The "Flat Earth" movement - Could Establishment claims about the universe be false?

62,276 Views | 391 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by WolfpackUSC
Pacfanweb
How long do you want to ignore this user?
LOL.

So the Sun is bright enough to illuminate planets much farther away from it then the Earth is, but it's not bright enough to illuminate across a supposed flat earth.
When the sun is directly overhead, that would easily reach to both "ends" of the Earth. Atmosphere would not stop it. The light bulb example is laughable, because you're trying to show that the "ground"...in this case, the wall, is only illuminated and "bright" for a short distance. But even from a long distance away, there is still SOME light, and you can still see the light bulb itself. It's not, and never is, completely dark. That light bulb wouldn't be providing you any illumination to speak of from 100 yards away, but you'd still see the bulb itself just fine. Just like you'd see the Sun. You can see the sun from Pluto, but you can't see it from one side of a flat earth to another? LOL.

Your example makes absolutely no sense, but then again the fact that it doesn't makes sense...actually makes sense.

GuerrillaPack
Pacfanweb said:

LOL.

So the Sun is bright enough to illuminate planets much farther away from it then the Earth is, but it's not bright enough to illuminate across a supposed flat earth.

Makes absolutely no sense, but then again the fact that it doesn't makes sense...actually makes sense.

Those planets are NOT "much further away" from the sun than the sun is from the earth. Those supposed "distances" you are talking about (eg, "93 million miles" from the earth to the sun, etc) are based on the "orthodox" cosmological model (ie, heliocentrism, Big Bang, ever-expanding universe, etc), which is completely false.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
Pacfanweb
GuerrillaPack said:

Pacfanweb said:

LOL.

Makes absolutely no sense, but then again the fact that it doesn't makes sense...actually makes sense.

Those planets are NOT "much further away" from the sun than the sun is from the earth. Those supposed "distances" you are talking about (eg, "93 million miles" from the earth to the sun, etc) are based on the "orthodox" cosmological model (ie, heliocentrism, Big Bang, ever-expanding universe, etc), which is completely false.
Of course it is. Naturally, when presented with actual proof, your closed mind just reacts with "that's just false". and usually another youtube video made by some yahoo with zero credibility.

Sorry, but you can see planets that are farther away from the sun than Earth is. That's easy to prove with a simple telescope. You can literally see them and that they're farther away from the Earth than the Sun is, because the Sun is one one side, and the planet is on the other, Earth is between them. That means "farther away". We've literally pointed radar at some of them (including the Moon) and measured it.
GuerrillaPack
Pacfanweb said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Pacfanweb said:

LOL.

Of course it is. Naturally, when presented with actual proof, your closed mind just reacts with "that's just false". and usually another youtube video made by some yahoo with zero credibility.

Sorry, but you can see planets that are farther away from the sun than Earth is. That's easy to prove with a simple telescope. You can literally see them and that they're farther away from the Earth than the Sun is, because the Sun is one one side, and the planet is on the other, Earth is between them. That means "farther away". We've literally pointed radar at some of them (including the Moon) and measured it.
Where is your "proof"? I rarely see you post any actual evidence. I'm the one who is actually posting videos/articles with evidence.

"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
Pacfanweb
GuerrillaPack said:

Pacfanweb said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Pacfanweb said:

LOL.

Where is your "proof"? I rarely see you post any actual evidence. I'm the one who is actually posting videos/articles with evidence.

Centuries of science, dude.
All this stuff has been checked and rechecked millions of times over the years and proven.

I don't need to provide any YouTube videos for something that we all know already.

And anything from any legitimate source you'll just say is part of the conspiracy anyway, without even considering it... That's how closed minds work. You just automatically say everything else is false and whatever you believe is true and then claim you considered it when you really didn't.

What's really funny about the whole conspiracy nonsense is, nobody has said exactly WHY a flat Earth is being hidden from us and why they would tell us it was round instead. What the hell is the point? Not like they're hiding anything
GuerrillaPack
Pacfanweb said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Pacfanweb said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Pacfanweb said:

LOL.

Centuries of science, dude.
All this stuff has been checked and rechecked millions of times over the years and proven.

I don't need to provide any YouTube videos for something that we all know already.

And anything from any legitimate source you'll just say is part of the conspiracy anyway, without even considering it... That's how closed minds work. You just automatically say everything else is false and whatever you believe is true and then claim you considered it when you really didn't.

