The "Flat Earth" movement - Could Establishment claims about the universe be false?

93,071 Views | 712 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by ncsupack1
WolfpackUSC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GuerrillaPack said:

WolfpackUSC said:

There's no use. GP is too stupid to comprehend anything.
You are wrong once again USC. You tried hard to "debunk" me, but failed again. Try reading my posts more closely. I said from the beginning that private citizens could visit, but not EXPLORE.

Try harder next time.

I'm aware that you won't believe anything shown to you
GuerrillaPack
WolfpackUSC said:

GuerrillaPack said:

WolfpackUSC said:

You are wrong once again USC. You tried hard to "debunk" me, but failed again. Try reading my posts more closely. I said from the beginning that private citizens could visit, but not EXPLORE.

Try harder next time.

What you are finding out is that I don't believe false information, parroting lies from a criminal Establishment that only lies to us about everything.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
GuerrillaPack
Skipper Convicted for Entering Antarctica Without Permit

Quote:

The International Association of Antarctica Tour Operators (IAATO) has commended the Nord-Troms District Court for convicting Jarle Andhy of violating the Protocol on Environmental Protection to the Antarctic Treaty.

Norwegian arrested after Antarctic voyage

Quote:

The Norwegian adventurer who made an unauthorised trip to Antarctica with a New Zealander on board has been arrested off the coast of Chile.

Jarle Andhoy and his four crew were arrested in waters near the border of Chile and Argentina.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
grantwolf
This should all be settled this December when Flat Earth Dave goes to Antarctica to see the 24-hour sun. Oh, wait...he's declined the offer. We'll see if any of the guys making money off of this charade are willing tank their livelihoods by taking the trip.

grantwolf
GuerrillaPack said:

Skipper Convicted for Entering Antarctica Without Permit

Quote:

The International Association of Antarctica Tour Operators (IAATO) has commended the Nord-Troms District Court for convicting Jarle Andhy of violating the Protocol on Environmental Protection to the Antarctic Treaty.

Norwegian arrested after Antarctic voyage

Quote:

The Norwegian adventurer who made an unauthorised trip to Antarctica with a New Zealander on board has been arrested off the coast of Chile.

Jarle Andhoy and his four crew were arrested in waters near the border of Chile and Argentina.

Yes, there's a treaty. Yes, it is a protected Continent. Yes, there are penalties to not following the rules of the Treaty. Your point is?
WolfpackUSC
grantwolf said:

This should all be settled this December when Flat Earth Dave goes to Antarctica to see the 24-hour sun. Oh, wait...he's declined the offer. We'll see if any of the guys making money off of this charade are willing tank their livelihoods by taking the trip.

https://www.the-final-experiment.com/
WolfpackUSC
My favorite is Professor Dave humiliating Flerf Dave for over an hour.

GuerrillaPack
grantwolf said:

Yes, there's a treaty. Yes, it is a protected Continent. Yes, there are penalties to not following the rules of the Treaty. Your point is?
durrrrrrrrrr

Proved the point I said from the very beginning. Exploration of Antarctica by private citizens is not allowed. The continent is heavily guarded to prevent that from happening. In order to visit, you have to get a special permit, and they will only allow you to visit a few small areas of Antarctica.
WolfpackUSC
GuerrillaPack said:

grantwolf said:

durrrrrrrrrr

Proved the point I said from the very beginning. Exploration of Antarctica by private citizens is not allowed. The continent is heavily guarded to prevent that from happening. In order to visit, you have to get a special permit, and they will only allow you to visit a few small areas of Antarctica.

I just showed 2 sites that allow citizens to go all the way to the South Pole.
Oldsouljer
GuerrillaPack said:

griff17matt said:

GuerrillaPack said:

griff17matt said:

GuerrillaPack said:

griff17matt said:

GP, not sure if this has been asked in this fever-dream of a thread, but what is on the other side of this flat earth? LIke, if we have mountains and such over here, what is on the other side of the earth sized coin? Another area just like this side? Dirt with roots sticking through? If the former, why did Jesus only visit this side? If the latter, what keeps the middle from collapsing in?
The "orthodox" false cosmology from the faux "scientific" Establishment has the same questions, with no answers. In their model, what is beyond the known universe?...is the universe finite in space or is the universe infinite? What about dark matter? What is it? It's theoretical nonsense that they created, in order to explain away problems in their model related to gravity.
Thank you. So you have no clue?
Thank you as well. And thank you as well for not providing me any answers.

