The "Flat Earth" movement - Could Establishment claims about the universe be false?

68,707 Views | 445 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by grantwolf
grantwolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GuerrillaPack said:

grantwolf said:

I just don't understand how the smartest guys in the room (the ones that have debunked the 2,500+ year-old myth of a globe Earth) aren't able to calculate the sizes of the sun and the moon, nor their distance from the Earth.
broken record
I've yet to see you respond, other than to say that you don't necessarily agree with one of the videos you yourself posted as evidence of a Flat Earth.

This would be some of the most basic of basic information to gather....
GuerrillaPack
Short compilation of International FAKE Station "bloopers" showing the green screen failures and the wires they use to fake "weightlessness". Keep in mind that this is only a very small number of the "glitches" that have been noticed from official NASA footage. Also, as with many other subjects, these type of videos are now hard to find using the search feature on YouTube, as YouTube deliberately suppresses and censors videos on this subject.

https://instagr.am/p/C5zympru2Lu
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
grantwolf
Rather than getting your evidence from corny video montages of suspect origin, you could watch a very long video tour of the ISS. Surely it must be filled with very obvious strings, wires and bubbles. I'm sure you won't watch it...but you probably should.

ISS Tour
dogplasma
grantwolf said:

I just don't understand how the smartest guys in the room (the ones that have debunked the 2,500+ year-old myth of a globe Earth) aren't able to calculate the sizes of the sun and the moon, nor their distance from the Earth.
To me it's similar to Creationism in that 95% or more of the effort is spent trying to conjure up flaws and sow doubt in the accepted science and only the little bit left over is spent trying to form some sort of 'rational' argument. If it were a serious effort those percentages would be reversed.
GuerrillaPack
grantwolf said:

I've yet to see you respond, other than to say that you don't necessarily agree with one of the videos you yourself posted as evidence of a Flat Earth.

I think what I said when you asked this same question for the 20th time earlier...was that "I don't know".

It's ok to admit that we don't know something. Your vaunted priests of the pseudo "scientific" Establishment don't know everything either. And in rare moments of honesty, they will admit that they actually don't know much at all about our physical universe. That's why virtually everything they propagate is THEORIES -- eg, theory of evolution, Big Bang theory, theory of relativity, etc etc etc. And the heliocentric model is also a theory. So is the idea of a "spherical" earth.

The priests of the faux scientific Establishment used to have a consensus that the sun was"4 million" miles from the earth. Then they changed it several times before now settling on "93 million". That's wrong too.

So THERE. I answered your question that you've asked 20 times for about the 3rd or 4th time now.

"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
GuerrillaPack
grantwolf said:

Rather than getting your evidence from corny video montages of suspect origin, you could watch a very long video tour of the ISS. Surely it must be filled with very obvious strings, wires and bubbles. I'm sure you won't watch it...but you probably should.

ISS Tour
I don't have to watch HOURS of footage they've edited to take out their glitches and fails. It's much more productive and enlightening to watch all the footage with their mistakes -- which proves that they are faking these things.
grantwolf
GuerrillaPack said:

grantwolf said:

So THERE. I answered your question that you've asked 20 times for about the 3rd or 4th time now.

Got it. Your answer to "how big is the sun" is "I have no idea". Your answer to "how far away is the sun" is "I have no idea". Your answer to "how big is the moon" is "i have no idea". And your answer to "how far away is the moon" is "I have no idea".

With all of our current knowledge of math and science....you don't think we'd know these answers? Or do you think the "they" know, but "they" aren't telling us?

Seems like "they" must be a lot smarter than everyone else.

grantwolf
GuerrillaPack said:

grantwolf said:

ISS Tour
I don't have to watch HOURS of footage they've edited to take out their glitches and fails. It's much more productive and enlightening to watch all the footage with their mistakes -- which proves that they are faking these things.
Riiight. Got it. Their CGI would make ILM blush.
GuerrillaPack
grantwolf said:

With all of our current knowledge of math and science....you don't think we'd know these answers? Or do you think the "they" know, but "they" aren't telling us?

Sure, the scientific Establishment that now peddles such preposterous lies as "70 genders" and an "unborn child is not a human being" are just "smarter than everyone". Maybe evil geniuses. But certainly not giving us "undeniable truth".

The critical thing to know about the "Establishment" is that they are LIARS. That's what this debate between so-called "conspiracy theorists" and those who believe the "mainstream"/Establishment (on a variety of issues, not just cosmology and NASA...but covid, "climate change", etc) all boils down to. The "conspiracy theorists" have seen the evidence that proves the Establishment are a pack of liars pushing an agenda (ie, a communist, atheistic, anti-Christian agenda).

For example, I've provided evidence just in posts from the last 2 days (from "official" NASA footage) showing that the ISS footage is faked -- with green screens, wires. And you don't want to discuss that specific evidence. You want to ignore that, and divert discussion back to asking me for the 20th time the distances of the earth to the sun and moon.
hokiewolf
I'm amazed that an engineer would believe such hogwash
GuerrillaPack
hokiewolf said:

The real hogwash is the idea the we are evolved monkeys on a rock spinning and flying through space at millions of miles an hour after a "big bang" explosion, and we came into existence by pure accident after lightning struck the primordial soup and inorganic matter turned into amoebas which turned into fish and then monkeys and then us.

THAT is the height of absurdity. I'm amazed that anyone can believe that nonsense for 2 seconds. And that's what the Establishment would have us believe is "undeniable science"??