What's really funny about the whole conspiracy nonsense is, nobody has said exactly WHY a flat Earth is being hidden from us and why they would tell us it was round instead. What the hell is the point? Not like they're hiding anything
No. Actually, I already explained several times in this thread WHY this is being done -- including in detail in the initial post in the thread. So here we go again...the "orthodox" model of the universe (ie, Big Bang, evolution, heliocentric theory, spherical earth) has all been concocted by enemies of God (eg, Freemasons, etc) who have power in our society for the specific purpose of attacking the credibility of the Bible and to cause people to reject God. In short, it is an elaborate Satanic conspiracy.

As for proof, I've been providing numerous pieces of evidence in this thread that DISprove the "orthodox" model, and demonstrate how it is false.

You want to keep accusing me of being "close-minded". Isn't that projection on your part? Closed minds refuse to consider alternative arguments and evidence. That is exactly what you have admitted that YOU are doing here. You have admitted to me that you basically refuse to consider 99% of the evidence I'm providing.

My mind is not closed. You don't think I've ever considered the arguments for a spherical earth, the heliocentric model, and the rest of the Big Bang "orthodox" pseudo-scientific Establishment model of the universe? I've only had it SHOVED DOWN MY THROAT my entire life....just like everyone else -- via the Establishment "education" systems, Establishment media and Hollywood, etc. So I've considered all sides of these arguments. I've looked at both sides. But have most of those who believe the orthodox model? No. Most have only blindly believed what they've been told to believe, and never even thought to seriously question or examine if what they are told is true, and seriously consider alternative models/theories of the nature of the universe.

Civilized
GuerrillaPack said:

No. Actually, I already explained several times in this thread WHY this is being done -- including in detail in the initial post in the thread. So here we go again...the "orthodox" model of the universe (ie, Big Bang, evolution, heliocentric theory, spherical earth) has all been concocted by enemies of God (eg, Freemasons, etc) who have power in our society for the specific purpose of attacking the credibility of the Bible and to cause people to reject God. In short, it is an elaborate Satanic conspiracy.

As for proof, I've been providing numerous pieces of evidence in this thread that DISprove the "orthodox" model, and demonstrate how it is false.

You want to keep accusing me of being "close-minded". Isn't that projection on your part? Closed minds refuse to consider alternative arguments and evidence. That is exactly what you have admitted that YOU are doing here. You have admitted to me that you basically refuse to consider 99% of the evidence I'm providing.

My mind is not closed. You don't think I've ever considered the arguments for a spherical earth, the heliocentric model, and the rest of the Big Bang "orthodox" pseudo-scientific Establishment model of the universe? I've only had it SHOVED DOWN MY THROAT my entire life....just like everyone else -- via the Establishment "education" systems, Establishment media and Hollywood, etc. So I've considered all sides of these arguments. I've looked at both sides. But have most of those who believe the orthodox model? No. Most have only blindly believed what they've been told to believe, and never even thought to seriously question or examine if what they are told is true, and seriously consider alternative models/theories of the nature of the universe.

You need to be honest with yourself and just say that you're prioritizing faith over science.

Empirical, evidence-based science conflicts with your faith so you reject science because it's more comfortable than re-evaluating your faith.

That's your prerogative, but let's not pretend like that's not what's happening.

GuerrillaPack
Civilized said:

You need to be honest with yourself and just say that you're prioritizing faith over science.

Empirical, evidence-based science conflicts with your faith so you reject science because it's more comfortable than re-evaluating your faith.

That's your prerogative, but let's not pretend like that's not what's happening.

You want to talk about having "faith" and ignoring evidence-based science? Then look no further than the theory of evolution or the Big Bang theory. Those two theories are RELIGIOUS beliefs. They have zero real evidence to support them. None. It's all pure theory, and preposterous theories at that...that defy all common sense and what we can observe.

It takes a LOT more "faith" to believe that all matter just exploded and by "random chance" life formed out of nothing, and we "evolved" from bacteria and monkies -- than it does to believe that there is a Higher Power that created us.

The theory of evolution and the Big Bang are not "science" at all. They are pseudo-science. More like science fiction. Real and true "science" is based on what we actually observe and can measure.

Can you be honest and admit that the theory of evolution and the Big Bang are pure theory and require "faith", and that they prioritize this faith in a theory over real science?

And guess what? The heliocentric model and the spherical earth model are ALSO theoretical. They have NOT been proven by actual observation and evidence.