I assumed your questions were just cover so you didn't have to answer mine. I have no way to know the answer to any of those questions, and, quite frankly, I don't care. I'm not a scientist. Just a stupid IT guy. Unlike your questions, you could travel and find out mine. Quite fascinating to me that no one has actually been to the edge of the flat earth. In all of human history no one has found the end? Weird, no?
Antarctica is the edge. That's why there is an international treaty preventing private citizens from exploring Antarctica, and the only way private citizens can even visit there is getting a special permit, whereby they will only allow you to go to a few certain areas.
Mmm, dunno about that, I think quite a few posters here are on the edge, and I doubt they're in Antarctica.
grantwolf
GuerrillaPack said:

grantwolf said:

durrrrrrrrrr

On a flat earth model, "The Cabal" would have to guard twenty five thousand miles of coastline.
grantwolf
GuerrillaPack said:

grantwolf said:

, and they will only allow you to visit a few small areas of Antarctica.
Got any proof of this?
Packchem91
GuerrillaPack said:

WolfpackUSC said:

GuerrillaPack said:

WolfpackUSC said:

Try harder next time.

What you are finding out is that I don't believe false information, parroting lies from a criminal Establishment that only lies to us about everything.

The funniest "lack of self awareness" thing about you is how you rail against establishment and how they control thoughts and against the perversion of sexual assault of children, all while being 100% in lock step with Christianity and every word written in teh Bible.
The Bible, which is just a written story (and faith).

Amd never mind how the Church has been perhaps the most glaring "establishment " of the last 2000 years. Controlling, killing, disparaging, and as we see regularly even today, molesting kids and yet being protected by the same church.

But sure, let's focus on limited abilities to travel to Antarctica as a sign that the thousands of governments in this world have colluded to trick us on the flat vs spherical earth

And I say this as a Christian. But it is called "faith", not "things we can prove"

griff17matt
GuerrillaPack said:

griff17matt said:

GuerrillaPack said:

griff17matt said:

GuerrillaPack said:

griff17matt said:

GP, not sure if this has been asked in this fever-dream of a thread, but what is on the other side of this flat earth? LIke, if we have mountains and such over here, what is on the other side of the earth sized coin? Another area just like this side? Dirt with roots sticking through? If the former, why did Jesus only visit this side? If the latter, what keeps the middle from collapsing in?
The "orthodox" false cosmology from the faux "scientific" Establishment has the same questions, with no answers. In their model, what is beyond the known universe?...is the universe finite in space or is the universe infinite? What about dark matter? What is it? It's theoretical nonsense that they created, in order to explain away problems in their model related to gravity.

I assumed your questions were just cover so you didn't have to answer mine. I have no way to know the answer to any of those questions, and, quite frankly, I don't care. I'm not a scientist. Just a stupid IT guy. Unlike your questions, you could travel and find out mine. Quite fascinating to me that no one has actually been to the edge of the flat earth. In all of human history no one has found the end? Weird, no?
Antarctica is the edge. That's why there is an international treaty preventing private citizens from exploring Antarctica, and the only way private citizens can even visit there is getting a special permit, whereby they will only allow you to go to a few certain areas.

Hold on...you think Antarctica wraps around the entire edge of the flat earth? How is that possible? Or is the only edge in the south? And I would assume some edge would get so much sunlight that there is no ice. Why couldn't you explore there?
Packchem91
griff17matt said:

GuerrillaPack said:

griff17matt said:

GuerrillaPack said:

griff17matt said:

GuerrillaPack said:

griff17matt said:

Hold on...you think Antarctica wraps around the entire edge of the flat earth? How is that possible? Or is the only edge in the south? And I would assume some edge would get so much sunlight that there is no ice. Why couldn't you explore there?

Because the man says so!
Crazy thing is, I just finished reading Endurance about Ernest Shackelton's exploration there that resulted in getting stuck on the ice there for 18 months. Maybe it's the ghosts of Endurance that block people now?

