The "Flat Earth" movement - Could Establishment claims about the universe be false?

62,402 Views | 391 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by WolfpackUSC
dogplasma
How long do you want to ignore this user?
For a flat earth, does air pressure not decrease with altitude?
caryking
The Earth is neither flat nor round... its a triangle!!
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
barelypure
grantwolf said:

ConfuseusPack said:

2. Under the "orthodox" model of the earth and universe, with the earth supposedly whizzing around the sun at thousands of miles an hour, what keeps the atmosphere of the earth from "blowing away"? Is is really the gravitational pull of the earth which does this? The same scientific establishment claims that comets are flying through space, and that the comet's "tail" is caused by dust and gas being "released" or blown off from the comet. So why doesn't this also happen to the earth?

Bwaaahaha! This is amazing!
"Under the "orthodox" model of the earth and universe, with the earth supposedly whizzing around the sun at thousands of miles an hour, what keeps the atmosphere of the earth from "blowing away"? Is is really the gravitational pull of the earth which does this?" - YES

"The same scientific establishment claims that comets are flying through space, and that the comet's "tail" is caused by dust and gas being "released" or blown off from the comet. So why doesn't this also happen to the earth?"

A comet's mass is orders of magnitudes less than the Earth's, thus not having the gravitational pull to maintain its off-gasses around it. I believe the largest observed comet is around 80 miles in diameter.
I've never given much thought about comets and their tails. Assuming what you say is true has there been any studies that show how much smaller the comets are getting? Or do they maintain, perhaps get larger, by collecting debris in their path, which is then later cast off? That would be an interesting topic for some astrophysicists.
grantwolf
barelypure said:

grantwolf said:

ConfuseusPack said:

2. Under the "orthodox" model of the earth and universe, with the earth supposedly whizzing around the sun at thousands of miles an hour, what keeps the atmosphere of the earth from "blowing away"? Is is really the gravitational pull of the earth which does this? The same scientific establishment claims that comets are flying through space, and that the comet's "tail" is caused by dust and gas being "released" or blown off from the comet. So why doesn't this also happen to the earth?

Bwaaahaha! This is amazing!
"Under the "orthodox" model of the earth and universe, with the earth supposedly whizzing around the sun at thousands of miles an hour, what keeps the atmosphere of the earth from "blowing away"? Is is really the gravitational pull of the earth which does this?" - YES

"The same scientific establishment claims that comets are flying through space, and that the comet's "tail" is caused by dust and gas being "released" or blown off from the comet. So why doesn't this also happen to the earth?"

A comet's mass is orders of magnitudes less than the Earth's, thus not having the gravitational pull to maintain its off-gasses around it. I believe the largest observed comet is around 80 miles in diameter.
I've never given much thought about comets and their tails. Assuming what you say is true has there been any studies that show how much smaller the comets are getting? Or do they maintain, perhaps get larger, by collecting debris in their path, which is then later cast off? That would be an interesting topic for some astrophysicists.
Per the interwebs, yes...comets are constantly losing mass and will eventually totally disintegrate (or turn into a normal asteroid).
grantwolf
dogplasma said:

For a flat earth, does air pressure not decrease with altitude?
You can't be axing real questions of these peeps.
grantwolf
This is a riveting debate.
GuerrillaPack
Demonstration of how sun works on a flat earth. See second slide for how a light source outside of a transparent dome casts light on a flat earth model.

https://instagr.am/p/C47dplmugQ2
grantwolf
GuerrillaPack said:

Demonstration of how sun works on a flat earth. See second slide for how a light source outside of a transparent dome casts light on a flat earth model.

https://instagr.am/p/C47dplmugQ2
Is this sun inside the dome or outside of the dome?

EDIT: nevermind...it is outside of the dome apparently.
grantwolf
Simply put, light doesn't work this way.

Light isn't going to be super-bright in a spot, then be totally dark 100 miles away, nor is this phenomenon observed anywhere on Earth. And the sun wouldn't have a straight line running through the middle of the earth either.

GuerrillaPack
grantwolf said:

Light isn't going to be super-bright in a spot, then be totally dark 100 miles away, nor is this phenomenon observed anywhere on Earth. And the sun wouldn't have a straight line running through the middle of the earth either.

You are nit-picking over nothing. It's a simplified model. Not something replicating what actually occurs to the nth degree.

You are correct that real science is based on observation. But the big problem you have is that almost the entire "orthodox" model of the universe peddled to us by Marxist-controlled academia, Hollywood, and the Lamestream media is based on THEORIES....and not observation. Has the theory of evolution been observed, or anything ever observed that could support it? No. Has the Big Bang theory ever been observed, or anything ever observed that could support it? No. And the heliocentric model and "globe" earth model are also both theoretical.