Yes, I have faith that what God's word in the Bible says is true -- when it says that the earth is not moving, and that it is flat, and has a solid "firmament" dome over it that contains the atmosphere. But I also see that the REAL evidence and REAL science backs up what the Bible says. I talked about, for example, the fact that numerous scientific experiments have been done that prove that the earth is stationary and not moving -- with the Michelson-Morley experiments of the early 1900s being the most famous of these. And then look, for instance, at the fact that we are able to see much farther than should be possible if the earth was a globe/sphere -- with the example of seeing the Chicago skyline from over 60 miles away the most well-known example.

And those are just two examples. I've discussed many of other problems with the "orthodox" model of the universe, and provided evidence and arguments which proves that it is false -- including the constellations staying the same for thousands of years, the earth's atmosphere needing a container, no evidence of a "coriolis effect", NASA's fake CGI "photographs" of earth and their many other hoaxes/lies, etc.
GuerrillaPack
Pacfanweb said:

When the sun is directly overhead, that would easily reach to both "ends" of the Earth. Atmosphere would not stop it. The light bulb example is laughable, because you're trying to show that the "ground"...in this case, the wall, is only illuminated and "bright" for a short distance. But even from a long distance away, there is still SOME light, and you can still see the light bulb itself. It's not, and never is, completely dark. That light bulb wouldn't be providing you any illumination to speak of from 100 yards away, but you'd still see the bulb itself just fine.

There are limits to how far you would be able to see the bulb -- from the perspective of (hypothetically) a tiny person or ant on the floor with their eye at the level of the floor -- to simulate as if the floor was acting as the earth and the light bulb acting as the sun. Imagine if the wall was a floor, with the light bulb only located an inch or two above the floor. As you go out away in horizontal distance from the light bulb, at some point (maybe several yards or dozens of yards, but at SOME limit), the light bulb will actually not be visible from the perspective of something with their eye level at the floor.

Why can't it be seen? Because of the limits of angular resolution.

Here is a video discussing angular resolution and demonstrating this (see very beginning of the video with a coin moved across a table becoming not visible after only a few feet):

Steve Videtich
Is there any proof that this dome, edge of the earth, even exists? How do people travel around the world by plane and by boat, circle the globe, using a compass and computer guided direction and not run into a dome?
Glasswolf
Is the moon round or is it flat? Or is that not really the moon at all?

Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

Pacfanweb
GuerrillaPack said:

So flat Earth is a conspiracy to get people to reject god.

That is so utterly ridiculous that I can't even laugh at it.

There's not a single thing about the Earth being round that requires you to "reject god".

First off, the bible absolutely, 100% never says the Earth is flat. There's nobody that knows more about the bible than the Catholic church, and none of them say that's what the bible says. The quotes folks like you provide are deliberately taken out of context by ignoramuses who want to mislead people.

Santa Claus is literally closer to real and credible than a single link you've ever posted on this subject.

These facts weren't "shoved down your throat". They were taught. They are facts.

Oh, and your bit about the light bulb: Totally wrong, as usual, and laughable how you're trying to wriggle out of that one when the example bit you in the rear.

As Civilized has said, you have to consider some things as fact at some point, and stop questioning them in order to move on as a society and advance. (paraphrased)

As I've said once before, you're either a very well-executed, long-term troll, or completely and utterly delusional.

For your sake, I hope it's the former, but if it's the latter I hope one day you get the help you need, because you are simply pitiful if that's the case.

GuerrillaPack
Pacfanweb said:

So flat Earth is a conspiracy to get people to reject god.

That is so utterly ridiculous that I can't even laugh at it.

There's not a single thing about the Earth being round that requires you to "reject god".

First off, the bible absolutely, 100% never says the Earth is flat. There's nobody that knows more about the bible than the Catholic church, and none of them say that's what the bible says. The quotes folks like you provide are deliberately taken out of context by ignoramuses who want to mislead people.

Santa Claus is literally closer to real and credible than a single link you've ever posted on this subject.

These facts weren't "shoved down your throat". They were taught. They are facts.

Oh, and your bit about the light bulb: Totally wrong, as usual, and laughable how you're trying to wriggle out of that one when the example bit you in the rear.

As Civilized has said, you have to consider some things as fact at some point, and stop questioning them in order to move on as a society and advance. (paraphrased)

As I've said once before, you're either a very well-executed, long-term troll, or completely and utterly delusional.

For your sake, I hope it's the former, but if it's the latter I hope one day you get the help you need, because you are simply pitiful if that's the case.

