The "Flat Earth" movement - Could Establishment claims about the universe be false?

93,079 Views | 712 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by ncsupack1
ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GuerrillaPack said:

ncsupack1 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

ncsupack1 said:

So what damn color is the earth? I need to know.
You need to be less of a condescending arrogant smart ***
Arrogant? I haven't claimed to a expert on any of this. Both of you seem confident in what you are explaining. Sorry you took it that way.
Ok, it seemed like a snarky comment. If not, I take back what I said.
All good.
GuerrillaPack
dogplasma said:

GuerrillaPack said:

dogplasma said:

Obviously that YouTube video has been faked.
You have ZERO evidence whatsoever to support that false accusation.
Lol, that was heavy sarcasm. But, oh, the irony in your response.
It seemed you were referring to the video of the lighthouse in Maine. Good to know you don't think that one was "faked".
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
WolfpackUSC
GuerrillaPack said:

WolfpackUSC said:

GuerrillaPack said:

WolfpackUSC said:

You're competent in science?

LOL at your last reply.

And what do you have your degree in?

And please explain why half of the earth in your CGI Russian "globe" is a color of orange that is ridiculous. Please explain the "science" on that.

Masters degree in geospatial science.

I work with satellite and aerial imagery everyday.

I also instructed the use of various satellite imagery for targeting purposes. A huge chuck of that is teaching the spherical earth, you know, the basics.

Check mate.
Oh, so "check mate" you "win" because you claim to work in a related field. Sorry, that's not how it works...where he who has the "greater authority" always "wins the argument". If that were the case, then no one would be able to question or argue against NASA, since NASA is the "ultimate authority".

Why didn't you give us your super "scientific" explanation of how the earth is a ridiculous color of orange that doesn't actually exist in your Russian CGI image??

Color depends on the wavelength the satellite uses to capture the imagery. Visible, IR, SIR, etc…

Satellites don't always capture imagery the way our eyes see it, Could be a multispectral, hyperspectral, panchromatic, etc….

Below are some examples of Florida.

WolfpackUSC
Here's the link for EU's Copernicus satellite.

https://scihub.copernicus.eu/

Also Earth Explorer. Has a ton of satellite imagery you can search from, to include commercial non-NASA affiliated companies. https://earthexplorer.usgs.gov/

Have at it. Let me know when you find the ice wall surrounding the globe.
WolfpackUSC
Here's satellite imagery captured in the NIR, red, and green bands. Used to detect flood waters here in NC.

NC isn't red is it? Must be fake.

"I can't comprehend it, therefore it must be fake"
-Guerilla

Wolfman588
GuerrillaPack
WolfpackUSC said:

Here's satellite imagery captured in the NIR, red, and green bands. Used to detect flood waters here in NC.

NC isn't red is it? Must be fake.

"I can't comprehend it, therefore it must be fake"
-Guerilla
Oh, right. So the Russians put half of the earth on some random orange color, for what reason exactly?

They CGI'd half the land in green and the oceans in blue, and the clouds in white. So they were not trying to depict the earth as it looks in the "normal" human optical view of colors? Did the Russians inform us why they used bands with colors that do not match how the earth actually appears?

"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
GuerrillaPack
Wolfman588 said:

That proves absolutely nothing in regards to whether the earth is flat or a sphere. There are differing length (and direction) shadows at different locations on the earth at any one time on a flat earth model as well.
Wolfman588
So the sun is much closer to the earth in the flat model than the globe model?
WolfpackUSC
As I thought.

Explain something and Guerrilla refuses to believe it, as if satellites only look at visible wavelengths.

Live in your fantasy world I guess.

GuerrillaPack
WolfpackUSC said:

As I thought.

Explain something and Guerrilla refuses to believe it, as if satellites only look at visible wavelengths.

Great...so whenever NASA or some other pseudo "space agency" puts out preposterous CGI fake "globe earth" photos with ridiculous coloring, you can just explain it away by saying, "oh look they have the technology to make photographs with bands of colors that do not correlate to how the objects look to the naked human eye".

Of course we know they have the technology to alter the colors of photographs by use of specific cameras/settings/etc. But why would you do that and then present the photograph to the public as if that's how the earth appears to the human eye?
WolfpackUSC
GuerrillaPack said:

WolfpackUSC said:

As I thought.

Great...so whenever NASA or some other pseudo "space agency" puts out preposterous CGI fake "globe earth" photos with ridiculous coloring, you can just explain it away by saying, "oh look they have the technology to make photographs with bands of colors that do not correlate to how the objects look to the naked human eye".

