The "Flat Earth" movement - Could Establishment claims about the universe be false?

61,608 Views | 391 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by WolfpackUSC
PackBacker07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GuerrillaPack said:

PackBacker07 said:

This thread should be locked due to pure stupidity. Thanks a lot internet for the dumbing of an entire species.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Wow, what a shocker. Another far lefty who does not believe in freedom of speech, and wants to silence conservatives and Christians.

You lose any and all arguments when you begin like this. Complete lunacy. The Earth is in fact spherical, without question, and that somehow means I want to silence Christians?

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. Please note the Pilgrims did not sit at a table with Indians.
GuerrillaPack
PackBacker07 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

PackBacker07 said:

This thread should be locked due to pure stupidity. Thanks a lot internet for the dumbing of an entire species.

Wow, what a shocker. Another far lefty who does not believe in freedom of speech, and wants to silence conservatives and Christians.

You lose any and all arguments when you begin like this. Complete lunacy. The Earth is in fact spherical, without question, and that somehow means I want to silence Christians?

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. Please note the Pilgrims did not sit at a table with Indians.

Yes, when you whine for my thread to be locked, you are advocating censorship.

Oh, and yes, please inform us how "evil" the Pilgrims and Founding Fathers were, per the Marxist indoctrination and brainwashing. We've never heard that before.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
Ground_Chuck
GP,

You don't speak for Christians.

-signed all the not crazy Christians
GuerrillaPack
Ground_Chuck said:

GP,

You don't speak for Christians.

-signed all the not crazy Christians
Psalm 93:1 - "the world also is stablished, that it cannot be moved"

Psalm 104:5 - "You who laid the foundations of the earth, So that it should not be moved forever."

Do you read the Bible? The Bible says that the earth is fixed and immovable. The earth does NOT move. The Bible states that the sun, moon, and stars move or rotate about the earth.

And what other issues are you talking about? Abortion, homosexuality, and the transgender movement? The rejection of the "orthodox" cosmology (evolution, Big Bang, heliocentrism)? To the contrary of your point, I am following what God and the Bible actually says on all of these issues, and more.

The Bible is a complete rejection of the "orthodox" cosmology of the universe promoted by the pseudo-"scientific" Establishment of today. The Bible rejects the heliocentric model, and the idea of a spinning and moving earth, that resulted from a Big Bang explosion, and then life coming from "evolution".

Why is this? It is because the "orthodox" cosmology of the modern pseudo-scientific Establishment is all THEORETICAL, and was concocted for the specific reason of attacking and rejecting the truth that is laid out in the Bible. It is not real science. It is theory, promoting their atheistic agenda. It has been cooked up and promoted by Freemasons, Marxists, atheists, and other enemies of God.

Here is a Christian "flat earther" on what the Bible actually says about our cosmology/universe:

"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
GuerrillaPack
Were you aware that apparently most scientists, currently, believe that the universe is flat? I didn't, but that is true according to the following news article, about some scientists with some new paper arguing against that view.

The title of the article and main argument is "Our understanding of the universe could be fundamentally wrong", and that we could have a "crisis in cosmology" on our hands.

Wow. Imagine that. That is true, but it's due to the "flat earth" movement. And not what they talk about in the article.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/universe-shape-expanding-planck-constant-a9184711.html

If the universe started in some "Big Bang" explosion, you would think these scientists would claim that the universe was spherical in shape.

Whatever. Just goes to show that there are numerous competing views, even in the "scientific" community, regarding almost everything. And clearly, not everyone can be right. And almost everything they propose are (admittedly) theories. Very few of these so-called "scientists" are even actually using the scientific method and relying upon true observation and testing. Most of it is just theoretical hogwash used to support their pre-conceived (atheistic) agenda.

And people want to talk about this or that being "settled science" or "beyond debate"? Please. Even among the Establishment "scientists", all they do is continually revise and change their theories.
Pacfanweb
GuerrillaPack said:

Pacfanweb said:

Ground_Chuck said:

Heliocentric model, Evolution, and Big Bang are all observable.