The Bible describes there being "four corners of the earth" (Revelation 7:1), there being "ends of the earth" (Job 37:3), and that the earth is "set on foundations" (Psalm 104:5) . A sphere that is floating out in space does not have "corners" or "ends", nor can it be set on a foundation.

It is blatantly obvious that the "orthodox" pseudo-scientific model of the universe (Big Bang, evolution, heliocentrism, globular earth) is the anti-thesis of what the Bible says about the universe. The Bible says that the earth is stationary and immovable, flat, and that the sun and stars are the ones moving and rotating about the earth. The "orthodox" pseudo-scientific model of the universe was concocted in order to allegedly "disprove" what the Bible says, and render the Bible as "unreliable" and "inaccurate" and therefore "not the word of God". The "orthodox" model is a justification for atheism and says that we are descendants of monkies on a rock flying through space, all resulting from "pure accident" after a big explosion.

I'm not trying to "wiggle out" of anything in regards to the analogy of a light bulb not being to illuminate an entire wall. I have explained how this accurately simulates how the sun cannot be seen over the entire flat earth.

I consider things as "fact" when they pass the test for truthfullness, and are backed by logic and evidence. Pseudo-scientific theories such as the Big Bang and evolution are completely illogical and do not have one shred of evidence to support them. And why should I trust a "scientific" Establishment that peddles nonsense such as the Big Bang and evolution as if those theories were "factual"? Those two theories are SO UTTERLY RIDICULOUS that anything these people say should be held as highly suspect -- ie, they are part of an agenda to deceive people. And then, when I go and investigate the helicentric model and the globe earth model, I also find that the evidence does not support these theories either. And I've provided voluminous amounts of evidence in this thread disproving the heliocentric and globe earth theories.

Call me "pitiful" and an "idiot" all you want. I could not care less about your attempts to mock and smear me. In fact, I actually love it when people of your "caliber" attack me for standing up for what is true and for standing by the Bible.

Matthew 5:10-12 - "Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven"
dogplasma
Those YouTube videos are fascinating. By which I mean, they demonstrate a whole area of armchair science that I never knew existed. Sometimes they do make you think - not about a flat earth, but about some physical effect, like why the coin actually disappears from view on the table.

I will give Flat Earthers some credit - based on the videos, they seem more focused on trying to provide proof for their belief than, say, Creationists, who have always seemed to spend 99% of their time trying to find some nit to pick with evolutionary science rather than developing sound scientific arguments to support their proposition.
GuerrillaPack
Steve Videtich said:

Is there any proof that this dome, edge of the earth, even exists? How do people travel around the world by plane and by boat, circle the globe, using a compass and computer guided direction and not run into a dome?
Has anyone ever seen an alleged "black hole"? Has anyone ever seen the supposed "magma core" of the earth? No, no one has ever observed either of those things. Yet, billions of people are made to believe that those things actually exist.

The Bible makes it absolutely clear that there is a solid "firmament" dome (made of something like a crystal - Ezekiel 1:22) that is above the earth, containing the earth's atmosphere. And even if the Bible didn't tell us this, it is completely logical -- since some type of "container" is needed to hold the earth's atmosphere. Basic science tells us that atmospheric/air pressure cannot exist without a container of the gas.

We don't know exactly how high this dome is located above the earth, but based on everything else we know (eg, how high we've gone in high altitude balloons, etc) it's probably located at least 25 miles above the earth. We also don't know exactly where this firmament/dome comes down to "attach" to the surface of the earth. It must be somewhere well beyond the coastline of Antarctica -- ie, viewing Antarctica as a landmass that surrounds all the world's oceans on a flat earth model.

I think it's highly likely that various governments have encountered/observed this firmament or have solid evidence of its existence, and have kept it secret from the general public. There is an international treaty that prevents "regular citizens" from setting foot on Antarctica and exploring it. The only way for a person to visit Antarctica is via special permission from the government, and even then you are only allowed to set foot on the landmass via a special "tour" in a few specific areas. Many people theorize that the reason for this strict control of access to Antarctica is that governments are hiding something -- eg, the firmament, etc.
Steve Videtich
GuerrillaPack said:

Steve Videtich said:

Has anyone ever seen an alleged "black hole"? Has anyone ever seen the supposed "magma core" of the earth? No, no one has ever observed either of those things. Yet, billions of people are made to believe that those things actually exist.