Of course we know they have the technology to alter the colors of photographs by use of specific cameras/settings/etc. But why would you do that and then present the photograph to the public as if that's how the earth appears to the human eye?

Because satellites are used for more than just the "human eye" visual

One way is soil moisture detection. If you capture imagery in an optical band, you have no idea what you're looking for, it's just an image of the earth. But use a SAR satellite and you can tell which areas are heathy and/ or dry.

This is one of hundreds of examples of why you would use a non optical band for a satellite and present it that way.

I don't care whether you believe me or not, it's apparent no amount of evidence would sway you.
El Lobo Loco
Wolfman588 said:

I think it depends on where you live.
grantwolf
GuerrillaPack said:

WolfpackUSC said:

As I thought.

But why would you do that and then present the photograph to the public as if that's how the earth appears to the human eye?

A better question is: If NASA is using fake CGI imagery to depict the Earth, why would they use colors that don't correlate to reality? Are they dumb?
grantwolf
El Lobo Loco said:

Wolfman588 said:

I think it depends on where you live.
They don't even know how high the moon and sun are above the Earth, nor do they know their respective sizes. Apparently math is hard for them.
dogplasma
If earth is flat, it should be pretty easy for them to get a rough idea of the sun's distance using the stick-shadow method, right? Should also work for the moon. Would be interesting to see if they get the same answer for both…

And as long as they're looking up, maybe it's worth wondering why there's a northern pole and a southern pole in night sky. Or why there are different constellations in the northern and southern hemispheres. Those are REAL head scratchers.

I don't think you'll get much response from GP until the feds are done looking for a motive in the shooting. If you just glance at the other thread, it appears his attention is in maximum overdrive right now.
MoCoWolf
Can we start a Gofund Me to send GP to space so he can see it with his own eyes? Wouldn't matter, he would come back with some crazy stuff about why what he saw was fake, too.

Does it scare anyone else that this is someone we share roads with, go to the same grocery stores, buy the same tin foil?
WolfpackUSC
MoCoWolf said:

Can we start a Gofund Me to send GP to space so he can see it with his own eyes? Wouldn't matter, he would come back with some crazy stuff about why what he saw was fake, too.

Does it scare anyone else that this is someone we share roads with, go to the same grocery stores, buy the same tin foil?

What scares me is it seems more and more people are buying into it.

Insanity
MoCoWolf
WolfpackUSC said:

MoCoWolf said:

Insanity

I think something happened and people are dumber than they used to be. Watch them drive, or try to have an intelligent convo with the average person. Scary.

Of course, none of this applies to GP. He's smarter than us all.
GuerrillaPack
MoCoWolf said:

It's not just me chief. Recent polling shows at least 12% of the American public believes in the earth is flat, and approximately 7-8% responding that they are "unsure" whether the earth is flat or a sphere, and around 80% who responded that they believe it is a sphere or round.

https://carsey.unh.edu/publication/conspiracy-vs-science-survey-us-public-beliefs

MoCoWolf
GuerrillaPack said:

MoCoWolf said:

It's not just me chief. Recent polling shows at least 12% of the American public believes in the earth is flat, and approximately 7-8% responding that they are "unsure" whether the earth is flat or a sphere, and around 80% who responded that they believe it is a sphere or round.

https://carsey.unh.edu/publication/conspiracy-vs-science-survey-us-public-beliefs

This is some scary stuff.
WolfpackUSC
MoCoWolf said:

WolfpackUSC said:

MoCoWolf said:

Insanity

I think something happened and people are dumber than they used to be. Watch them drive, or try to have an intelligent convo with the average person. Scary.

It's 100% social media. Morons are given a loud voice and unfortunately, believe cherry picked "evidence" over what is common sense and has been proven millions of times.

That's why every single news worthy event is some deep state conspiracy.
GuerrillaPack
MoCoWolf said:

WolfpackUSC said:

MoCoWolf said:

Insanity

Yes, people are getting dumber. But it's not the people in the flat earth camp. It's the people on the other side of the ideological spectrum, who are duped into believing GARGANTUAN levels of stupidity such as there now being "70 genders", who bought the ridiculous lie that an unborn child "is not a human being but is just a lump of cells", and who have believed the preposterous notion that "we are evolved monkeys who came into existence by random chance living on a rock flying through space that was ejected from a Big Bang explosion".
WolfpackUSC
LOL
The irony

Also, if you believe the earth is a sphere, you must also believe there are 70 genders?