No. What YOU are saying is false. I have already addressed and countered your points with actual evidence. We are able to see much farther than should be possible if the earth were truly a sphere with a circumference of 24,900 miles, as we are told. For example, again, I posted the video (above) of a local news station reporting that the entire Chicago skyline is visible from almost 60 miles away over Lake Michigan. If the earth was a sphere, this should be impossible, with the skyline being hidden by 2,100 feet of "curvature".

Here again:

Not only is this subject debatable, but when we actually have a debate, the evidence does not support the "orthodox"/Establishment cosmological model.

None of that proves anything, except that I'm right and you are willfully ignorant...or trolling.

I'll just use that first video. That's called a Superior Mirage. Google it.

https://www.abc57.com/news/mirage-of-chicago-skyline-seen-from-michigan-shoreline

Normally you can't see that skyline, unless the conditions are right. If the Earth was flat, you could see it in any weather, other than fog...but you can't.

I'm not going to bother with the other ones, because if you had just done the 3 minutes of research on that video like I just did, you'd know this already. But no, like all FE loons, you simply looked at the picture and thought that proved everything. The only thing it proves is what a bunch of liars and idiots that FE people are. You willfully ignore or don't even bother to research these things.
I'll bet my pay for the next year that you never ever searched this video and looked to see if there was another explanation once you saw this on the loon website.

Here's the picture again:

And here's the followup video the same guy did a year later, after loons like you emailed him incessantly:

https://www.abc57.com/news/skyline-skepticism-the-lake-michigan-mirage

All the explanation needed is in the article and the video, case is closed.

And BTW, that picture was taken from 250' high, so you can ALWAYS at least see the tops of buildings over the horizon, given that they're also very tall, as long as it's clear enough. It's only when the conditions are just right that you see the Superior Mirage and see the whole skyline.
GuerrillaPack
^ Of course I know that the almighty news man in his fancy suit claimed that it was a "mirage" that allowed us to be able to see the Chicago skyline from almost 60 miles away. I watched the video of him claiming that several months ago. That claim is false. That is not how a superior mirage even works. I have shown videos in this thread showing how superior mirages work. And guess what? They act to CONCEAL things that should be visible -- e.g., by reflecting the image of water "upwards", concealing the view of objects (e.g., boats) that would be visible.

And the real reason you can't see the Chicago skyline all the time is because of the limits of sight due to the atmosphere -- e.g., with more water vapor in the air, visibility is limited.

And why is your post filled with vitriolic name-calling, attacking me as a "loon" and "idiot"? Why such hatred and visciousness? This is not indicative of someone who has the facts and logic on their side. You are using smear tactics and emotional faux "argumentation".
Pacfanweb
GuerrillaPack said:

^ Of course I know that the almighty news man in his fancy suit claimed that it was a "mirage" that allowed us to be able to see the Chicago skyline from almost 60 miles away. I watched the video of him claiming that several months ago. That claim is false. That is not how a superior mirage even works. I have shown videos in this thread showing how superior mirages work. And guess what? They act to CONCEAL things that should be visible -- e.g., by reflecting the image of water "upwards", concealing the view of objects (e.g., boats) that would be visible.

And the real reason you can't see the Chicago skyline all the time is because of the limits of sight due to the atmosphere -- e.g., with more water vapor in the air, visibility is limited.

And why is your post filled with vitriolic name-calling, attacking me as a "loon" and "idiot"? Why such hatred and visciousness? This is not indicative of someone who has the facts and logic on their side. You are using smear tactics and emotional faux "argumentation".
Usually, that would be the case, but only in a discussion where both sides were debating something that was actually debatable.

Flat Earth is preposterous. It's long been proven false. The Earth is spherical. Period, end of story. It's like you're trying to argue that Pearl Harbor didn't take place on Sunday, December 7, 1941.

So any niceties or politeness that might accompany a debate with someone who might actually have a legitimate point, but is maybe interpreting data differently than you....they don't apply here. This is idiocy, and should be stamped out whenever possible so it doesn't affect other potential idiots.

And once again, you're wrong. That is EXACTLY how a Superior Mirage works. EXACTLY. So you're wrong, or you're lying, or you're either willfully or naturally ignorant.