The Bible makes it absolutely clear that there is a solid "firmament" dome (made of something like a crystal - Ezekiel 1:22) that is above the earth, containing the earth's atmosphere. And even if the Bible didn't tell us this, it is completely logical -- since some type of "container" is needed to hold the earth's atmosphere. Basic science tells us that atmospheric/air pressure cannot exist without a container of the gas.

We don't know exactly how high this dome is located above the earth, but based on everything else we know (eg, how high we've gone in high altitude balloons, etc) it's probably located at least 25 miles above the earth. We also don't know exactly where this firmament/dome comes down to "attach" to the surface of the earth. It must be somewhere well beyond the coastline of Antarctica -- ie, viewing Antarctica as a landmass that surrounds all the world's oceans on a flat earth model.

I think it's highly likely that various governments have encountered/observed this firmament or have solid evidence of it's existence, and have kept it secret from the general public. There is an international treaty that prevents "regular citizens" from setting foot on Antarctica and exploring it. The only way for a person to visit Antarctica is via special permission from the government, and even then you are only allowed to set foot on the landmass via a special "tour" in a few certain areas. Many people theorize that the reason for this strict control of access to Antarctica is that governments are hiding something -- eg, the firmament, etc.

So, all of the polar routes that airlines take to go from one side of the world to the other are not accurate and false? That doesn't really happen? What about around the world flights and boat travels that are done by following a compass? Are these people just traveling in a big circle in the dome? Is the compass a fraud as well?

And as far as the dome being there but no physical proof existing. You are saying that you believe that in faith from the Bible and all the physical proof of flat earth science. Yet you mock those that believe in a round earth, that have seen pictures from space and have science to prove it. Why is it that your science is more accurate than ours and were the fools? We have actual pictures and physical proof of our model. You provide a cartoon drawing of yours and say that your right.

Which one do you think is a bigger stretch of the imagination?
Civilized
GuerrillaPack said:

Steve Videtich said:

I think it's highly likely that various governments have encountered/observed this firmament or have solid evidence of its existence, and have kept it secret from the general public. There is an international treaty that prevents "regular citizens" from setting foot on Antarctica and exploring it. The only way for a person to visit Antarctica is via special permission from the government, and even then you are only allowed to set foot on the landmass via a special "tour" in a few specific areas. Many people theorize that the reason for this strict control of access to Antarctica is that governments are hiding something -- eg, the firmament, etc.

How do space launches not hit the dome?
GuerrillaPack
Steve Videtich said:

So, all of the polar routes that airlines take to go from one side of the world to the other are not accurate and false? That doesn't really happen? What about around the world flights and boat travels that are done by following a compass? Are these people just traveling in a big circle in the dome? Is the compass a fraud as well?

And as far as the dome being there but no physical proof existing. You are saying that you believe that in faith from the Bible and all the physical proof of flat earth science. Yet you mock those that believe in a round earth, that have seen pictures from space and have science to prove it. Why is it that your science is more accurate than ours and were the fools? We have actual pictures and physical proof of our model. You provide a cartoon drawing of yours and say that your right.

Ironically, it is NASA that actually provides us with cartoon drawings. Have you ever seen all the "photos" from NASA allegedly of the planets, etc? They are all obvious artist renderings and CGI, and not real photographs.

The "pictures of earth from space" provided by NASA are just as fake as the supposed "moon landings". If you haven't researched the "moon landings" enough to see that they were hoaxed, you really need to. That is really is essentially a necessary "starting point" for anyone to be "open" to consideration of the flat earth view.

The "photos" of earth from NASA contain numerous obvious problems. Most glaringly, the various images of the earth that they have put out over the years show the earth with land and sea with huge differences in color, and continents that vary greatly in size/dimension. Just compare the size of North America in the 2012 image from NASA to the others.

Here is the official NASA link for that 2012 image, with North America looking like it takes up half of the freaking globe. At this link, NASA admits that the image is a "composite" -- meaning it was created by combining different photographs allegedly taken from satellites in lower earth orbit.

https://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/imagegallery/image_feature_2159.html

Another example...just look at this supposed "video" NASA says it took in 2015 "from a satellite located about a million miles from Earth":

The link to the video on NASA's official website: https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/from-a-million-miles-away-nasa-camera-shows-moon-crossing-face-of-earth

That video is so obviously fake, and made via CGI. The "moon" looks ridiculously unrealistic and fake. Also, notice how the clouds on the earth never "morph" or change shape, even though this video was supposedly shot over a span of 5 hours.
Pacfanweb
So how did they make those same videos in the 70's and 80's when there was no CGI?

Plenty of vintage footage of Earth from space in this documentary.

