Systemic, institutionalized, and codified racism and discrimination

52,629 Views | 355 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Civilized
GuerrillaPack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So I see Twitter, YouTube, and various companies are now again requesting that we "have a conversation about race". And all college coaches in America apparently are being forced to weigh in on this, and support a particular agenda. Ok, well let's do that. Let's have a conversation. But if we're going to do it, then we need to have a REAL conversation about it. Not one that only fits the Leftist agenda, and won't allow a genuine discussion in which all views/arguments can be presented.

There is only one systemic, institutionalized, and even codified by law system of racial discrimination in the United States. It's called "affirmative action" -- whereby it is mandated by law to discriminate against (primarily) people of white/European and asian ethnicity in education (admission to universities), hiring/employment, awarding of contracts to companies, etc....and to discriminate in favor of and aid other ethnic groups such as African-Americans and hispanics.

You want to talk about "privilege" based on race? It's not white privilege. How about having an institutionalized/codified system of laws that discriminate in your favor -- giving you an advantage in scholarships and admission to universities, hiring and employment, etc. What racial groups really and truly have racial privilege at these universities? Which racial groups are given preferential treatment in scholarship and admissions? Which racial groups have dozens of organizations on campus which openly promote the collective interests of their racial groups? Then, in contrast, which racial groups are discriminated against by law? There are now even entire courses being taught (eg, "white privilege" courses) which openly villify whites/Europeans as a race -- blaming them for virtually all of the world's injustices and providing "justification" for continued discrimination against them.

And, of course, I hear the arguments now saying that affirmative action is "justified" because it supposedly is "rectifying past discrimination" or "promoting equality". Well, two wrongs don't make a right. If racial discrimination against black Americans was wrong, you don't "fix" the problem by now discriminating against white/European Americans. And "equality" is not a valid excuse. Some racial groups, by "nature" or genetics, just happen to have various skills that they excel at disproportionately better than other groups. Look at the NBA, for example. Black Americans are apparently disproportionately better at basketball than whites. Do we then need "affirmative action" for whites in basketball so that we can achieve "equality" and have whites make up around 65% of players in the NBA and blacks only 13%, in order to more closely align with the racial make-up of the general population?

And if you want to look at the issue of interracial violence and crime in the overall population, you are also going to find that the statistics do not support the Leftist agenda. The statistics actually demonstrate that white/European Americans are the disproportionate victims of violent crime (robberies, rapes, murders, etc) from other racial groups --- and NOT the perpetrators of violent crime against other racial groups. Blacks commit violent crimes (rapes, robberies, murder) against whites at a rate 10+ times that of the reverse situation.

Now, if you just want to focus in on the issue of violence against black Americans by police departments...

Number one, I don't think you will find that black Americans are, across-the-country, facing some kind of coordinated injustice from the police. May there be a few police departments in the nation where this is the case? Sure, maybe a few. But it's not a nationwide problem. Actually, more white Americans are killed by police than black Americans. And the number of black Americans killed by police as a percentage of all racial groups killed by police may be higher than the percentage of blacks in the general population, but it closely aligns with the percentage of blacks convicted of serious crimes -- meaning that there is no disproportionate killing of black Americans by police.

Number two, unjustified deaths by police (including victims ALL racial groups) is just not that big of an issue. It is a relatively rare occurrence. I don't have the stats in front of me, but how many black Americans in the entire United States die in an unjustified homicide from a police officer in an entire year? Maybe 25-50? Then compare that to how many African Americans are murdered per year by other African Americans -- probably around 7,000. Around 97-98% of black Americans being murdered are being killed by other African Americans. And probably only ~0.5% of black Americans being murdered are killed by a police officer. So what is the biggest problem?
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
RunsWithWolves26
If I wasn't out in a month, I would lock this. Instead, I'm gonna watch what happens here. Ain't going to delete a single post in it and will watch to see just how crazy this thing gets. Get the popcorn and get ready.
cowboypack02
RunsWithWolves26 said:

If I wasn't out in a month, I would lock this. Instead, I'm gonna watch what happens here. Ain't going to delete a single post in it and will watch to see just how crazy this thing gets. Get the popcorn and get ready.