Can't believe he didn't come home and tell everyone he had found the edge of the world
dogplasma
A number of people have crossed Antarctica. You'd think some of them would report a big drop in the middle. And Im fairly sure they all did it in the summer when the sun doesn't set, or at least a time of year when the days are really long…

There are also regular boat races around Antarctica. Would they notice if it turned out to be twice the distance around the equator?
Cthepack
GP - you said that there is 20% of the population that are flat earthers, you continue to say this is growing. Statistically, if that were the case, why are you the only one on IPS that is a flat earther?
MoCoWolf
Cthepack said:

GP - you said that there is 20% of the population that are flat earthers, you continue to say this is growing. Statistically, if that were the case, why are you the only one on IPS that is a flat earther?
You have to stop with logic with people like him. Here is a conversation I can envision:

GP: "God, the Earth is flat, right?"

God: "No, my son, it is round. I made it that way."

GP: "Dangit, now I can't even believe in God anymore! Wait, watch this YouTube video!"

Oldsouljer
MoCoWolf said:

Cthepack said:

You have to stop with logic with people like him. Here is a conversation I can envision:

GP: "Dangit, now I can't even believe in God anymore! Wait, watch this YouTube video!"

How about a compromise? Agree that's it's locally flat and broadly round? Then we can place this thread into the archives and be done with it.
TheStorm
Cthepack said:

Ding. Ding. Ding. Ding. Ding.
Packchem91
Cthepack said:

99.9% of the supposed 20% never got close to a college classroom, and I'd guess most people on this site have college experience. So this forum probably not best measuring stick
dogplasma
Oldsouljer said:

MoCoWolf said:

Cthepack said:

How about a compromise? Agree that's it's locally flat and broadly round? Then we can place this thread into the archives and be done with it.
So just like my midsection
Oldsouljer
dogplasma said:

Oldsouljer said:

MoCoWolf said:

Cthepack said:

So just like my midsection
Savage Wolves should offer a donor prize of a workout session with Thunder Dan.
dogplasma
They could be called The Flat Girthers
GuerrillaPack
Cthepack said:

Polling from 2.5 years ago showed that around 12% of the American population believe in flat earth and 8% are "unsure" if the earth is flat or a sphere -- for a total of 20% that do not believe the earth is a sphere.

Confirm here if you don't believe me:

https://carsey.unh.edu/publication/conspiracy-vs-science-survey-us-public-beliefs

grantwolf
With a strong enough zoom lens, can you see see the sun at night? If not, why?
GuerrillaPack
grantwolf said:

You said you are here posting in this thread for entertainment, not a serious discussion...remember?
grantwolf
GuerrillaPack said:

grantwolf said:

You said you are here posting in this thread for entertainment, not a serious discussion...remember?
I never said I wasn't serious. I'm highly entertained by it, but I haven't posted anything that I don't believe (unless I'm clearly being sarcastic).

Now can you see the sun with a strong enough lens at night?
grantwolf
I do fully appreciate that I ask really tough questions that a Flat Earth can't answer, so it's OK to ignore the tough ones.
GuerrillaPack
grantwolf said:

I do fully appreciate that I ask really tough questions that a Flat Earth can't answer, so it's OK to ignore the tough ones.
Why can we see much further than we should be able to see if the earth were a sphere as they tell us (such as seeing the entire Chicago skyline from 60 miles away across Lake Michigan, and that lighthouse in Maine from 10 miles away that I showed the video of a few pages back...just 2 of hundreds of examples)?

These questions go both ways.
TheStorm
I see that he deleted the Milwaukee picture that he posted earlier this morning...
grantwolf
GuerrillaPack said:

grantwolf said:

Why can we see much further than we should be able to see if the earth were a sphere as they tell us (such as seeing the entire Chicago skyline from 60 miles away across Lake Michigan, and that lighthouse in Maine from 10 miles away that I showed the video of a few pages back...just 2 of hundreds of examples)?

These questions go both ways.
Under the right conditions, light refracts, allowing us to see further than "normal". It works in the opposite way as well.

The fact that you can't see the entire skyline (down to the docks) on those cities all the time (except when fog is present) proves that the earth curves.

Now...as for that sun...seems we should be able to see that all the time on the "disk"
grantwolf
TheStorm said:

I see that he deleted the Milwaukee picture that he posted earlier this morning...
...and a Toronto one.
ncsupack1
This thread delivers.
TheStorm
grantwolf said:

TheStorm said:

...and a Toronto one.
Oh yeah, it was Toronto... clearly taken from a few miles offshore at the most.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.