And it's laughable that you say those pictures are "obvious CGI". You know nothing about CGI if you think that.
Pacfanweb
Steve Videtich said:

All the rockets and satellites humans have shot into space seem to pokes holes in the dome theory.
Steve Videtich
GuerrillaPack said:

Steve Videtich said:

Ironically, it is NASA that actually provides us with cartoon drawings. Have you ever seen all the "photos" from NASA allegedly of the planets, etc? They are all obvious artist renderings and CGI, and not real photographs.

The "pictures of earth from space" provided by NASA are just as fake as the supposed "moon landings". If you haven't researched the "moon landings" enough to see that they were hoaxed, you really need to. That is really is essentially a necessary "starting point" for anyone to be "open" to consideration of the flat earth view.

The "photos" of earth from NASA contain numerous obvious problems. Most glaringly, the various images of the earth that they have put out over the years show the earth with land and sea with huge differences in color, and continents that vary greatly in size/dimension. Just compare the size of North America in the 2012 image from NASA to the others.

Here is the official NASA link for that 2012 image, with North America looking like it takes up half of the freaking globe. At this link, NASA admits that the image is a "composite" -- meaning it was created by combining different photographs allegedly taken from satellites in lower earth orbit.

Another example...just look at this supposed "video" NASA says it took in 2015 "from a satellite located about a million miles from Earth":

The link to the video on NASA's official website: https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/from-a-million-miles-away-nasa-camera-shows-moon-crossing-face-of-earth

That video is so obviously fake, and made via CGI. The "moon" looks ridiculously unrealistic and fake. Also, notice how the clouds on the earth never "morph" or change shape, even though this video was supposedly shot over a span of 5 hours.

Ha, your faith and belief have an excuse for everything that many believe about a round earth. Yet, all of your belief is built around disproving a round earth and not actually proving a flat earth. That's an awful lot of pics that have been faked. The one chance you have to put up real proof of flat earth, you put up an animation of what is "thought" not proven. When I ask about the proof of dome and earth edge, you throw out another government conspiracy and cover up.

I enjoy discussing and debating topics with people, because it's how we learn. It's how people get along, or at least used to. The flat earth movement spends all their time disproving the excepted reality, and no time proving their message. I'm done following this thread, even for entertainment.
Pacfanweb
Oh, that's funny. I didn't watch that last video until just now....he's saying THAT is an example of the fakery, when it's clearly a simulated animation? LOL.

NASA isn't representing that as an actual video of the Earth rotating, it's just to show a certain thing, and they used a still photo and rotated it. PLENTY of videos exist of the Earth rotating and clouds/storm systems moving around.

Yet the close-minded deceiver intentionally chooses one that's not and posts what is essentially a lie.
GuerrillaPack
Pacfanweb said:

So how did they make those same videos in the 70's and 80's when there was no CGI?

And it's laughable that you say those pictures are "obvious CGI". You know nothing about CGI if you think that.
Here is supposed "video" of the lunar lander blasting off from the surface of the moon from the Apollo 17 mission. Do you actually think this is real? It's RIDICULOUS. It's so obviously fake that it boggles the mind.

This YouTube video is on the Smithsonian's official channel, by the way. And go look at the comments to the video. Nobody is buying it. 95%+ of the comments are calling it out as the obvious fakery that it is.
Pacfanweb
GuerrillaPack said:

Pacfanweb said:

Here is supposed "video" of the lunar lander blasting off from the surface of the moon from the Apollo 17 mission. Do you actually think this is real? It's RIDICULOUS. It's so obviously fake that it boggles the mind.

This YouTube video is on the Smithsonian's official channel, by the way. And go look at the comments to the video. Nobody is buying it. 95%+ of the comments are calling it out as the obvious fakery that it is.
Looks real to me. Sure as hell is a lot more real than the simulation that you just tried to represent as NASA lying to us.

Funny thing is, you're sitting here criticizing NASA's stuff for CGI fakery, and you can't even tell a simulated video from one of the real ones. Remember, you just posted a NASA video and said it was one they were passing off as the Earth rotating, but the "clouds don't even move".

Remember that? First off, they are NOT doing what you said they were....nobody is saying that was a live video, much less "5 hours of filming" as you said. It's a picture of the Earth, that they used for a simulated video.
And you either couldn't even tell the difference in that, or you intentionally lied about it and thought we wouldn't notice?

Now which is it?

And NOW you're going to come here and critique an old video (which is 100% legit, btw) and say it's "obviously fake"?