Where are you going?
PackDaddy
He's expecting the Rona or race war to get him I suspect
caryking
I am confident we have people in this forum that doesn't like/care for threads created by GuerrillaPack. I, for one, think his tact is a little off-putting; however, I would really appreciate if someone would challenge his facts, with facts, and not opinions.

The constitution is "VERY" clear on its meaning for laws. We have this thing called the "General Welfare" clause. The "General Welfare" clause is "NOT" a defined power in the Constitution; rather, a limit of power on the following enumerated powers within the constitution.

The idea was: laws would not be passed favoring one State, Group, People, etc. So, the very fact we have Affirmative Actions laws appears to be Unconstitutional based on the General Welfare clause.

Try and challenge GuerrillaPack the way I supported him.
GuerrillaPack
RunsWithWolves26 said:

And what legitimate reason could there be to lock the thread? I've broken no board rules with this thread, or any other that I've started.

None of what I'm saying below is directed at you RWW in particular...

...but there is this huge agenda (on all Big social media sites, and in society at large) to censor all opinions that do not align with the "Establishment" (government, Leftist Big Media, etc) view on any important subject. This is what communist/Leftist "political correctness" is -- the drive to censor all opinions on major/important subjects that do not align with the Leftist/Establishment narrative and agenda.

Needless to say, this is the anti-thesis of freedom of speech. This is is outright censorship in order to ram a particular agenda down our throats, and silence all opposition. If we can't disagree with the Establishment and Leftist narrative, what is the point of even having forums? So we can just be good little lemmings and just parrot back what the Establishment tells us to believe?

Some people think that it is acceptable to censor viewpoints that they consider to be "extreme", "fringe", or "offensive". Or what they label as "hateful", "extremely wrong", or "dangerous". Or whatever reason they come up with. But all of those justifications for censorship are subjective, and in the opinion of each person. And who gets to decide what is "wrong" or "extreme" and gets to be censored? To a person on the right-wing, all of the opinions of Leftists are also "wrong", "extreme", "hateful", "dangerous", and "offensive".

No matter WHAT your view is on any subject out there (Left, Right, in the middle or any where in between)....there are other people who will find that particular viewpoint to be "wrong", "extreme", "offensive", "hateful", or "dangerous". So...in theory, if there is such a policy to censor all views that are "wrong", "extreme", "offensive", "hateful" (etc), then what would ultimately result is the censorship of ALL views.

But, of course, that's not how it works. Political correctness is crafted and pushed in order to censor only views on one side of the argument. When you boil it all down...the modern push for censorship is being orchestrated by the Left/Establishment, and is designed to silence right-wing and anti-Establishment views.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
Gopack80
There is not one singular topic more polarizing than race discussion. Not one. Anything...ANYTHING...perceived as even having a hint of racism is going to be magnified x1000, especially in today's climate. It has always been around and will always be around.

You have one side who feels oppressed/overburdened/threatened, etc. Doesn't matter if that's in fact the case. The narrative is driven and sensationalized by the media, and public opinion is going to sway how things typically go.

The narrative, which has been around since the 50's/60's, is that police departments nationwide overwhelmingly target African Americans and the justice system is highly skewed and unfairly stacks the deck against POC.

I would argue that the former may have been true at one time, and still may be in some locations...but that may or may not be necessarily justified (based on the crime statistics).

The latter could be true, but I have yet to see hard evidence or statistics that back it up.

I personally think most of our problems don't boil down to race, but economic and class status. That is where most are missing the mark in this discussion.

What doesn't get discussed, but should be discussed, is the culture (can be both both white and black) which fosters and nurtures the lifestyles which ultimately lead to poor decision making, poverty, criminal activity, acts of desperation, and just down-right evil. How do you fix that? Especially when you can't even talk about it.
James Henderson
Staff
Gopack80 said:

There is not one singular topic more polarizing than race discussion. Not one. Anything...ANYTHING...perceived as even having a hint of racism is going to be magnified x1000, especially in today's climate. It has always been around and will always be around.