But I'm "soooooo craaaazy" because I dare to question that these people might also be lying about the shape of the earth. Rrrrriiiight.
ncsupack1
These threads at times are great when having a drink…lol
I'd love to see how some of you function at work?
TheStorm
ncsupack1 said:

I could imagine you there at the water cooler just innocently egging on both sides for nothing but the pure entertainment value... amiright?
ncsupack1
TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

I could imagine you there at the water cooler just innocently egging on both sides for nothing but the pure entertainment value... amiright?

you dang right…lol
grantwolf
TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

grantwolf
GuerrillaPack said:

hokiewolf said:

The real hogwash is the idea the we are evolved monkeys on a rock spinning and flying through space at millions of miles an hour after a "big bang" explosion, and we came into existence by pure accident after lightning struck the primordial soup and inorganic matter turned into amoebas which turned into fish and then monkeys and then us.

THAT is the height of absurdity. I'm amazed that anyone can believe that nonsense for 2 seconds. And that's what the Establishment would have us believe is "undeniable science"??

But I'm "soooooo craaaazy" because I dare to question that these people might also be lying about the shape of the earth. Rrrrriiiight.
I get the whole "don't just blindly trust authority" angle...and it's fine to be skeptical. Hell, I try my best to have my base stance on news sources to be skeptical.

But when you can look up at in the sky and see evidence that the Earth is a sphere, or just stand on a beach and watch ships go over the horizon....you'd think you'd let that whole flat Earth nonsense go by the wayside.
grantwolf
GuerrillaPack said:

grantwolf said:

For example, I've provided evidence just in posts from the last 2 days (from "official" NASA footage) showing that the ISS footage is faked -- with green screens, wires. And you don't want to discuss that specific evidence. You want to ignore that, and divert discussion back to asking me for the 20th time the distances of the earth to the sun and moon.
*sigh*...Not that you'll watch this with the same amount of skepticism you watched that cringe-worthy Instagram montage....but here you go.

debunking "fake" NASA videos
Steven1974
grantwolf said:

GuerrillaPack said:

hokiewolf said:

I get the whole "don't just blindly trust authority" angle...and it's fine to be skeptical. Hell, I try my best to have my base stance on news sources to be skeptical.

But when you can look up at in the sky and see evidence that the Earth is a sphere, or just stand on a beach and watch ships go over the horizon....you'd think you'd let that whole flat Earth nonsense go by the wayside.
Hell, I'd like to know how these idiots explain a sphere they can hold in their hand, such as a baseball. It's certainly not flat, so why would they think the Earth is.
GuerrillaPack
Another video exposing the green screens and wires/harnesses used to fake the "ISS footage":

https://instagr.am/p/C7jhXwoOn6j
TheStorm
Oh, good grief... why did y'all have to get him started again?
GuerrillaPack
Milwaukee city lights can be seen at night from across Lake Michigan from 80 miles away. If the earth were a magic spinning sphere as they tell us, that would be impossible as the tallest building in Milwaukee should be hidden by around 3,100 ft of non-existent "earth curvature". A local television Lamestream news report on it in this video below. They try to explain it away, saying it is a "mirage".

By the way, this isn't all that surprising. This is why lighthouses have been used for hundreds of years to guide ships. The lights from the lighthouses can be seen from dozens of miles out at sea, and are not hidden by "earth curvature". So I guess seafaring ships were counting on a "mirage" existing every night to be able to see the lighthouses from 30-40+ miles out at sea? Lol

https://instagr.am/p/C8cHfB3Okq4
dogplasma
So I'm clear: Refraction of light doesn't work for you when it's happening across the surface of the earth, but it does work for you to explain the constant size of the sun and moon as they rise and set day in and day out?

BTW, if you're familiar with Smiling Friends, there's an episode in the new season that you'd really appreciate.
Oldsouljer
hokiewolf said:

To someone who drives a train, the earth looks pretty flat.
grantwolf
GuerrillaPack said:

Milwaukee city lights can be seen at night from across Lake Michigan from 80 miles away. If the earth were a magic spinning sphere as they tell us, that would be impossible as the tallest building in Milwaukee should be hidden by around 3,100 ft of non-existent "earth curvature". A local television Lamestream news report on it in this video below. They try to explain it away, saying it is a "mirage".

By the way, this isn't all that surprising. This is why lighthouses have been used for hundreds of years to guide ships. The lights from the lighthouses can be seen from dozens of miles out at sea, and are not hidden by "earth curvature". So I guess seafaring ships were counting on a "mirage" existing every night to be able to see the lighthouses from 30-40+ miles out at sea? Lol

https://instagr.am/p/C8cHfB3Okq4
Without even going through the trouble to:

a) Verify the distances
b) verify the camera height
c) quantify any light refraction based on conditions
d) verify any other aspects of this photo

My simple question is, why on Flat Earth is this a "rare" phenomenon?

With a strong enough lens, you should EASILY see across the great lakes, the Atlantic Ocean, the Pacific Ocean, etc.
GuerrillaPack
grantwolf said:

With a strong enough lens, you should EASILY see across the great lakes, the Atlantic Ocean, the Pacific Ocean, etc.
See what exactly? From the coast of North Carolina we should "easily" be able to see the coast of Europe?
grantwolf
GuerrillaPack said:

grantwolf said:

See what exactly? From the coast of North Carolina we should "easily" be able to see the coast of Europe?
Sure, why not?
The Phare Du Creach is one of the strongest lighthouses in the world, but oddly can only be seen for around 30 miles. Wonder why that is....

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.