Quote:

A superior mirage is the opposite: a layer of warm air sits above your line of sight with a cool layer beneath it. This is also known as a temperature inversion. Light bends down towards the denser air, but because our eyes assume the light we see travels straight, the object we are seeing appears higher than it actually is. Therefore we see the image, or inversions of it, above where it actually is.

https://www.eoas.ubc.ca/courses/atsc113/sailing/met_concepts/10-met-local-conditions/10f-optical-phenomena/

GuerrillaPack
Pacfanweb said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Usually, that would be the case, but only in a discussion where both sides were debating something that was actually debatable.

Flat Earth is preposterous. It's long been proven false. The Earth is spherical. Period, end of story. It's like you're trying to argue that Pearl Harbor didn't take place on Sunday, December 7, 1941.

So any niceties or politeness that might accompany a debate with someone who might actually have a legitimate point, but is maybe interpreting data differently than you....they don't apply here. This is idiocy, and should be stamped out whenever possible so it doesn't affect other potential idiots.

And once again, you're wrong. That is EXACTLY how a Superior Mirage works. EXACTLY. So you're wrong, or you're lying, or you're either willfully or naturally ignorant.

Quote:

A superior mirage is the opposite: a layer of warm air sits above your line of sight with a cool layer beneath it. This is also known as a temperature inversion. Light bends down towards the denser air, but because our eyes assume the light we see travels straight, the object we are seeing appears higher than it actually is. Therefore we see the image, or inversions of it, above where it actually is.

https://www.eoas.ubc.ca/courses/atsc113/sailing/met_concepts/10-met-local-conditions/10f-optical-phenomena/

Different types of optical phenomena are classified as "mirages". Some are refelections of an image. The word "mirage" is from the Latin "mirror", referring to a reflected image. In the videos demonstrating a superior mirage that I posted previously in this thread, you have the case in which water that is well below the horizon is being mirrored and reflected "upwards", hiding objects from view (e.g., boats) behind that reflected image of water. What you are suggesting is a different type of phenomena -- where the image of the Chicago skyline (which is supposedly "hidden below the curvature of the earth") is "bent up over the curve of the earth" so that we can see it. I don't believe that is what is occurring. That is the point I'm making.

I don't care if you are nice to me or not. I'm a big boy and can take it. And, as one who believes what the Messiah said, I EXPECT to be hated and reviled for standing up for the truth -- see my signature for the scripture. Are you a Christian? Are you aware that the Bible supports a non-moving earth, and that the modern "orthodox" cosmology is theory promoted by the Establishment in order to push an atheistic agenda and cause people to reject the Bible and God?

I bring up your vitriolic tone and childish smear tactics mainly to point out that it is fallacious argumentation, and is indicative of someone who cannot argue with facts and logic.
Pacfanweb
Well, except for the pesky little fact that I'm the only one bringing facts to this, unlike all your false info and links.

Not only that, but you're now outright lying.

You said this:
Quote:

That claim is false. That is not how a superior mirage even works. I have shown videos in this thread showing how superior mirages work. And guess what? They act to CONCEAL things that should be visible

So I proved you wrong beyond any shadow of a doubt, since you can find proof of what I posted in many places.

Now you're saying "You don't believe that is what is occurring". Sorry, but you first said that's not what a superior mirage is. Now you're changing your story, because that's EXACTLY what it is.

Okay, so people who actually know what they're talking about who actually WENT THERE and documented this exact phenomena at this exact spot, (and it matches exactly what a superior mirage is) are wrong and you, who only just looked it up on the internet, are right.

Seems plausible. Not.

This is typical. You are proven wrong, then your type just sticks their fingers in their ears and basically goes "Nyah, nyah, I'm not listening".

Then you come back with more lies and falsehoods. And you wonder why folks are not polite to you.

And get out of here with all that crap you claim the Bible says. It doesn't say any of it. More lies.
Pacfanweb
PackBacker07 said:

Honestly, you are right.

There's one thing you can't fix, and that's stupid, whether it's willful or natural.
GuerrillaPack
Pacfanweb said:

Well, except for the pesky little fact that I'm the only one bringing facts to this, unlike all your false info and links.

Not only that, but you're now outright lying.