You have one side who feels oppressed/overburdened/threatened, etc. Doesn't matter if that's in fact the case. The narrative is driven and sensationalized by the media, and public opinion is going to sway how things typically go.

The narrative, which has been around since the 50's/60's, is that police departments nationwide overwhelmingly target African Americans and the justice system is highly skewed and unfairly stacks the deck against POC.

I would argue that the former may have been true at one time, and still may be in some locations...but that may or may not be necessarily justified (based on the crime statistics).

The latter could be true, but I have yet to see hard evidence or statistics that back it up.

I personally think most of our problems don't boil down to race, but economic and class status. That is where most are missing the mark in this discussion.

What doesn't get discussed, but should be discussed, is the culture (can be both both white and black) which fosters and nurtures the lifestyles which ultimately lead to poor decision making, poverty, criminal activity, acts of desperation, and just down-right evil. How do you fix that? Especially when you can't even talk about it.
Well what bothers me is race discussion often boils down to black or white, which it's not.

You have Native Americans, Asians, Hispanics, etc... who also deal with racial issues in this country, but it's often Black or White.

Imagine being told your tribe/heritage isn't legitimate by the federal government. That's what my people have to deal with. That should be an issue folks fight for too, but it's not.
ncsualum05
Gopack80 said:

You are wise.

You'll never hear our politicians or leaders talk about this... ever. Because a lot of that topic would revolve around morality and Christian values which often go hand in hand. Big no no to discuss now. Society continues to become more secular, less moral and more accepting of certain immoral behavior. Not enough emphasis on the family unit. And it is absolutely a class issue. People like you see it but like you said there seems to be no way to fix it or talk about it. Leaders would rather stoke division and call everything racist so they can get votes.
Wolfn
There is going to be very little debate going forward for a while. With the rise of the "cancel culture " it is political/career/social suicide to voice any "politically incorrect " positions at this time. I suspect a huge growth in what was once called the "silent majority". Thankfully the voting booth remains a place where you can freely express yourself. I hope everyone participates .
Otis4411
James Henderson said:

Gopack80 said:

Well what bothers me is race discussion often boils down to black or white, which it's not.

You have Native Americans, Asians, Hispanics, etc... who also deal with racial issues in this country, but it's often Black or White.

Imagine being told your tribe/heritage isn't legitimate by the federal government. That's what my people have to deal with. That should be an issue folks fight for too, but it's not.

James what is your native ancestry if you don't mind me asking? I think my DNA test showed 2% which is small but I have no idea what tribe it would be. I started working in tobacco for my Grandfather when I was 6 yrs old. I drove a farmall super A ( I own it now) and coukd not reach the pedals. He hooked a spring from the belly lift to the clutch and that is how I drove it. I got paid 15.00 a week. My parents put my money up and when it was time to start school I bought most all of my school clothes with my own money. We got up before the chickens and took out a barn so we woukd be able to put in a barn. I have always worked and enjoy working. I'm a lineman with a co-op in the east. I work hard for a living. I'm 61 now. I do not understand the term white privilege. I have worked for everything I have ever had including my first car and the clothes I wore to school in the 1st grade. I have many good friends that are black. Nobody is going to do or say anything to me that could change that. I would stand with them if somebody was to bother them. But I will not apologize for being who I am. I will not dishonor the flag of our country or the Anthem. Sports that allow that I choose not to watch. I'm about down to college and high school sports now. I'll quit them too if it comes to it. Just give me more time for family and other hobbies.
James Henderson
Staff
Otis4411 said:

James Henderson said:

Gopack80 said:

James what is your native ancestry if you don't mind me asking? I think my DNA test showed 2% which is small but I have no idea what tribe it would be. I started working in tobacco for my Grandfather when I was 6 yrs old. I drove a farmall super A ( I own it now) and coukd not reach the pedals. He hooked a spring from the belly lift to the clutch and that is how I drove it. I got paid 15.00 a week. My parents put my money up and when it was time to start school I bought most all of my school clothes with my own money. We got up before the chickens and took out a barn so we woukd be able to put in a barn. I have always worked and enjoy working. I'm a lineman with a co-op in the east. I work hard for a living. I'm 61 now. I do not understand the term white privilege. I have worked for everything I have ever had including my first car and the clothes I wore to school in the 1st grade. I have many good friends that are black. Nobody is going to do or say anything to me that could change that. I would stand with them if somebody was to bother them. But I will not apologize for being who I am. I will not dishonor the flag of our country or the Anthem. Sports that allow that I choose not to watch. I'm about down to college and high school sports now. I'll quit them too if it comes to it. Just give me more time for family and other hobbies.
Lumbee Indian. Read here for more info on our background/heritage: https://www.lumbeetribe.com/history--culture

We've been fighting for years to be federally recognized which would bring additional benefits that have been afforded to other tribes but it hasn't happened yet.

I don't want to be too vocal to take away from everything that's going on now with BLM, but I know a lot of my relatives are asking where is the same support for Native Americans across this country.
cowboypack02
James Henderson said:

Otis4411 said:

James Henderson said:

Gopack80 said:

Lumbee Indian. Read here for more info on our background/heritage: https://www.lumbeetribe.com/history--culture

We've been fighting for years to be federally recognized which would bring additional benefits that have been afforded to other tribes but it hasn't happened yet.

I don't want to be too vocal to take away from everything that's going on now with BLM, but I know a lot of my relatives are asking where is the same support for Native Americans across this country.
James i hate to be the guy to say it but my guess is that you don't see the same support for Native Americans across the country because of one of two reasons - 1. You aren't a big enough block for politicians to care about, or 2. People who you would normally thing would be fighting for you think that your block of people would vote the "wrong" way
Otis4411
James Henderson said:

Otis4411 said:

James Henderson said:

Gopack80 said:

I have some friends here in Vanceboro that are from the Lumbee tribe. Their last name is Locklear. Good people. Don't give up trying. This was your country first.
RunsWithWolves26
Mine were killed, had their land taken and shipped off to Oklahoma. But hey, the Cherokee don't seem to matter much to politicians or anyone else outside of those who have their heritage in the Cherokee.
Packchem91
cowboypack02 said:

James Henderson said:

Otis4411 said:

James Henderson said:

Gopack80 said:

James i hate to be the guy to say it but my guess is that you don't see the same support for Native Americans across the country because of one of two reasons - 1. You aren't a big enough block for politicians to care about, or 2. People who you would normally thing would be fighting for you think that your block of people would vote the "wrong" way
Well, or just not enough powerful voices -- politicians, entertainers, athletes --- that can put their weight behind a movement.
Or not enough white journalists who either really believe we should treat ALL people the same, or know that writing about it won't be enough of a virtue signal to make them cool on twitter.

Native Americans have every right to be just as angry. But lack the volume and voice. Visit a reservation in AZ, OK, or the Dakotas, etc...and see the depression levels there and wonder why that doesn't get a bigger reaction.
DrummerboyWolf
Packchem91 said:

cowboypack02 said:

James Henderson said:

Otis4411 said:

James Henderson said:

Gopack80 said:

Well, or just not enough powerful voices -- politicians, entertainers, athletes --- that can put their weight behind a movement.
Or not enough white journalists who either really believe we should treat ALL people the same, or know that writing about it won't be enough of a virtue signal to make them cool on twitter.