Has there ever been any measurement or observation to show that the earth is spinning and moving through the universe? No. We cannot see, feel, sense, or measure the earth moving. To the contrary, many scientific experiments and tests have been done which prove that the earth is NOT moving at all.

This is the one of the core points I've been making in this thread as part of the argument in favor of the flat earth view -- all real observation (and real science) disproves the globe and heliocentric model, and supports the flat earth model.

For example, how about we talk about the observable fact that we are able to see MUCH farther than we should be able to if the globe earth theory were correct? For instance, here is a Lamestream propaganda "news" report talking about the fact that you can see the city lights of Milwaukee from the shoreline of Lake Michigan 70 miles away. If the earth were a sphere then those city lights over 70 miles away should be hidden by about 3,000 ft of "earth curve". But they tell us "stupid peons" to believe that it's a "mirage".

grantwolf
GuerrillaPack said:

grantwolf said:

You are nit-picking over nothing. It's a simplified model. Not something replicating what actually occurs to the nth degree.

Why is it just a simplified model? Why not a fully coherent model, simulating the ACTUAL sun, the ACTUAL dome, and how it all works? I think I know the answer...it can't be produced, because it is nonsensical.

You can't even tell me how high the sun is, or how large it is. That's pretty basic stuff.
grantwolf
GuerrillaPack said:

grantwolf said:

Can you explain to me why the view in that video would be "rare"? Like...why couldn't you see from one side of the lake to the other all the time?
GuerrillaPack
grantwolf said:

Can you explain to me why the view in that video would be "rare"? Like...why couldn't you see from one side of the lake to the other all the time?
Atmospheric conditions. For example, you need a clear sky with no cloud cover and very little water vapor in the air. You can only see the Charlotte skyline from Mt. Mitchell on a clear day.

You are missing the point that Milwaukee should NEVER be visible from the shoreline 70 miles away -- if the globe earth theory were true. That's not a "mirage". Mirages invert the image, and I can show you another example of the Chicago skyline (skyscrapers during the day) visible from 60 miles away over Lake Michigan.

And those are just 2 examples. There are HUNDREDS of examples of photography like this (including infrared photography) showing straight line sight of things dozens or even up to over two hundred miles away, that should be "hidden" by thousands or tens of thousands of feet of "curvature" if the earth were a sphere.
GuerrillaPack
grantwolf said:

Why is it just a simplified model? Why not a fully coherent model, simulating the ACTUAL sun, the ACTUAL dome, and how it all works? I think I know the answer...it can't be produced, because it is nonsensical.

You can't even tell me how high the sun is, or how large it is. That's pretty basic stuff.
Once again, the fallacy of argumentation of demanding complete answers to everything. I'll remind everyone reading this yet again that even the "orthodox" faux "scientific" Establishment admits that they know very little about the universe and how it works. All they have are THEORIES. And they even admit to you that they are all theories -- eg, evolution, Big Bang, etc. They admit that they do not truly know how even "gravity" works. They are just not as honest in admitting that the heliocentric model is also a theory, as well as the model of the earth as a sphere.

The faux "scientific" Establishment is constantly changing their claims as to the distance from earth to the sun, age of the universe, and hundreds of other key features of the universe. So why don't you hold them to this same standard of demanding that they give you a fully coherent and consistent model??
dogplasma
You don't understand the definition of a scientific theory. The scientific method is what separates the women from the girls, theory wise.
GuerrillaPack
dogplasma said:

You don't understand the definition of a scientific theory. The scientific method is what separates the women from the girls, theory wise.
No, I understand all of this perfectly. Your side doesn't even understand the most basic biological scientific facts, such as the fact that there are only 2 genders and that an unborn child is a living human being.

Your side is the one that knows NOTHING about true science. That's why you fall for all of the Marxist Left's lies and deception, including the absolutely preposterous theory of evolution and the Big Bang theory, the "climate change" hoax, etc.
dogplasma
Mmm, I'm not sure you do understand it. Here's a YouTube video that may help

XxNCSUxX
A "flat earther" cannot be taken seriously.
grantwolf
XxNCSUxX said:

It's still fun.
grantwolf
GuerrillaPack said:

grantwolf said:

Once again, the fallacy of argumentation of demanding complete answers to everything.
I don't need to know EVERYTHING. But a little info on the sun would be nice. On a flat earth, calculating its height in the sky would be elementary school level math, but for some reason, flat earther's can't figure that out?
GuerrillaPack
XxNCSUxX said:

No. Libtards who think it is "science" that there are 70 genders, that unborn children are "not human beings", and that we are "evolved monkeys" on a rock spinning and flying through space who came into existence "by random chance after a Big Bang explosion"....THOSE are the people who are TRULY crazy and cannot be taken seriously.
grantwolf
GuerrillaPack said:

grantwolf said:

Atmospheric conditions.

wait wait wait wait wait.