You said this:
Quote:

That claim is false. That is not how a superior mirage even works. I have shown videos in this thread showing how superior mirages work. And guess what? They act to CONCEAL things that should be visible

So I proved you wrong beyond any shadow of a doubt, since you can find proof of what I posted in many places.

Now you're saying "You don't believe that is what is occurring". Sorry, but you first said that's not what a superior mirage is. Now you're changing your story, because that's EXACTLY what it is.

Okay, so people who actually know what they're talking about who actually WENT THERE and documented this exact phenomena at this exact spot, (and it matches exactly what a superior mirage is) are wrong and you, who only just looked it up on the internet, are right.

Seems plausible. Not.

This is typical. You are proven wrong, then your type just sticks their fingers in their ears and basically goes "Nyah, nyah, I'm not listening".

Then you come back with more lies and falsehoods. And you wonder why folks are not polite to you.

And get out of here with all that crap you claim the Bible says. It doesn't say any of it. More lies.

You can also "look up in many places" the "fact" that the "earth is a sphere". But it's not a fact.

I'm not lying. What I'm doing is rejecting the Establishment orthodoxy. I also reject their claim that it is a "superior mirage" when you can see the Chicago skyline from 60 miles away. That is not an optical illusion. That is "normal" vision or line of sight.

A true superior mirage occurs when objects BELOW the horizon are reflected "upwards". It is not "bending light of objects beyond the horizon up over the curve of the earth."
GuerrillaPack
Pacfanweb said:

And you want to talk about ignorance and lying? Lmfao.

The Bible CLEARLY states that the earth is not moving. There are multiple scriptures explicitly stating that the earth is not moving, and is fixed and immovable. Here are a few:

Psalm 93:1 - "the world also is stablished, that it cannot be moved"

Psalm 104:5 - "You who laid the foundations of the earth, So that it should not be moved forever."

So who is really ignorant or lying here?
GuerrillaPack
Pacfanweb said:

PackBacker07 said:

Honestly, you are right.

There's one thing you can't fix, and that's stupid, whether it's willful or natural.
But if you think you are "winning" this argument and "so easily", why do you want to censor me, and lock the thread?

Why are you worried about other people being influenced by my argument? Could it be because I actually am making logical arguments backed by evidence? And, therefore, the only way for you to counter my argument is try to silence me?

If anyone should be censored, it should be YOU -- for violating the board rules by personally attacking me (with name-calling, etc). But I'm not actually arguing for that. I don't believe anyone should be censored. I actually believe in freedom of speech.
Pacfanweb
GuerrillaPack said:

Pacfanweb said:

PackBacker07 said:

Honestly, you are right.

But if you think you are "winning" this argument and "so easily", why do you want to censor me, and lock the thread?

Why are you worried about other people being influenced by my argument? Could it be because I actually am making logical arguments backed by evidence? And, therefore, the only way for you to counter my argument is try to silence me?

If anyone should be censored, it should be YOU -- for violating the board rules by personally attacking me (with name-calling, etc). But I'm not actually arguing for that. I don't believe anyone should be censored. I actually believe in freedom of speech.
I think it's debatable whether I "personally attacked" you. I did lump you in with what I termed as "FE loons" and said they were "idiots and liars", yes. I did not specifically say "GP you are an idiot" though.

And it's a private board, not gov't run. There is no freedom of speech, there is only "what does the owner of the board want on here?"

No, it's not that you're making any sort of a logical argument at all. In fact, none of it makes sense, because as I stated before, you don't bother to even research the actual facts I've posted to see that pretty much all of science agrees with them. You just say "I don't agree with them", and then post links to false information that has long been disproven, and when that is refuted you just stick your fingers in your ears and don't listen and say "I'm right, I don't believe it, etc" and post more falsehoods.

As far as shutting this down....yes, I'm concerned that idiocy like this (and that's exactly what it is..ban me) can be seen by those less fortunate, mentally. Yes.

Like the old George Carlin bit went "You know how stupid the average person is? Now realize that half of them are stupider than THAT"
It's true. "Average" is pretty dumb. And a lot of folks ARE less than that, and they sometimes read this junk, so yeah...delete the thread. The less of this false crap out there to be found, the better, even if it's just a troll job.
Big Sexy Pack
This is ludicrous. We all know that the earth is hallow.