It seems you're saying:
Conservatives believe in flat earth
Liberals believe in spherical earth
MoCoWolf
GuerrillaPack said:

MoCoWolf said:

WolfpackUSC said:

MoCoWolf said:

Insanity

Yes, people are getting dumber. But it's not the people in the flat earth camp. It's the people on the other side of the ideological spectrum, who are duped into believing GARGANTUAN levels of stupidity such as there now being "70 genders", who bought the ridiculous lie that an unborn child "is not a human being but is just a lump of cells", and who have believed the preposterous notion that "we are evolved monkeys who came into existence by random chance living on a rock flying through space that was ejected from a Big Bang explosion".

There are 70 genders? Can you name them?
grantwolf
Once you start hitting him with the "how big is the sun and how far away is it" questions, he starts whining about genders and Marxism and the Deep State.

As has been mentioned ad nauseum on this thread, measuring sizes and distances of the sun and moon on a flat Earth would be extremely easy...but oddly, nobody has.
GuerrillaPack
grantwolf said:

Once you start hitting him with the "how big is the sun and how far away is it" questions, he starts whining about genders and Marxism and the Deep State.

As has been mentioned ad nauseum on this thread, measuring sizes and distances of the sun and moon on a flat Earth would be extremely easy...but oddly, nobody has.
If you are insinuating that I'm dodging that question, you are being deliberately deceptive. As you well know, you've asked me that probably a dozen of times in this thread. I answered it from the very beginning, but you just kept asking it, pretending like I had "not" addressed it. So, here, I'll answer it again for the 3rd or 4th time, quoting what I said the most recent time I re-answered it...

Quote:

I think what I said when you asked this same question for the 20th time earlier...was that "I don't know".

It's ok to admit that we don't know something. Your vaunted priests of the pseudo "scientific" Establishment don't know everything either. And in rare moments of honesty, they will admit that they actually don't know much at all about our physical universe. That's why virtually everything they propagate is THEORIES -- eg, theory of evolution, Big Bang theory, theory of relativity, etc etc etc. And the heliocentric model is also a theory. So is the idea of a "spherical" earth.

The priests of the faux scientific Establishment used to have a consensus that the sun was"4 million" miles from the earth. Then they changed it several times before now settling on "93 million". That's wrong too.

GuerrillaPack
WolfpackUSC said:

Also, if you believe the earth is a sphere, you must also believe there are 70 genders?

It seems you're saying:
Conservatives believe in flat earth
Liberals believe in spherical earth

Yes, I'm saying that the majority of those who believe the earth is flat are conservatives. Not all, but the majority.
MoCoWolf
Must be very interesting to go through life as GP.

You either have to not tell people what you really believe, or you have to be honest, and then have them think you are a wackadoodle.

Either way, had to be an interesting existence
TheStorm
MoCoWolf said:

You either have to not tell people what you really believe, or you have to be honest, and then have them think you are a wackadoodle.

First time I've ever starred something you've posted.
MoCoWolf
TheStorm said:

MoCoWolf said:

First time I've ever starred something you've posted.

I'm calling my Mom… "Mama, I made it!" LOL
grantwolf

You are a freaking engineer. Do some basic math! Don't rely on someone else to do it for you...or watch some youtube video. Do it yourself!

I mean, you won't...because you know you won't like the results.
GuerrillaPack
MoCoWolf said:

It's extremely interesting...because knowing the truth about what's actually going on in the world is 1000x more fascinating (and important/meaningful as well) than the best fictional Hollywood story.

And I would speak and stand up for the truth even if I was in a minority of 1% or less. But as I mentioned a few posts ago, it's not like I'm in some "super extreme minority" on many of these views -- whether it's flat earth, covid being a scam, 9/11 an inside job, the reality of the NWO agenda, etc. For example, again, the poll I posted above shows that 12% of Americans believe the earth is flat and around 8% are "unsure" as to whether it's flat or a sphere. That's 1 in 5 people (20%) who are either on my side, or do not think I'm a "wackadoodle".
dogplasma
About 1 in 4 Americans also believe in astrology. 1 in 5 think the holocaust didn't happen. A bunch of people think Africa is a country.
GuerrillaPack
dogplasma said:

About 1 in 4 Americans also believe in astrology. 1 in 5 think the holocaust didn't happen. A bunch of people think Africa is a country.
Cope

It's only going up. That poll is from April 2022, over two years old. It's certainly higher than 20% now.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.