Native Americans have every right to be just as angry. But lack the volume and voice. Visit a reservation in AZ, OK, or the Dakotas, etc...and see the depression levels there and wonder why that doesn't get a bigger reaction.
The same reason that it doesn't get a bigger reaction is because it does not fit the narrative. Every weekend in Chicago there are 30 to 70 shootings. Mostly Black on Black crime and nobody wants to clean it up. The former President was from Chicago and did nothing to stop the violence. The main stream media may give a numbers report rarely, but that is all you hear about it. Reverends Sharpton and Jackson are no where to be found. Where are all the protests about all those deaths?
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
statefan91
You seem passionate about the subject of the death rate in inner city Chicago, you should look into organizing some protests for it
Pacfanweb
I think of a lot of the frustration that white people have about this is pretty simple:
Even though the police killing black people is a extremely small fraction of a percentage of black deaths, they are always up in arms about that.
They expect the police to be perfect, but at the same time they are not demanding the same thing of their own.

All their problems would slowly go away over the years if they would simply take education more seriously. Education would lead to better outcomes in their adult lives, and less people turning to crime and therefore less contact with the police.

And once they stop committing such a high percentage of the crime and having most of the 911 calls that police get come from their neighborhoods... I can guarantee you an amazing thing would happen: the police would gradually stop looking for them, too.

The point is, when your house is such disarray, it helps if you have a little bit of room to talk when you are complaining about the way others do.
GuerrillaPack
statefan91 said:

You seem passionate about the subject of the death rate in inner city Chicago, you should look into organizing some protests for it
Why doesn't the Leftist Establishment media care? Aren't they a bunch of "bleeding heart liberals" who "care about the children so much"?? Why do they only hype and sensationalize a small subset of shootings in order to promote their communist/leftist agenda? -- ie, to 1) to push for gun bans or 2) inflame racial tensions in order to promote a leftist political/social agenda.

statefan91
I am not sure the answers to your questions. However, I think you should go protest for the things you are passionate about. Please let us know when you begin!
GuerrillaPack
statefan91 said:

I am not sure the answers to your questions. However, I think you should go protest for the things you are passionate about. Please let us know when you begin!
Been doing it. The most effective form of "protest" (in order to influence and persuade others) is to exercise your God-given right to freedom of speech. But that is becoming more and more difficult to do when you have far-Left ideologues controlling almost all of the major mediums of communication in our society (ie, Big Tech companies, universities, Establishment media), and they are intent on suppressing and censoring any voices that do not bow down to their agenda.

Getting out on the street with signs is a far less effective form of protest/campaign. Unless your goal is to riot and cause people to hate you -- then I guess the form of "protests"/rioting going on right now can be "effective".
statefan91
It seems like many of the protests have been successful actually.
GuerrillaPack
statefan91 said:

It seems like many of the protests have been successful actually.
How so?

Sure, they've been "successful" in committing thousands of criminal acts -- such as tearing down a few statues, busting out windows, looting stores, and burning down buildings. But is that the kind of "success" you want? What is that actually accomplishing -- in terms of getting people to be sympathetic to your cause?

I guess they've also been "successful" in causing a bunch of cowardly people to become intimidated and to genuflect and bow to their demands. But have they really and truly caused those people to have a change of mind, where they genuinely are agreeing with and sympathetic to the demands of the BLM/Antifa crowd? Or are these riots actually having the reverse effect -- and causing millions of people to see the far Left for what they truly are....an unsavory, immoral, obnoxious, and criminal band of degenerates.
Civilized
James Henderson said:

Over 90% of Natives were killed by viruses alone. Staggering loss of human life, and then most that survived viruses and guns were rounded up and put on reservations.

Between slavery and the colossal loss and displacement and political disenfranchisement of Natives, European colonialism's history from a human rights/human toll standpoint is almost indescribably horrific.

You're exactly right obviously that Native Americans' history and present challenges are grossly underrepresented historically and politically.
DrummerboyWolf
statefan91 said:

Why should I care? The local and state politicians don't care. The media doesn't care. Not my fight or my jurisdiction. I don't like the double standard. If all Black Lives Matter, then why doesn't somebody do something about the problems in Chicago? And the answer is it doesn't fit the narrative.
statefan91
DrummerboyWolf said:

statefan91 said:

Why should I care? The local and state politicians don't care. The media doesn't care. Not my fight or my jurisdiction. I don't like the double standard. If all Black Lives Matter, then why doesn't somebody do something about the problems in Chicago? And the answer is it doesn't fit the narrative.