GuerrillaPack
Big Sexy Pack said:

Neil Degrasse Tyson, the god of the Establishment cosmological model, says that the earth is "pear-shaped"!

IseWolf22
GuerrillaPack said:

Big Sexy Pack said:

Neil Degrasse Tyson, the god of the Establishment cosmological model, says that the earth is "pear-shaped"!

So.... You don't think the earth is flat anymore? At least that's progress.

Yes, the earth isn't a perfectly symmetrical sphere. The globe in most classrooms is an abstraction that helps people understand. It's also cheaper to manufacture. Like he said, it's a little thicker in the middle and the southern hemisphere. It's also still "round" and it orbits the sun.
GuerrillaPack
IseWolf22 said:

So.... You don't think the earth is flat anymore? At least that's progress.

Yes, the earth isn't a perfectly symmetrical sphere. The globe in most classrooms is an abstraction that helps people understand. It's also cheaper to manufacture. Like he said, it's a little thicker in the middle and the southern hemisphere. It's also still "round" and it orbits the sun.
No. I was mocking Neil Degrasse Tyson. My position remains unchanged from when I started the thread - I reject the "orthodox" Establishment model of the universe (spherical earth, heliocentric model, etc), and believe in the Biblical and flat earth view (flat and stationary earth, geocentric model).

And not in response to your post...but as I mentioned in the first post in the thread, one of the reasons I wanted to discuss the topic of "flat earth" now is because the censorship on this subject on the internet (and specifically YouTube) is ramping up, to the point that it may be much harder to find information on this and related subjects in the near future. YouTube is apparently coming out with new terms of service on December 10th, and it is believed that another big censorship "purge" is coming. YouTube has already admitted that they have altered their algorithm to suppress information related to the "flat earth" viewpoint. So it may only be a matter of time before they fully ban content advocating the flat earth view, denying the claims of NASA, etc.

So here are some of the more popular good YouTube channels advocating the flat earth view, and exposing the frauds of NASA. Let's hope they are not censored or banned in the near future:

jeranism (148k subscribers)
Eric Dubay (54k subscribers)
Celebrate Truth (136k subscribers)
Rob Skiba (189k subscribers)
Taboo Conspiracy ii
GlobeBusters
waykiwayki
GuerrillaPack
Rejection of the spherical earth model and belief in a flat earth is not as "fringe" of a belief as you might suspect.

According to this recent poll, of Americans aged 18-44, only around 75% have "always" believed in a spherical earth, and around 14% either have at one time or currently believe the earth is flat or are skeptical of the spherical earth claim, and ~11% unsure.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/trevornace/2018/04/04/only-two-thirds-of-american-millennials-believe-the-earth-is-round/amp/
GuerrillaPack
Since initially posting this thread, I've been doing a lot of further research, and have discovered a couple of excellent researchers on YouTube, who provide fascinating research from both a scientific and biblical perspective - Pastor Dean Odle and Rob Skiba. I highly recommend checking out their channels. A lot of their material is really mind-blowing.

Rob Skiba: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoiIt_v1D-6z75LmrdIU2aw

Dean Odle: https://www.youtube.com/user/FireGraceChurch

This is a great video to start with (representative of both of their work) with portions of presentations from Rob Skiba and Dean Odle:

This is s very good presentation by Skiba with introductory evidence for the flat earth view:

Here is an outstanding presentation by Dean Odle on Antarctica, and how it is the "ends of the earth" referred to in the Bible:

And here is part 1 of the above presentation, covering the Biblical account of the nature of the heavens and the earth, especially the "firmament" or solid dome which contains the atmoshere:

Lastly, here is s powerful presentation by Odle covering numerous NASA and declassified government documents that show that NASA bases the design of their airplanes/etc on a "flat non-rotating earth", and also Russian documents declassified by the CIA acknowledging that the true nature of the earth is that it is "flat" and not rotating, and acknowledging the existence of the firmament:

waynecountywolf
I have some well drained Nahunta Swamp land for sale for one poster, here.
Glasswolf
waynecountywolf said:

Is it close enough to Nahunta Pork Center that I slop my way over to it?
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

lumberpack5
Mental Illness is a bad thing.