Pacfanweb
Steve Videtich said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Steve Videtich said:

Ha, your faith and belief have an excuse for everything that many believe about a round earth. Yet, all of your belief is built around disproving a round earth and not actually proving a flat earth. That's an awful lot of pics that have been faked. The one chance you have to put up real proof of flat earth, you put up an animation of what is "thought" not proven. When I ask about the proof of dome and earth edge, you throw out another government conspiracy and cover up.

I enjoy discussing and debating topics with people, because it's how we learn. It's how people get along, or at least used to. The flat earth movement spends all their time disproving the excepted reality, and no time proving their message. I'm done following this thread, even for entertainment.
You're probably right. It's more likely to convince a UNCheat fan that Roy Knew, Dean Knew and UNC cheated. It's about the same level of willingly blind belief.
GuerrillaPack
Pacfanweb said:

Steve Videtich said:

All the rockets and satellites humans have shot into space seem to pokes holes in the dome theory.
No. Because no humans or satellites have actually gone into "space". You can't go that high up. There is a limit to how high you can go -- ie, the firmament.

NASA admits that they no longer have the technology to go to the moon (which they never had). You want me to post again the video of them admitting that? They also say that they can currently go no higher than "low earth orbit". Of course, all that is a lie anyway. Because the International Space Station is fake, and they do not actually send humans up to that either.

The only satellites that are up over the earth are actually carried by balloons. Don't believe me? There's actually video on YouTube of them launching these balloons with the "satellites" attached to the balloon.

That video, by the way, is from one of NASA's official YouTube channels. Just open it in YouTube.
Glasswolf

Looks round to me

Civilized
GuerrillaPack said:

No. Because no humans or satellites have actually gone into "space". You can't go that high up. There is a limit to how high you can go -- ie, the firmament.

NASA admits that they no longer have the technology to go to the moon (which they never had). You want me to post again the video of them admitting that? They also say that they can currently go no higher than "low earth orbit". Of course, all that is a lie anyway. Because the International Space Station is fake, and they do not actually send k up to that either.

The only satellites that are up over the earth are actually carried by balloons. Don't believe me? There's actually video on YouTube of them launching these balloons with the "satellites" attached to the balloon.

That video, by the way, is from one of NASA's official YouTube channels. Just open it in YouTube.

So...

Moon landing...fake.
Mars rovers...fake.
Voyager 1 and 2 explorations...fake.
ISS...fake.
Christina Koch, recent NC State grad astronaut...liar.
All other American astronauts that ever looked out and saw the spherical earth and took pictures or described it...liars.
All international ISS astronauts and their space agencies...liars.
All NASA employees involved with these missions...liars.
NASA families...Did they get lied too, or are they in on it?
Elon Musk...liar.
Ever scientist involved with SpaceX crafts and launches...liars.

And on and on.

Why would all these engineers and scientists and astronauts forsake science and lie about their experiences designing and executing space launches and experiencing space exploration?

How would you get thousands of people from different countries to all tell the same lies over and over again, with no one ever breaking rank or spilling the beans?
GuerrillaPack
Steve Videtich said:

My "one" chance? "No time proving their message"? Sorry, man...that's completely false. I've been posting evidence for the flat earth in this entirety of this thread -- such as pointing out that water always finds its level (ie, ponds, lakes, and other bodies of water are always completely flat), that we can see things from great distances consistent with the earth being flat (such as the entire Chicago skyline from over 60 miles away across lake Michigan), etc.

And I acknowledged that I don't have concrete evidence (such as a photograph or video) of the firmament. No one does. And it's not reasonable to demand that it exist. If you can't understand that and it's not good enough for you and you don't want to discuss/debate this any more, then so be it. Not my problem. Anyone can see that I'm trying to answer questions, and that I'm genuinely trying to have a respectful debate. So bye.
GuerrillaPack
Glasswolf said:

Looks round to me
We talked about this on page 3 of this thread. The Felix Baumgartner jump used a GoPro camera which has a fisheye lens. A fisheye lens distorts the horizon, giving it an artificial curve. That jump was from around 128,000 ft in altitude. At that altitude the horizon is actually flat (as it always is).

Don't believe me? Do you believe Neil DeGrasse Tyson then? He admits in this video that the Baumgartner jump used a "wide angle lens" that distorted the horizon giving it an artificial curve, and that at that altitude the horizon would be flat. Tyson actually says "it's flat".