It seems weird that you say people should be concerned about something, and then you aren't concerned enough to protest for it. If that's the case, why do you also care about what the BLM protesters are doing? Sounds like you can't make up your mind my friend. Lots of "not my problem" but also judging of those who have found something they do have passion to protest about.
Francis
Gopack80 said:

It's incredible these days if you do not agree with someone's opinion or thinking, you can be called or labeled a racist. I really believe most people don't know the true meaning of the word "racist ". Media members have injected their meaning so they can call anyone that want to, a racist.
Francis
James Henderson said:

Otis4411 said:

James Henderson said:

Gopack80 said:

James, there's definitely a lot of money and benefits flowing to parts of Robeson County. Just drive down Hwy 211 from Red Springs to Lumberton and you'll see some really nice, large, and newly constructed homes. Same with Pembroke. Not saying all of this is federal funds, but some people are living very well. For some reason I thought when Elizabeth Dole was in the senate, she sponsored a bill that fully recognize the Lumbee Tribe and got passed and signed into law?
Francis
Pacfanweb said:

I think of a lot of the frustration that white people have about this is pretty simple:
Even though the police killing black people is a extremely small fraction of a percentage of black deaths, they are always up in arms about that.
They expect the police to be perfect, but at the same time they are not demanding the same thing of their own.

All their problems would slowly go away over the years if they would simply take education more seriously. Education would lead to better outcomes in their adult lives, and less people turning to crime and therefore less contact with the police.

And once they stop committing such a high percentage of the crime and having most of the 911 calls that police get come from their neighborhoods... I can guarantee you an amazing thing would happen: the police would gradually stop looking for them, too.

The point is, when your house is such disarray, it helps if you have a little bit of room to talk when you are complaining about the way others do.

These are the facts! Most of the problems happen when police are resisted. Complying with the police would avoid most of the problems.
DrummerboyWolf
statefan91 said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

statefan91 said:

It seems weird that you say people should be concerned about something, and then you aren't concerned enough to protest for it. If that's the case, why do you also care about what the BLM protesters are doing? Sounds like you can't make up your mind my friend. Lots of "not my problem" but also judging of those who have found something they do have passion to protest about.
So you're saying you don't see the double standard. All lives should matter. Last year, there were somewhere around 41 unarmed people killed by police. 9 of those were Black. 18 were white. I have no problem with people protesting peacefully, but when they turn to riots and start tearing crap up and stealing stuff that doesn't belong to them, then I have a big problem.

And don't get me started on Black Lives Matter, the organization that was started after the Michael Brown incident in Ferguson. That group, is led by Marxists. They have toned down their website some, but the mission is the overthrow of Capitalism and the U. S. government as well as other socialist ideas. I don't expect you to believe me. Do your own homework.

The weekly killings that take place in Chicago hardly get the time of day among the black community and activists. It's very sad that nobody cares about those lives lost And your right about one thing, it's not my problem. I live over 600 miles away and as I said it's not my fight or in my jurisdiction. Now some of the rioting and violence that happened in Raleigh last week, got within a mile and half of my house. Had they come down down my street and started tearing stuff up, then they would have seen my protest and I don't think they would have liked it.

And finally I have my mind well made up. I am for the Constitution of the United States of America and the Bill of Rights. Not all the protestors are Marxist and they are trying to affect change. I love for them to peacefully assemble. It's their first amendment right. But the ones who are rioting and stealing and trying to overthrow the Constitution with mayhem and chaos, I have no use for. That is why I practice my second amendment rights. You tell me I am judging people and I do like to judge people by the content of their character. You on the other hand are judging me when you know nothing about me. How ironic.
lumberpack5
Francis said:

James Henderson said:

Otis4411 said:

James Henderson said:

Gopack80 said:

James, there's definitely a lot of money and benefits flowing to parts of Robeson County. Just drive down Hwy 211 from Red Springs to Lumberton and you'll see some really nice, large, and newly constructed homes. Same with Pembroke. Not saying all of this is federal funds, but some people are living very well. For some reason I thought when Elizabeth Dole was in the senate, she sponsored a bill that fully recognize the Lumbee Tribe and got passed and signed into law?
No, there is not a lot of money flowing into Robeson County. Robeson is poor as hell. Now the Tribe has taken over the Electric Co-Op, and has Lumbee Gurantee Bank, and a good chunk of County government. The Tribe gets a lot of housing money. You can build a lot of house with 3% down and low interest rates.