I like the athletic type
GuerrillaPack
lumberpack5 said:

Do you actually believe that I am "mentally ill"...or are you just saying that to attack and disparage me? Look man, I used to be in the same boat as you on this issue. Two years ago when I first started seeing this "flat earth" movement on YouTube, I thought it was out there too. But then I actually started to look into it...and I discovered that there is substantial evidence to question and disprove the "orthodox" heliocentric, Big Bang, globe model of the earth/universe.

Let me ask you this...are you a Christian? If so, you should know that the Bible supports the "flat earth" view. I have already cited many of the verses in this thread. The Bible makes very clear that the earth is "fixed" and "immovable". The earth is NOT spinning and flying through space. Furthermore, the Bible in the book of Genesis describes the earth as having a "firmament" (solid structure) over it which contains the atmosphere. Elsewhere in the Bible this firmament is described as a "vaulted dome" made of a material like "crystal". And just think about the atmosphere for a second. Under the conventional model, how could the earth's atmosphere not just "blow away" from the earth as the earth whizzes around the sun at thousands of miles an hour? How can the earth's atmosphere exist right next to the vacuum of "space" and not be sucked away by that vacuum? It can't. The atmosphere must exist in a closed system and have a container.

These are just a few small points. There are dozens of other major points/issues that disprove the orthodox model. But one has to actually research and look into the matter in order to grasp it, and see that there is a real "issue" with the conventional model.
griff17matt
waynecountywolf said:

Can we perma-ban you for bringing this bat**** crazy thread up 8 months after it died a slow, agonizing death? Now GP is going to inundate this thread with more YouTube ******s that are so mentally weak and insecure that they latch onto any and every stupid conspiracy they come across that affirms their worldview.
GuerrillaPack
griff17matt said:

waynecountywolf said:

Can we perma-ban you for bringing this bat**** crazy thread up 8 months after it died a slow, agonizing death? Now GP is going to inundate this thread with more YouTube ******s that are so mentally weak and insecure that they latch onto any and every stupid conspiracy they come across that affirms their worldview.

You can smear so-called "conspiracy theorists" with whatever accusation or name-calling you want. But "mentally weak" is not one that even remotely holds water. In order to form and hold our beliefs, we have had to buck the entire system -- the education Establishment, the Establishment media, etc. That requires mental fortitude and strength...not "weakness". To the contrary, an example of mental weakness and gullibility is just unquestionably believing everything you are told by so-called "authorities" in the Establishment --and going along with that peer pressure and herd mentality.

We have had to use critical thinking, and have gone through the intellectual challenge of questioning our previously held beliefs on major issues, considering arguments for multiple sides of those issues, deep research and acquisition of new knowledge and information (knowledge that our critics are ignorant of), and making difficult judgments based upon that information/evidence. It would be far easier (and required much less mental effort and intellectual ability) to just let the "Establishment" decide our worldview, and just believe everything they tell us to believe.
griff17matt
GuerrillaPack said:

griff17matt said:

waynecountywolf said:

You can smear so-called "conspiracy theorists" with whatever accusation or name-calling you want. But "mentally weak" is not one that even remotely holds water. In order to form and hold our beliefs, we have had to buck the entire system -- the education Establishment, the Establishment media, etc. That requires mental fortitude and strength...not "weakness". To the contrary, an example of mental weakness and gullibility is just unquestionably believing everything you are told by so-called "authorities" in the Establishment --and going along with that peer pressure and herd mentality.

We have had to use critical thinking, and have gone through the intellectual challenge of questioning our previously held beliefs on major issues, considering arguments for multiple sides of those issues, deep research and acquisition of new knowledge and information (knowledge that our critics are ignorant of), and making difficult judgments based upon that information/evidence. It would be far easier (and required much less mental effort and intellectual ability) to just let the "Establishment" decide our worldview, and just believe everything they tell us to believe.
Please, do tell me your learned expertise on how the vacuum (ie absence of air pressure) of space should cause our atmosphere to be "sucked away." You, guy that believes the Bible to be a scientific authority, please do explain to me why gravity isn't a thing and air pressure differences don't keep the atmosphere from being "blown away" as the earth rotates in space and around the sun at the center of the solar system.