And here is proof of a flat horizon from that altitude...

There have been many high altitude balloons launched recently with cameras (not having fish-eyed lenses) which show a totally flat horizon. Here is one from around 120,000 feet showing a flat horizon:

Glasswolf
Still looks round to me. I'll take the word of my FIL that use to work for NASA (The retired Minister) He also has an electrical engineering degree from Clemson. No amount of crazy video's and crap will change peoples mind. You are in the minority.

Wonder what conspiracy theory you are going to post next quarter?

I do believe in Santa Clause and the moon being made of cheese.

GuerrillaPack
Pacfanweb said:

Looks real to me. Sure as hell is a lot more real than the simulation that you just tried to represent as NASA lying to us.

Funny thing is, you're sitting here criticizing NASA's stuff for CGI fakery, and you can't even tell a simulated video from one of the real ones. Remember, you just posted a NASA video and said it was one they were passing off as the Earth rotating, but the "clouds don't even move".

Remember that? First off, they are NOT doing what you said they were....nobody is saying that was a live video, much less "5 hours of filming" as you said. It's a picture of the Earth, that they used for a simulated video.
And you either couldn't even tell the difference in that, or you intentionally lied about it and thought we wouldn't notice?

Now which is it?

And NOW you're going to come here and critique an old video (which is 100% legit, btw) and say it's "obviously fake"?

Are you talking about the supposed video from 2015 of the "dark side of the moon passing in front of the earth"? That's not ONE image. NASA admits on it's website that it is a series of "actual satellite images " (PLURAL...images).

https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/from-a-million-miles-away-nasa-camera-shows-moon-crossing-face-of-earth

Quote:

This animation features actual satellite images of the far side of the moon, illuminated by the sun, as it crosses between the DSCOVR spacecraft's Earth Polychromatic Imaging Camera (EPIC) and telescope, and the Earth - one million miles away.

[...]

These images were taken between 3:50 p.m. and 8:45 p.m. EDT on July 16, showing the moon moving over the Pacific Ocean near North America.

Guess what a video consists of? A series of images.

So that "animation" is effectively a video -- containing supposedly "real" photographs.

And you never see the cloud formations change or morph at all -- proving that the images are faked. In addition to all the other things showing it is fake, such as that completely bogus looking image of the "dark side of the moon".
GuerrillaPack
Glasswolf said:

Still looks round to me. I'll take the word of my FIL that use to work for NASA (The retired Minister) He also has an electrical engineering degree from Clemson. No amount of crazy video's and crap will change peoples mind. You are in the minority.

I'm glad to be in the minority. Those who see the truth and will be saved are also in the minority. Satan "deceives the whole world" (the majority).

The vast majority of people are deceived. Only a few find the truth.

Revelation 12:9 - "So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world"

Matthew 7:13-14 - "Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."
Steve Videtich
GuerrillaPack said:

Steve Videtich said:

My "one" chance? "No time proving their message"? Sorry, man...that's completely false. I've been posting evidence for the flat earth in this entirety of this thread -- such as pointing out that water always finds its level (ie, ponds, lakes, and other bodies of water are always completely flat), that we can see things from great distances consistent with the earth being flat (such as the entire Chicago skyline from over 60 miles away across lake Michigan), etc.

And I acknowledged that I don't have concrete evidence (such as a photograph or video) of the firmament. No one does. And it's not reasonable to demand that it exist. If you can't understand that and it's not good enough for you and you don't want to discuss/debate this any more, then so be it. Not my problem. Anyone can see that I'm trying to answer questions, and that I'm genuinely trying to have a respectful debate. So bye.

No, you haven't posted proof. You've posted videos made by people that believe what you do. Those videos are filled with half truths and rhetoric that to a small minded person, sounds reasonable. They attack the round earth thoughts, they don't prove the flat earth model.

Round earth has photos and videos of the earth that prove it's round. Your response is that they're fake. That's the equivalent of "because I said so!" When asked for proof, there's a convenient gov't conspiracy that doesn't allow you to.
Glasswolf
GuerrillaPack said:

Glasswolf said:

I'm glad to be in the minority. Those who see the truth and will be saved are also in the minority. Satan "deceives the whole world" (the majority).

The vast majority of people are deceived. Only a few find the truth.

Revelation 12:9 - "So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world"

Matthew 7:13-14 - "Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."
Guess I need to tell my father in law he has been deceived and is going to hell

And those may be the dumbest things you've ever posted in any topic. Is that suppose to prove the earth is flat?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.