The root problem in Robeson is that about 30K-40K Lums need to move to Raleigh, Charlotte, or the Triad because there is not enough economic activity in Robeson County to support that level of population. However, the attachment to "home" is so great, that many stay despite lack of opportunity.

There are the most socio-economic splits that you will find in any County in NC.

There are "Town" Lums, and Pembroke Lums (Town Lums are from Lumberton) (There is a name for out of the County Lums, but I forget and it only applies to Hoke and Scotland Counties)

There are three main brands of whites - "Lint Heads", White Folks, and "That North Lumberton Crowd" The Lint heads are from East Lumberton east to Allenton. Most of the rest of the Whites are white without any moniker that I ever heard. The north crowd is the Professional class and multi-generational land owners.

There North Blacks and South Blacks, The Lumber River is the dividing line and the difference is substantial with North Blacks seeming to have more multi-generational education and opportunity.

Then there are an influx of Southwest Asians who own and operate all the hotels. There are a lot of these folks, enough to actually be noticed.

Then finally there are two kinds of Hispanics - working class, and entrepreneurial class. There is an entire class of successful Hispanic entrepreneurs.

These 10 groups are constantly coming together and breaking apart politically as everyone in the County waits to see if the Lumbees ever get their "Indian Money". Every major group has a legitimate past grievance of some kind.

From a nation to native relation issues - the Cherokee hate the Lums. The Tuscarora claim the Lums stole their history (see Eddie Hatcher), The Coharrie, Hawal-Sapanoi, and I think what was the Mehherin get along with Lums.

By and large, those populations that occupy the bottom 20 % of the socio-economic pyramid are the ones the police beat up. Black aren't beat up and killed where they do not live. The police do that to white people when no minority is available. That sounds like a joke, but a lot of departments operate on intimidating the bottom 10-20% from time to time just to "keep them in line".

However, when you take officers outside their socio-economic comfort zone, they often no longer know who is or who is not predisposed to be a problem. But they way they are trained and with the quasi-military background some come from, if you run, your ass is in trouble. You better just lay on the ground because your flight triggers many of them. Until this is curtailed, it can't get much better.

By the way, I too have been a victim of police brutality. I was roughed up in a university parking lot because I had the temerity to tamper with a parking boot and the campus popo wanted to make an example.
I like the athletic type
statefan91
You're taking the stance of "they shouldn't protest this one thing over here because they're not also addressing all these other things?"

So the options are - protest for something you are passionate about or don't. You can't say All Lives Matter and then judge people that are, in fact, trying to better lives. Just because they don't follow your checklist doesn't invalidate it.

PS - what are you doing to live out your thoughts of All Lives Matter? Just curious.
PackBacker07
Freedom of speech comes from the First Amendment, not God. It plainly states "Congress shall make no law." Private companies can do whatever they want. The First Amendment doesn't shield anyone from criticism, consequences, boycotts, message board bans, having advertisers leave, etc. Say whatever insane thing you want, but that doesn't mean no consequences.

Now back to your regularly scheduled **** show of a thread.
RunsWithWolves26
PackBacker07 said:

Freedom of speech comes from the First Amendment, not God. It plainly states "Congress shall make no law." Private companies can do whatever they want. The First Amendment doesn't shield anyone from criticism, consequences, boycotts, message board bans, having advertisers leave, etc. Say whatever insane thing you want, but that doesn't mean no consequences.

Now back to your regularly scheduled **** show of a thread.

We have our disagreements but damn man, your ass was spot on with this post. And yes, I laughed at the last part. Good work.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.