You're not mentally weak because you're anti-establishment. You're mentally weak because you seek out faulty conspiracies that affirm your worldview. Specifically that every single statement written down 4,000 years ago by goat herders is to be taken as scientific fact even when proven incorrect, through no fault of their own mind you, by tools and knowledge unavailable to them at the time.
Pacfanweb
griff17matt said:

Please, do tell me your learned expertise on how the vacuum (ie absence of air pressure) of space should cause our atmosphere to be "sucked away." You, guy that believes the Bible to be a scientific authority, please do explain to me why gravity isn't a thing and air pressure differences don't keep the atmosphere from being "blown away" as the earth rotates in space and around the sun at the center of the solar system.

You're not mentally weak because you're anti-establishment. You're mentally weak because you seek out faulty conspiracies that affirm your worldview. Specifically that every single statement written down 4,000 years ago by goat herders is to be taken as scientific fact even when proven incorrect, through no fault of their own mind you, by tools and knowledge unavailable to them at the time.
Here's the crux of it:

"We have had to use critical thinking, and have gone through the intellectual challenge of questioning our previously held beliefs on major issues, considering arguments for multiple sides of those issues, deep research and acquisition of new knowledge and information (knowledge that our critics are ignorant of), and making difficult judgments based upon that information/evidence."

Okay, the "intellectual challenge" he refers to is basically taking a leap of faith that rivals Evel Knievel's attempt to jump Snake River Canyon in order to believe all those lies and inaccuracies.

Literally every single bit of "evidence" he's ever provided is false, and easily debunked....and has been many times.

You can see the curvature with your own eyes on trans Atlantic flights. People who rode the Concorde when it was operational saw it many, many times.

This is one way in which the internet and social media is not good. Pre-internet, you'd run across people like this a few times in your life. You'd listen to them, shake your head and move on, knowing they were just wrong and you couldn't help them.
I remember running across (my Dad was in the car business) a few guys who told the "there is a 100mpg carburetor that was invented and the oil companies/car companies bought the patent and shelved it" story. Which was total BS, of course, but as a kid it sounded plausible.

But now? They can huddle up on the internet and reach more people....in many cases, people who are susceptible to idiotic ideas like this and don't know any better. It's not a good thing.
PackBacker07
Great post.
PackBacker07
Great post.
Y'all means ALL.
GuerrillaPack
griff17matt said:

This hostility towards God and the Bible is typical of those who staunchly adhere to the "orthodox" pseudo-scientific model of the universe (eg, Big Bang, heliocentric, earth flying through space, globe earth). I talked about this in the initial post to the thread. This is because the "orthodox" model is part of a religious belief system. The orthodox model is a THEORY itself. It is not proven. The Big Bang, theory of evolution, and even the heliocentric and globe model is all theory. Furthermore, the origin of these theories is from Freemasons and other enemies of God, who concocted these theories to attack the veracity of the Bible and ultimately cause people to reject God.

Those who claim to believe the Bible must come to grips with the fact that the biblical cosmology is the complete opposite of this "orthodox" model. The Bible says that the earth is fixed and immovable (does not spin or travel through space), that it is the sun and moon and stars that move in circuits over the earth, that the earth is flat, and that there is a solid structure over the earth (the "firmament") that contains the atmosphere.

This firmament is a very interesting subject in the Bible. It is also called "heaven", a "vaulted dome" over the earth, and made of something like "crystal" that is "strong as a molten looking glass" -- and that it separates waters above this firmament from the earth.

Also, God's throne is resting on top of this firmament, above the earth, in the area above the "north pole". A passage in Ezekiel specifically describes this (see below):

Genesis 1:6-7 - And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so. And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

Amos 9:6 - The One who builds His upper chambers in the heavens And has founded His vaulted dome over the earth, He who calls for the waters of the sea And pours them out on the face of the earth, The LORD is His name.

Job 37:18 - Hast thou with him spread out the sky, which is strong, and as a molten looking glass?

