 'Let's not discuss this.' We need to make sure that once a crime is committed, we don't allow them back on the street to become perpetrators or victims. ... A piece of this is the culture Part of this is having an honest conversation, given the lion's share of the victims and the perpetrators are young African-American men."

Michael Bloomberg, former Mayor, City of New York: "Ninety percent of all people killed in our city and 90 percent of all those who commit the murders and other violent crimes are black and Hispanic. It is shameful that so many elected officials and editorial writers have been largely silent on these facts Instead, they have argued that police stops are discriminatory because they do not reflect the city's overall census numbers. By that flawed logic, our police officers would stop women as often as men, and senior citizens as often as young people To do so would be a colossal misdirection of resources and would take the core elements of police work targeting high-crime neighborhoods and identifying suspects based on evidence out of crimefighting . The absurd result of such a strategy would be far more crimes committed against black and Latino New Yorkers. When it comes to policing, political correctness is deadly."

Ray Kelly, former Commissioner, New York Police Department: "The stark reality is that crime happens in communities of color About 70% to 75% of the people described as committing violent crimes assault, robbery, shootings, grand larceny are described as being African-American." "The percentage of people who are stopped is 53% AfricanAmerican So really, African-Americans are being under stopped in relation to the percentage of people being described as being the perpetrators of violent crime."

I've got more but figured that this would get the point across...

The point is not that black on black crime isn't an issue. Or white on white crime isn't an issue. Or poverty isn't an issue. The point is to stop deflecting when people try to raise the point about police brutality and a lack of justice and accountability. You don't want to address this particular problem so you're bringing up another problem and by bringing up black on black crime and your stats above you are suggesting black people deserve injustice at the hands of police.
GuerrillaPack
hereforguerrilla said:

The point is not that black on black crime isn't an issue. Or white on white crime isn't an issue. Or poverty isn't an issue. The point is to stop deflecting when people try to raise the point about police brutality and a lack of justice and accountability. You don't want to address this particular problem so you're bringing up another problem and by bringing up black on black crime and your stats above you are suggesting black people deserve injustice at the hands of police.
Let's talk about the fact that the police kill more white people than black people. Yes, let's talk about police brutality.
packgrad
So, deflecting is racist?
Civilized
Pacfanweb said:

Because there is a long and distinguished history of black people in this country being mistreated because they are black. There is no such similar history with white people.

Why do blacks get pulled by cops at 2x the rate of whites, nationwide, and searched at 4x the rate of whites?

In a sample of 20 million traffic stops, that's the data.

If that's not racial bias in policing, what is? Come up with another plausible explanation.

And when you acknowledge that it is racial bias (because there's no other explanation), go further and ask yourself whether that singling-out of black people by cops doesn't happen in other aspects of policing?

If it happens in traffic stops, why wouldn't it happen when deciding to use force?
hereforguerrilla
GuerrillaPack said:

hereforguerrilla said:

GuerrillaPack said:

I didn't say EVERY state or city where communist DemonRats had control that they had banned handguns or semi-automatic rifles. But many of them have. Don't try to deny that too. You're digging that hole for yourself even deeper, showing yourself to be even more intellectually dishonest.
If I say "Republicans have already banned decency in the cities and states where they have control" doesn't that mean they have banned it in every city and state where they have control? But OK, apparently your sweeping statement was meant for just a handful of cities and states. Please, still waiting...dying to know which state has banned handguns.
packgrad
Some of you could benefit from doing a ride along with a police officer. The ignorance about how they do their jobs is astounding.
metcalfmafia
statefan91 said:

metcalfmafia said:

But if those things are not currently happening with the GI bill, then can't you say that we've eliminated that issue?

If we can't nail down a current/active policy that is racist, then how can we stop institutional racism that we are told exists?
If they're eliminated now, it doesn't undo the generational impact of not having it for those veterans when they came back and the successive generations that were dependent upon them.

As I said, if my grandfather had not had the GI bill, he would not have gone to college. In that case, he likely would have worked in some form of manufacturing job that would have paid decent wages but not enough to buy the house that he did in the part of town where he did. Then my mom wouldn't have gone to the good HS she did, and better teachers, and be set on the path toward college for herself.

It's clear that these benefits were denied to a majority of the african-american veterans. That means a thousands of families that were not given the same advantages as white veterans. That means thousands of children of veterans that didn't have the benefit of their fathers or mothers earning higher wages or having no debt from college.

If you don't believe the actions of your parents and grandparents have an impact on the lives you live, I don't know where to go from there?
So how do you suggest that we cease systemic racism other than eliminating bad practices and laws of our government?

At what point are children not defined by the actions of their families? At what point is personal responsibility and choices no longer valid? How far down the family tree from the person being wronged.

That's the issue I have.

GuerrillaPack
hereforguerrilla said:

GuerrillaPack said:

hereforguerrilla said:

GuerrillaPack said:

If I say "Republicans have already banned decency in the cities and states where they have control" doesn't that mean they have banned it in every city and state where they have control? But OK, apparently your sweeping statement was meant for just a handful of cities and states. Please, still waiting...dying to know which state has banned handguns.
Do you want to know which cities have banned handguns, and which states have banned semi-automatic rifles (classified as "assault weapons")? Look it up for yourself.

Do you really think that your little semantic games are a compelling argument?

Do you really think we buy your BS argument that the Democrats are "not" coming for our guns?

LMFAO
Civilized
GuerrillaPack said:

This is the problem with so many on the Left. It's "Rayciss!!" this and "Raysiss!!" that. Do you even hear yourself when you're squealing these accusations? If you had a face-to-face conversation with that CEO of CPI Security, would you call him a "rayciss" to his face?

That CEO is not a bad guy. He doesn't "hate black people". He just has a different view about all this than those on the hard Left do. That's all.

Not everyone who disagrees with you is an "evil rayciss".

I don't make a habit of meeting people and immediately calling them racist because it's not tactful and would be completely unproductive. And because I'm an adult and stopped calling people names when I was a kid.

His words were disrespectful, hurtful, and counter-productive. His views are privileged and myopic. And he did himself no favors by speaking out in the manner he did. Would I tell him all that if we were having a conversation about the issue? No doubt.

So many white people think you're good on topics regarding race, as long as you don't hate black people, or you have a couple of black friends. That's a realllllly low bar.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.