You want to tell me that the sun sets on the horizon because of some visual hocus pocus, appearing at the horizon while actually being high up in the sky (but nobody knows how high apparently), yet you can't fathom how light from across a lake might be manipulated by the same atmosphere?

GuerrillaPack
grantwolf said:

GuerrillaPack said:

grantwolf said:

Atmospheric conditions.

wait wait wait wait wait.

You want to tell me that the sun sets on the horizon because of some visual hocus pocus, appearing at the horizon while actually being high up in the sky (but nobody knows how high apparently), yet you can't fathom how light from across a lake might be manipulated by the same atmosphere?

You claim that visual "hocus pocus" allows a "mirage" (not an inverted image like a real mirage) to somehow "bend the light" thousands of feet allowing us to see the Chicago skyline and Milwaukee from 60-70 miles away.
XxNCSUxX
GuerrillaPack said:

XxNCSUxX said:

No. Libtards who think it is "science" that there are 70 genders, that unborn children are "not human beings", and that we are "evolved monkeys" on a rock spinning and flying through space who came into existence "by random chance after a Big Bang explosion"....THOSE are the people who are TRULY crazy and cannot be taken seriously.

We are on a sphere orbiting a star we call the Sun.

That is fact.

GuerrillaPack
XxNCSUxX said:

That is fact.

Nope. More theoretical nonsense, just like the theory of evolution and Big Bang theory, and "dark matter" theory and all of the other BS, from the faux "scientists" -- all concocted for the sole purpose of pushing an atheistic agenda and attacking belief in the Bible and God.
grantwolf
XxNCSUxX said:

GuerrillaPack said:

XxNCSUxX said:

That is fact.

That's just what THEY want you to believe.
GuerrillaPack
XxNCSUxX said:

That is fact.

The Marxist-run faux "scientific" Establishment (academia, Hollywood, Lamestream media, etc) also present the theory of evolution and Big Bang as if they were an "UNDENIABLE scientific fact".

The theory of evolution and Big Bang are THEORIES. They are NOT facts.

It's the same with the heliocentric theory, and the globular earth theory. They present them as if they are "facts", but it's not true. They are theories.

That's the facts, Jack.
Steven1974
GuerrillaPack said:

XxNCSUxX said:

That is fact.

Nope. More theoretical nonsense, just like the theory of evolution and Big Bang theory, and "dark matter" theory and all of the other BS, from the faux "scientists" -- all concocted for the sole purpose of pushing an atheistic agenda and attacking belief in the Bible and God.
Lay off the drugs, man.
GuerrillaPack
Steven1974 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

XxNCSUxX said:

That is fact.

Lay off the drugs, man.
Oh, so now you are reverting to Ad hominem smear tactics.

This is a desperation tactic, showing your side is losing the argument here.
XxNCSUxX
GuerrillaPack said:

XxNCSUxX said:

That is fact.

The Marxist-run faux "scientific" Establishment (academia, Hollywood, Lamestream media, etc) also present the theory of evolution and Big Bang as if they were an "UNDENIABLE scientific fact".

The theory of evolution and Big Bang are THEORIES. They are NOT facts.

It's the same with the heliocentric theory, and the globular earth theory. They present them as if they are "facts", but it's not true. They are theories.

That's the facts, Jack.

You are mixing theories of the Big Bang and evolution with the fact that we live on a sphere orbiting a star.

That's on you. Not me.
Steven1974
GuerrillaPack said:

Steven1974 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

XxNCSUxX said:

That is fact.

Lay off the drugs, man.
Oh, so now you are reverting to Ad hominem smear tactics.

This is a desperation tactic, showing your side is losing the argument here.
There is nothing to argue. The Earth is a sphere, so is the Sun and the Earth orbits around it. Anyone that tried to claim otherwise is void of all fact.
ConfuseusPack
I expect northwolf will next tell us how dinosaur bones were placed here by Satan to deceive us gullible libtard, Marxist, atheist scum. That's just a theory though.
GuerrillaPack
ConfuseusPack said:

I expect northwolf will next tell us how dinosaur bones were placed here by Satan to deceive us gullible libtard, Marxist, atheist scum. That's just a theory though.
Your Marxist overlords are doing that.
hokiewolf
grantwolf said:

Simply put, light doesn't work this way.

id ike to understand how they know the earth is a flat circle? Have you ever seen a road atlas? Those things are rectangular!
Originator of the Tony Adams Scale
ConfuseusPack
GuerrillaPack said:

ConfuseusPack said:

Your Marxist overlords are doing that.
Fred Flintstone with the zinger

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.