Ezekiel 1:26 - And above the firmament that was over their heads was the likeness of a throne, as the appearance of a sapphire stone: and upon the likeness of the throne was the likeness as the appearance of a man above upon it.

Isaiah 66:1 - Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?

For those who want a more in-depth analysis of this, here is an excellent presentation by Rob Skiba covering what the Bible says about cosmology -- ie, proving that the earth is not moving, that it is flat and with a firmament (dome) over it:

PackBacker07
Just to wrap things up: is the helio-centric model of the universe, and with it the demonic spherical earth theory, left-wing communist? Or just an Antifa talking point? Or maybe big tech trying to push their Marxist view on society? A lot of interesting points here.
Y'all means ALL.
waynecountywolf
Glasswolf said:

waynecountywolf said:

Is it close enough to Nahunta Pork Center that I slop my way over to it?
By boat...lol
lumberpack5
GuerrillaPack said:

lumberpack5 said:

Do you actually believe that I am "mentally ill"...or are you just saying that to attack and disparage me? Look man, I used to be in the same boat as you on this issue. Two years ago when I first started seeing this "flat earth" movement on YouTube, I thought it was out there too. But then I actually started to look into it...and I discovered that there is substantial evidence to question and disprove the "orthodox" heliocentric, Big Bang, globe model of the earth/universe.

Let me ask you this...are you a Christian? If so, you should know that the Bible supports the "flat earth" view. I have already cited many of the verses in this thread. The Bible makes very clear that the earth is "fixed" and "immovable". The earth is NOT spinning and flying through space. Furthermore, the Bible in the book of Genesis describes the earth as having a "firmament" (solid structure) over it which contains the atmosphere. Elsewhere in the Bible this firmament is described as a "vaulted dome" made of a material like "crystal". And just think about the atmosphere for a second. Under the conventional model, how could the earth's atmosphere not just "blow away" from the earth as the earth whizzes around the sun at thousands of miles an hour? How can the earth's atmosphere exist right next to the vacuum of "space" and not be sucked away by that vacuum? It can't. The atmosphere must exist in a closed system and have a container.

These are just a few small points. There are dozens of other major points/issues that disprove the orthodox model. But one has to actually research and look into the matter in order to grasp it, and see that there is a real "issue" with the conventional model.
Only someone with Mental Illness would open the door like that to an ass hole like me.

1. When you ask me am I a Christian - yes I am, but I am not Jewish, nor do I believe in the cult of Paul.
2. Judaism rips off earlier stories and texts that go back before Gilgamesh.
3. You have to be mentally ill to accept the Old Testament as literally true. The Old Testament presents God as a supposedly Omnipotent and Omniscient being who despite being all powerful is too dumb to know Adam is too stupid to fix the problem created by Satan in the Garden when he tells Eve the truth. This is the same God who throws a temper tantrum when his stupid monkey men disobey him. This is the same God who evidently can't be bothered to show up periodically and confirm his existence thereby getting mankind to do better.
4. Anyone who places God inside a man-sized box is mentally ill. What is the man-size box? That box is the crazy human limitations imposed on God by humans who want to make God in their image.
5. The incest, murder, and lust that is condone in the Old Testament is an illogical ploy to allow early Jews not to be bound by the actual rules of Judaism.
6. 3500 years ago, humans had a poor grasp of advanced physics. Stories were made up to explain things that could not otherwise be explained.
7. Every word used as a description about or around God is essentially an attempt to represent a 4 dimensional object in 2 dimensional space - an image of a hypercube. Every word used to describe Earth and it's place in the Universe is infected by the inability of people 3500 years ago to explain things like gravity, space-time, or even numbers beyond 5 digits
8. The Omnipotent, Omniscient God does not need to alter physics to end up with a habitable planet.
9. My dog has free will. When he exercises free will he acts like a dumb ass. The relationship of God to man is even further than from Man to dog. How is it that humans can understand that their dog is stupid, but God is supposed to be surprised and disappointed?

So yes you are either mentally ill, or a really pesky troll. If you aren't mentally ill, that can only mean your are very stupid.
I like the athletic type

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.